Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Narsingh.. 11:21 - May 28 with 5831 viewsomarjack

What's the story with Narsingh?

Should we keep him? Should we get rid of him? Would he be an asset for us in the Championship? Or will he fail? Would he even accept to stay with us if we wanted him to? And if he stays,would he expect a starting role?

It's been reported that Fenerbahce have a concrete interest,Although they apparently wanted him on loan in January with an option to buy. It still seems like they'd rather take him on loan,which is something we should never even consider. If our players leave,we should expect cash and not to pay a cent in wages any longer. (Sunderland did this and sent their players on loans like Lens,Khazri,Borini,Djilobodji and Ndong,leaving them with little cash to finance a new squad,And look where they are now)

To stay in topic,what do you think we should do with him? And if we sell,for how much?

Personally I have no clue,might be a good option on the bench but he sure as hell would rather play in one the best teams in Turkey than playing as a back up in the Championship.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 11:22]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Narsingh.. on 11:24 - May 28 with 4278 viewsAguycalledJack

Get rid, he’s crap. Take what we can get for him and sack whoever thought he was good enough.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 11:25]
Narsingh.. on 11:26 - May 28 with 4252 viewsoldcob

He has ability IMHO, but sadly lacks confidence. Maybe a season in the Championship would be the making of him.
Narsingh.. on 11:27 - May 28 with 4248 viewsJoshTheJack

I'd keep him,I think he'll be decent in the Championship plus we already have a lack of wingers we can't make this harder than it already is.Depends what him and his agent want though.
Narsingh.. on 11:28 - May 28 with 4246 viewsomarjack

Narsingh.. on 11:24 - May 28 by AguycalledJack

Get rid, he’s crap. Take what we can get for him and sack whoever thought he was good enough.

Yes he is crap,he couldn't even cut it in our sh!tty squad last season.

But the Championship is different and clearly a far worse league,he has pace at least which could be very effective in that league. Not to forget,if we sell him we'll have even a less experienced bench. Because it's not likely we'll replace him and we'd promote someone like Byers from the academy to fill in his shoes..now that doesn't sound like a bad idea in theory..but this is real life and not FIFA so I don't know about that.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 11:29]

Narsingh.. on 11:36 - May 28 with 4187 viewspencoedjack

As I posted when we signed him ....My PSV mate said he’s injury prone & pretty crap got it spot on

He was gutted when Arias was reported in NL press to be on the verge of signing for us.

Jenkins failed to get that deal over the line, Arias went onto be player of the season in a title winning side & is about to sign for Juve.

Pretty much sums up our transfer signings.
Narsingh.. on 11:40 - May 28 with 4175 viewsomarjack

Narsingh.. on 11:36 - May 28 by pencoedjack

As I posted when we signed him ....My PSV mate said he’s injury prone & pretty crap got it spot on

He was gutted when Arias was reported in NL press to be on the verge of signing for us.

Jenkins failed to get that deal over the line, Arias went onto be player of the season in a title winning side & is about to sign for Juve.

Pretty much sums up our transfer signings.

Arias is not going to Juve..they'll sign Darmian instead. (although this has nothing to do with the topic but I'm a bit uptight about things in general)

Narsingh.. on 12:14 - May 28 with 4092 viewsgiantstoneater

He only ever shows glimpses of what he can do lacks mental toughness and muscle. Problem is will we replace him with someone who is as good or better I doubt it. I think we would all like wholesale changes in a squad that was plainly well short of quality but how many changes can we get away with, if you change too many we will fall as Cusack found out. We need to sort out a new contract for Olly bring in someone who will help him up top and someone with creativity in midfield and a new right back - easier said than done especially with HJ pulling the strings.
Narsingh.. on 12:17 - May 28 with 4078 viewsRancid

Keep him.He may well shine in the championship as might a few of our underachievers.
Login to get fewer ads

Narsingh.. on 12:19 - May 28 with 4070 viewsjasper_T

Narsingh.. on 12:14 - May 28 by giantstoneater

He only ever shows glimpses of what he can do lacks mental toughness and muscle. Problem is will we replace him with someone who is as good or better I doubt it. I think we would all like wholesale changes in a squad that was plainly well short of quality but how many changes can we get away with, if you change too many we will fall as Cusack found out. We need to sort out a new contract for Olly bring in someone who will help him up top and someone with creativity in midfield and a new right back - easier said than done especially with HJ pulling the strings.

I don't think wholesale changes are a problem when you're shipping out peripheral figures that never contributed much even when they were in the side.

Might do a good job playing week in week out in the Championship, but I'd hardly miss him (or really notice he was gone).
Narsingh.. on 12:20 - May 28 with 4067 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Narsingh.. on 11:28 - May 28 by omarjack

But the Championship is different and clearly a far worse league,he has pace at least which could be very effective in that league. Not to forget,if we sell him we'll have even a less experienced bench. Because it's not likely we'll replace him and we'd promote someone like Byers from the academy to fill in his shoes..now that doesn't sound like a bad idea in theory..but this is real life and not FIFA so I don't know about that.

No we wouldn't replace him with Byers, who plays an attacking mid field role.
It would probably be Dan James, who is a quick winger who likes to attack the defence, the goal and will also provide assists.
Narsingh.. on 12:22 - May 28 with 4055 viewsomarjack

Narsingh.. on 12:19 - May 28 by jasper_T

I don't think wholesale changes are a problem when you're shipping out peripheral figures that never contributed much even when they were in the side.

Might do a good job playing week in week out in the Championship, but I'd hardly miss him (or really notice he was gone).

But at this rate,our squad will be very thin with most of the bench made of U21s and academy players,could be dangerous if we suffer some injuries or suspensions etc..we need some experience of some sort, And Narsingh fits the bill.

Narsingh.. on 12:24 - May 28 with 4043 viewsjasper_T

Narsingh.. on 12:22 - May 28 by omarjack

But at this rate,our squad will be very thin with most of the bench made of U21s and academy players,could be dangerous if we suffer some injuries or suspensions etc..we need some experience of some sort, And Narsingh fits the bill.

We've got Dyer and Routledge for experience. For good or ill there'll be no getting rid of them.
Narsingh.. on 18:25 - May 28 with 3672 viewsAguycalledJack

Narsingh.. on 11:28 - May 28 by omarjack

His Pace will be matched by pace, desire and defenders who won’t give a fook about leaving a bit on him in the opening exchanges in a Championship game. He won’t be any better than he was in the Premiere League.
Narsingh.. on 22:27 - May 29 with 3222 viewsTNT

Narsingh.. on 11:24 - May 28 by AguycalledJack

This.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Narsingh.. on 22:30 - May 29 with 3206 viewsjack2jack

In the right set up, given enough game time, I think he'll be ok imho.
Narsingh.. on 22:59 - May 29 with 3132 viewsLoyal

Narsingh.. on 12:24 - May 28 by jasper_T

We've got Dyer and Routledge for experience. For good or ill there'll be no getting rid of them.

They should be the first out the door.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Narsingh.. on 23:00 - May 29 with 3127 viewsdobjack2

Championship isn’t for the faint hearted and that’s what I think he is.
Narsingh.. on 13:30 - May 30 with 2835 viewsdameedna

1 or 2m will do. Imo.
Narsingh.. on 13:56 - May 30 with 2768 viewsJonathans_coat

Surely he’s worth a go in the Championship. Can’t be worse than Routledge.
Narsingh.. on 14:18 - May 30 with 2742 views34dfgdf54

I'd definitely be keeping Narsingh. He's pacy and direct, but lacks quality with the final ball. Not good enough to play consistently in the Premier League granted, but worth a go in the Championship.
Narsingh.. on 14:45 - May 30 with 2702 viewsBadlands

McBurnie has done well in the Championship as has Bartley and Abraham because they are good at that level but the gulf between the two leagues is vast and all flopped in the Premier League.
Narsingh, Naughton, Olson IMO fit into that same standard.
Keep.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Narsingh.. on 12:18 - May 31 with 2474 viewsdameedna

Of that list I would say Narsingh stands out. Naughton and Olsson are a long way short of flops. They were ever presents in a decent defence. I may concede Bartley and McBurnie but at least we know they can do a job in the championship. We dont know that about Narsingh. Naughton and Olsson will be fine if they stay.
Narsingh.. on 12:26 - May 31 with 2448 viewsmagicdaps10

I like Narsingh, direct and has pace. The problem here is that he has never had a run of games to be given a chance or even get his fitness up.
He obviously has something, he had a great assist record in Holland and a decent scoring record for a winger.
If he stays, I am confident if given a chance could suprise a few fans.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Narsingh.. on 20:51 - Aug 25 with 1821 viewsSwansea93

Off to AEK apparently

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Narsingh.. on 20:53 - Aug 25 with 1785 viewsLoyal

Narsingh.. on 20:51 - Aug 25 by Swansea93

Off to AEK apparently

I can see naughton going as well.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024