Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. 22:27 - Sep 28 with 4148 viewsDavillin

I remember as a youngster [that's a long time ago] that Perry Como was one of my father's favourites. He never missed one of Perry's shows if he could help it. He referred to hm affectionately as "The Italian Barber," and reveled in the fact that Perry was also a Pennsylvanian.

Here's one of my favourite songs, made popular by the also-wonderful singer, Don MacLean, here done by Perry Como to the obvious delight of his audience.:

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:33 - Sep 28 with 3814 viewsDarran

My old man had all his records when I was a kid and I absolutely hated it. I kind of appreciate it today but it's really not my scene like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:40 - Sep 28 with 3805 viewsswanjackal

This was the only Christmas album we ever had in my house growing up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:40 - Sep 28 with 3805 viewsDavillin

Speaking of Don MacLean, here's one of his very best, done for the ages in a duet with the incomparable Chet Atkins.

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:42 - Sep 28 with 3800 viewsDavillin

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:40 - Sep 28 by swanjackal

This was the only Christmas album we ever had in my house growing up.

A huge Wow! Thank you, SwanJ.

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:49 - Sep 28 with 3789 viewslifelong

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:40 - Sep 28 by Davillin

Speaking of Don MacLean, here's one of his very best, done for the ages in a duet with the incomparable Chet Atkins.

Really enjoyed that...beautiful.
Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:50 - Sep 28 with 3785 viewsDavillin

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:49 - Sep 28 by lifelong

Really enjoyed that...beautiful.

Yes

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:52 - Sep 28 with 3782 viewsDavillin

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 22:33 - Sep 28 by Darran

My old man had all his records when I was a kid and I absolutely hated it. I kind of appreciate it today but it's really not my scene like.

I can wait. Well, I want to wait because you're making excellent progress so far.

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 23:03 - Sep 28 with 3771 viewsjack2jack

Classic stuff Dav. I love some of these old time crooners when the mood takes.
Matt Monroe is pretty good too

Login to get fewer ads

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 23:09 - Sep 28 with 3756 viewsDarran

Now you're ferking talking.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 23:18 - Sep 28 with 3744 viewsDavillin

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 23:03 - Sep 28 by jack2jack

Classic stuff Dav. I love some of these old time crooners when the mood takes.
Matt Monroe is pretty good too

. . . and for me, the mood is always there. Thanks.

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 23:26 - Sep 28 with 3728 viewsjack2jack

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 23:18 - Sep 28 by Davillin

. . . and for me, the mood is always there. Thanks.

Now I'm trawling through YouTube.....,.lovely stuff
Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 06:06 - Sep 29 with 3677 viewsjackal

He was big in the 50's and then made a comeback in the 70's.

I saw him live in Birmingham. Lovely singer and apparently a very decent bloke.
Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 09:06 - Sep 29 with 3637 viewswhoflungdung

Not taking serious enough, like Dean Martin but we won't see their like ever again.

Feel sorry for kids today

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 17:46 - Sep 29 with 3571 viewsDavillin

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 23:09 - Sep 28 by Darran

Now you're ferking talking.

OR ...

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:00 - Sep 29 with 3563 viewsbonymine

That was such a memorable piece it really sent a warm feeling inside remembering my Mam and my grandparents who absolutely loved Perry Como.

Thank you so much for that took me back so many years ,...👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:12 - Sep 29 with 3551 viewsDafyddHuw

He was the US version of Val Doonican.
Didn't he die on screen in his chair nd nobody noticed for 3 months or summat?
Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:15 - Sep 29 with 3551 viewsoldcob

Acquired a Perry Como CD amongst some others I was given. Passed it on to an old peoples home, they'll enjoy it no doubt.
Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:25 - Sep 29 with 3542 viewsswanjackal

No love for Mario Lanza? Heathens!

Side note, when I first moved to Morriston area about 16 years ago, I went on a night out and ended up at one of the pubs on the roundabout (immediate right as you come from the main street). Now I was drunk, but both myself, and my mate, swear hanging on the wall was a knitted pullover hanging with the sign "Donated by the late great Val Doonican". Bizarre in itself, but he wasn't even dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:36 - Sep 29 with 3536 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yeh I appreciate him now. Love that Christmas type German flavoured track he did. It was featured in some sort of spy film I recall. I am showing my extreme ignorance on such matters now.
I like Matt Monroe as well. As good a crooner as any of them.
None of it is my cup of tea but I always find it worth a listen.
Please don't tell my fellow Stranglers fans ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:51 - Sep 29 with 3529 viewsDafyddHuw

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:25 - Sep 29 by swanjackal

No love for Mario Lanza? Heathens!

Side note, when I first moved to Morriston area about 16 years ago, I went on a night out and ended up at one of the pubs on the roundabout (immediate right as you come from the main street). Now I was drunk, but both myself, and my mate, swear hanging on the wall was a knitted pullover hanging with the sign "Donated by the late great Val Doonican". Bizarre in itself, but he wasn't even dead.

"... but he wasn't even dead"

How could you tell?
Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:40 - Sep 30 with 3423 viewstheloneranger

Had some Magic Moments listening to Perry.

They don't make singers like him, Sinatra, etc anymore

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 19:13 - Sep 30 with 3411 viewsDavillin

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:40 - Sep 30 by theloneranger

Clever lad!

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 19:17 - Sep 30 with 3407 viewsFlashberryjack

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 18:40 - Sep 30 by theloneranger

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 20:05 - Sep 30 with 3387 viewsWxmJax

Bugger, was scrolling down to seen if anyone had done this. If someone asked me his best song I'd say it's impossible. Delaware was the song I liked and loved his Christmas specials on BBC1 at lunch time on Christmas eve.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 03:03 - Oct 1 with 3350 viewsDavillin

Have you ever heard Perry Como? If not, you missed something wonderful. on 20:05 - Sep 30 by WxmJax

Bugger, was scrolling down to seen if anyone had done this. If someone asked me his best song I'd say it's impossible. Delaware was the song I liked and loved his Christmas specials on BBC1 at lunch time on Christmas eve.

Another clever lad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024