Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan.16m then 20:32 - Oct 13 with 1220 viewsonehunglow

Release clause which Newcastle willing to pay apparently.

Wow

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brendan.16m then on 20:37 - Oct 13 with 1209 viewsmax936

Got to laugh, when they first took over the Club they said they haven't bought the club to chuck millions at it, but that's exactly what they are going to do, although I doubt anyone really thought that they wouldn't.

The sooner the bubble bursts with all the money floating around these clubs with billionaire owners the better it'll be for all clubs. IMO

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brendan.16m then on 20:42 - Oct 13 with 1196 viewspencoedjack

Brendan has stated he’s not interested in the Newcastle job.

We all believe you ………
Brendan.16m then on 20:43 - Oct 13 with 1193 viewsonehunglow

man city did it ad did Chelsea.
Let's be honest, we'd have loved to be bought by people with that much clout.

I would have loved ,if a billionaire,to transform my home town club around and make it THE club for all south west Wales.

Brendan.16m then on 20:48 - Oct 13 with 1181 viewsmax936

Brendan.16m then on 20:43 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

I would have loved ,if a billionaire,to transform my home town club around and make it THE club for all south west Wales.

The benefits would be good, but it would ruin the club as we know it, again IMO

Brendan.16m then on 20:51 - Oct 13 with 1173 viewsmajorraglan

Brendan.16m then on 20:37 - Oct 13 by max936

Got to laugh, when they first took over the Club they said they haven't bought the club to chuck millions at it, but that's exactly what they are going to do, although I doubt anyone really thought that they wouldn't.

The sooner the bubble bursts with all the money floating around these clubs with billionaire owners the better it'll be for all clubs. IMO

The media frenzy and hype around the top 6 doesn't help, it just perpetuates the status quo. I am not a lover of Leicester, but it was great to see them win the PL and ruffle the feathers of the so called top 6.
Brendan.16m then on 20:52 - Oct 13 with 1169 viewsonehunglow

Brendan.16m then on 20:48 - Oct 13 by max936

Things evolve Steve.
I d love the chance to see us transformed. Despite what some say,I am proud of my roots and the old girl will stay with me until I snuff it.
Swansea is a large connorbation and its people deserve better and have done for some time.

Making it a mega club ,world wide renown would follow .

Liverpool without football at the highest level would be as of nothing as there is no other sport that interests the populace as a whole. The City hotels are full for every home game as are pubs /restaurants. This what HJ and his chaps screwed up.

Brendan.16m then on 20:52 - Oct 13 with 1169 viewspencoedjack

Brendan.16m then on 20:48 - Oct 13 by max936

Winning the PL, travelling all over Europe to watch us win the CL.

Maybe I’m shallow but I’d take it in a heartbeat
Brendan.16m then on 20:54 - Oct 13 with 1161 viewsonehunglow

Brendan.16m then on 20:52 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Winning the PL, travelling all over Europe to watch us win the CL.

Maybe I’m shallow but I’d take it in a heartbeat

Amen to that.
Little beats European action

so to speak

Login to get fewer ads

Brendan.16m then on 21:05 - Oct 13 with 1130 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

When did "they" say that, Max?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Brendan.16m then on 21:05 - Oct 13 with 1132 viewsDr_Winston

The bubble isn't going to burst. At least not for the PL. If anything it's going to expand even more.

As things stand the PL is Europe's top league. The equitable distribution of TV cash compared to other leagues has resulted in a competition unparalleled in its competitiveness. There are at least four teams who can realistically consider themselves contenders for the title. More if/when Arsenal/Spurs/Newcastle get their acts together. Compare and contrast that to the rest of the "top" leagues in Europe.

Almost total domination by Bayern in Germany. Juventus largely unchallenged in Italy. Given Barcas current problems only both Madrid clubs are likely contenders in Spain. In France it's basically all PSG.

The interest in the PL is only going to grow and grow. Forget a European Super League. It's probably more likely that other clubs will be invited to join the PL.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 21:21]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan.16m then on 21:34 - Oct 13 with 1094 viewsCatullus

Brendan.16m then on 21:05 - Oct 13 by Dr_Winston

The bubble isn't going to burst. At least not for the PL. If anything it's going to expand even more.

As things stand the PL is Europe's top league. The equitable distribution of TV cash compared to other leagues has resulted in a competition unparalleled in its competitiveness. There are at least four teams who can realistically consider themselves contenders for the title. More if/when Arsenal/Spurs/Newcastle get their acts together. Compare and contrast that to the rest of the "top" leagues in Europe.

Almost total domination by Bayern in Germany. Juventus largely unchallenged in Italy. Given Barcas current problems only both Madrid clubs are likely contenders in Spain. In France it's basically all PSG.

The interest in the PL is only going to grow and grow. Forget a European Super League. It's probably more likely that other clubs will be invited to join the PL.

Logistically speaking, inviting foreign clubs into the EPL means kicking out English clubs and effectively forming the Euro super league. Imagine if they invited both Madrids, Bayern, Juve, Barca and PSG and then told the Premier league clubs 10 of them would be relegated. It'd cause ructions and would never get the votes needed to pass.

No, the ESL will happen one day and those BIG clubs can have their league, their closed shop, non comeptition, all about the money league. The rest of us can reform our national leagues and have proper competitions again. Maybe one day.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brendan.16m then on 21:50 - Oct 13 with 1072 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan.16m then on 21:34 - Oct 13 by Catullus

Logistically speaking, inviting foreign clubs into the EPL means kicking out English clubs and effectively forming the Euro super league. Imagine if they invited both Madrids, Bayern, Juve, Barca and PSG and then told the Premier league clubs 10 of them would be relegated. It'd cause ructions and would never get the votes needed to pass.

No, the ESL will happen one day and those BIG clubs can have their league, their closed shop, non comeptition, all about the money league. The rest of us can reform our national leagues and have proper competitions again. Maybe one day.

It wouldn't happen all at once. One or two clubs per season. Creeping death.

Perhaps supporter opposition would stifle it in the same way as it did the ESL. Only time will tell.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan.16m then on 22:24 - Oct 13 with 1020 viewsmax936

Brendan.16m then on 21:05 - Oct 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

When did "they" say that, Max?

The spokesman, might have been more than a spokesman can't remember. said that we haven't bought the club to throw millions at the club, it was reported on Talksport shortly after the Talkover was confirmed.

I didn't dream it.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 22:26]

Brendan.16m then on 22:25 - Oct 13 with 1018 viewsBillyChong

Brendan.16m then on 21:05 - Oct 13 by Dr_Winston

The wheels are falling off the Juve bus
Brendan.16m then on 22:31 - Oct 13 with 1008 viewsmax936

Brendan.16m then on 21:50 - Oct 13 by Dr_Winston

It wouldn't happen all at once. One or two clubs per season. Creeping death.

Perhaps supporter opposition would stifle it in the same way as it did the ESL. Only time will tell.

The game is being ruined by moneymen, which ever way you look at it, Barca falling apart because of their debt, Juve another, how Real Madrid are getting away with it I don't know, other clubs are gonna feel the pinch at some point, Utd another, even though they can/are servicing their debt as of now, but for how long.

Brendan.16m then on 23:24 - Oct 13 with 961 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brendan.16m then on 20:43 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

I’d hate it, genuinely.

Would take all the joy and sense of achievement out of it for me. Would be like watching another club that I have absolutely no affinity to.

I think the biggest risk factor of destroying my love for the Swans would be some oil tycoon using it as his play thing. Can win all the champions leagues under the sun and I honestly wouldn’t give a damn.

I want us to earn what we get, that’s the fun of it. Not much of a challenge in buying your way there, and it’s the upward journey that is the enjoyable bit.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Brendan.16m then on 00:00 - Oct 14 with 937 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Brendan.16m then on 23:24 - Oct 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d hate it, genuinely.

Would take all the joy and sense of achievement out of it for me. Would be like watching another club that I have absolutely no affinity to.

I think the biggest risk factor of destroying my love for the Swans would be some oil tycoon using it as his play thing. Can win all the champions leagues under the sun and I honestly wouldn’t give a damn.

I want us to earn what we get, that’s the fun of it. Not much of a challenge in buying your way there, and it’s the upward journey that is the enjoyable bit.

We bought our way out of League 1. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Brendan.16m then on 01:01 - Oct 14 with 922 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brendan.16m then on 00:00 - Oct 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Spending what the club generates is fine, no issue in spending what the club earns naturally.

Being given hundreds of millions by an oil tycoon fudging the sponsorship rules isn’t quite the same thing.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Brendan.16m then on 07:08 - Oct 14 with 848 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan.16m then on 22:25 - Oct 13 by BillyChong

The wheels are falling off the Juve bus

Everyone else in Italy is skint as well tho. That's the problem. Juve hitting the skids might open things up to other clubs, but they're still going to struggle to match the Prem.

The main TV deal in Italy is worth 850m Euros a season. About half the value of the deal the Premier League have with Sky, and that's not including overseas rights, greater commercial reach etc.

The Premier League stole a march on the rest of the game in monetising their product (an ugly phrase, but hard to put it any other way) in the same way as the top US sports. I don't know if any other European League can catch up now.

Brendan.16m then on 08:16 - Oct 14 with 818 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brendan.16m then on 20:42 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Brendan has stated he’s not interested in the Newcastle job.

We all believe you ………

Why would he join a club who have not won a major trophy for over 60 years when Leicester have won both the League and FA Cup.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brendan.16m then on 09:52 - Oct 14 with 766 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan.16m then on 08:16 - Oct 14 by felixstowe_jack

Why would he join a club who have not won a major trophy for over 60 years when Leicester have won both the League and FA Cup.

Because the idea of founding a trophy winning dynasty funded by Saudi oil money would appeal to someone with a healthy ego like Rodgers.

I think he's more likely to hang on and see if he's a candidate to replace Guardiola first, but I wouldn't be surprised if this project enticed him.

Brendan.16m then on 09:58 - Oct 14 with 760 viewsonehunglow

So did I.
As I say,no fan would trun down success,short term or what.
We have still fans basking in our one season of glory in Europe at Valencia. Are we to believe that we would not enjoy seeing Juve,Milan,Bayern,PSG,Madrid etc down the Lib/Swansea.com.?

Brendan.16m then on 10:12 - Oct 14 with 753 viewsSkipTheJack

We didn't buy our way out of League One - that's nonsense.

We bought Rangel for about £20k, Scotland for not much more than that. I think Orlandi was a Bosman. Did we actually spend big on anyone? We were already promoted by the time we signed Ash Williams for £400k.

We got out of League One with a combination of a great young coach, some excellent cheap overseas signings, and a nucleus of players capable of playing RM's brand of possession football.
Brendan.16m then on 20:20 - Oct 14 with 547 viewsAlgorfajack

I certainly don't remember Man U being in league 1, when was that?

I do remember them being in Division 2 though.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Brendan.16m then on 21:26 - Oct 14 with 502 viewsmonmouth

Brendan.16m then on 23:24 - Oct 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d hate it, genuinely.

Excellent post, that

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024