Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea 18:56 - Nov 3 with 2909 viewsKeithHaynes

The Owls have lost their previous four matches, failing to score in the last three. The summer’s points deduction for financial fair play breaches puts them ten points from safety. The defeats seem to be getting progressively worse. To lose to Brentford was no shame, and they at least showed second-half spirit. But they followed defeat to Luton Town with a second successive red card and a 3-0 collapse at derby rivals Rotherham United, then quadrupled Wycombe Wanderers’ points tally on Saturday.

“We know we’re only one game away from putting it back on track.
“This is a big club with a big, passionate — loyal — fanbase and the noises will always be bigger but I’ve got to keep focused on what we need to do.

“Probably the best example I’ll ever have was at Swansea where we had the best Premier League season we’d ever had, the highest position we’d ever finished, started the next season well and within five games the noise wasnt there and I never understood it.

“There’s no one more determined than me, there’s no one unhappier when we don’t win games but you always have to have that fire in you to put it right and so do the players and I do believe they’ve got that in them but we have to deliver it with actions.

Cheers Garry, enjoy tonight :-)

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:12 - Nov 3 with 1950 viewsDr_Parnassus

Such a shame, should be a club legend. That block in the final will go down as one of the great moments in our rise and he did have a great season getting us to 8th in the PL.

But as a person he seems very arrogant and hard to warm to which in my opinion rubs off in the team. When things go well it’s all “I and me” when things don’t go well it’s “we and us”. Takes the credit and shares the blame.

Just don’t like him unfortunately.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:30 - Nov 3 with 1922 viewsswancity

A club legend for his immense achievements as a player and an awesome club captain

And then led us to our best ever Premier League finish, our second highest ever finish

But he was adapting our style gradually. Very unfortunate to be sacked when he was too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:37 - Nov 3 with 1889 viewsswan65split

“Probably the best example I’ll ever have was at Swansea where we had the best Premier League season we’d ever had, the highest position we’d ever finished, started the next season well and within five games the noise wasnt there and I never understood it.

Shows his failings then, as many could see it!
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:45 - Nov 3 with 1871 viewsMrSwerve

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:30 - Nov 3 by swancity

A club legend for his immense achievements as a player and an awesome club captain

And then led us to our best ever Premier League finish, our second highest ever finish

But he was adapting our style gradually. Very unfortunate to be sacked when he was too.

I don't think anyone can deny that, but it shows how poor a personality and arrogance he has (or is perceived to have), that he can have all of those achievements and is still generally disliked by our fans.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 19:46]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:52 - Nov 3 with 1849 viewsNotLoyal

Blokes a tool.

'when a man makes himself a man, its his choices for his future that will always be remembered, and those choices will make him or break him'

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:54 - Nov 3 with 1831 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:30 - Nov 3 by swancity

Then got a big pout on when he realised Laudrup didn’t rate him. Ruined a good football team with his petulance and influenced Jenkins to sack our most successful manager. A*se

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 20:02 - Nov 3 with 1802 viewsKeithHaynes

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:54 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Then got a big pout on when he realised Laudrup didn’t rate him. Ruined a good football team with his petulance and influenced Jenkins to sack our most successful manager. A*se

There's probably a book in Laudrups first two months at Swansea. Monk was the leader in much of the issues complaining to Jenkin with others, I know for a fact he questioned Laudrups ability, hilarious, still he got his own way eventually.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 20:40 - Nov 3 with 1761 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:54 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

That isn’t true though

Monk knew his limitations as a player of course as he’d dropped down from the Premier League to Swansea in League 2. But no one can deny his commitment.

Through hard work and dedication including his recovery from a serious injury he went back to the Premier league eventually

His disappointment with Laudrup was more to do with his omission from Wembley in preference to Ki at centre back but there’s no doubting Monk played his part in our rise

Of course he probably wasn’t equipped to manage a Premier league team at that point was he ...

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:01 - Nov 3 with 1735 viewsBoundy

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 20:40 - Nov 3 by swancity

That isn’t true though

Monk knew his limitations as a player of course as he’d dropped down from the Premier League to Swansea in League 2. But no one can deny his commitment.

Through hard work and dedication including his recovery from a serious injury he went back to the Premier league eventually

His disappointment with Laudrup was more to do with his omission from Wembley in preference to Ki at centre back but there’s no doubting Monk played his part in our rise

Of course he probably wasn’t equipped to manage a Premier league team at that point was he ...

I would add he's not equipped to be a manager in the C/ship either , Too much too soon

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:04 - Nov 3 with 1710 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 20:40 - Nov 3 by swancity

That isn’t true though

Your hankering after a man who couldn’t give a f*ck for us and has been suspected of corrupt dealings from 2 clubs over transfer dealings truly sickens me. Horrible bloke

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:06 - Nov 3 with 1709 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:01 - Nov 3 by Boundy

I would add he's not equipped to be a manager in the C/ship either , Too much too soon

I’d disagree on that as he’s done quite well in his previous jobs to be fair

He’s been at some clubs with serious problems hasn’t he and you could argue he’s not made sensible decisions to go to Birmingham and S Weds especially

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:14 - Nov 3 with 1663 viewsDr_Winston

An egotistical berk who stabbed two managers in the back and then tore up ten years worth of style to try and prove himself smarter than the predecessor who tried to ship him off to Bristol City.

I am enjoying watching his managerial career spiral down the leagues.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea (n/t) on 21:17 - Nov 3 with 1657 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:14 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

An egotistical berk who stabbed two managers in the back and then tore up ten years worth of style to try and prove himself smarter than the predecessor who tried to ship him off to Bristol City.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:18 - Nov 3 with 1652 viewsbonymine

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:14 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

This 100% total prick who spent most of his time in Corals in Killay & his Lexi complaining that she hated Swansea as a place to bring up her twin chavs .....
Good riddance !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:21 - Nov 3 with 1636 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:18 - Nov 3 by bonymine

This 100% total prick who spent most of his time in Corals in Killay & his Lexi complaining that she hated Swansea as a place to bring up her twin chavs .....
Good riddance !!

You a Ladbrokes fan ? 😂

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:36 - Nov 3 with 1580 viewsbritferry

Nice of him to beat the Cherries for us

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:36 - Nov 3 with 1578 viewsbonymine

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:21 - Nov 3 by swancity

You a Ladbrokes fan ? 😂

Errr No mate !! But there’s only Joe Coral in Killay so I think Garry helped push up their share value on his own (allegedly) 😳😉👍😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:42 - Nov 3 with 1558 viewsgrabsplatter

Not adapting our style but destroying it.
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:56 - Nov 3 with 1511 viewspikeypaul

Arrogant pric, never more so than when he was hanging on rugby’s Ryan Jones’s coat tail around the bars when Ryan was on top of his game.

To think that he was partially responsible for us losing a manager who was one of the best football players the world has ever seen, who had us playing such beautiful football is sickening.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 22:17 - Nov 3 with 1472 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 19:37 - Nov 3 by swan65split

Shows his failings then, as many could see it!

Shows how bad our supporters are when we are doing well they would rather pull the team apart than support them.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 22:31 - Nov 3 with 1451 viewsBoundy

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 22:17 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

Shows how bad our supporters are when we are doing well they would rather pull the team apart than support them.

I do hope we don't start a booing thread , that's old news now

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 23:43 - Nov 3 with 1396 viewsonehunglow

Both Monk and Laudrup are ex employee of our club

I don't want be cause upset or provoke but I am utterly disintereted in either man now. I'm not bothered about anyone's wife either or what he spends his money on.

Laudrup lost interest .When he left, he was gone like all other managers and our club carries on.

Get the fook over these people,lads. They are gone .well gone.History.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 09:10 - Nov 4 with 1251 viewsDr_Winston

If anyone has yet to read his book I recommend you do so. It gives a remarkable insight into his personality.

He comes across as extremely thin skinned and prone to carrying grudges, which in retrospect seems quite obvious.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:01 - Nov 4 with 1161 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 21:36 - Nov 3 by bonymine

Errr No mate !! But there’s only Joe Coral in Killay so I think Garry helped push up their share value on his own (allegedly) 😳😉👍😂😂

So what ?

Life is too short to be interested in what shops other people like to frequent. 😂

By the way Bielsa likes Aldi in Leeds 😂😂

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:11 - Nov 4 with 1150 viewsReslovenSwan1

It is fair to say Mr Ledbetter let Monk down with two of his signings after Monk got to the top of the cycle. He lost is goal threat in Wilfried Bony 28 goals or whatever it was and got Eder in return plus an out of shape Tabanou, for combined £7m

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024