Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader 00:12 - Aug 20 with 8818 viewsDarran

It has been almost two weeks since I was voted back in as Chair of the Swans Trust and I have to say that the two weeks have flown by in a flurry of activity not just for me but from the board at large.

One of the commitments that I made to the board when I was elected as Chair this time was that I would ensure that our communication increased — or should I say continues to increase as it has stepped up quite a bit over the past six months thanks to some excellent work from board members.

Clearly much of the focus of the Trust board at the moment is the continuation of the mediation process that kicked off back in May. It has been the advice of the legal advisors that we say little about this in the public domain at the moment, but I can assure all members that this is a big focus for us as a board and a fuller update will be provided soon. As I said I cannot give much away but there are some key dates in this process and some of these are looming large on the horizon which means that updates have to be provided as they pass, and the mediation takes the course that it needs to follow. Sorry if some of that sounds a little vague but I want to change this in the near future, just as soon as we are able to.

Elsewhere of course we have had to face up to the very relevant concerns of all fans around the club’s activity in the transfer window. We issued a statement that I hope everyone saw around this and have requested answers from the club’s majority owners which relate to the concerns being raised by everyone around the club’s finances and budgets. Whilst as an organisation we expect most accept that belts had to be tightened following relegation it does feel like we have taken that tightening too far and at the expense of the depth of the squad. It may be when these answers come back that we are not able to share them chapter and verse (due to confidentiality constraints) but I want everyone to be assured that the right questions are being asked in line with the concerns that have rightfully been raised. I would also add here that we have placed some deadlines on the owners for answers which is important to ensure that answers are forthcoming.

On the subject of the club we have also asked — through our Supporter Director — to obtain a page in the match-day programme. This is part of our aim to increase communication and whilst we wait for an answer we see no reason why the representatives of the supporters should not be granted this so watch this space. Whilst programme sales are nowhere near as high as maybe they used to be this is part of our programme to increase communications with members (and by default non-members as well) so that people get a greater understanding of what we are doing.

On another front I have been pleased to see positive feedback coming from many people renewing their memberships but also people coming back and becoming members again, maybe after a time where they have not been members. I would urge everyone who is not a member to consider becoming one particularly as I see some level of consultation process coming up and the only way to get your view counted is to actually be a member, so you have that all important vote. I do understand why people are reluctant to become members, but I hope that through communications like this and strong election statements that you will consider joining and supporting us as we try and progress as an organisation.

One of the things that we have been criticised for in the past has been Trust board members taking seats in the directors’ box on a matchday. This has been the subject of a wide discussion as a board and for now the majority (but by no means unanimous) view of the Trust board is that we should continue to take up our right to be represented. Stuart — as our Supporter Director — remains a director of the football club and should have his presence there with maybe 1 or 2 further Trust board members for support. It is up to every board member as individuals if they wish to attend when the opportunity arises, but it is important to stress that this continued presence is the majority view of the board at the moment but will be continually reviewed.

I mentioned Stuart above and I — and he — are aware of criticism over how we need to raise his profile. He is in agreement with me that this needs to happen and we will be working together to make sure that this happens. One of the things that we are looking at first is an online Q&A where he will take questions and answer them to the best of his ability. This will be a good session to undertake and whilst we won’t be aiming to hide behind ‘confidentiality’ rules I would ask people to understand that we cannot make public every little detail of the football club, the balance here is very difficult to achieve, but I hope that you see this to be a step in the right direction. In addition to the session with Stuart, there are plans for me to do one as Chair and then make these a more regular process stretching to other board members as another way of keeping members informed and having a greater understanding of the board.

Our next board meeting is scheduled for 3rd September at which I hope that we can get further clarity on the focus of the various sub groups that work within the Trust board. In particular I am excited to see some of the ideas that the communications and membership sub groups can come up with as these are both big focus areas for us.

Finally, for this update, there plans afoot to hold a member’s forum in the near future — provisionally we are looking at early September but this is a date to be confirmed but as soon as we know for certain we will let you know.

So anyway, that is the first of the regular Chairman’s Updates giving you updates on what we are working on and how things are progressing within the Trust. As ever I am keen to hear from members and non-members alike in terms of what you maybe have questions on or things you would like to hear updates about. I will reply to all e-mails just allow me some time to fit them in around all different commitments as well.

Phil Sumbler
Chairman, Swansea City Supporters Trust

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 00:14 - Aug 20 with 5935 viewsDarran

Stuart does not need to be in the Directors Box.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 01:50 - Aug 20 with 5869 viewsDJack

Thank you Phil for this communique and thank you Darran for putting it up here...butI will note that as it is devoid of a "personal" message from Stu it appears to me that he is a dead duck.

He still appears to be a titular head either unable or unwilling to get out there to his members and even more importantly his "future members". Obviously my thoughts must be tempered with the ideal of giving Stu a chance...he needs to grab it with both hands and VERY SOON!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 05:52 - Aug 20 with 5765 viewsE20Jack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 00:14 - Aug 20 by Darran

The Trust director absolutely should be there.

It should be not shared out like some sort of perk though. But representation there has more benefits than negatives.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 06:51 - Aug 20 with 5740 viewsbermudajack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 05:52 - Aug 20 by E20Jack

It should be not shared out like some sort of perk though. But representation there has more benefits than negatives.

Benefits ? Such as?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 07:01 - Aug 20 with 5707 viewsE20Jack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 06:51 - Aug 20 by bermudajack

Benefits ? Such as?

Meeting guests being invited there and gauging the reasoning for their presence.

On one hand you can't complain that the Trust knew nothing of the takeover and then wanting them out of the directors box where prospective buyers will no doubt be invited to at some point.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 08:54 - Aug 20 with 5534 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 00:14 - Aug 20 by Darran

I think there is value in the Trust Director being close to those in the Directors box, anything the Trust can do to remind others of its presence and any opportunty to glean information from guests in the box etc. Must be taken.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:16 - Aug 20 with 5396 viewsE20Jack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 08:54 - Aug 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

I think there is value in the Trust Director being close to those in the Directors box, anything the Trust can do to remind others of its presence and any opportunty to glean information from guests in the box etc. Must be taken.

They are the second largest shareholder, if they act like an irrelevance (and to me, not using their right to a seat in the directors box screams that) then they will more than likely be treated as such - even more so than they already are.

I understand they want to be transparent and inclusive but even debating that seems weird. Why on earth would you want to give up your right as shareholders with a directorship? Wasn’t there a problem with the old guard not seeing the Trust as a proper shareholder and just custodians of lots of minority shareholders? Seems counter intuitive to make that even more apparent.

If they count themselves as the second major shareholder then bloody act like it.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:27 - Aug 20 with 5367 viewsjack_lord

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:16 - Aug 20 by E20Jack

They are the second largest shareholder, if they act like an irrelevance (and to me, not using their right to a seat in the directors box screams that) then they will more than likely be treated as such - even more so than they already are.

I understand they want to be transparent and inclusive but even debating that seems weird. Why on earth would you want to give up your right as shareholders with a directorship? Wasn’t there a problem with the old guard not seeing the Trust as a proper shareholder and just custodians of lots of minority shareholders? Seems counter intuitive to make that even more apparent.

If they count themselves as the second major shareholder then bloody act like it.

I think the trust should use the entitlement to be in the Directors box. I also think that members of the trust could be drawn, by a lottery, to sit with the Trust director/Chair on matchdays.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:29 - Aug 20 with 5359 viewsbuilthjack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:27 - Aug 20 by jack_lord

I think the trust should use the entitlement to be in the Directors box. I also think that members of the trust could be drawn, by a lottery, to sit with the Trust director/Chair on matchdays.

They should also wear nice polo shirts with SCST WE OWN 21% on them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:41 - Aug 20 with 5313 viewsE20Jack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:27 - Aug 20 by jack_lord

God I hope that is a joke. However I fear it is not.

The sooner people stop taking this shareholding as some sort of perk the better. It’s serious business worth millions of pounds not some raffle and a fun day out. The Director should be there in a strictly business capacity with the sole purpose of representing the shareholding.

I have never met Stuart but should his communication be as it is to the members and wider fanbase then the only question mark surrounding it is whether he should be the one to represent them. It should be an opportunity to observe and network.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:42 - Aug 20 with 5317 viewsJinxy

I think the trust supporter's director, or a trust board deputy, should 100% be there. It's important, for the reasons others have said on this thread. I'm not sure about the drawing of lots though, unless the loser has to attend maybe?!! If lots are drawn to the wider membership, it almost implies it's a perk.

Whoever deputises or assists should be all eyes/ears etc., as well as cheering the swans on of course. My understanding is that Stu would prefer to sit in his usual seat, but it's a dirty job and all that.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:04 - Aug 20 with 5264 views34dfgdf54

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:41 - Aug 20 by E20Jack

God I hope that is a joke. However I fear it is not.

The sooner people stop taking this shareholding as some sort of perk the better. It’s serious business worth millions of pounds not some raffle and a fun day out. The Director should be there in a strictly business capacity with the sole purpose of representing the shareholding.

I have never met Stuart but should his communication be as it is to the members and wider fanbase then the only question mark surrounding it is whether he should be the one to represent them. It should be an opportunity to observe and network.

Agree.

I'm all for having someone there, not sure it should be Stuart though with all due respect.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:05 - Aug 20 with 5257 viewsAngelRangelQS

I find it astonishing that the Supporters Director refuses to post on the busiest Swans forum.

I appreciate that he may take a bit of flak but that's an occupational hazard. At least if he had some sort of presence he'd get some respect from the fans.

Or does he just want to sit in the directors box, take all the perks and have none of the drawbacks?
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:29 - Aug 20 with 5202 viewsDarran

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:05 - Aug 20 by AngelRangelQS

I find it astonishing that the Supporters Director refuses to post on the busiest Swans forum.

I appreciate that he may take a bit of flak but that's an occupational hazard. At least if he had some sort of presence he'd get some respect from the fans.

Or does he just want to sit in the directors box, take all the perks and have none of the drawbacks?

He’s never going to gain anything from sitting in the Directors Box regardless of what anyone says.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:31 - Aug 20 with 5186 viewsE20Jack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:42 - Aug 20 by Jinxy

I think the trust supporter's director, or a trust board deputy, should 100% be there. It's important, for the reasons others have said on this thread. I'm not sure about the drawing of lots though, unless the loser has to attend maybe?!! If lots are drawn to the wider membership, it almost implies it's a perk.

Whoever deputises or assists should be all eyes/ears etc., as well as cheering the swans on of course. My understanding is that Stu would prefer to sit in his usual seat, but it's a dirty job and all that.

Yep.

Utter nonsense to suggest they shouldn’t.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 12:33 - Aug 20 with 5118 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The trust director should be there every time and should be reminding everybody else there at every opportunity that he/she represents the supporters who own 21%of the football club until they're tired of hearing it.

Then he should remind them again.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:03 - Aug 20 with 5067 viewsmonmouth

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 05:52 - Aug 20 by E20Jack

I'd agree 1000% if it were a member of the awkward squad that knows how to really handle a non executive role at that level ie Lisa or similar. Stu* the silent nodding dog giving legitimacy to the owners by his very presence?. No ta.

But in principle yes.

*It might be argued he doesn't do that. Prove it then Stu. The Trust has been treated with contempt during your tenure. What exactly have you and the other Trust attendees been doing with your place in the box? Smiling and laughing with them in a very pally way I was told by someone sitting with a view.

If any of you on the Board think you're going to be allowed a free lunch jolly without being accountable to justify what it achieved, then I hope our 'new' brooms on the Board will encourage you to think again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:06 - Aug 20 with 5059 viewsNeath_Jack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:05 - Aug 20 by AngelRangelQS

He'd get eaten alive on here

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:13 - Aug 20 with 5040 viewsDarran

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:03 - Aug 20 by monmouth

I'd agree 1000% if it were a member of the awkward squad that knows how to really handle a non executive role at that level ie Lisa or similar. Stu* the silent nodding dog giving legitimacy to the owners by his very presence?. No ta.

But in principle yes.

*It might be argued he doesn't do that. Prove it then Stu. The Trust has been treated with contempt during your tenure. What exactly have you and the other Trust attendees been doing with your place in the box? Smiling and laughing with them in a very pally way I was told by someone sitting with a view.

If any of you on the Board think you're going to be allowed a free lunch jolly without being accountable to justify what it achieved, then I hope our 'new' brooms on the Board will encourage you to think again.

Innit? I have no idea what this eyes and ears is supposed to achieve either.
The previous SD was travelling to away games with the chairman of the football club when the sneaky fuçk was brokering the biggest deal in the history of the club behind his back.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:24 - Aug 20 with 4994 viewsWatchman

Spot On

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:24 - Aug 20 with 4990 viewsWatchman

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 08:54 - Aug 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yep again Spot On

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:25 - Aug 20 with 4988 viewsWatchman

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 10:16 - Aug 20 by E20Jack

Preach Brother

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:27 - Aug 20 with 4979 viewsWatchman

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 12:33 - Aug 20 by Joe_bradshaw

The trust director should be there every time and should be reminding everybody else there at every opportunity that he/she represents the supporters who own 21%of the football club until they're tired of hearing it.

Then he should remind them again.

yes again any time anyone undermines, devalues belittles the supporters ( through the Trust) they need to be reminded very loudly of the truth and if that embarrasses them then tuff titties

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 14:10 - Aug 20 with 4907 viewsHighjack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:29 - Aug 20 by Darran

He’s never going to gain anything from sitting in the Directors Box regardless of what anyone says.

Apart from free food, drinks and other perks you’re right he won’t gain anything.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 15:00 - Aug 20 with 4845 viewsDarran

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 14:10 - Aug 20 by Highjack

Apart from free food, drinks and other perks you’re right he won’t gain anything.

Well yes there is that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024