Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message to gylfi sigurðsson 14:44 - May 14 with 5876 viewsSwanseaman

It would be better to stay at Swansea, if you went to a bigger club you may end up with less game time, competing with other players to get in the team.

You are a fans favorite here, that won't be guaranteed to happen elsewhere.

the Jack Army are the best supporters and you share Celtic ancestry with us.

Everton is not a better club to go to and not a good move, so cancel that if you are in any talks with them.

Next season could be a really great one here, there are many players who have left us and regretted it (wanted to come back). The grass is not always greener..

[Post edited 14 May 2017 14:47]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:49 - May 14 with 3838 viewsE20Jack

That'll work I reckon.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:51 - May 14 with 3578 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Or off you go so your vastly over inflated fee can get us some one who can take more than just free kicks???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:53 - May 14 with 3795 viewsSwanseaman

"E20Jack said: That'll work I reckon."

[Post edited 14 May 2017 15:03]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:56 - May 14 with 3511 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:53 - May 14 by Swanseaman

"E20Jack said: That'll work I reckon."

[Post edited 14 May 2017 15:03]

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:03 - May 14 with 3673 viewsSwansea93

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:51 - May 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Or off you go so your vastly over inflated fee can get us some one who can take more than just free kicks???

Out of 42 goals scored by him in the Premier League only 7 were free kicks?

Also he's our highest scorer in the Premier League.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:03 - May 14 with 3670 viewsJack_Meoff

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:49 - May 14 by E20Jack

That'll work I reckon.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:23 - May 14 with 3310 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:03 - May 14 by Swansea93

Out of 42 goals scored by him in the Premier League only 7 were free kicks?

Also he's our highest scorer in the Premier League.

Yes over three seasons or so . Is it a crime to want a more generally creative player who can boss games for us on a more consistent basis though? Really?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:47 - May 14 with 3206 viewsDafyddHuw

Let's not do another Ashley Williams.

If a player wants to go and we want to keep him, all we have to do is say "No".
It's easy. Chelsea wouldn't let Costa go to China in December.
All we have to do is match whatever Everton/Soton want to pay the lad.

Same for Llorente going to Chelsea. Except that'll be an easier sell cos he'll get practically no game time at SB and the clock's ticking for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:50 - May 14 with 3174 viewsDafyddHuw

Ffs. Is that really what you think?
All he can do is take free kicks? Really?
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 18:38 - May 14 with 2915 viewsTheResurrection

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:47 - May 14 by DafyddHuw

Let's not do another Ashley Williams.

If a player wants to go and we want to keep him, all we have to do is say "No".
It's easy. Chelsea wouldn't let Costa go to China in December.
All we have to do is match whatever Everton/Soton want to pay the lad.

Same for Llorente going to Chelsea. Except that'll be an easier sell cos he'll get practically no game time at SB and the clock's ticking for him.

Clueless fack.

Siggy will go and we'll get circa £18m and Clement will build a fast flowing football team non reliant on set pieces.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 19:09 - May 14 with 3043 viewsjesushchrist

It's a tough one for me regarding Siggy, you cannot deny his quality with dead balls and his on field commitment is spot on imo, he does however go missing for a lot of time during matches, if he is sold then I hope it's done early on and not dragged out all summer leaving us fook all time to find a decent replacement.
If he does stay then I hope the club make a statement and give him the captaincy, I would like to see a fresh squad built around him and Tom Carroll.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 19:11 - May 14 with 2793 viewsLoyal

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 18:38 - May 14 by TheResurrection

Clueless fack.

Siggy will go and we'll get circa £18m and Clement will build a fast flowing football team non reliant on set pieces.

Exactly, fck me this new op needs an injection of intelligence.
Is he one of those idiots who hang round the players entrance with his autograph book and a hard on every home game.
Clueless.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 22:57 - May 14 with 2838 viewsDJack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 18:38 - May 14 by TheResurrection

Clueless fack.

Res, I won't say that you are wrong...but putting aside PC's possible intent of putting a Bayern style stamp on us, there is the problem of being owned by venture capitalists whose aim is to get the maximum return for themselves (usually in the short term). Anyhoo , roll on next season...in the Premier League!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 23:46 - May 14 with 2524 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 22:57 - May 14 by DJack

Res, I won't say that you are wrong...but putting aside PC's possible intent of putting a Bayern style stamp on us, there is the problem of being owned by venture capitalists whose aim is to get the maximum return for themselves (usually in the short term). Anyhoo , roll on next season...in the Premier League!

Yes, but they surely must have realized just how close they've come to killing the goose (apologies) that lays the golden eggs? If we had been relegated they would have lost lots of money.

If they re-invest that (Siggy) money wisely then we'll finish higher up the table and get more prize money. It's not rocket surgery!

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 00:29 - May 15 with 2438 viewsDJack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 23:46 - May 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes, but they surely must have realized just how close they've come to killing the goose (apologies) that lays the golden eggs? If we had been relegated they would have lost lots of money.

If they re-invest that (Siggy) money wisely then we'll finish higher up the table and get more prize money. It's not rocket surgery!

Ok Brynnie, all I will say is... not engaging with the trust and appointing Bob show poor judgement. If in the short term they find a mark to "flip us" they will not hesitate and cash for Siggy will be the cherry on top.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 00:48 - May 15 with 2410 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 00:29 - May 15 by DJack

Ok Brynnie, all I will say is... not engaging with the trust and appointing Bob show poor judgement. If in the short term they find a mark to "flip us" they will not hesitate and cash for Siggy will be the cherry on top.

I agree D but I honestly think the have learned the Bob lesson .
And whilst 18 million is a nice pick up surely the leftovers after turnover of £150 million every year will be far more appealing. If we go down they can't make a bean back . The running costs will out pace the parachute payments

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 00:56 - May 15 with 2402 viewsDJack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 00:48 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree D but I honestly think the have learned the Bob lesson .
And whilst 18 million is a nice pick up surely the leftovers after turnover of £150 million every year will be far more appealing. If we go down they can't make a bean back . The running costs will out pace the parachute payments

But it won't be just £18mil. The player sales not in the last accounts, the potential mass clear-out with the lower running costs , PL rights money and coupled with another buyer if they can find one (and let's face it there is always interest in the bloated Premier League).

Sadly it is not our club anymore. Yes, the Yanks might turn over a new leaf and nurture us to a greater potential but do you really see them as long term guardians...what about the next owners?!

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 01:01 - May 15 with 2397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 00:56 - May 15 by DJack

But it won't be just £18mil. The player sales not in the last accounts, the potential mass clear-out with the lower running costs , PL rights money and coupled with another buyer if they can find one (and let's face it there is always interest in the bloated Premier League).

Sadly it is not our club anymore. Yes, the Yanks might turn over a new leaf and nurture us to a greater potential but do you really see them as long term guardians...what about the next owners?!

Oh no I definitely don't see them as long term guardians. Just saying they would be mad not to protect their investment . If we drop to the championship the club won't be anywhere like as saleable or valuable an asset as if we had kept our PL status.

The next owners?? God only knows mate!

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 01:10 - May 15 with 2386 viewsDJack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 01:01 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh no I definitely don't see them as long term guardians. Just saying they would be mad not to protect their investment . If we drop to the championship the club won't be anywhere like as saleable or valuable an asset as if we had kept our PL status.

The next owners?? God only knows mate!

To be fair your post which brought about my reply was along the lines of my thinking but when you mirrored my thoughts I reconsidered and realised we really have no clue as to what their intentions are or what they consider as a reasonable return on their investment.

We live in hope (but keep our expectations low).

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 01:20 - May 15 with 2373 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 01:10 - May 15 by DJack

To be fair your post which brought about my reply was along the lines of my thinking but when you mirrored my thoughts I reconsidered and realised we really have no clue as to what their intentions are or what they consider as a reasonable return on their investment.

We live in hope (but keep our expectations low).

We do indeed. Let's just revel in the fact that PL season 7 is on the horizon

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 02:26 - May 15 with 2328 viewsnyc_swans

anybody watched any tape recently of siggy from the season with rodgers? he looked a totally different player. quicker, always on the front foot, saw much more of the ball.

he's still in his prime, so i wonder if the player from that season looks different because he had rodgers instructing him, or if he has lost a step or 2. he was much more dynamic back then.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 06:32 - May 15 with 2224 viewsJFSwan

Rodgers teams, everyone had much more of the ball
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 07:46 - May 15 with 2090 viewsjacktar

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 02:26 - May 15 by nyc_swans

anybody watched any tape recently of siggy from the season with rodgers? he looked a totally different player. quicker, always on the front foot, saw much more of the ball.

he's still in his prime, so i wonder if the player from that season looks different because he had rodgers instructing him, or if he has lost a step or 2. he was much more dynamic back then.

To be fair to Siggy, I think it's the way PC has told him to play. First job was to stay up and the way we've been set up was to try and ensure that. We may see a better style of play next season from the off though providing the owners support PC with the necessary funds to build on what we have now. I hope Siggy stays and we may see a bit more of what he really is about next season.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 07:52 - May 15 with 2078 viewsSTID2017

When Gylfi goes, it'll be a long time before we see a player with his class and finesse in a Swans shirt again
Clowns like you will never see it though.
The last two seasons his input has made a massive difference between us staying up and going down.
We have grafters in the team (Carroll, Fer) - he brings that bit extra
However, if you have your way we'll sell him
Can't make it up

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 08:25 - May 15 with 2016 viewsswan65split

Just remember Siggy, and a few others, not many are big name players once they move away from Swansea, the money may be there but the class and fame are not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024