Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kamala Harris identity 17:18 - Nov 13 with 845 viewstrampie

Does Kamala Harris identify with a certain race or group of people ?
What race or group do Americans see Kamala Harris as belonging too ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Kamala Harris identity on 17:38 - Nov 13 with 562 viewsCountyJim

Trampie Biden pulled a master stroke selecting her

She's Black of indian decent a woman and her husbands Jewish

Think how many votes that brought in
Kamala Harris identity on 18:34 - Nov 13 with 542 viewsHighjack

She identifies with whatever group it is politically expedient to identify with in that given moment.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Kamala Harris identity on 18:41 - Nov 13 with 537 viewsDr_Winston

Americans have a weird relationship with ethnicity. They can't wait to tell you that "I'm a quarter Italian, two fifths French and 7/32 Inuit". I guess if you're from somewhere that describes itself as a melting pot it might be of importance, but perhaps because they put so much importance on it it becomes so rather than just irrelevance.

My Grandad was from Northampton. That's about as much as I know. About as much as I'm interested in knowing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kamala Harris identity on 18:55 - Nov 13 with 534 viewsFieryJack

"My Grandad was from Northampton."

No shame in that. My sister lives there, and I used to work there.

Worth a visit, though in fairness the pretty villages of the surrounding county are far more of a draw than the town itself.

Also, there's too many English there 😂
Kamala Harris identity on 19:01 - Nov 13 with 522 viewsAndyCole

Kamala Harris identity on 18:55 - Nov 13 by FieryJack

Worth a visit, though in fairness the pretty villages of the surrounding county are far more of a draw than the town itself.

Cobblers :-)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Kamala Harris identity on 19:14 - Nov 13 with 511 viewsDr_Parnassus

She’s Indian/Caribbean but bizarrely identifies as African American for the purposes of “first African American woman to...”

[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 19:25]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Kamala Harris identity on 19:21 - Nov 13 with 506 viewstrampie

Anyone seen the Kamala Harris mosaic ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Kamala Harris identity on 19:34 - Nov 13 with 493 viewsDr_Winston

Not saying there is. Fairly sure most of my Granny's family originated in Cornwall too.

It's one of the reasons I have so little patience with the cottage burning types. The way they carry on you'd swear they had undiluted lineage going back to Owain Glyndwr, when the truth is by this point after the best part of 2000 years we're a particularly mongrel island.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Kamala Harris identity on 19:58 - Nov 13 with 473 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kamala Harris identity on 19:21 - Nov 13 by trampie

Anyone seen the Kamala Harris mosaic ?

Yes.
Kamala Harris identity on 20:27 - Nov 13 with 459 viewsFieryJack

Kamala Harris identity on 19:34 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

Not saying there is. Fairly sure most of my Granny's family originated in Cornwall too.

It's one of the reasons I have so little patience with the cottage burning types. The way they carry on you'd swear they had undiluted lineage going back to Owain Glyndwr, when the truth is by this point after the best part of 2000 years we're a particularly mongrel island.

England itself is probably the most mongerel part of the UK.

I like to think that Wales, particularly, in the north and west is far less so, but that's just the self-delusional romantic in me, I suppose.
Kamala Harris identity on 20:58 - Nov 13 with 446 viewsDr_Winston

Kamala Harris identity on 20:27 - Nov 13 by FieryJack

I like to think that Wales, particularly, in the north and west is far less so, but that's just the self-delusional romantic in me, I suppose.

Maybe there's the odd pocket of pure Celtic blood here and there but for the most part I doubt there are many people with more than two or three generations of purely Welsh ancestry.

Kamala Harris identity on 21:00 - Nov 13 with 441 viewstrampie

Kamala Harris identity on 19:58 - Nov 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes.

I notice on social media some people ask does she like black people ? and does she identify as black ?
Not talking about US or UK but in some parts of the World some coloured people don't identify as black, yet apparently we have to identify people as black or white, I would have thought that been 'coloured' in Southern Africa is still a thing.

Kamala Harris identity on 21:31 - Nov 13 with 427 viewsHighjack

Kamala Harris identity on 21:00 - Nov 13 by trampie

I notice on social media some people ask does she like black people ? and does she identify as black ?
Not talking about US or UK but in some parts of the World some coloured people don't identify as black, yet apparently we have to identify people as black or white, I would have thought that been 'coloured' in Southern Africa is still a thing.

“Coloured people?” I’m afraid you’re going to have to resign.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Kamala Harris identity on 21:48 - Nov 13 with 413 viewsBoundy

Kamala Harris identity on 20:58 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

Maybe there's the odd pocket of pure Celtic blood here and there but for the most part I doubt there are many people with more than two or three generations of purely Welsh ancestry.

Considering that in 1851 the population was only 1,600,000 and that was a doubling of its size since 1800 caused by an influx into the mining communities from all over the UK and beyond ,then I'd hazard a guess that there's very few with "pure celtic " blood and those of who could claim that I'm guessing live in rural communities where the rate of population growth was and still remains lower than south & north Wales

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kamala Harris identity on 22:25 - Nov 13 with 397 viewstrampie

Kamala Harris identity on 21:31 - Nov 13 by Highjack

“Coloured people?” I’m afraid you’re going to have to resign.

Don't some people refer to themselves as coloured in some places, have you not heard of Cape coloureds ?

Kamala Harris identity on 22:55 - Nov 13 with 381 viewstrampie

Kamala Harris identity on 23:10 - Nov 13 with 369 viewsLohengrin

Have you been to The Legion on Sheep Street to watch bands on a Sunday?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Kamala Harris identity on 23:14 - Nov 13 with 366 viewsLohengrin

Kamala Harris identity on 19:34 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

Where in Cornwall, Doc, do you know? I’m a quarter Helston myself.

Kamala Harris identity on 23:20 - Nov 13 with 361 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kamala Harris identity on 20:27 - Nov 13 by FieryJack

I did the old family history thing, got back to the early 1700's on all 4 individual Grandparents and like you say, my notion of being of pure Welsh blood was very quickly dashed and extremely diluted. In fact I'm barely Welsh at all by bloodline.

After the rugby tonight, I'm taking that as a positive.
Kamala Harris identity on 23:20 - Nov 13 with 361 viewsLohengrin

Kamala Harris identity on 19:14 - Nov 13 by Dr_Parnassus

She’s Indian/Caribbean but bizarrely identifies as African American for the purposes of “first African American woman to...”

[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 19:25]

Cultural appropriation, as her boosters continually scream?

Kamala Harris identity on 23:21 - Nov 13 with 357 viewsHighjack

Kamala Harris identity on 23:20 - Nov 13 by Lohengrin

She looks whiter than Joe Biden most of the time.

Kamala Harris identity on 23:24 - Nov 13 with 350 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kamala Harris identity on 23:20 - Nov 13 by Lohengrin

Part of me would have liked Trump to make that claim. It's just as valid.

They would be in meltdown.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Kamala Harris identity on 23:27 - Nov 13 with 349 viewsLohengrin

Kamala Harris identity on 23:21 - Nov 13 by Highjack

She looks whiter than Joe Biden most of the time.

That’s because his medication makes him look redder than Cochise!

Absolute lunacy that wretched pair of howler monkeys getting within ten miles of The White House. Christ almighty! what an age to live in.

Kamala Harris identity on 23:32 - Nov 13 with 347 viewsLohengrin

Kamala Harris identity on 23:24 - Nov 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Part of me would have liked Trump to make that claim. It's just as valid.

They would be in meltdown.

True though, isn’t it? She’s about as ‘African-American’ as we are.

Given that both her parents, and by extension herself, are members of the British Commonwealth perhaps HM ought to play a role in any inauguration?

Kamala Harris identity on 23:50 - Nov 13 with 329 viewsBoundy

Kamala Harris identity on 23:32 - Nov 13 by Lohengrin

True though, isn’t it? She’s about as ‘African-American’ as we are.

Given that both her parents, and by extension herself, are members of the British Commonwealth perhaps HM ought to play a role in any inauguration?

Please no , any respect I have for HM would be well gone

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024