Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards 13:27 - May 31 with 22203 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes, looks likely bids will be received.

Jay Fulton, has he done all he can at Swansea ?

Jamal Lowe, retain or put in the shop window ?

Jan Dhanda, there are a few suitors, let him leave ?

The swans will almost certainly retain
Ryan Bennett, Jake Bidwell, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Conner Roberts, Korey Smith, Steven Benda, Ben Hamer, George Byers, Jordon Garrick, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ryan Manning. Oli Cooper, Brandon Cooper, Cameron Evans, Daniel Williams. ( Regards Roberts and Cabango, they need another Championship season for me )

Decisions to be made on Rushesha, Freeman, John, Webb, Gould, Mckay, Routledge

Possible inclusion for 2021/22 season ?
Al Hamadi, Govea.

Loan players, consider them all gone.
Out of contract Ayew, consider him gone.

Any thoughts ? I’ll pin this thread and amend etc, for the immediate future

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 13:45 - May 31 with 5828 viewsraynor94

Decent offers for Grimes and Fulton let them go.

Lowe keep for another season.

Al Hamadi, well worth making him a first team squad member.

Yep Dhanda can go if the right offer is received.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:10 - May 31 with 5800 viewsOptimisticJack

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 13:45 - May 31 by raynor94

Definitely keep Grimes and Fulton. They are the backbone of the team. Unlikely to command huge fees in the current football economic climate and difficult to replace.
Fulton very unfortunate in my opinion not to be picked for the Scotland squad for the Euros.

Optimisticjack

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:17 - May 31 with 5791 views34dfgdf54

I’ll start to worry if we lose Grimes personally.

Webb signed a contract extension I believe aswell.
[Post edited 31 May 2021 14:18]
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:18 - May 31 with 5791 viewsploppy

Grimes can go.

I'd keep Fulton.

Dhanda can go, but we won't get any offers.

Lowe, probably keep, as long as we add new strikers as well.

Defence - I'd keep them all.

Routledge needs to retire.

Byers is in the last chance saloon. For me, he's better than Dhanda. Improve his fitness (especially tracking back), get him to pass forward once in a while. Loaning him out certainly didn't work.

We need better than Korey Smith, but he'll stay.

Freeman was a very strange signing. Let go.

That'll do for starters.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:25 - May 31 with 5778 viewsjasper_T

Declan John is gone, been talking openly about offers and possibilities elsewhere.

Gould, Rushesha and Webb have ongoing contracts. Can't see many of the second year scholars and first year pros staying on. A lot of trialists through the door the last couple of months, and it was younger players popping up to first team training last week (Cam Congreve & Ben Lloyd).
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:26 - May 31 with 5774 viewspencoedjack

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 13:45 - May 31 by raynor94

Right offer for Dhanda? What we looking for a tenner?

People talk about Horihane being a coward Dhanda is a coward & useless.

Maybe a 3rd tier team will take a punt on him.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:40 - May 31 with 5747 viewsFlashberryjack

Every single Swans player is for sale, should any reasonable offer comes in, and that includes all the management team, in fact, anything that isn't nailed down can go.

IMO, that's how important Saturdays game was to us, belts will be tightened right up to the last notch.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:40 - May 31 with 5750 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:25 - May 31 by jasper_T

Declan John is gone, been talking openly about offers and possibilities elsewhere.

Gould, Rushesha and Webb have ongoing contracts. Can't see many of the second year scholars and first year pros staying on. A lot of trialists through the door the last couple of months, and it was younger players popping up to first team training last week (Cam Congreve & Ben Lloyd).

I realise that, theres nothing stopping us offering him a contract 😉

Login to get fewer ads

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:42 - May 31 with 5741 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:25 - May 31 by jasper_T

I can see players being released as well. In contract or otherwise.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:46 - May 31 with 5729 viewsWhiterockin

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:18 - May 31 by ploppy

Grimes can go.

I'd keep Fulton.

Dhanda can go, but we won't get any offers.

Lowe, probably keep, as long as we add new strikers as well.

Defence - I'd keep them all.

Routledge needs to retire.

Byers is in the last chance saloon. For me, he's better than Dhanda. Improve his fitness (especially tracking back), get him to pass forward once in a while. Loaning him out certainly didn't work.

We need better than Korey Smith, but he'll stay.

Freeman was a very strange signing. Let go.

That'll do for starters.

Grimes is worth more to us than we would get for him.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:51 - May 31 with 5711 viewsjasper_T

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:42 - May 31 by KeithHaynes

I can see players being released as well. In contract or otherwise.

Gould was a strange one to extend anyway. He's 24 and some distance behind Benda and Webb as prospects. Another payoff like we gave Botti Biabi?
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:56 - May 31 with 5682 viewsonehunglow

Let s be frank.
There is not one player who is that outstanding that we need to make all efforts to keep.

In the recent past, we really have let crucial players go.

This lot are in no way special at all.

Main thing thing is Cooper goes and right now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:58 - May 31 with 5690 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:51 - May 31 by jasper_T

Gould was a strange one to extend anyway. He's 24 and some distance behind Benda and Webb as prospects. Another payoff like we gave Botti Biabi?

I can see that happening mate, Gould especially, mind boggling.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:00 - May 31 with 5685 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers is one of the few players in midfield that can actually threaten to put the ball anywhere near the net. He has however Ollie Cooper breathing down his neck.

Govea reappeared briefly but is back on the treatment table I would guess. Enough is probably enough for him.

Lowe is a player on an upward trajectory and at 26 is still developing.

The club must decide if it is prepared to go with 3-4 kids or import. Cullen, Ollie Cooper Brandon Cooper Rushessha, Dan Wiliams Garric . Are they going to get 20 games? No point going on loan to league 1 if a talent like Byers cannot get a kick. Better to go to Wrexham or Yeovil where they get games. Swindon likes to play swansea players.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:07 - May 31 with 5671 viewsjasper_T

Rushesha's missed a lot of time with his ACL and was on the younger side to be stepping up anyway, another season working back up in the u23s probably for the best in his case.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:18 - May 31 with 5642 viewsKeithHaynes

Had a bit of a chat today with someone who makes all this sort of stuff his business, Twitter etc. Very well informed too.

This is what he thinks.

Matt Grimes Tops 7m

Jay Fulton 3.5m

Jamal Lowe 8m

Jan Dhanda 2m

We spoke about the finances this season and he thinks there will be little impact on the loss of the parachute payments with weekly wages such as Ayew at 80k, Hourihane at 28k half a season, Guehi at 5k, MGW 7k half a season, the loss of money on Morris and Arriola which he thinks was around 2 million, so in one nine month season that’s a saving of -

Ayew just under 3m
Hourihane 600k
MGW 150k
Guehi 200k
2m lost on fees etc on Morris / Arriola
Total - around 6m

It’s inevitable then players will leave and the saleable assets are Grimes, Dhanda and Fulton.
If they went it could mean 11m or so in the coffers as the swans don’t do staggered payments, his words not mine. This excludes Lowe who I think will stay.

So there’s 17m potentially in savings. Not withstanding their salaries which have to be replaced but they won’t be as high as those players, albeit they aren’t on millions. Plus the Oli and Brandon Cooper factor. He reckons they will have huge seasons next time, if they stay injury free.

The big thing of course is the return of supporters, that money has not been seen for fifteen months and will make an impact as the clubs financial model has been redesigned due to Covid. Plus the huge rise in commercial revenue as a result.

Like me he feels Roberts would prefer to stay as would Cabango. He can’t see the club getting more than 2m a piece for them.

Please remember this is just a chat with someone I have known for years who has his hand well on the pulse, not stone cold fact. It’s that time of year now.

For any Cardiff fans reading this, Swansea as a club has operated within a stringent financial boundary for two years now, take a look at your own finances first before commenting. Plus the fact the swans can show twice the amount of Swans TV subs and financial profit than Cardiff City via their TV service. His inside knowledge on Cardiff is much better than on the swans and he genuinely believes they are well in the mire.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:41 - May 31 with 5565 views3swan

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:18 - May 31 by KeithHaynes

Had a bit of a chat today with someone who makes all this sort of stuff his business, Twitter etc. Very well informed too.

This is what he thinks.

Matt Grimes Tops 7m

Jay Fulton 3.5m

Jamal Lowe 8m

Jan Dhanda 2m

We spoke about the finances this season and he thinks there will be little impact on the loss of the parachute payments with weekly wages such as Ayew at 80k, Hourihane at 28k half a season, Guehi at 5k, MGW 7k half a season, the loss of money on Morris and Arriola which he thinks was around 2 million, so in one nine month season that’s a saving of -

Ayew just under 3m
Hourihane 600k
MGW 150k
Guehi 200k
Total - around 6m

It’s inevitable then players will leave and the saleable assets are Grimes, Dhanda and Fulton.
If they went it could mean 11m or so in the coffers as the swans don’t do staggered payments, his words not mine. This excludes Lowe who I think will stay.

So there’s 17m potentially in savings. Not withstanding their salaries which have to be replaced but they won’t be as high as those players, albeit they aren’t on millions. Plus the Oli and Brandon Cooper factor. He reckons they will have huge seasons next time, if they stay injury free.

The big thing of course is the return of supporters, that money has not been seen for fifteen months and will make an impact as the clubs financial model has been redesigned due to Covid. Plus the huge rise in commercial revenue as a result.

Like me he feels Roberts would prefer to stay as would Cabango. He can’t see the club getting more than 2m a piece for them.

Please remember this is just a chat with someone I have known for years who has his hand well on the pulse, not stone cold fact. It’s that time of year now.

For any Cardiff fans reading this, Swansea as a club has operated within a stringent financial boundary for two years now, take a look at your own finances first before commenting. Plus the fact the swans can show twice the amount of Swans TV subs and financial profit than Cardiff City via their TV service. His inside knowledge on Cardiff is much better than on the swans and he genuinely believes they are well in the mire.

Very close to a conversation I had this morning. The only doubt is the figure put on Dhanda Seems very high for a bit part squad player who has offered very little with his limited opportunities
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:44 - May 31 with 5562 viewsThornburyswan

This is what he thinks.

Matt Grimes Tops 7m

Jay Fulton 3.5m

Jamal Lowe 8m

Jan Dhanda 2m

Ayew just under 3m
Hourihane 600k
MGW 150k
Guehi 200k
Total - around 6m

Good piece that Keith - another positive is our seeming almost 14K of season ticket sales, so attendances next year should be 17K+ Covid allowing of course.

I’d take the £2M for Dhanda but would prefer to keep the other 3 provided they are up for staying & giving it another go.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:45 - May 31 with 5560 viewsthornabyswan

This is what he thinks.

Matt Grimes Tops 7m

Jay Fulton 3.5m

Jamal Lowe 8m

Jan Dhanda 2m

Ayew just under 3m
Hourihane 600k
MGW 150k
Guehi 200k
Total - around 6m

That was s good post lots of sense in there.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:49 - May 31 with 5550 viewsjasper_T

Think we probably lost a fair chunk this season so comparing imminent savings vs the drop in parachute payments doesn't mean we're near an even keel just with the expensive gambles leaving. Turned a profit in Cooper's first season but the parachute payment dropped significantly after that.

Difficult league to balance the books without parachute payments. A lot of clubs spending twice their income simply on basic wages. Need continual player sales if not every year then every other to pay down the debts. Lot of clubs we can look at to see how quickly debt can spiral into a hundred million+
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:57 - May 31 with 5513 viewsonehunglow

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 15:49 - May 31 by jasper_T

Think we probably lost a fair chunk this season so comparing imminent savings vs the drop in parachute payments doesn't mean we're near an even keel just with the expensive gambles leaving. Turned a profit in Cooper's first season but the parachute payment dropped significantly after that.

Difficult league to balance the books without parachute payments. A lot of clubs spending twice their income simply on basic wages. Need continual player sales if not every year then every other to pay down the debts. Lot of clubs we can look at to see how quickly debt can spiral into a hundred million+

Spending good money on waif like kids for the future don’t help.
Asora was a classic.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 16:14 - May 31 with 5494 viewsCatullus

It's a really hard year to be making these calls but I'd keep Fulton and Grimes, I'd keep Cabango, Latibeaudiere and Bennett too, it all depends on whether Cooper stays or we have a new manager of course, too early to be sure yet so Bidwell, Roberts and Manning probably stay too.
I don't see Lowe being worth more than Grimes but if anybody will offer 8 million I'd take it, personally.

For me, before we can make any really big decisions on players, we need to know if Cooper is staying or going. If they have a replacement in mind we need things done as quickly as possible so team building can start. I don't want us being a week before kick off and 3/4 players short. This year theowners have to show their true colours, if they genuinely want us to have a shot they have to stay out of recruitment, let the manager decide which players come in and then the manager can stand or fall on those player.s.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 16:21 - May 31 with 5474 viewsonehunglow

For me Cat,I 'd cut to the chase and let Cooper leave by mutual conent ,get an experienced man in who know how to bring in the right players and not play his staff out of position and/or hoping they can come good.

We need a captain too.

Grimes is the most attractive for suitors and we can get much better and a captain in the process.

Biggest disappointment for me is seeing Cullen really aint up to it.

Whittaker simply needs to eat better and work out at a gym with people who know what they are doing.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 16:42 - May 31 with 5438 viewsBadlands

Depends on who the manager is.
A good replacement would get more from Dhanda, Lowe etc.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 16:42 - May 31 with 5440 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 16:21 - May 31 by onehunglow

For me Cat,I 'd cut to the chase and let Cooper leave by mutual conent ,get an experienced man in who know how to bring in the right players and not play his staff out of position and/or hoping they can come good.

We need a captain too.

Grimes is the most attractive for suitors and we can get much better and a captain in the process.

Biggest disappointment for me is seeing Cullen really aint up to it.

Whittaker simply needs to eat better and work out at a gym with people who know what they are doing.

They won’t let cooper leave because of the loss of income. They may say to him you are free to discuss with any club your immediate future and give him a deadline, but they won’t turn down the compensation in Coopers contract and then pay him off a year as well. Not a chance.

He may well go, but he has a big heart for the club, either way I’m happy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024