Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff 10:34 - Feb 4 with 826 views73__73

Is probably the best we can expect from this season.
I’d settle for that right now

Moved to football board.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 10:59 - Feb 4 with 813 views1983

To be fair anything more would be a bonus and at the start of the season realistically that was about what most fans thought so no need for the scare mongering really from some of the people on here.

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 11:16 - Feb 4 with 800 viewsbuilthjack

People sId at the start of the season that a mid table finish would be good this year. We are only a few points off that.
The double over Cardiff yes please.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 11:25 - Feb 4 with 795 viewsDr_Parnassus

I said we should be 10th-12th this season.

If we can get that and beat Cardiff that would be very good from here.

Mid table seems to have a few different meanings depending on who you ask. Some people would describe 17th as mid table. I wouldn’t.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 12:13 - Feb 4 with 766 viewspencoedjack

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 11:16 - Feb 4 by builthjack

People sId at the start of the season that a mid table finish would be good this year. We are only a few points off that.
The double over Cardiff yes please.

Yes me too.

I said a 12th -14th finish at the start of the season but performances lately have been down on what we should expect.

The frustrating thing is I believe its a pretty poor standard in the championship this year.
A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 12:58 - Feb 4 with 738 viewsvetchonian

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 11:25 - Feb 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I said we should be 10th-12th this season.

If we can get that and beat Cardiff that would be very good from here.

Mid table seems to have a few different meanings depending on who you ask. Some people would describe 17th as mid table. I wouldn’t.

24 teams in the league so mid pooint 12 pitch mid table 10-14th
above 10 top half below 14th bottom half
Split the table into thirds 1- 8 top third 9-16 middle third, 17-24th bottom third
so for me mid table is somwhere between 9th and 16th ( and thats pushing the evelope)

Its critical Martin gets us closer to the top third in order to persaude players to come here in the summer

The question is where do folks predict we will be in June 2023 with Russ having had two more windows and a full preseason?
Given historically he hasnt managed a finish above 13th in the league?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 13:03]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 13:51 - Feb 4 with 688 viewsReslovenSwan1

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 12:58 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

Split the table into thirds 1- 8 top third 9-16 middle third, 17-24th bottom third
so for me mid table is somwhere between 9th and 16th ( and thats pushing the evelope)

Its critical Martin gets us closer to the top third in order to persaude players to come here in the summer

The question is where do folks predict we will be in June 2023 with Russ having had two more windows and a full preseason?

Swansea got from league 1 to the championship under Roberto Martinez. He could nt get promotion have lost 3-6 to Blackpool in a winner takes all showdown.

The Sousa season could perhaps be seen as a transition season. He went even closer than Martinez with a weaker squad and no recruitment strategy. Sousa did not have the contact he promised. Lopez was a big disappointment,. He did however fix the defence with Williams Monk and Tate to the fore.

Brendan used this foundation and scrapped into the Premier league adding class forward Borini for the run in.

Martin may be able to take Swansea to the top 10 like Martinez and leave for someone else to do the next steps.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 13:52 - Feb 4 with 686 viewsNotLoyal

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 13:51 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea got from league 1 to the championship under Roberto Martinez. He could nt get promotion have lost 3-6 to Blackpool in a winner takes all showdown.

The Sousa season could perhaps be seen as a transition season. He went even closer than Martinez with a weaker squad and no recruitment strategy. Sousa did not have the contact he promised. Lopez was a big disappointment,. He did however fix the defence with Williams Monk and Tate to the fore.

Brendan used this foundation and scrapped into the Premier league adding class forward Borini for the run in.

Martin may be able to take Swansea to the top 10 like Martinez and leave for someone else to do the next steps.

Double won't be an issue this season. Poor relations.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 14:25 - Feb 4 with 657 viewsunion_jack

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 13:52 - Feb 4 by NotLoyal

Double won't be an issue this season. Poor relations.

The double won’t happen this year.

Please bookmark it if you like. Very very happy to be wrong.

But I won’t be.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 15:14 - Feb 4 with 613 viewsNotLoyal

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 14:25 - Feb 4 by union_jack

But I won’t be.

Then you will be very happy.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 16:13 - Feb 4 with 581 viewsunion_jack

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 15:14 - Feb 4 by NotLoyal

Then you will be very happy.

I’ll hold you to it😄

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 18:15 - Feb 4 with 489 viewsbennytheblue

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 14:25 - Feb 4 by union_jack

But I won’t be.

Your right…we will be above you also in the next few weeks. I think you might be getting a bit worried by March April but we will see eh? All the love, benj
A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 18:21 - Feb 4 with 483 viewsFlashberryjack

Before the season started I hoped/expected to be in or around the play offs, and a double over Cardiff would be an added bonus.

Right now, I hope/expect to avoid relegation, a double over Cardiff is still possible, but unlikely IMO.

Unfortunately, I see the latter for next season as well, sadly we are a club in decline, albeit a slow decline, nevertheless in decline.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 18:26 - Feb 4 with 480 viewsBillyChong

Martin might be forced into mixing it up a bit by then, as Cooper was the second half of his first season. There’s enough time to get PAP (Pato and Piroe) firing again. The fixture might come just at the right time.
A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 18:28 - Feb 4 with 475 viewsunion_jack

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 18:15 - Feb 4 by bennytheblue

Your right…we will be above you also in the next few weeks. I think you might be getting a bit worried by March April but we will see eh? All the love, benj

Don’t push it sunshine😒

😄

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 18:54 - Feb 4 with 449 viewsmax936

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 12:58 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

Yep, anywhere from 16th to 9th be fine from where we are now, assess the situation at the seasons end then.
We need to keep our nerve, we are where are now, we can grilse and moan as much as we want its not gonna achieve anything.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 00:02 - Feb 5 with 356 viewsDr_Parnassus

A mid table finish and the double over Cardiff on 13:51 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

''Martin may be able to take Swansea to the top 10 like Martinez''

Top 8*

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024