Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? 21:09 - Apr 13 with 1419 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m struggling with a Hourihane, a remarkable impact at the start of his loan but I’m seriously struggling to see what he is currently offering, seemed to me to be almost anonymous this evening.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:22 - Apr 13 with 973 viewsonehunglow

He is brilliant at dead balls. Other than that ,a luxury .

He ain’t one for the trenches to be sure

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:23 - Apr 13 with 978 views34dfgdf54

Looks a lot better in 433 imo
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:24 - Apr 13 with 978 viewsnantywatcher

I doubt he has ever won a 50/50 ball in his entire career. Seems like a decent guy, but not good enough for this league.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:25 - Apr 13 with 972 viewsjack_lord

I had it on the radio (I was working) and Ratcliffe was was saying how anonymous he was also saying about his effectiveness over the last few games but did say how he has the quality.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:29 - Apr 13 with 953 viewsonehunglow

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:24 - Apr 13 by nantywatcher

I doubt he has ever won a 50/50 ball in his entire career. Seems like a decent guy, but not good enough for this league.

His compatriot Mr Keane wasn’t .

Far greater player. Another level.

I doubt he s not broken sweat

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:34 - Apr 13 with 945 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:23 - Apr 13 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with this, been much more involved last couple of games. Not setting the world alight but spraying the ball around reasonably comfortably and to my eye seems to be working harder off the ball too.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:46 - Apr 13 with 913 viewsjack247

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:23 - Apr 13 by 34dfgdf54

Agreed. He’s more involved, doesn’t look like a passenger in this setup.

Still doesn’t do that much for me, keeps it simple without having the work rate or energy midfielders that don’t run at people or play defence splitting passes tend to.

At the same time, I wouldn’t say he’s a luxury or liability in this formation, so his dead balls come into it. When I thought he was slowing our midfield to the point that defences invariably had time to reset and we ended up going sideways and backwards, I wanted him out of the team. That’s not happening now.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:48 - Apr 13 with 909 viewsthornabyswan

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:34 - Apr 13 by LittleEnglandJack

Agree with this, been much more involved last couple of games. Not setting the world alight but spraying the ball around reasonably comfortably and to my eye seems to be working harder off the ball too.

Looks better in a 4 3 3 a luxury player but I like him.

Can win a game in an instant .

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:57 - Apr 13 with 888 viewsAndyCole

He shows his pedigree when we're on top of games, is less conspicuous when we're struggling, other than his off-the-scale set-piece.

And cleverly keeps us ticking over on the left (esp) with his relationship with Manning which was always going to be a factor.

A consummate professional whose pedigree is rubbing off on those around - esp Grimes, whose confidence is soaring and who totally bossed Bannan. First at training, last to leave. Says it all and shows the way.

The fact he (and Bennett) gives Grimes (our best player) this platform is priceless. Grimes, our heartbeat has us ticking again.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 22:04 - Apr 13 with 875 viewsthornabyswan

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:57 - Apr 13 by AndyCole

He shows his pedigree when we're on top of games, is less conspicuous when we're struggling, other than his off-the-scale set-piece.

And cleverly keeps us ticking over on the left (esp) with his relationship with Manning which was always going to be a factor.

A consummate professional whose pedigree is rubbing off on those around - esp Grimes, whose confidence is soaring and who totally bossed Bannan. First at training, last to leave. Says it all and shows the way.

The fact he (and Bennett) gives Grimes (our best player) this platform is priceless. Grimes, our heartbeat has us ticking again.

Fulton was MOM for me tonight.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 22:09 - Apr 13 with 866 viewspencoedjack

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 21:25 - Apr 13 by jack_lord

I had it on the radio (I was working) and Ratcliffe was was saying how anonymous he was also saying about his effectiveness over the last few games but did say how he has the quality.

I wouldn’t believe a word Ratcliffe said about us or any of our players.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 22:28 - Apr 13 with 850 viewsNortbankboy

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 22:04 - Apr 13 by thornabyswan

Fulton was MOM for me tonight.

Probably our strongest midfield tonight .If we are chasing a game
Swap dandha for fulton
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 23:08 - Apr 13 with 827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 22:09 - Apr 13 by pencoedjack

I wouldn’t believe a word Ratcliffe said about us or any of our players.

I didn’t notice him at all tonight.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 06:18 - Apr 14 with 713 viewsjackal

When he first came he looked to be the goal scoring midfielder we needed.

But now that he's not scoring he's offering nothing .Does he ever tackle and get stuck in? If so. I haven't noticed.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 06:41 - Apr 14 with 701 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 06:18 - Apr 14 by jackal

But now that he's not scoring he's offering nothing .Does he ever tackle and get stuck in? If so. I haven't noticed.

No. That’s where MGW really did make a difference. A complete all round midfielder

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 07:41 - Apr 14 with 675 views34dfgdf54

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 06:41 - Apr 14 by Brynmill_Jack

No. That’s where MGW really did make a difference. A complete all round midfielder

MGW in this formation would be have been a game changer completely.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 08:00 - Apr 14 with 663 viewsFireboy2

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 06:18 - Apr 14 by jackal

When we are under the pump he hides, when we are on top he looks decent, bloody shame really.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 08:10 - Apr 14 with 654 viewsThornburyswan

Interesting one Keith - we appear to have found a way, by playing 4 at the back vs our standard 5, to involve him without him looking a passenger (as sometimes was the case previously) & he was involved in the goals build up at Millwall.

That said not sure he offers more than say Smith or Dhanda other than the possibility of a edge of the box shot from either open play or a free kick.

As he goes back to Villa next month think I’d stick with him but as soon as we confirm a play-off spot we might need to test different options as I do not see us beating Bournemouth or Brentford over two legs with the current formation.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 08:23 - Apr 14 with 643 viewssP7qupUf

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 22:28 - Apr 13 by Nortbankboy

Probably our strongest midfield tonight .If we are chasing a game
Swap dandha for fulton

Lots of people state the same about Dhanda. Personaly, I just don't see it. When has he actually changed or rescued a game for us? Just my opinion but there it is.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 08:28 - Apr 14 with 630 viewsonehunglow

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 08:23 - Apr 14 by sP7qupUf

Lots of people state the same about Dhanda. Personaly, I just don't see it. When has he actually changed or rescued a game for us? Just my opinion but there it is.

It's why ome,like me,refer to him a a luxury-which is .
He is no way an integral part of this team and his presence is/would be hardly missed.

Good option on the bench though but the likes of Fulton are the core of the team and people need to realise that.

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 09:06 - Apr 14 with 613 views9MilesHigh

I've been hugely critical of Hourihane even blaming him in big part for our slump since January but that was his best performance in.a Swans shirt last night.

The difference in us now compared to pretty much any time during the season, but especially since the Watford home game, is our approach.

The plan is to get on the ball more and stay on the ball more, even if that means passing it between the back 4. Now some of our fans won't like that they never have but opposition fans hate it, opposition players too. I listened to the Sheff Weds commentary last night and they started off by saying how patient we were and then threw in the inevitable 'they aren't really going anywhere with it' to the 'Swansea won that at a canter' and how 'professional a performance' it was and 'the best teams in this league are always comfortable in the ball'

Now I would have loved to have shown the commentators videos of us since January and too many other times before to show them that this isn't how we've approached every game, this is a new stamp on our gameplay.

And getting back to the point our back 4 and midfield 3 all had pass accuracy over 75% with Hourihane and Matty mid to high 80%'s.

Thats not something we have been used to and I always keep a close eye on Hourihane because he has hidden in games, he doesn't tackle or fight for balls and he can't run much.

But his passing yesterday ticked us over, between the lines, going back to his back 4, coming looking for it from them and lots of very well weighted passes to keep momemtum flowing.

Maybe we could do with more legs in there instead of him but credit where it's due, that was his stand out all round performance yesterday and for the first time next game up i'd put him in my starting XI.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 09:26 - Apr 14 with 599 views34dfgdf54

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 10:36 - Apr 14 with 562 viewsCatullus

He does ok when we're bossing the game but when the other team have a spell on top he vanishes. He doesn't get tackles in, he doesn't bust a gut like Fulton and Grimes do, he waits for us to regain the ball and pops his head up again.

That makes him a luxury to me. Games are so often won or lost in midfield so you need all those players putting the effort in.

You can't doubt his quality, his skill set but unfortunately hard work and getting a foot in aren't in there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 10:46 - Apr 14 with 549 views9MilesHigh

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 10:36 - Apr 14 by Catullus

He does ok when we're bossing the game but when the other team have a spell on top he vanishes. He doesn't get tackles in, he doesn't bust a gut like Fulton and Grimes do, he waits for us to regain the ball and pops his head up again.

That makes him a luxury to me. Games are so often won or lost in midfield so you need all those players putting the effort in.

You can't doubt his quality, his skill set but unfortunately hard work and getting a foot in aren't in there.

Yep, I do have to agree with all that as well.
Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 13:15 - Apr 14 with 488 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Conor Hourihane - Your thoughts ? on 10:36 - Apr 14 by Catullus

Shades of Gylfi Siggurdsson. Was talking to an Everton fan earlier who thinks he steals a living and hides during games. Couldn’t agree more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024