Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive v Negative 12:06 - Jan 29 with 1407 viewsonehunglow

I see this has reared itsugly head again.

Just exactly what is "negative".

What exactly is positive.

You can fill yer boots boys .

Off ya go. Come on

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Positive v Negative on 12:12 - Jan 29 with 761 viewsDr_Parnassus

Depends the subject and context.

Describe a scenario, make a comment based on that scenario and I will tell you if it’s positive or negative.

To give a recent example to get the ball rolling:-

Swansea win and you said “we won despite Cooper”. Swansea don’t win and you say “the buck stops with the manager when things don’t go right”. That’s going out of your way to promote a negative view of our manager that has guided us to 2nd place, contradicting yourself along the way.

If the buck stops with the manager for results, then where is your praise when we win. Because we have been doing far more winning than losing, not sure if you noticed?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Positive v Negative on 12:15 - Jan 29 with 758 viewsAndyCole

Tidy. Another prescient thread.

Yin and Yang, innit.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Positive v Negative on 13:11 - Jan 29 with 722 viewsReslovenSwan1

Positive v Negative on 12:12 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Depends the subject and context.

Describe a scenario, make a comment based on that scenario and I will tell you if it’s positive or negative.

To give a recent example to get the ball rolling:-

Swansea win and you said “we won despite Cooper”. Swansea don’t win and you say “the buck stops with the manager when things don’t go right”. That’s going out of your way to promote a negative view of our manager that has guided us to 2nd place, contradicting yourself along the way.

If the buck stops with the manager for results, then where is your praise when we win. Because we have been doing far more winning than losing, not sure if you noticed?

Its about progress. Derby did well with Lampard Wilson and Mount , like Swansea achieved withh Gallagher and Brewster. 18 months later they are fighting relegation. Points today trouble tommorow . Losing a play off can have detriments.

Swansea were not competetive with Brentford and nicked a point via a set piece. This does not auger well. Will you be satisfied with Swansea not being competetive with Man City and 25% possesion and a 5-0 drubbling? Swansea are not Maccesfield. They should be able to compete. 5 at the back and three blockers in midfield and no pace in the forward line against a champoinship side. What is the future with these tactics? I hope it was a one off and lessons have been learned.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Positive v Negative on 13:15 - Jan 29 with 715 viewsonehunglow

Good start folks.
My belief is is a much hackneyed phrase that gets up my nose.

It is entirely subjective outside a scientific context.

Everyone posting positive kills debate.There can be none

Positive v Negative on 13:33 - Jan 29 with 701 viewsDr_Parnassus

Positive v Negative on 13:11 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Its about progress. Derby did well with Lampard Wilson and Mount , like Swansea achieved withh Gallagher and Brewster. 18 months later they are fighting relegation. Points today trouble tommorow . Losing a play off can have detriments.

Swansea were not competetive with Brentford and nicked a point via a set piece. This does not auger well. Will you be satisfied with Swansea not being competetive with Man City and 25% possesion and a 5-0 drubbling? Swansea are not Maccesfield. They should be able to compete. 5 at the back and three blockers in midfield and no pace in the forward line against a champoinship side. What is the future with these tactics? I hope it was a one off and lessons have been learned.

Our progression has been clear, last year we were fighting for play-offs, this year we are fighting for automatics.

Of course we were competitive against Brentford, we drew 1-1. We didn’t play well, that happens.

We have achieved this progression and we are currently the second highest point grossing team in the league due to the managers tactics, decisions and recruitment.

Being personal and offensive, questioning all the work he has done, his ability and his character is beyond stupid because we played poorly yet managed to grind out a draw with 10 men against possibly the best side in the division.

We are 2nd going into February. We are there for a reason.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 13:39]

Positive v Negative on 13:54 - Jan 29 with 646 viewsraynor94

What is negative? Constant carping and moaning about players and the club which at times is laughable.

Constructive criticism is most welcome, nothing better than healthy debate.

But the name calling of individual players has gone over the top.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Positive v Negative on 14:01 - Jan 29 with 658 viewsTreforys_Jack

Positive v Negative on 13:54 - Jan 29 by raynor94

What is negative? Constant carping and moaning about players and the club which at times is laughable.

But some can't/ won't see it. Over the top and not acceptable, and deserves calling out.
Positive v Negative on 14:05 - Jan 29 with 656 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Positive v Negative on 13:33 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Our progression has been clear, last year we were fighting for play-offs, this year we are fighting for automatics.

Of course we were competitive against Brentford, we drew 1-1. We didn’t play well, that happens.

We have achieved this progression and we are currently the second highest point grossing team in the league due to the managers tactics, decisions and recruitment.

Being personal and offensive, questioning all the work he has done, his ability and his character is beyond stupid because we played poorly yet managed to grind out a draw with 10 men against possibly the best side in the division.

We are 2nd going into February. We are there for a reason.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 13:39]

"Of course we were competitive against Brentford, we drew 1-1."

Your idea of "competitive" is not mine.
Getting a squeaky draw because one of their players gave away a foul in an area we managed to exploit is not something I would like to rely on as competitive.
By the normal statistics we were anything but "competitive".
Possession 35% to 65%
Shots 2 to 21
Shot on target 1 to 5
Corners 1 to 9
Fouls 17 to 11.
So yes we were definitely competitive in fouling.
We were also very competitive in outstanding goalkeeping, it could easily have been 1:5 without it.

But as long as you are happy with that kind of performance it is all sweetness & light.
Login to get fewer ads

Positive v Negative on 14:16 - Jan 29 with 648 viewsReslovenSwan1

Positive v Negative on 14:05 - Jan 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Getting a squeaky draw because one of their players gave away a foul in an area we managed to exploit is not something I would like to rely on as competitive.
Possession 35% to 65%
Shots 2 to 21
Shot on target 1 to 5
Corners 1 to 9
Fouls 17 to 11.
We were also very competitive in outstanding goalkeeping, it could easily have been 1:5 without it.

But as long as you are happy with that kind of performance it is all sweetness & light.

I do not want to see Swansea using the same tactics as Maccessfield against Manchester city. This is not progression. 25% possession will confirm the club's decline since 2 years ago under Potter. Ihope the brentford lessons have been learned and the shotcoming addressed.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Positive v Negative on 14:21 - Jan 29 with 644 viewsmax936

Possession 35% to 65%
Shots 2 to 21
Shot on target 1 to 5
Corners 1 to 9
Fouls 17 to 11.

I'd argue much about the fouling part, they were falling over at the merest touch and ref bought it every time, out and out game playing by their manager, who has obviously implemented it.
I agree with the rest though

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Positive v Negative on 14:27 - Jan 29 with 638 viewsChief

HUGE positives:
- Cooper brings the coaching staff such as Marsh and importantly Margetson. Look at the difference in defensive set pieces.
- Cooper brings very promising youngsters who we'd be right in the cachu without.

Slight negative:
- Occasional aversion to making subs.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Positive v Negative on 14:48 - Jan 29 with 619 viewsonehunglow

Nobody yet has defined as to what exactly is positive it negative

Positive v Negative on 15:06 - Jan 29 with 604 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Possession 35% to 65%
Shots 2 to 21
Shot on target 1 to 5
Corners 1 to 9
Fouls 17 to 11.

If that was our performance every week the I’d agree. Although we have crept into winning while not playing well the last few weeks and it won’t carry on

Hopefully as mentioned above, lessons will be learned from wedneaday and we can push on from here and get on the front foot being more positive again from minute 1 of the next match

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Positive v Negative on 15:16 - Jan 29 with 594 viewsItchySphincter

Fans have always been incredibly rude about many of our players, nothing new there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Positive v Negative on 15:19 - Jan 29 with 592 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Positive v Negative on 14:27 - Jan 29 by Chief

HUGE positives:
- Cooper brings the coaching staff such as Marsh and importantly Margetson. Look at the difference in defensive set pieces.
- Cooper brings very promising youngsters who we'd be right in the cachu without.

Slight negative:
- Occasional aversion to making subs.

Now you are really talking positives that everyone can agree with.
Positive v Negative on 15:24 - Jan 29 with 583 viewsItchySphincter

Glib smart arse posters who are saying the level of performance against Brentford is beyond criticism are just, in their usual way, looking for an excuse to argue, but at the same time appearing to take the moral high ground. It nonsense and we were rubbish, and if you think that is acceptable then fine but there’s only one way we’re leaving this division playing like that and it ain’t up. Let’s be honest, we’ve never really played possession football under Cooper so there’s no point harping back to that, get used to it. The point was welcome and more than deserved, suck it up and hope for a better attitude next time.

Positive v Negative on 15:35 - Jan 29 with 579 viewsTreforys_Jack

Possession 35% to 65%
Shots 2 to 21
Shot on target 1 to 5
Corners 1 to 9
Fouls 17 to 11.

What were the stats in the 1st game?

Surprising ain't it !!!
Positive v Negative on 15:36 - Jan 29 with 578 viewsDr_Parnassus

Possession 35% to 65%
Shots 2 to 21
Shot on target 1 to 5
Corners 1 to 9
Fouls 17 to 11.

It’s not my idea of competitive, it’s the definition of the word. You are changing the word to suit your agenda.

We competed with Brentford and both left the game sharing the points. What you mean is they played better than us. Well aye. That’s life.

Nobody has said they are happy with our performance. I have been watching football long enough to know Swansea don’t play well every week, never have and never will. Using those scenarios to attack a successful manager is abhorrent.

Positive v Negative on 15:39 - Jan 29 with 568 viewsDr_Parnassus

Correct. There will be certain folk hoping we don’t beat Rotherham too so they can continue their thirst for conflict. Including those that come on this forum to stir and cause division due to their lack of ability to debate anything of note, you know who you are.

Positive v Negative on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 564 viewsswancity

Positive v Negative on 15:24 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

Glib smart arse posters who are saying the level of performance against Brentford is beyond criticism are just, in their usual way, looking for an excuse to argue, but at the same time appearing to take the moral high ground. It nonsense and we were rubbish, and if you think that is acceptable then fine but there’s only one way we’re leaving this division playing like that and it ain’t up. Let’s be honest, we’ve never really played possession football under Cooper so there’s no point harping back to that, get used to it. The point was welcome and more than deserved, suck it up and hope for a better attitude next time.

But no one is saying the performance is beyond criticism

What we are saying is that it was certainly one of those nights where we didn’t play well enough either as a team or individually

But that a disappointing display is not to be used to have swipes at our manager who certainly was not the reason for the off night.

Ps We did not defend deliberately. We were forced back by a better team on the night. 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Positive v Negative on 15:53 - Jan 29 with 549 viewsvetchonian

Possession 35% to 65%
Shots 2 to 21
Shot on target 1 to 5
Corners 1 to 9
Fouls 17 to 11.

Again we are picking on one game...we will not always be the best on the night...We have been the better team other times and come away with nothing...eg Norwich away

We had 43% possesion ( away from home) 19 shots v 20 from Norwich ,5 of which were on target the same as Norwich we had 11 corners to their 4 yet we lost 1 nil and came away with no points....Norwich are top of the league....We had an off night Wednesday...maybe players mindsets nit right after the mauling we gave Forest? Similar to Derby after we turend over Cardiff...We wont be on top and win everygame thats the Championship...it happens

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Positive v Negative on 16:11 - Jan 29 with 534 viewsItchySphincter

Positive v Negative on 15:39 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct. There will be certain folk hoping we don’t beat Rotherham too so they can continue their thirst for conflict. Including those that come on this forum to stir and cause division due to their lack of ability to debate anything of note, you know who you are.

So you’re predicting arguments that haven’t happened yet based on your opinion of what other people want.

How can people not see how divisive and damaging to this board that this type of behaviour is, all whilst claiming the superior high ground.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore????

Positive v Negative on 16:12 - Jan 29 with 537 viewsonehunglow

Positive v Negative on 15:39 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Wrong.
Frankly,many are clueless as to what they think is in the mind of a fellow poster.They won't know who they are.

A few have sneaked on to this site to insult individual posters.They really do know who they are and should crawl away NOW
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 16:13]

Positive v Negative on 16:16 - Jan 29 with 526 viewsDr_Parnassus

Positive v Negative on 16:11 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

So you’re predicting arguments that haven’t happened yet based on your opinion of what other people want.

How can people not see how divisive and damaging to this board that this type of behaviour is, all whilst claiming the superior high ground.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore????

I am using past and current behaviour to make a pretty fair analysis of what will happen should we not beat Rotherham, yes.

It’s hilarious how obviously riled you are by me calling out behaviour such as yours. You are having your bi-monthly Parnassus breakdown I see.

Get it out of your system, champ.

Positive v Negative on 16:17 - Jan 29 with 519 viewsDr_Parnassus

Positive v Negative on 16:12 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

Wrong.
Frankly,many are clueless as to what they think is in the mind of a fellow poster.They won't know who they are.

A few have sneaked on to this site to insult individual posters.They really do know who they are and should crawl away NOW
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 16:13]

Not wrong at all, it’s as clear as day. They absolutely know who they are, and like magic they all seem to have noticed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024