Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January 15:37 - Nov 30 with 1966 viewsKeithHaynes

Problem is, he’s out of contract at the end of the season.
New contract offer surely ?
WBA and Bournemouth are interested apparently.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 15:59 - Nov 30 with 1789 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am dubious he can maintain this level of performance for the whole season. It could be all the pieces have slotted into place for the first time in his career, or he is currently in an unsustainable purple patch we saw with Miguel Michu.

Why is he doing so much better now. ?

I have no problem with Swansea selling 30 year old players as long as they invest in similar quality 22 year olds.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 16:05 - Nov 30 with 1771 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 15:59 - Nov 30 by ReslovenSwan1

I am dubious he can maintain this level of performance for the whole season. It could be all the pieces have slotted into place for the first time in his career, or he is currently in an unsustainable purple patch we saw with Miguel Michu.

I have no problem with Swansea selling 30 year old players as long as they invest in similar quality 22 year olds.

Give him a contract they may get what they want.

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 17:38 - Nov 30 with 1700 viewsCatullus

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 15:59 - Nov 30 by ReslovenSwan1

I agree with you. If someone offers us 2 million and we can sign other players, younger players, it is worth the gamble.

On that basis though we need to offer him another year.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 17:41 - Nov 30 with 1696 viewsmax936

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 17:38 - Nov 30 by Catullus

I agree with you. If someone offers us 2 million and we can sign other players, younger players, it is worth the gamble.

On that basis though we need to offer him another year.

2 million quid for Pato, hang on and I'll fuel the van up ready.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 17:49 - Nov 30 with 1682 viewsjasper_T

Take the cash and buy another two Piroes.
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:00 - Nov 30 with 1668 viewsKeithHaynes

I reckon we would take 500k.

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:10 - Nov 30 with 1646 viewsangryjack

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 17:41 - Nov 30 by max936

2 million quid for Pato, hang on and I'll fuel the van up ready.

Cist that to replace him with goalscoring midfielders
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:13 - Nov 30 with 1634 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:00 - Nov 30 by KeithHaynes

I reckon we would take 500k.

Russ would surely go ape if we sold him for that in January.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:18 - Nov 30 with 1628 viewsmax936

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:13 - Nov 30 by builthjack

Russ would surely go ape if we sold him for that in January.

Anything near 2 mill and we should bite the hand off the team offering that, a 30 yr old in the twilight of his career, its a no brainer, not saying he's not a tidy player and scoring a few goals, but we can surely replace is offerings with a younger player with more promise, probably two even.

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:30 - Nov 30 with 1619 viewsmagicdaps10

Was there not an extra 12 month option put into his contract that the club can trigger?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:54 - Nov 30 with 1587 viewsjack_lord

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:30 - Nov 30 by magicdaps10

Was there not an extra 12 month option put into his contract that the club can trigger?

I was about to say that, based on his number of appearances.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 21:02 - Nov 30 with 1459 viewsangryjack

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 18:18 - Nov 30 by max936

Anything near 2 mill and we should bite the hand off the team offering that, a 30 yr old in the twilight of his career, its a no brainer, not saying he's not a tidy player and scoring a few goals, but we can surely replace is offerings with a younger player with more promise, probably two even.

Money not everything ,when you find a player that fits into your system so we'll,why take the money when you could spun it on potential that just don't work.
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 21:54 - Nov 30 with 1394 viewsAndyCole

Selling Pato - utter codswallop.

The second name on Martin's team sheet.

The symbiosis between Pato and Grimesy is the thing of dreams for a Martinist. And understandably so.

The fact is, many Martin Plan A doubters turned when Grimesy and Pato took the initiative to instigate Plan B. Plan B is some of the best football we have seen in these parts for some time. Effective, purposeful, winning.

If Pato is sold, ( and Grimesy is replaced with Downer due to (internet warrior)fans' pressure )) , Martinball and Martin is no more.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 22:07 - Nov 30 with 1372 viewsmax936

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 21:54 - Nov 30 by AndyCole

The symbiosis between Pato and Grimesy is the thing of dreams for a Martinist. And understandably so.

The fact is, many Martin Plan A doubters turned when Grimesy and Pato took the initiative to instigate Plan B. Plan B is some of the best football we have seen in these parts for some time. Effective, purposeful, winning.

If Pato is sold, ( and Grimesy is replaced with Downer due to (internet warrior)fans' pressure )) , Martinball and Martin is no more.

Fans on this forum, won't force SCFC to sell any player, forums are a small part of the fan base, its a discussion point on here nothing else, that said, the SCFC hierarchy may find that being offered anywhere near 2 million for Pato at his age maybe to difficult to resist, its all hypothetical anyway, no such offer has been made.

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 23:05 - Nov 30 with 1309 viewsAndyCole

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 22:07 - Nov 30 by max936

Fans on this forum, won't force SCFC to sell any player, forums are a small part of the fan base, its a discussion point on here nothing else, that said, the SCFC hierarchy may find that being offered anywhere near 2 million for Pato at his age maybe to difficult to resist, its all hypothetical anyway, no such offer has been made.

You're right Max, glad somebody's got his finger on the pulse as ever, and maintaining a modicum of calm, collected wisdom in amongst all this drama.

Selling BergkamPatoson, beyond bonkers.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 08:02 - Dec 1 with 1168 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 21:54 - Nov 30 by AndyCole

A talented player but with more flaws to his game than most in our squad. A lottery win if we could pull 500k for him.
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 08:04 - Dec 1 with 1165 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 22:07 - Nov 30 by max936

Absolutely, and if they did I would be extremely surprised.

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 14:56 - Dec 1 with 1008 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

£2 million for his head? They can have it, he never uses it anyway.
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 20:56 - Dec 1 with 856 viewsmajorraglan

Not saying he’s not a decent player, but I think £2m for a Championship player with 6 months left on his contract is a bit optimistic and I reckon the club would cash in if they were offered that. The only clubs I could see being prepared to pay up that kind of money is either a bottom of the league PL club who think he could assist them retain their PL status or a top of the Championship team looking to consolidate their promotion push. Not many potential buyers. Other clubs can sit tight, initiate contact with his agent in the New Year and get him to sit tight signing him on a freebie in the summer.
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 21:09 - Dec 1 with 848 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 20:56 - Dec 1 by majorraglan

Not saying he’s not a decent player, but I think £2m for a Championship player with 6 months left on his contract is a bit optimistic and I reckon the club would cash in if they were offered that. The only clubs I could see being prepared to pay up that kind of money is either a bottom of the league PL club who think he could assist them retain their PL status or a top of the Championship team looking to consolidate their promotion push. Not many potential buyers. Other clubs can sit tight, initiate contact with his agent in the New Year and get him to sit tight signing him on a freebie in the summer.

There’s an option on his contract, but even if he signs it won’t stop another club turning his head.
WBA can easily triple his money.
It’s the type of club we have become in other clubs eyes.

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 22:46 - Dec 1 with 797 viewsAndyCole

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 20:56 - Dec 1 by majorraglan

Dear me.

So, from what you're saying a Prem team needing to stay up or a top level Championship team chasing promo should sign Pato. And you're happy to see him go ? How about lil 'ol Swansea pushing for promo ? What is that worth ?

This time last year, and the year before a team like Swansea would be looking to sign Pato. Imagine if we had Pato the last two years - the MGW we so desperately needed to get over the line. Nailed on promo.

A few posters seem to be losing the plot.

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 23:13 - Dec 1 with 782 viewsDJack

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 22:46 - Dec 1 by AndyCole

Dear me.

So, from what you're saying a Prem team needing to stay up or a top level Championship team chasing promo should sign Pato. And you're happy to see him go ? How about lil 'ol Swansea pushing for promo ? What is that worth ?

This time last year, and the year before a team like Swansea would be looking to sign Pato. Imagine if we had Pato the last two years - the MGW we so desperately needed to get over the line. Nailed on promo.

A few posters seem to be losing the plot.

Did you actually read his post or are you just posting your usual nonsense.

Please point out where he said he'd be happy for him to go... I'll wait for your reply.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 23:18 - Dec 1 with 774 viewsFireboy2

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 23:13 - Dec 1 by DJack

Did you actually read his post or are you just posting your usual nonsense.

Please point out where he said he'd be happy for him to go... I'll wait for your reply.

I'd advise anyone not to reply with any cohesive answer of their own as that what he wants.

Just retort with stupid stuff, it baffles him.
Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 12:35 - Dec 3 with 607 viewsReslovenSwan1

Another 30 year old forward goal scoring winger available for free was discussed on forums.

Borini has barely kicked a ball since signing last January. Affected by numerous injuries.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabio-borini/verletzungen/spieler/96754

Out on six occasions including Covid 19.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 12:36]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea put 2m on Paterson’s head for January on 13:06 - Dec 3 with 576 viewsSTID2017

If the club has any ambition ( and I believe they do) then they should encourage Pato to sign the contract and push for promotion.
If we do sell him in January then any hopes of a play off push go with it IMHO
Strange that some fans are talking about strengthening the squad with signings such as Rodon and Roberts on loan ( whether realistic or not) while others are happy to see a player who has added a great deal to our squad go for a pittance.
Personally I would rather see Grimes go.
So many fans have accessed the club of lack of ambition, yet sometimes our own expectations seem to match that imagined lack of ambition

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024