Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja Baston 11:23 - Jun 9 with 10073 viewsomarjack

So..What on earth are we supposed to do with this guy? I seem to have no clue.

1st of all he made it clear in an interview that he disliked the life in the UK. But you know, people change their minds all the time.

Many might argue that the PL is out of his depth and he'd be good in the Championship. But what about his La Liga record?

After a really successful campaign in La Liga before we bought him..he spent the season on loan at Malaga where he failed miserably,and suffered relegation. Despite being fit. He's only managed 20 appearances..scoring only 2 goals. He couldn't even cut it regularly at one of the worst sides in Spain in many years. That speaks volumes.

We bought him at around 15 m. Nowadays he'd sell for no more than 2 m..Writing him off completely would be costly for the club. Plus I'm not sure who would buy him considering he's been terrible in the last 2 seasons.

So what are we supposed to do with him? Count on him to cut it at a Championship level? I mean he's young,fit striker with a good injury record who at one point was valued at 18 m euros by Atletico Madrid. There is something in there.After all he scored very impressive 18 goals with Eibar in one season. He certainly has some sort of talent. Can Potter unearth that again?

Or what? loan him out until the end of his contract,Writing him off completely?

Where will he fit if we keep him? so many questions I seem to have no answer to.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 11:24]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Borja Baston on 11:26 - Jun 9 with 4653 viewswaynekerr55

Don't forget Omar that Huw Jenkins is the only person capable of doing the job for us. That's despite the likes of Borja becoming his MO now

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Borja Baston on 11:30 - Jun 9 with 4627 viewsNeath_Jack

Borja Baston on 11:26 - Jun 9 by waynekerr55

Don't forget Omar that Huw Jenkins is the only person capable of doing the job for us. That's despite the likes of Borja becoming his MO now

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Huw is the only person capable of doing a job for us, are they?

Do you have confidence in the Americans appointing a better person? Just answer that very question there please. I certainly don't have any confidence in them doing it.

And the above statement does not endorse me wanting Huw to stay either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Borja Baston on 11:32 - Jun 9 with 4616 viewsbuilthjack

Bring him back, let Potter decide if he wants him. If he does, keep him. If not, get rid.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Borja Baston on 11:32 - Jun 9 with 4614 viewspencoedjack

Let Potter have a look at him & make the call.
Borja Baston on 11:36 - Jun 9 with 4590 viewsomarjack

Borja Baston on 11:30 - Jun 9 by Neath_Jack

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Huw is the only person capable of doing a job for us, are they?

Do you have confidence in the Americans appointing a better person? Just answer that very question there please. I certainly don't have any confidence in them doing it.

I'm one of Huw's biggest opponents..But f*ck me if you're not 100% right..

Sometimes, What we know is better than what we don't know.

The Americans are so dense and oblivious they'd probably hire an even more incompetent DoF..Probably imported from one of their failed projects in the US. That knows jack-sh!t about "Soccer".

I might be crazy..But right now..sticking with awful Jenkins is better than counting on these 2 idiots in charge to get a proper replacement.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 11:36]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Borja Baston on 11:37 - Jun 9 with 4569 viewsKilkennyjack

Wages will be huge. He must go.

Beware of the Risen People

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:44 - Jun 9 with 4546 viewsjack247

Edit- timed out

Depressingly, you are probably right. Huw and the gang have sold a controlling stake in the club to a hedge fund who you wouldn’t even trust to replace an incompetent DOF. Not taking away from what he achieved in the past, but he’s been a liability for a couple of seasons.

You’d expect any decent owners would be able to improve on him quite easily, especially given his reputed salary, but I’m not sure I’d trust the guys who sacked Guidolin to bring Bob Bradley in even to do that.

From his own point of view, he has played a blinder by selling to such shit owners.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 11:50]
Borja Baston on 11:48 - Jun 9 with 4517 viewspencoedjack

Borja Baston on 11:37 - Jun 9 by Kilkennyjack

Wages will be huge. He must go.

Depends how much we can flog him for.

As someone has stated there’s a decent player in there.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja Baston on 11:56 - Jun 9 with 4478 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 11:48 - Jun 9 by pencoedjack

Depends how much we can flog him for.

As someone has stated there’s a decent player in there.

If Potter intends playing a style that allows a lot of movement with fluid positions that doesn’t require the striker to compete physically, then bring him back. We aren’t going to get much for him after one excellent season followed by two abject ones. He’d probably have looked much better in a Rodgers or Laudrup team.

If we are going to play with a lone target man , just do whatever it takes to get him off the books.
Borja Baston on 12:20 - Jun 9 with 4399 viewsSwanjaxs

Borja Baston disliking life in the UK is irrelevant.... he's fackin useless 👍
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 12:21]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Borja Baston on 12:51 - Jun 9 with 4262 viewstrinityann

Borja Baston on 12:20 - Jun 9 by Swanjaxs

Borja Baston disliking life in the UK is irrelevant.... he's fackin useless 👍
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 12:21]

He might will be crap, but he didn't have a decent run of games first time round. He is a poacher type striker so sevice is key, plus he might need another striker with him.
Borja Baston on 12:56 - Jun 9 with 4244 viewsSwanjaxs

Borja Baston on 12:51 - Jun 9 by trinityann

He might will be crap, but he didn't have a decent run of games first time round. He is a poacher type striker so sevice is key, plus he might need another striker with him.

Used mostly as a bench player for a Malaga side described as one of the poorest La Liga sides in recent history, didn't even make the bench for the final game, nah leave him where he is.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Borja Baston on 13:02 - Jun 9 with 4208 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 12:56 - Jun 9 by Swanjaxs

Used mostly as a bench player for a Malaga side described as one of the poorest La Liga sides in recent history, didn't even make the bench for the final game, nah leave him where he is.

He’s just a wimp (by centre forward standards) he was never going to do much when we played him as if he was Llorente.

If we do get back to fluid attacking football he will probably be ok. If not, ship him out, he’s just going to get bullied.
Borja Baston on 13:11 - Jun 9 with 4160 viewsSwanjaxs

Borja Baston on 13:02 - Jun 9 by jack247

He’s just a wimp (by centre forward standards) he was never going to do much when we played him as if he was Llorente.

If we do get back to fluid attacking football he will probably be ok. If not, ship him out, he’s just going to get bullied.

He's already put it out there he doesn't fancy coming back, cut him loose and get someone in who wants to play for his place in the team, the first couple of months are going to be crucial so no need for a sulky, unmotivated journeyman, lets at least try to hit the ground running

Borja Baston on 13:43 - Jun 9 with 4036 viewswaynekerr55

Well they'd do well to find anyone worse than his recent performance, don't you think Neathie?

And, yes, I do have doubts but their whole investment arguably rests on the next couple of years. They simply have to get it right

Borja Baston on 13:44 - Jun 9 with 4027 viewsSwan91

Don't think his wages will be huge, so might aswell give him one more season with the new manager, if he is good in the system we can keep him or sell him for more than he is worth now... and if he is still bad.. well we can sell him for about the same as now.
Borja Baston on 13:45 - Jun 9 with 4016 viewswaynekerr55

And to add to my last post, yes there are a vocal minority who are advocating his stay.

Stick with erratic (at best) DoF or roll the dice. Einstein and Lunacy springs to mind if we keep him

Borja Baston on 13:49 - Jun 9 with 4003 viewsswans11

we can start by playing him upfront seem to remember even in the few starts he made some was as a right winger don't know what bob was doing
Borja Baston on 13:51 - Jun 9 with 3994 viewsMattG

Borja Baston on 13:45 - Jun 9 by waynekerr55

And to add to my last post, yes there are a vocal minority who are advocating his stay.

Stick with erratic (at best) DoF or roll the dice. Einstein and Lunacy springs to mind if we keep him

One thing we could hope is that maybe, for Jenkins as for many of our players, Championship is his level. Just a thought.
Borja Baston on 14:06 - Jun 9 with 3934 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 13:44 - Jun 9 by Swan91

Don't think his wages will be huge, so might aswell give him one more season with the new manager, if he is good in the system we can keep him or sell him for more than he is worth now... and if he is still bad.. well we can sell him for about the same as now.

He was our record signing at the time. His wages will be far more than he merits
Borja Baston on 14:06 - Jun 9 with 3932 viewsmoonie

I'm an idealist which means disposing of Routledge ,Dyer,Baston,Bony and starting from scratch

It's not an ideal world though
Borja Baston on 14:33 - Jun 9 with 3854 viewsmajorraglan

Borja Baston on 13:44 - Jun 9 by Swan91

Agreed. Outside of the top clubs, the wages in La Liga are considerably lower than the PL. just because he was a really expensive signing doesn’t necessarily mean he is on stellar bucks. I would think his market value is currently very low and Swansea would take a huge hit if he was sold on. He must have something going for him as Atlético Madrid were reluctant sellers. My personal view is that he should be given a chance this year under Potter. Tammy scored a hatful in Bristol but struggled last year in a poor team, he hasn’t been written off though and has shown he can score with the right players around him and in the right system.

All this said, it does beg the question as to why he was signed.
Borja Baston on 14:36 - Jun 9 with 3842 viewsjasper_T

Baston/'Burnie dream team up front. Nailed on for promotion.
Borja Baston on 14:39 - Jun 9 with 3837 viewsParsSwans

Really want this guy to shove it down all the haters and doubters throats and bang in a barrow load next season was one of the brightest young strikers in Spain when he came to us and we played with one man up front didn’t suit him at all. Put him and a fit Bony/replacement big man up front next season and they will be a real handful. Was handed 5 starts in his first season two of them he was played on the wing. Andre Ayew gets half a season back in his second stint was honking but Baston is deemed useless after getting a fraction of the time on pitch. I say give him a go.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 14:41]
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:24 - Jun 9 with 3740 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 14:39 - Jun 9 by ParsSwans

Really want this guy to shove it down all the haters and doubters throats and bang in a barrow load next season was one of the brightest young strikers in Spain when he came to us and we played with one man up front didn’t suit him at all. Put him and a fit Bony/replacement big man up front next season and they will be a real handful. Was handed 5 starts in his first season two of them he was played on the wing. Andre Ayew gets half a season back in his second stint was honking but Baston is deemed useless after getting a fraction of the time on pitch. I say give him a go.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 14:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024