Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kasey Palmer - Aye 23:20 - Jan 3 with 4444 viewsSwans_16

Kasey Palmer looks like he’s making his way to join us on loan until the end of the season.

Any thoughts ?
Kasey Palmer - Aye on 23:55 - Jan 3 with 2988 viewsChief

Why are a team lower than us in the table (but not out of play off contention) lending us a player?

Alarm bells

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 00:54 - Jan 4 with 2879 viewsswan65split

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 23:55 - Jan 3 by Chief

Why are a team lower than us in the table (but not out of play off contention) lending us a player?

Alarm bells

why are we looking at a player from a team lower than us who cant get into their side ? and despite everything we are in the play offs? no ambition. no ineterst, no money , no hope
Kasey Palmer - Aye on 01:10 - Jan 4 with 2855 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 23:55 - Jan 3 by Chief

Alarm bells

Why alarm bells? We were after him preseason.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 01:14 - Jan 4 with 2849 viewslonglostjack

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 01:10 - Jan 4 by jackrmee

That’s all right then. 🤔

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 01:46 - Jan 4 with 2818 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 01:14 - Jan 4 by longlostjack

That’s all right then. 🤔

What do you mean? What's alright then?

I was asking a question that's all. Wondered why there's alarm bells.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 02:33 - Jan 4 with 2789 viewsswan65split

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 01:10 - Jan 4 by jackrmee

why are we looking at a player from a team lower than us who cant get into their side ? and despite everything we are in the play offs? no ambition. no interest, no money , no hope
Kasey Palmer - Aye on 02:35 - Jan 4 with 2789 viewsCooperman

To anyone who wants to add a negative slant to this even before he signs - when we were a club on the up it was a regular occurrence for us to sign relative unknown’s or players from lesser teams; I give you Angel Rangel as exhibit A.

At that time it was deemed a positive so why should a signing like Kasey Palmer now be met with any negativity? It’s as much about how we handle the player as it is the player himself so let’s give him half a chance, eh?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 07:05 - Jan 4 with 2678 viewspencoedjack

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 02:35 - Jan 4 by Cooperman

To anyone who wants to add a negative slant to this even before he signs - when we were a club on the up it was a regular occurrence for us to sign relative unknown’s or players from lesser teams; I give you Angel Rangel as exhibit A.

At that time it was deemed a positive so why should a signing like Kasey Palmer now be met with any negativity? It’s as much about how we handle the player as it is the player himself so let’s give him half a chance, eh?

Indeed

The other thread about how shite the highly rated PL striker we signed on loan says it all.

Some players just fit at a club.

6th in the league & the amount of whinging on this site is unbelievable.... I doubt many were about when we were really shite in the lower leagues.
Login to get fewer ads

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 07:21 - Jan 4 with 2655 viewsTimTtam

Not sure where he'll play. Some say he's a no.10 (doesn't exist in a 4-3-3 formation), some say he's a winger, and others say he's a midfielder.

It sounds like he's been inconsistent at Bristol, and now the manager wants him out. Perhaps Bristol was just the wrong team for him.

I'd want a strong midfielder personally, but if he's all we can get in terms of signings, I'll take it.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 07:53 - Jan 4 with 2612 viewsThornburyswan

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 07:21 - Jan 4 by TimTtam

Not sure where he'll play. Some say he's a no.10 (doesn't exist in a 4-3-3 formation), some say he's a winger, and others say he's a midfielder.

It sounds like he's been inconsistent at Bristol, and now the manager wants him out. Perhaps Bristol was just the wrong team for him.

I'd want a strong midfielder personally, but if he's all we can get in terms of signings, I'll take it.

Having chatted to a few Bristol city fans - I live that side of the bridge - they see Palmer as an attacking midfielder/‘10’ but Lee Johnson’s current formation plays two holders & two wider players so he tends to get cameos from the bench.

Some are frustrated that he hasn’t got more chances others still say he’s too inconsistent & doesn’t track back.

Whilst Cooper clearly knows him I would have preferred to see us linked to a more box to box player . . . . unless of course Celina is offski.
Kasey Palmer - Aye on 07:53 - Jan 4 with 2612 viewsjack247

I’m more concerned about the type of player he is than his pedigree or where he is coming from. I think he was highly rated at Chelsea anyway.

If there is money to bring loans in, we are crying out for a physical defensive or box to box midfielder, not another flair player.
Kasey Palmer - Aye on 08:13 - Jan 4 with 2575 viewsjackrmee

Exactly.
We have already been chasing him. He recently moved for multi-mllions. It hasn't worked out. Perfect for us by the sound of it.
If Coops can manage him (if Palmer has issues) he could be a great signing.

How any signing of a promising player can be bad I don't know.
We are in the shit. I didn't think we would get any signings at all, so any new numbers through the door the better IMO.

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 08:18 - Jan 4 with 2561 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 07:21 - Jan 4 by TimTtam

Yep, we all want the perfect player in this window, but beggars can't be choosers init. I can think of plenty of worse signings than Kasey Palmer.

Like you said, it hasn't worked out for him at Bristol, but we don't know why that is. No-one has said it's because he's not good enough. Rumours are rife about fall-outs etc. If Coops is truly the genius with young players that we've been led to believe at the start of the season, he could make him into a star.

Maybe. maybe not, but why not even give that a chance?
Why would people say no to signing such a player, especially when we were unlikely to sign anyone in the first place?

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 08:20 - Jan 4 with 2557 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 07:53 - Jan 4 by Thornburyswan

Having chatted to a few Bristol city fans - I live that side of the bridge - they see Palmer as an attacking midfielder/‘10’ but Lee Johnson’s current formation plays two holders & two wider players so he tends to get cameos from the bench.

Some are frustrated that he hasn’t got more chances others still say he’s too inconsistent & doesn’t track back.

Whilst Cooper clearly knows him I would have preferred to see us linked to a more box to box player . . . . unless of course Celina is offski.

I agree with this too. I would prefer a solid, more defensive player, but still would be a good signing.

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 08:28 - Jan 4 with 2543 viewsChief

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 01:46 - Jan 4 by jackrmee

What do you mean? What's alright then?

I was asking a question that's all. Wondered why there's alarm bells.

I think you've missed the point - why would one of our divisional rivals decide to loan us a player?

Doesn't sound like he's taken to the championship well does it.

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 08:29 - Jan 4 with 2537 viewsChief

Players from Lesser sides who'd excelled at that level and deserved the chance to step up yes.

Also ones who played in positions we needed filling.

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 09:23 - Jan 4 with 2445 viewsoldcob

He's got to be better than what we have already. Maybe B.C. have a strong mid-field and can afford to let him go.
Kasey Palmer - Aye on 09:58 - Jan 4 with 2369 viewsChief

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 09:23 - Jan 4 by oldcob

He's got to be better than what we have already. Maybe B.C. have a strong mid-field and can afford to let him go.

Well they only signed him in the summer and haven't changed manager or anything so that suggests he's underperformed since joining them.

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:08 - Jan 4 with 2333 viewsraynor94

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 09:58 - Jan 4 by Chief

Well they only signed him in the summer and haven't changed manager or anything so that suggests he's underperformed since joining them.

Well if you read the otib forum, he's had a big fallout with Johnson, hence the lack of game time, and their fans are gutted at the thought of him coming here.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:10 - Jan 4 with 2310 viewsNeath_Jack

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 09:58 - Jan 4 by Chief

Or doesn't fit their system.

I wouldn't go for him personally as I don't think he is what we need.

If he is a number 10, then Cooper will probably play him on the wing anyway.

But let's not write him off because he is coming from a team below us.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:11 - Jan 4 with 2310 viewsNotLoyal

Hopefully for him his Mrs isn't the reason, destroyer of hundreds of promising careers is a Mrs with a personal agenda.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:19 - Jan 4 with 2290 viewsChief

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:10 - Jan 4 by Neath_Jack

Or doesn't fit their system.

I wouldn't go for him personally as I don't think he is what we need.

If he is a number 10, then Cooper will probably play him on the wing anyway.

But let's not write him off because he is coming from a team below us.

Agreed he may not fit their system, we've been guilty of doing similar many times in the past.

We're on a football forum discussing a potential transfer. 'writing him off' is irrelevant.

If he pulls on the white shirt of Swansea City he'll have my full backing.

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:59 - Jan 4 with 2209 viewsmonmouth

Didn't Sinclair fail in loads of dog teams before coming to us?

Sometimes you need someone to believe in you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 11:09 - Jan 4 with 2162 viewsthornabyswan

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:59 - Jan 4 by monmouth

Yes if we rule out players just because they are playing in a team lower than us in the league or because he is lacking a bit of confidence I give up.

If he was flying for Bristol we would not get a look in.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 11:14 - Jan 4 with 2144 viewsjasper_T

Kasey Palmer - Aye on 10:59 - Jan 4 by monmouth

He had quite a few short term loans as a teenager. Was 21 when he joined us.

Still only 30.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024