Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter Wars 14:24 - Aug 24 with 4097 viewsjackharris

I have nothing against anyone who supports Swansea City. I do not care what country they are from. The more the merrier. I know Jacks who have moved to various countries such as New Zealand, Canada, The States, etc they have taken their love of the Swans with them and infected the people around them. The supporters from the States are completely different to the current owners they just share the country where they are from.

There are fans who identified with our style of play in the early days of the Premier League and the enhanced coverage on network TV and we became their team too. These people are true fans, they love the club just the same. They are not plastics, I see a plastic such as a Londoner who supports Man Utd, for example. With absolutely no ties or connections and plenty of teams on their doorstep.

What do people make of this...

I see no harm in them, I actually like having these guys along for the ride. The badges identify them to be the American Supporters of our beloved club! We became multinational and everyone is welcome. Except any rip off merchants like the charlatans currently in charge, they as individuals are arseholes to say it lightly.
They shouldn’t be mixed up with out true Supporting brothers and sisters from America.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Twitter Wars on 14:29 - Aug 24 with 3344 viewsProfessor

Well said. It's so easy to support he big team. Kudos to these guys for identifying with the club for whatever reason. As you say not like a glory-hunter fan.
Twitter Wars on 14:31 - Aug 24 with 3321 viewsDarran

It’s Chilly,ignore him.

Mind you if they’re making badges for American fans you have to wonder where are the badges for other countries.

I’ve said my bit in the past on the American fans,everyone is welcome to support the club but most of them talk absolute Bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Twitter Wars on 14:36 - Aug 24 with 3305 viewsKrisP

Twitter Wars on 14:31 - Aug 24 by Darran

It’s Chilly,ignore him.

Mind you if they’re making badges for American fans you have to wonder where are the badges for other countries.

I’ve said my bit in the past on the American fans,everyone is welcome to support the club but most of them talk absolute Bollox.

Most of our fans talk bollocks. Fit right in.
Twitter Wars on 14:37 - Aug 24 with 3299 viewsjack247

I can sympathise with his view on that logo, it looks gaudy. It’s hardly as if we are being made to play in red though, it’s an irrelevant bit of merchandise. Having a crack at Americans for only supporting us since 2011 is stupid, there are plenty of more deserving people in Swansea you could level that accusation at.
Twitter Wars on 14:42 - Aug 24 with 3277 views34dfgdf54

That guy seems like a right c*ck.
Twitter Wars on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 3273 viewsBlasterJack

Ah, Twitter - giving cretins a chance to broadcast nonsense since 2006.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Twitter Wars on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 3270 viewsDarran

On a side note it makes me sick that no child can have a ‘replica’ shirt at any club in the Football League.

Twitter Wars on 15:24 - Aug 24 with 3102 views34dfgdf54

Twitter Wars on 14:43 - Aug 24 by Darran

On a side note it makes me sick that no child can have a ‘replica’ shirt at any club in the Football League.

Completely agree with that. It’s shocking.

Back to original OP. I despise it when people blame American fans for their gripes with the owner. It’s small minded as f*ck. I’ve had folks on here tell me I shouldn’t support the Swans as I’m not from the city.
Login to get fewer ads

Twitter Wars on 15:39 - Aug 24 with 3044 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Twitter Wars on 14:37 - Aug 24 by jack247

I can sympathise with his view on that logo, it looks gaudy. It’s hardly as if we are being made to play in red though, it’s an irrelevant bit of merchandise. Having a crack at Americans for only supporting us since 2011 is stupid, there are plenty of more deserving people in Swansea you could level that accusation at.

The club didn't design the logo though, that's our creation.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Twitter Wars on 16:17 - Aug 24 with 2951 viewsEasternJack

Twitter Wars on 14:42 - Aug 24 by 34dfgdf54

He seems to have the same social skills as the Res.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Twitter Wars on 16:26 - Aug 24 with 2914 viewsjack247

Twitter Wars on 15:39 - Aug 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

The club didn't design the logo though, that's our creation.

I’m not bothered who designed it or whether the club sell it or not. It’s not for me, but that’s just personal taste. What I don’t understand is the guy flipping his lid over it.
Twitter Wars on 16:32 - Aug 24 with 2895 viewsCaptain_Sham

He really isn't very chilled out at all. Maybe he needs a new handle.

Its just a ride.

Twitter Wars on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 2815 viewsProfessor

I don't often agree but you are spot on there.
Twitter Wars on 18:32 - Aug 24 with 2708 viewsHighjack

Yep he’s the spunk his mother should have swallowed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Twitter Wars on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 2656 viewsAguycalledJack

Why is that?
Twitter Wars on 18:49 - Aug 24 with 2642 viewsDarran

Twitter Wars on 18:43 - Aug 24 by AguycalledJack

Why is that?

Not allowed sleeve patches my Friend.

Twitter Wars on 20:38 - Aug 24 with 2502 viewsCatullus

Twitter Wars on 18:49 - Aug 24 by Darran

Not allowed sleeve patches my Friend.

To me, if you pick a team and stick with it that's ok. A plastic (again to me) is someone who claims to support a team when never going to a game or who changes teams every 2/3 seasons for a more successful club.
I had a friend who had (before we left school) "supported" several different teams including Newport County in 1981!! He was a regular at the Vetch though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Twitter Wars on 20:43 - Aug 24 with 2478 viewswindy_city_jack

Believe it or not, there are people who actually leave South Wales to go live in other areas...

Shocking I know.
Twitter Wars on 20:46 - Aug 24 with 2463 viewsBlasterJack

Twitter Wars on 20:43 - Aug 24 by windy_city_jack

Believe it or not, there are people who actually leave South Wales to go live in other areas...

Shocking I know.

Windy, any suggestions on where I can watch the Ipwich game on Oct 6th?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Twitter Wars on 21:11 - Aug 24 with 2396 viewsirishswan546

Twitter Wars on 20:38 - Aug 24 by Catullus

To me, if you pick a team and stick with it that's ok. A plastic (again to me) is someone who claims to support a team when never going to a game or who changes teams every 2/3 seasons for a more successful club.
I had a friend who had (before we left school) "supported" several different teams including Newport County in 1981!! He was a regular at the Vetch though.

I agree with some of your points but not everyone who supports only the swans either live in Swansea or can physically make to the games. You can support the team in other ways.
Twitter Wars on 00:14 - Aug 25 with 2206 viewsLoyal

Actually he isn't.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Twitter Wars on 00:16 - Aug 25 with 2200 viewsLoyal

Twitter Wars on 20:43 - Aug 24 by windy_city_jack

Shocking I know.

Met loads of swans fans not from Wales. To think we are all Welsh is very tardy on whoever.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Twitter Wars on 00:56 - Aug 25 with 2151 viewslonglostjack

This. It's just so wrong.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Twitter Wars on 03:41 - Aug 25 with 2060 viewsnyc_swans

i'm an american who has been supporting the club for a while now, but i find a lot of the noise i see on twitter to be really annoying. manufactured tribalism.

people taking on the affectations of longtime supporters. i mean, i don't want cardiff to win just like i don't want any other rival club to win, but i also don't feel the need to call them "scum" just to fit in. just see a lot of people trying too hard, trying to prove how authentic they are.... support them in your own way. nobody truly cares.

this twitter fan culture rubs me the wrong way.
Twitter Wars on 06:57 - Aug 25 with 1967 viewsicecoldjack

Shameful stuff . We need as many fans as possible, always have and always will, obviously some low IQ dickheads on tw@tter don't understand that, probably because they wern't around themselves when we had a hard core support of just 2,000 .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024