Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City 08:10 - Sep 2 with 1931 viewsSwansIndependent

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City 2nd Sep 2021 08:06
The links are always there for all to see, if they are looked for. At age 16 Olivier Ntcham found himself signed by Manchester City, and that set him on a path to becoming the player he found himself to be at Glasgow Celtic. A revered and much admired young player in France, It was the then sporting director at Manchester City who initiated the Ntcham deal in 2012. And it was the same sporting director who sealed things for him to sign for Swansea City yesterday. That person is Mark Allen. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 08:30 - Sep 2 with 1884 viewsThornburyswan

Decent article Keith & sums the situation up nicely, as you say it is a huge gamble for the club & to offer him a 3 year contract would suggest some belief on his commitment levels - could be an exciting few weeks/months ahead!
Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 09:30 - Sep 2 with 1804 viewsBadlands

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 08:30 - Sep 2 by Thornburyswan

Decent article Keith & sums the situation up nicely, as you say it is a huge gamble for the club & to offer him a 3 year contract would suggest some belief on his commitment levels - could be an exciting few weeks/months ahead!

3 years or he wouldn't have agreed the transfer.
Could be good.
Exciting times ahead

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 09:51 - Sep 2 with 1766 viewsCatullus

It is a gamble but isn't it always? Lets hope he has the desire to prove himself to get big clubs interested again. If he can show he is the player Man City thought he was he could be an inspired signing, or he could be a Hourihane!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 13:40 - Sep 2 with 1569 viewsReslovenSwan1

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 09:51 - Sep 2 by Catullus

It is a gamble but isn't it always? Lets hope he has the desire to prove himself to get big clubs interested again. If he can show he is the player Man City thought he was he could be an inspired signing, or he could be a Hourihane!

He seems the sort of person to want away if he had a brilliant season in the championship. I hope the club have inserted a buy out clause in his contract. £10m should do it.

All continental players realise the Premier league is the only place to be for a true talent. even a modest player like Amat said 'I'm off' when Swansea got relegated.

With out the buy out clause he could sulk. With a buy out clause Swansea can simply say play well earn a move and we will let you go. It is £10m and would see everyone happy. There will be nothing to discuss.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 13:51 - Sep 2 with 1556 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 13:40 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

He seems the sort of person to want away if he had a brilliant season in the championship. I hope the club have inserted a buy out clause in his contract. £10m should do it.

All continental players realise the Premier league is the only place to be for a true talent. even a modest player like Amat said 'I'm off' when Swansea got relegated.

With out the buy out clause he could sulk. With a buy out clause Swansea can simply say play well earn a move and we will let you go. It is £10m and would see everyone happy. There will be nothing to discuss.

If he’s that good he might spark a bidding war - or maybe he’d have got us promoted so he stays . Either way (same with all the players) we must have certain replacements lined up in his mould we can keep improving the squad with . I hope we keep scouts across Europe who could find us little gems like we had with Rangel, Bodde , Michu etc etc

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 14:04 - Sep 2 with 1535 viewsBadlands

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 13:51 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

If he’s that good he might spark a bidding war - or maybe he’d have got us promoted so he stays . Either way (same with all the players) we must have certain replacements lined up in his mould we can keep improving the squad with . I hope we keep scouts across Europe who could find us little gems like we had with Rangel, Bodde , Michu etc etc

Under FA rules following our leaving of the EU many of those gems wouldn't get permits.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 15:51 - Sep 2 with 1439 viewsdobjack2

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 14:04 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Under FA rules following our leaving of the EU many of those gems wouldn't get permits.

Exactly- it’s not really an issue for clubs buying established players from the top foreign leagues; the issues come for those who would have been looking for non-international players from lower level clubs/leagues.

It’s an attempt to prevent decent, but not top class, overseas players from taking spaces at championship and below clubs that could be filled by British players without preventing the big clubs from being able to sign players from the top leagues
Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 16:12 - Sep 2 with 1413 viewsDr_Parnassus

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 13:51 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Bidding wars don’t exist in reality, it’s a myth. Clubs are aware what the figure they need to pay is long before any bid is placed, clubs simply match it. It’s not an auction.

The only financial war between clubs in a transfer, is who will pay the player the most.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 19:20 - Sep 2 with 1307 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting that he's specifically named Mark Allen in his new interview on the OS. States that he's known him since he was 16. If there are any issues about Ntcham's attitude the obvious regard he has for someone in the management structure of the club should hopefully negate them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 20:02 - Sep 2 with 1256 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 19:20 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

Interesting that he's specifically named Mark Allen in his new interview on the OS. States that he's known him since he was 16. If there are any issues about Ntcham's attitude the obvious regard he has for someone in the management structure of the club should hopefully negate them.

And may help him feel at home straight away. Could have one of the divisions best players on our hands here Dr Winston

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 20:07 - Sep 2 with 1244 viewsDr_Winston

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 20:02 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

And may help him feel at home straight away. Could have one of the divisions best players on our hands here Dr Winston

We've been desperate for a player like him for at least two years. Someone to take no prisoners in midfield and drive play forward instead of timidly passing it backwards.

If he's anything like the player he was under Rodgers at Celtic he could make a huge difference.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 21:03 - Sep 2 with 1206 viewsmagicdaps10

Don't know that much about him, is he that type of player who can drive forward with the ball then? What type of player is he?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:24 - Sep 2 with 1131 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 21:03 - Sep 2 by magicdaps10

Don't know that much about him, is he that type of player who can drive forward with the ball then? What type of player is he?

Yes !

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:28 - Sep 2 with 1122 viewsAjack_Kerouac

I'll save my praise for when he does it in a Swans shirt.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:32 - Sep 2 with 1108 viewsmax936

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:28 - Sep 2 by Ajack_Kerouac

I'll save my praise for when he does it in a Swans shirt.

A tad sceptical then are you? think it's pretty much last chance saloon time at the age he's at, he's proved it before, but now needs to believe he can do it again, I think he can, but who knows, its down to Ntcham now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:38 - Sep 2 with 1096 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:32 - Sep 2 by max936

A tad sceptical then are you? think it's pretty much last chance saloon time at the age he's at, he's proved it before, but now needs to believe he can do it again, I think he can, but who knows, its down to Ntcham now.

I have no idea how he will do.
Obviously I hope he does well.
I just don't get the praise heaped on someone who hasn't played even 2 seconds in a Swans shirt...he might be the worst signing we have ever made for all we know.
Hopefully he's a good signing.

It is also confusing when compared to the criticism of someone like Jamal Lowe, who did a good job for us and actually scored 14 goals, which is not easy in the Championship.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 00:00 - Sep 3 with 1039 viewsReslovenSwan1

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:38 - Sep 2 by Ajack_Kerouac

I have no idea how he will do.
Obviously I hope he does well.
I just don't get the praise heaped on someone who hasn't played even 2 seconds in a Swans shirt...he might be the worst signing we have ever made for all we know.
Hopefully he's a good signing.

It is also confusing when compared to the criticism of someone like Jamal Lowe, who did a good job for us and actually scored 14 goals, which is not easy in the Championship.

Yes selling jamal might turn out to be a mistake. Hardly ever injured and getting better every season, proving the point that players can develop quite a bit late in their careers. if he turns into Jamie Vardy it will be a black day.

Ntcam is only 25. When Jamal was 25 he was playing for Wealdstone Borough or the like.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 00:50 - Sep 3 with 1018 viewsDr_Parnassus

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 00:00 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes selling jamal might turn out to be a mistake. Hardly ever injured and getting better every season, proving the point that players can develop quite a bit late in their careers. if he turns into Jamie Vardy it will be a black day.

Ntcam is only 25. When Jamal was 25 he was playing for Wealdstone Borough or the like.

“ When Jamal was 25 he was playing for Wealdstone Borough or the like.”

No he wasn’t. He was playing for Wigan when he was 25.

Before that he had over 100 appearances for Portsmouth.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 08:40 - Sep 3 with 924 viewsWhiterockin

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 00:00 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Lowe wanted to leave.
Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 09:23 - Sep 3 with 884 viewsPrivate_Partz

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 22:32 - Sep 2 by max936

Agree with both comments. I to think this is his last chance saloon. Best to reserve comments until we see what he delivers.
Reading between the lines I think that is his take on it as well. He is not pressurising himself and his main objective is to get back in the team and not be a bench warmer.
Seems quite a modest guy really and that is probably a good thing compared to some of the egomaniacs in the game.
I wish him all the very best. May take a few games but I hope it all works out for him, and us...

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 09:26 - Sep 3 with 882 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I don’t think Lowe will turn into the next Vardy. His ball control is a bit suspect and he hasn’t got Vardys explosive pace, let alone finishing ability.

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 00:25 - Sep 5 with 709 viewsBillyChong

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 13:40 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Never in a million years has winter negotiated a £10m release clause here
Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 12:45 - Sep 5 with 591 viewsWalterBoyd

Olivier Ntcham offered new lifeline at Swansea City on 09:26 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t think Lowe will turn into the next Vardy. His ball control is a bit suspect and he hasn’t got Vardys explosive pace, let alone finishing ability.

Lowe can 'Trap' a ball further than I can kick it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024