Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English booing taking the knee. 21:07 - Jun 2 with 15401 viewstrampie

English people booing the gesture to support black people and racial equality tonight at M'boro, sounded like the vast majority of the English supporters as well.

Should teams refuse to play England, or should England be banned from the Euros ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

English booing taking the knee. on 21:08 - Jun 2 with 3856 viewsFlashberryjack

Good for them IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

English booing taking the knee. on 21:09 - Jun 2 with 3847 viewsangryjack

No I agree keep politics out football,it's gone on too long as well
English booing taking the knee. on 21:12 - Jun 2 with 3826 viewsraynor94

Wembley? Are you actually watching it?

The only banning should be you off here with your tedious xenophobic posts.

It's Pathetic!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

English booing taking the knee. on 21:15 - Jun 2 with 3808 viewstrampie

I watched Skysports at halftime during the Wales game and they showed it, disgraceful behaviour by the English and it sounded like thousands of them as well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

English booing taking the knee. on 21:16 - Jun 2 with 3802 viewsBoundy

English booing taking the knee. on 21:15 - Jun 2 by trampie

I watched Skysports at halftime during the Wales game and they showed it, disgraceful behaviour by the English and it sounded like thousands of them as well.

Wait till next season when we're back in the Liberty , you may have to start another thread

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

English booing taking the knee. on 21:20 - Jun 2 with 3789 viewstrampie

English booing taking the knee. on 21:16 - Jun 2 by Boundy

Wait till next season when we're back in the Liberty , you may have to start another thread

What about a Welsh team being overrun by supporters flying union jack's and Northern Irish loyalist flags and the associated behaviour of such people you mean ?

English booing taking the knee. on 21:25 - Jun 2 with 3771 viewsCatullus

English booing taking the knee. on 21:20 - Jun 2 by trampie

What about a Welsh team being overrun by supporters flying union jack's and Northern Irish loyalist flags and the associated behaviour of such people you mean ?

Yeah, fancy being proud to be British, what a crime eh Tramps.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

English booing taking the knee. on 21:47 - Jun 2 with 3723 viewsBoundy

English booing taking the knee. on 21:20 - Jun 2 by trampie

I bet you feel sick to the stomach that we have so many "foreigners" playing for us
Just in case you're not aware of your condition but xenophobia is 'caused' by factors such as 'low self-esteem', 'ignorance', 'illiteracy' and 'indolence' (all referred to in other research). 'Perceptions' are also often cited, as if simply to cite ignorance or prejudice is to explain its roots.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

English booing taking the knee. on 21:52 - Jun 2 with 3710 viewstrampie

I wasn't booing the taking of the knee Boundy, it was England fans tonight not me.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 21:53]

English booing taking the knee. on 22:29 - Jun 2 with 3660 viewsReslovenSwan1

English booing taking the knee. on 21:15 - Jun 2 by trampie

Uk is a democratic nation and the people can express their feelings as they wish. This mght be to object to the Royal family shenanegans for example, (including alleged very serious crimes), and the gestures identified by the BLM movement.

Some players have added black power symbols to the knee and this in my opinion is completely different to the notional message of taking the knee. Perhaps it is this that fans object to? I have to look up into the history of the black power salute made by Jamal Lowe at Wembley for example. What is the message he is sending to me while wearing a Swansea shirt.?

The taking the knee is upto the players and is meant as a "message". Fans perhaps now have got the message and just want he players to do their jobs for which they are very generously rewarded.

Wise sage since Toshack era

English booing taking the knee. on 22:43 - Jun 2 with 3639 viewsTreforys_Jack

Was always going to happen when supporters returned to the ground. It would/will definitely happen at the Liberty as well.
English booing taking the knee. on 22:43 - Jun 2 with 3639 viewsSlugster664

English booing taking the knee. on 21:52 - Jun 2 by trampie

I wasn't booing the taking of the knee Boundy, it was England fans tonight not me.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 21:53]

Roll on when Swans fans get the chance to boo...but hopefully players will get the message before that that 'the taking of the knee' is not welcome and we don't want to see them do it.

STID

English booing taking the knee. on 23:10 - Jun 2 with 3603 viewsKilkennyjack

I am very proud of our players for taking the knee.

I am very proud of our club for standing against social media race abuse.

Anyone who boos our own players taking the knee should stay away from our games.
We don't want you at our club.

Our club is for everyone.

Beware of the Risen People

English booing taking the knee. on 23:10 - Jun 2 with 3609 viewsjasper_T

English booing taking the knee. on 21:09 - Jun 2 by angryjack

No I agree keep politics out football,it's gone on too long as well

English booing taking the knee. on 23:31 - Jun 2 with 3589 viewsjackrabbit

The whole BLM hypocrisy was summed up nicely last weekend:

“ As I write, a young woman called Sasha Johnson is lying in hospital in a serious condition having been shot in the head. When news of this came out on Sunday, prominent Labour politicians and most of the UK’s broadcast and print media all followed the line of Johnson’s militant allies. Which was that Johnson had been shot in the head in Peckham at three o’clock in the morning because of her ‘activism’ on behalf of Black Lives Matter. Sky ran with ‘Black equal rights activist shot’. Anyone who has ever heard one of Ms Johnson’s incendiary interventions into race relations (such as ‘the white man will not be our equal but our slave’) will know that equal rights aren’t remotely on her horizon.

In any case, thanks to this portrayal by the British press, other media from around the world have now spread the idea that a prominent BLM activist was last weekend the subject of an assassination attempt in London, most likely carried out by the UK branch of the KKK.

We shall see precisely what happened. But as I write, the British police have said that they are looking for four black men who turned up at the party that Johnson was at. It appears that – as so often in the US – this was a black-on-black attack, most likely stemming from a gang-related dispute.

I wish Johnson well, not least in the hope that when she comes out of hospital she might have a greater understanding of the importance of the police in our society. ..”

The Spectator
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 23:33]
English booing taking the knee. on 00:02 - Jun 3 with 3558 viewsSTID2017

So did quite a few Swans fans in our two games when fans were in attendance.
Moronic bigots come in all nationalities, races, creeds and colours.
Not just English, though you wish it were so

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

English booing taking the knee. on 00:06 - Jun 3 with 3555 viewsSTID2017

English booing taking the knee. on 23:10 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

I am very proud of our players for taking the knee.

I am very proud of our club for standing against social media race abuse.

Anyone who boos our own players taking the knee should stay away from our games.
We don't want you at our club.

Our club is for everyone.

Fully agree.
No place for bigotry of any kind in life or in sport

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

English booing taking the knee. on 01:03 - Jun 3 with 3537 viewsReslovenSwan1

English booing taking the knee. on 21:47 - Jun 2 by Boundy

I bet you feel sick to the stomach that we have so many "foreigners" playing for us
Just in case you're not aware of your condition but xenophobia is 'caused' by factors such as 'low self-esteem', 'ignorance', 'illiteracy' and 'indolence' (all referred to in other research). 'Perceptions' are also often cited, as if simply to cite ignorance or prejudice is to explain its roots.

It is intersting is it not that the metropolitan club owners are refered to disparagingly as "Yanks" by the enlightened Anglophone mob on this site, depsite they are the only one putting money into the club. The Anglophones accept sheepishly being labelled 'farm animal abusers' often by English right wing fascists, yet rise in fury at any extemely minor slight by Welsh instituttions purely on the basis of them being based in Cardiff.

Wise sage since Toshack era

English booing taking the knee. on 04:01 - Jun 3 with 3501 viewsDr_Parnassus

They are perfectly entitled to boo as I’m sure many will when fans are back in the stadium. The reasons for this have been explained many times in great depth and it does seem like even those who were blindly on the bandwagon in its infancy (despite not understanding a thing about it) are starting to see it for what it is, and always has been... despite their protestations.

BLM is a bit like modern day feminism. Most women agree with equality of the sexes, not many would identify with modern day feminism however, because they aren’t the same thing.

Most people agree with equality of race (overwhelmingly so), but not nearly as many will align themselves with BLM... again simply because they aren’t the same thing.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

English booing taking the knee. on 07:01 - Jun 3 with 3467 viewsThornburyswan

I don’t get the booing if I’m honest - not just the England fans last night any fans anywhere - the players are choosing to take the knee to show their support against racism, the clubs are not forcing then to do it. It literally takes seconds, fans are not being asked to do it so how is it boo worth - bonkers!

It’s like booing during a minutes silence or booing one of your own players because you don’t like his goal celebration or hair cut.
English booing taking the knee. on 08:08 - Jun 3 with 3424 viewsKilkennyjack

English booing taking the knee. on 07:01 - Jun 3 by Thornburyswan

I don’t get the booing if I’m honest - not just the England fans last night any fans anywhere - the players are choosing to take the knee to show their support against racism, the clubs are not forcing then to do it. It literally takes seconds, fans are not being asked to do it so how is it boo worth - bonkers!

It’s like booing during a minutes silence or booing one of your own players because you don’t like his goal celebration or hair cut.

👏🏾

Beware of the Risen People

English booing taking the knee. on 08:18 - Jun 3 with 3411 viewsAjack_Kerouac

English booing taking the knee. on 07:01 - Jun 3 by Thornburyswan

It’s what inevitably happens when politics is brought into sport (which is why we used to follow the rules about not doing this)...
If the players are allowed to make political statements then so are the fans. We don’t have to be lectured by millionaire imbeciles.

The calls of “bigots (in actual fact, people who do not agree with the political movement BLM) shouldn’t be allowed at our club” are laughable.
It is our (the fans) club. Without the paying customers sport and sportsmen are nothing. If the majority think that BLM is full of shite and have had enough of being lectured by imbeciles it is the players who will no longer be welcome.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

English booing taking the knee. on 08:32 - Jun 3 with 3393 viewsGlossolalia

People weren't 'booing racial equality', you plum.

Maybe the idea that very rich people of all skin tones and races, who aren't exactly renowned for having an acute awareness of social matters and the nuances therein, is a bit of a p*ss take for most people.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 8:38]
English booing taking the knee. on 08:41 - Jun 3 with 3375 viewsThornburyswan

English booing taking the knee. on 08:18 - Jun 3 by Ajack_Kerouac

It’s what inevitably happens when politics is brought into sport (which is why we used to follow the rules about not doing this)...
If the players are allowed to make political statements then so are the fans. We don’t have to be lectured by millionaire imbeciles.

The calls of “bigots (in actual fact, people who do not agree with the political movement BLM) shouldn’t be allowed at our club” are laughable.
It is our (the fans) club. Without the paying customers sport and sportsmen are nothing. If the majority think that BLM is full of shite and have had enough of being lectured by imbeciles it is the players who will no longer be welcome.

I see that & you make some fair points on it being fans choice but for me firstly the taking the knee is not about the BLM movement - accept it came from there - but a wider anti-racism campaign.

Nobody is lecturing anyone so not sure where that comes from the players & the club are not even asking us to do anything they are just showing their collective support for anti-racism. I guess if you don’t agree with that fine.

Politics & sport are unfortunately inextricably linked these days, that’s what ££££££ does, just look at FIFA, EUFA, Olympics etc etc - not sure we can go back to the good old days with jumpers for goal posts now.

The booing bit always puzzles me as to boo any of our players before/during a game has, in my 40 years of watching the game, never improved a player or team’s performance - have seen it motivate the opposition mind - so for me booing should be used selectively & always after the final whistle. But that’s just me of course.
English booing taking the knee. on 09:23 - Jun 3 with 3334 viewsonehunglow

English booing taking the knee. on 00:06 - Jun 3 by STID2017

Fully agree.
No place for bigotry of any kind in life or in sport

Indeed,now think about that which you post

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024