Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You lot.. 10:04 - Aug 21 with 1541 viewsKGriz16

If Obafemi finished against Rotherham, and those boys on the pitch had balls and kept Millwall at bay, we'd be top 6 so stop all going on about sacking managers etc. It's boring. Get some resolve. Booing the players, no wonder they cant win at home, petrified of all you lot not getting the 'entertainment' you all think you deserve. Yawn.
You lot.. on 10:06 - Aug 21 with 1251 viewsjojaca

IF.....

Even when you know, you never know?

You lot.. on 10:08 - Aug 21 with 1240 viewsJack11

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle
You lot.. on 10:09 - Aug 21 with 1222 viewscontroversial_jack

We don't win games and collect points on ifs
You lot.. on 10:14 - Aug 21 with 1177 viewsDr_Parnassus

If Norwich won all their games last season they would have won the Premier League.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

You lot.. on 10:19 - Aug 21 with 1176 viewsunion_jack

Given what we’ve seen for sometime now, the OP is misguided at best I’m sorry to say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

You lot.. on 10:19 - Aug 21 with 1177 viewsOptimisticJack

I have a feeling our away form this season will be much better than our home form.
A lot of tension from our fans, players low in confidence and expecting to be booed when a goal is conceded.

Optimisticjack

You lot.. on 10:27 - Aug 21 with 1152 viewsDr_Winston

You lot.. on 10:19 - Aug 21 by OptimisticJack

I have a feeling our away form this season will be much better than our home form.
A lot of tension from our fans, players low in confidence and expecting to be booed when a goal is conceded.

May be wrong, but I suspect our away form was better last year too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

You lot.. on 10:34 - Aug 21 with 1115 viewsTreforys_Jack

I respect your view, but we do deserve entertainment, its a result driven entertainment business. People don't get entertained, they don't go, simple as. Cooper was boring but got results, this fella is boring and doesn't get results. To keep doing the exact same thing over and over yet expect a different result is utter foolishness. Not won at home for how many games? Derby back in March wasn't it.
Login to get fewer ads

You lot.. on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 1093 viewsangryjack

Hahahahaha
You lot.. on 10:44 - Aug 21 with 1087 viewsmagicdaps10

It's fine margins Griz but the posters replying to you are right, it's all ifs.

But the positive is that there is something to work from and Martin and the players are the ones responsible for swinging things back in their favour.

We have a young squad, they are going to need backing and support to turn things around..........their confidence will be as low as it can be and they need encouragement for sure.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

You lot.. on 11:00 - Aug 21 with 1055 viewsdobjack2

You lot.. on 10:34 - Aug 21 by Treforys_Jack

I respect your view, but we do deserve entertainment, its a result driven entertainment business. People don't get entertained, they don't go, simple as. Cooper was boring but got results, this fella is boring and doesn't get results. To keep doing the exact same thing over and over yet expect a different result is utter foolishness. Not won at home for how many games? Derby back in March wasn't it.

It's a money driven business with a captive audience of season ticket holders. Revenue drops then more players are sold and less replace them.

Football fans are in the main habitual; the risk for the owners is that if they are not sufficiently entertained people break the habit and don't come back.
You lot.. on 11:14 - Aug 21 with 1018 viewsGixerJack

You lot.. on 10:08 - Aug 21 by Jack11

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

Not strictly true if you carry out a little research.

Wikipedia reckons that:

“Intersex people are individuals born with any of several sex characteristics including chromosome patterns, gonads, or genitals that, according to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies"
You lot.. on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 981 viewsTreforys_Jack

You lot.. on 11:00 - Aug 21 by dobjack2

It's a money driven business with a captive audience of season ticket holders. Revenue drops then more players are sold and less replace them.

Football fans are in the main habitual; the risk for the owners is that if they are not sufficiently entertained people break the habit and don't come back.

Alarm bells should be ringing when there are so many empty seats at games, be they season tickets holders not turning up or not, it's likely they won't renew next season unless it's on a really good deal like they did for this season, which was to be fair was a bargain, though doesn't quite feel like it at the moment.
You lot.. on 11:30 - Aug 21 with 958 viewsDr_Parnassus

You lot.. on 11:29 - Aug 21 by Treforys_Jack

Alarm bells should be ringing when there are so many empty seats at games, be they season tickets holders not turning up or not, it's likely they won't renew next season unless it's on a really good deal like they did for this season, which was to be fair was a bargain, though doesn't quite feel like it at the moment.

Don’t be silly mun, attendances aren’t down… apparently.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

You lot.. on 11:32 - Aug 21 with 962 viewsjasper_T

Millwall hit the bar twice. Rotherham had more shots on target with 1/3 of our possession. So often we end up looking back at games thinking "if only that chance had gone in", ignoring that the opposition had at least that many nearly moments of their own.

If Obafemi had the first touch needed to consistently put those chances away he'd still be in the PL.
You lot.. on 11:34 - Aug 21 with 952 viewsTreforys_Jack

You lot.. on 11:30 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t be silly mun, attendances aren’t down… apparently.

South West, South East, North West, South Stand, plenty of empty seats, whether a lot of them have been paid for and people just not turning up due the dire fare being served up I really couldn't say.
You lot.. on 11:35 - Aug 21 with 933 viewsonehunglow

You lot.. on 11:32 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Millwall hit the bar twice. Rotherham had more shots on target with 1/3 of our possession. So often we end up looking back at games thinking "if only that chance had gone in", ignoring that the opposition had at least that many nearly moments of their own.

If Obafemi had the first touch needed to consistently put those chances away he'd still be in the PL.

Rotherham could have won and Blackpool missed a hatful too

Millwall will be annoyed they didnt win
Luton did.

Blackburn too the urine.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

You lot.. on 11:42 - Aug 21 with 941 viewsdobjack2

Still August so there will be people on holiday etc. so I don't think the owners will be panicking yet.

However I would expect that attendances both paper and actual are watched very carefully just like any revenue stream.
You lot.. on 11:45 - Aug 21 with 933 viewsScotia

If it wasn't for a terrible Blackpool penalty we'd be in the bottom three.
You lot.. on 11:46 - Aug 21 with 913 viewsonehunglow

You lot.. on 11:45 - Aug 21 by Scotia

If it wasn't for a terrible Blackpool penalty we'd be in the bottom three.

But it was a good save
I thought Fisher has improved until yesterday.I actually feel sorry for him.
I'm too soft

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

You lot.. on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 836 viewscadleigh

The table after five games is meaningless. But let's look at how we have performed against the predicted strength or weakness of our opponents so far. This is based on one of those 'supercomputer' tables, and therefore is subject to as many 'ifs' as KGriz's original post.*

We have played against three predicted top half teams - Blackburn Rovers, Luton and Millwall. And got one point out of nine.

We have played two predicted bottom half teams - Blackpool and Rotherham. And got four points out of six.

So far, so last season.

*FourFourTwo's predicted final table for 2021-22 was off by an average of five places. Not great, but not terrible either.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

You lot.. on 21:01 - Aug 21 with 712 viewsvetchonian

You lot.. on 10:27 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

May be wrong, but I suspect our away form was better last year too.

Probably was as the home side will be expected to come out and attack us...giving us more opportunity whilst whe we are at home the away sides know they can sit tight let us play it around in our half and wait fir us to make a mistake to let them in...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

You lot.. on 14:49 - Aug 22 with 572 viewspencoedjack

If performances don't improve my ST seat will be empty for a lot of games this season.

I'm not wasting money on driving to Swansea to be bored for 90 minutes.
You lot.. on 15:02 - Aug 22 with 559 viewsTreforys_Jack

You lot.. on 14:49 - Aug 22 by pencoedjack

If performances don't improve my ST seat will be empty for a lot of games this season.

I'm not wasting money on driving to Swansea to be bored for 90 minutes.

They say a bad day at the football is better than no football at all, they obviously not seen a RM team play.
You lot.. on 18:28 - Aug 22 with 446 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Seven goals conceded in three home games does not scream fortress. If Blackpool had scored their penalty we’d be sitting on two points now at most.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024