Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Allen replacing Ki 08:38 - Jul 23 with 2362 viewsSwan91

For me that is not a good thing... we shouldn't be replacing our attacking cm's for defensive ones.. for me i would have allen/cork in one position and Ki/fer in the other cm position.

If we have allen and cork take both cm position then thats all defence with no attacking going forward...

What i would also like to see possibly is ki be 2nd choice AM behind gylfi with ayew becoming striker.. ki did show towards the end of the season that he could do well in the attacking midfield area. He is more suited to that position.

Allen/britton.......fer/cork
................Gylfi/Ki.........
.............Ayew/new striker

Allen replacing Ki on 08:53 - Jul 23 with 2308 viewsGoldminer

Horses for courses. Man City away stick Allen/Cork in. Burnley home bring Ki/Fer in for one of them.
Allen replacing Ki on 09:09 - Jul 23 with 2248 viewsshandyjack

And I'd like to see Ki gone as quickly as Gomis, no heart for the shirt and too often a luxury player, 1 good season and 2 dreadful seasons. Not good enough

Poll: Expectation for the season

Allen replacing Ki on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 2224 viewsmacthejack

Allen is so much more than just a limited DM. I see it as a very low risk signing.
Allen replacing Ki on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 2221 viewsBigPhilG

If we sign Joe Allen I can see him being a permanent fixture home and away. At away games I can see us playing two holding players like Joe and Jack Cork and at home Fer or Ki might play instead of Cork when we play the so called "smaller" teams.
The bottom line is to sign him in the first place
Allen replacing Ki on 09:17 - Jul 23 with 2207 viewsjack247

Look at it more holistically. Allen takes the ball from defence or breaks up opposition attacks then distributes it quickly to our more attack minded players.

He isn't an attacking midfielder himself, but putting him in the team will give the likes of Gylfi, Ayew etc more possession and do it when the opposition defence isn't necessarily set. He wouldn't score many goals or get many assists, but he would get the team flowing better and I think make us more of an attacking threat overall.

Ki is brilliant on his day, but unless he can find some consistency, won't be more than a squad player.
Allen replacing Ki on 09:22 - Jul 23 with 2179 viewsMattG

Joe seems to be much more attack-minded these days than during his previous time here.

That through ball for Ramsey was sensational - any of our AMs would be proud of it.
Allen replacing Ki on 09:56 - Jul 23 with 2062 viewsLoyal

Allen replacing Ki on 09:17 - Jul 23 by jack247

Look at it more holistically. Allen takes the ball from defence or breaks up opposition attacks then distributes it quickly to our more attack minded players.

He isn't an attacking midfielder himself, but putting him in the team will give the likes of Gylfi, Ayew etc more possession and do it when the opposition defence isn't necessarily set. He wouldn't score many goals or get many assists, but he would get the team flowing better and I think make us more of an attacking threat overall.

Ki is brilliant on his day, but unless he can find some consistency, won't be more than a squad player.

Retain Gylfi get Allen, good first weeks business.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Allen replacing Ki on 10:07 - Jul 23 with 2019 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Allen replacing Ki on 09:17 - Jul 23 by jack247

I don't know what this thread is about, because Allen won't be a defensive midfielder as long as he's got a hole in his arse. And never will be! He's box to box if anything . Leon/Cork DM , Allen/Fer CM, Gylfi/Ayew/Routs AM

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Allen replacing Ki on 10:12 - Jul 23 with 2002 viewsDr_Winston

Allen replacing Ki on 10:07 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't know what this thread is about, because Allen won't be a defensive midfielder as long as he's got a hole in his arse. And never will be! He's box to box if anything . Leon/Cork DM , Allen/Fer CM, Gylfi/Ayew/Routs AM

He's developed more into a JdG type transitional midfielder. Moving from defence to attack quite quickly. Shame he's not as prolific.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Allen replacing Ki on 10:33 - Jul 23 with 1923 viewsKerouac

Exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Allen replacing Ki on 10:45 - Jul 23 with 1873 viewsmax936

Allen replacing Ki on 10:12 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

He's developed more into a JdG type transitional midfielder. Moving from defence to attack quite quickly. Shame he's not as prolific.

Agreed, but Joe is better than JDG all day long, one things for certain he won't be winning the seasons hide and seek cup

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Allen replacing Ki on 10:52 - Jul 23 with 1837 viewspencoedjack

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/258768/percy-13m-fee-agreed-allen?pag

Most Stoke fans seem to think 13 million is about right ( in a over inflated market)
Allen replacing Ki on 11:49 - Jul 23 with 1667 viewsDafyddHuw

I really don't get this "Bring him home" stuff.

I think he's a lovely player, but -
are we saying that midfield is our priority? Shirley we need a classy (which will mean expensive) centre forwrd first, followed by a right back (Angel even older and Nauighton a bit meh).
And when we do get round to looking at midfiled, we've got Siggy, Cork, Ki, Fer at least.
And although none of them does exactly what Joe Allen does, if we feel that we need that type of player, we can get a Joe Allen (but not Joe Allen) cheaper from the continent (cos he's not British).

So all this "Bring Joe home" stuff is just sentiment overruling common sense.

In an ideal world I'd love to have him in our team. But then the same applies to Michu, Wilf, Ferrie and Ben.
Allen replacing Ki on 11:53 - Jul 23 with 1655 viewsChrisSCFC

Allen replacing Ki on 11:49 - Jul 23 by DafyddHuw

are we saying that midfield is our priority? Shirley we need a classy (which will mean expensive) centre forwrd first, followed by a right back (Angel even older and Nauighton a bit meh).
And when we do get round to looking at midfiled, we've got Siggy, Cork, Ki, Fer at least.
And although none of them does exactly what Joe Allen does, if we feel that we need that type of player, we can get a Joe Allen (but not Joe Allen) cheaper from the continent (cos he's not British).

In an ideal world I'd love to have him in our team. But then the same applies to Michu, Wilf, Ferrie and Ben.

2 of those midfielders are average journeymen, 1 goes out and we'll be recalling Matt Grimes.
Allen replacing Ki on 12:00 - Jul 23 with 1630 viewsDafyddHuw

Allen replacing Ki on 11:53 - Jul 23 by ChrisSCFC

2 of those midfielders are average journeymen, 1 goes out and we'll be recalling Matt Grimes.

If you're saying that Ki's a journeyman footballer then I know with what respect to treat the rest of your posts.
And are you saying that, at the moment, a midfielder is a higher priority for us than a RB or CF?
Allen replacing Ki on 12:40 - Jul 23 with 1554 viewsChrisSCFC

Allen replacing Ki on 12:00 - Jul 23 by DafyddHuw

If you're saying that Ki's a journeyman footballer then I know with what respect to treat the rest of your posts.
And are you saying that, at the moment, a midfielder is a higher priority for us than a RB or CF?

He's a player signed from the SPL who's had 1 strong, consistent season in the Premier League which wasn't for us and 1 who'd most on here at least would be happy to sell for 10 million.

More important than a RB? For me yes. I don't believe Naughton's as terrible as other's are saying and Rangel's performances actually picked up toward the back end of last season, that's not to say we shouldn't explore other options if they become available.

Than a CF? Absolutely not but we can sign both.
Allen replacing Ki on 12:54 - Jul 23 with 1518 viewsjack247

He is a link man. Always available for the easy pass, carries it forward a bit, sees a gap, plays to a teammate in a space, then restarts the process by getting himself in position for an easy pass again.

He isn't a defensive midfielder, but he will be the first player the defence looks for when they regain possession. He isn't box to box, those are midfielders that make a tackle in our area one minute, make a lung busting run and get on the end of a cross the next. Pratley was box to box.
Allen replacing Ki on 12:56 - Jul 23 with 1503 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Allen replacing Ki on 11:49 - Jul 23 by DafyddHuw

I agree we need a striker but we must get the ball forward more quickly and Joe is made for that. Monk killed our quick passing game off and Joe's going to help us re-establish it.

Allen replacing Ki on 12:58 - Jul 23 with 1495 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Allen replacing Ki on 12:40 - Jul 23 by ChrisSCFC

He's a player signed from the SPL who's had 1 strong, consistent season in the Premier League which wasn't for us and 1 who'd most on here at least would be happy to sell for 10 million.

More important than a RB? For me yes. I don't believe Naughton's as terrible as other's are saying and Rangel's performances actually picked up toward the back end of last season, that's not to say we shouldn't explore other options if they become available.

You are right, Ki hasn't delivered as much as we wanted him to. Best get rid and add to the war chest

Allen replacing Ki on 10:57 - Jul 24 with 1196 viewsSenhin

Allen replacing Ki on 12:40 - Jul 23 by ChrisSCFC

So he didn't have a strong consistent season when he w9n your player of the season?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Allen replacing Ki on 11:07 - Jul 24 with 1165 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Allen replacing Ki on 10:57 - Jul 24 by Senhin

So he didn't have a strong consistent season when he w9n your player of the season?

I think for whatever reason he's just not going to do it here. Perhaps his wife count resist those sexy directors we used to have...........

Allen replacing Ki on 12:13 - Jul 24 with 1066 viewsjasper_T

Strangely enough, he didn't. Very good until Christmas and then he was off to the Asia cup and was rotated in and out of the starting 11 after Cork's arrival and a couple of knocks.

Fabianski was my pick for PotS.
Allen replacing Ki on 12:16 - Jul 24 with 1044 viewsItchySphincter

How many times are you going trot that one out? He's crap. Get some new material.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024