Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone summarise 00:29 - Dec 14 with 2351 viewsMrSwerve

Was out for my Xmas meal tonight so haven't seen the game but know the result...

1) did we have a go or sit back the whole game?
2) was Clem negative with tactics?
3) were City just far too good for us?
4) could we string any passes together?
5) can we take our performance as a 'positive'?

Thanks in advance.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Can someone summarise on 00:34 - Dec 14 with 2338 viewsPozuelosSideys

We got cut to pieces. Made mistakes. Generally cowered in the corner.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Can someone summarise on 00:36 - Dec 14 with 2333 viewsheadcleaner

No positives apart from bony looked stronger. We kept shape but didn't break a sweat it was like a training exercise for man city. Not sure any of our players got touch tight and gave Silva and co as much time as they wanted and let them play around and through us at will.

Clement seems bullet proof and his post match take sounded like a lost little boy who is realising he is well out of his depth (tactically) not sure he could identify a decent player even if the chairman let him buy a player he wanted
Can someone summarise on 00:42 - Dec 14 with 2317 viewslifelong

A reasonable first 20 minutes and contained them fairly well but created very little, after they scored the first they just walked all over us. At one point in the second half it became embarrassing to watch, they must have strung together over 30 passes which just looked like a training excercise for them.
Can someone summarise on 05:37 - Dec 14 with 2228 viewsWhiterockin

We were taken apart by probably the best team to grace the Premier League since we have been there.
Can someone summarise on 07:11 - Dec 14 with 2179 viewsjack247

1. We had a little burst just after half time and another when we were 3-0 down
2. He just set up as if we were playing West Brom. Silva in particular was allowed to do what he liked.
3. Yes - whatever I think of Clement, you could probably have swapped managers and they still would have beaten us. Their players are on a different level.
4. Not really. They were very good at harrying our players in numbers and winning possession back when they lost it. We never really got gong.
5. No.
Can someone summarise on 07:11 - Dec 14 with 2179 viewsKilkennyjack

Can someone summarise on 00:42 - Dec 14 by lifelong

A reasonable first 20 minutes and contained them fairly well but created very little, after they scored the first they just walked all over us. At one point in the second half it became embarrassing to watch, they must have strung together over 30 passes which just looked like a training excercise for them.

Exactly.

We set up for a 0-0.
Once they scored we were done for.

Plan B is Tammy up with Wilf.

So does PC trust our players to play ?
Swans used to do this and its the best form of defence.
We do not keep it now, even our wingers played like midfield full backs.

Or we could have gone touch tight man for man and tried to stop them passing with ease.
We stood off and let them pass and pass.

Fab made great saves.

Clemo must go.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2017 7:12]

Beware of the Risen People

Can someone summarise on 07:26 - Dec 14 with 2136 viewsgetcarter

Beaten by the best premiership side ever, move on
Can someone summarise on 08:02 - Dec 14 with 2046 viewscmajack

Can someone summarise on 07:26 - Dec 14 by getcarter

Beaten by the best premiership side ever, move on

Embarrassed by one of the best premier league teams ever. At least Southampton, West ham and Huddersfield all gave them a game. We allowed them to have what was nothing more than a training exercise, and this coming after a difficult Manchester derby for them . Gutless performance from us.
Login to get fewer ads

Can someone summarise on 08:14 - Dec 14 with 2009 views34dfgdf54

1) We let them have the ball, and tried catching on the break in the first half, problem was, we have zero pace to hurt teams this way.

2) No more so than he has done all season. Same old.

3) Yes, class side, David Silva is the best player I have ever seen live in a Premier League game. Unreal.

4) Our lot not good enough on the ball. Don't like to be too critical on the players against a team like City, but Ayew was awful and Carroll was his usual self, no where near good enough and goes hiding. Give Clucas a run of games instead of him.

5) Not really in my opinion.
Can someone summarise on 08:46 - Dec 14 with 1957 viewsSoberBaker

If we'd played our best PL team (Michu et al) on top form with Rodgers at the helm we may have nicked a goal making it 1-4.

The denims are a joy to watch to be fair.

AMOW

Can someone summarise on 08:49 - Dec 14 with 1948 viewsnantywatcher

Can someone summarise on 07:11 - Dec 14 by jack247

1. We had a little burst just after half time and another when we were 3-0 down
2. He just set up as if we were playing West Brom. Silva in particular was allowed to do what he liked.
3. Yes - whatever I think of Clement, you could probably have swapped managers and they still would have beaten us. Their players are on a different level.
4. Not really. They were very good at harrying our players in numbers and winning possession back when they lost it. We never really got gong.
5. No.

Agree with everything there except 3)
The team selection, set up and tactical instructions from our coach set us up for a drubbing. Recently teams with squads no better than ours have been set up to provide Man City with a difficult ninety minutes. PC handed them 3 points on a plate.
You only have to look at Everton (oh lordy our next opposition!) to see what a decent coach can achieve. PC should have gone a month ago.
Can someone summarise on 08:58 - Dec 14 with 1933 viewsawayjack

City are very good but most other teams compete and they've won last 4 games 2-1 often with late goals. We weren't even competitive, give them all the space they needed and didn't bother trying to tackle them. Our defence was shambolic. Fab made some good saves and with rhier donajjace could have been 6-7 nil. Shows how far we have sunk and so many of our fans accept it.
Can someone summarise on 09:01 - Dec 14 with 1922 viewsnantywatcher

Can someone summarise on 08:58 - Dec 14 by awayjack

City are very good but most other teams compete and they've won last 4 games 2-1 often with late goals. We weren't even competitive, give them all the space they needed and didn't bother trying to tackle them. Our defence was shambolic. Fab made some good saves and with rhier donajjace could have been 6-7 nil. Shows how far we have sunk and so many of our fans accept it.

I'm chuffed they left Rhier Donajjace on the bench.
Can someone summarise on 09:09 - Dec 14 with 1905 viewsLandore_Jack

No passion. No fight. A bunch of spineless cowards.

#backtojack

Can someone summarise on 09:26 - Dec 14 with 1856 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I don't agree with the Man C being that good, when we play as we did last night we would make any team look good.
We sat back and marked spaces instead of men, we did not want to really tackle any of them when they were on the ball and never close enough to prevent them receiving a pass.
We invited them on and they came and we held out fro 20 minutes, but the end result was totally predictable.
Although Fab made some good saves he was also pretty poor with attempting to save the goals.
I really like Dyer, but he was a passenger last night.
After going 3 : 0 down Clement decided to change it up in the second half and we were actually quite competitive for spells as the stats suggest.
Possession MC 78% SCFC = 22%
Shots MC = 23 SCFC = 7
On Target MC = 10 SCFC = 3
How much of that competitiveness was down to Man C sitting back I am
Can someone summarise on 09:37 - Dec 14 with 1815 viewsPegojack

I agree with most if not all of the above.

Not being wise after the event here because I said it in the pre match thread, I think Clement should have set up 5-3-2 as at Wembley against Spurs. It would have made life more difficult for Citeh and had the added bonus of helping to get Fernandez back to match sharpness. I'd have played Tammy and Bony up from from the start. I know Tammy would have been living off crumbs, but at least he has the pace to unsettle City's sometimes dodgy defenders.

I have to say, though, that we gave them a really easy ride and the second half became totally embarrassing, a training exercise for Citeh, they hardly broke sweat.. There's very little leadership on the field for the Swans and no grit, no 'dog'. I wanted to see one of our players get a yellow card by crunching into someone from behind or taking their legs from under them, as when Aguero accelerated through three or four of our boys to score their fourth goal. Unchallenged. Why did nobody go to ground and take his legs, even if a card was the result? No bottle, no cojones.

As the saying goes, we were lucky to score nil. I'm not reading too much into this result as it was totally expected, but the manner of the beating doesn't bode well for the rest of the campaign.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2017 9:39]
Can someone summarise on 09:59 - Dec 14 with 1764 viewsjack247

Can someone summarise on 09:26 - Dec 14 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't agree with the Man C being that good, when we play as we did last night we would make any team look good.
We sat back and marked spaces instead of men, we did not want to really tackle any of them when they were on the ball and never close enough to prevent them receiving a pass.
We invited them on and they came and we held out fro 20 minutes, but the end result was totally predictable.
Although Fab made some good saves he was also pretty poor with attempting to save the goals.
I really like Dyer, but he was a passenger last night.
After going 3 : 0 down Clement decided to change it up in the second half and we were actually quite competitive for spells as the stats suggest.
Possession MC 78% SCFC = 22%
Shots MC = 23 SCFC = 7
On Target MC = 10 SCFC = 3
How much of that competitiveness was down to Man C sitting back I am

Man City really are that good. They’ve got 16 wins and a draw from 17 games. I know it finished 2-1, but they gave United a hiding at Old Trafford on the weekend.

Agree with the rest of what you said though. He set us up to surrender last night, we were never going to contain them playing like that. When we did try to counter attack, we did it without pace or numbers. Launching goal kicks to Bony for him to flick on to Dyer/Ayew far out from goal was akin to just giving them the ball back. That was the kind of setup that may just scrape you a narrow win against West Brom. If that’s all he’s got we need to move him on.
Can someone summarise on 12:23 - Dec 14 with 1655 viewsswan65split

Putting it bluntly , for a side at the bottom , with a duff Manager and Chairman..............................................................we got off lightly.
Can someone summarise on 12:54 - Dec 14 with 1613 viewsSwanjaxs

Where did you go for your meal? .... Anywhere nice?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Can someone summarise on 12:56 - Dec 14 with 1605 viewsSwanjaxs

Oh and Citeh will beat far better sides than us by four or more this season...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Can someone summarise on 13:27 - Dec 14 with 1549 viewsJoe_bradshaw

To summarise MrSwerve,

How dare you come on here and tell us you were out for a meal last night enjoying yourself while we all suffered in cold silence at the Library Stadium watching multi millionaires making mincemeat of millionaires.

Next time, everyone who was there last night should go out for a Christmas meal paid for by our millionaires while you watch another bunch of millionaires making mincemeat of our millionaires on your own.

We’ll all then come on here to tell you we had a splendid time and ask you to summarise the utter sh1te that you’ve been subjected to.

Looking forward to it enormously.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Can someone summarise on 15:18 - Dec 14 with 1430 viewsswanforthemoney

Can someone summarise on 09:01 - Dec 14 by nantywatcher

I'm chuffed they left Rhier Donajjace on the bench.

So were the commentators

I stand in the North Stand

Can someone summarise on 15:37 - Dec 14 with 1413 viewsPegojack

Can someone summarise on 15:18 - Dec 14 by swanforthemoney

So were the commentators

Huw's already told our scouts to check him out for a loan in January.
Can someone summarise on 21:39 - Dec 14 with 1320 viewsOldjack

1) did we have a go or sit back the whole game? I'll give you one guess
2) was Clem negative with tactics? I'll give you one guess
3) were City just far too good for us? By a country mile the best team in the league
4) could we string any passes together? I'll give you one guess
5) can we take our performance as a 'positive'? now that's just being silly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Can someone summarise on 21:52 - Dec 14 with 1297 viewsmax936

Can someone summarise on 21:39 - Dec 14 by Oldjack

1) did we have a go or sit back the whole game? I'll give you one guess
2) was Clem negative with tactics? I'll give you one guess
3) were City just far too good for us? By a country mile the best team in the league
4) could we string any passes together? I'll give you one guess
5) can we take our performance as a 'positive'? now that's just being silly

It wasn't fair sitting there watching them tear us to pieces with that bitter cold fuking wind blowing down the East stand from the South it was bastard freezing and moreso in that second half, I worked my bollocks off so that I could finish work in time to go and watch game to

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024