Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice 17:04 - Mar 1 with 2615 viewstheloneranger

"In Hancock’s WhatsApp exchange with Whitty, the health secretary reportedly described the chief medical officer’s advice as “obviously a good positive step”, but he later responded to an aide: “Tell me if I’m wrong but I would rather leave it out and just commit to test & isolate ALL going into care from hospital. I do not think the community commitment adds anything and it muddies the waters.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/mar/01/matt-hancock-rejected-covid-tes

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 19:08 - Mar 1 with 1933 viewsonehunglow

Mum in law in a Care Home

This is stupefying

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 23:05 - Mar 1 with 1899 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Of course history is being rewritten with the benefit of hindsight.

At the time were very few reliable tests for Covoid so with a limited supply very few could be tested with only a few thousand a week being tested. Doctors Nurse and heath workers were given priority as well as patients in hospital.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 07:39 - Mar 2 with 1877 viewsBoundy

Mine passed away in one ,the scars will never heal

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 08:06 - Mar 2 with 1863 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This episode sums us up.

A minister revealing his messages with other ministers to an author, reprehensible stuff.
The author betraying trust and passing on the messages to a newspaper.
The media drawing all sorts of conclusions from a limited view of the issues without regard for those affected

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 08:58 - Mar 2 with 1855 viewsraynor94

What an obnoxious individual that Oakshott is

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 09:35 - Mar 2 with 1843 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 08:58 - Mar 2 by raynor94

Here she is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-64811140
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 9:35]

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 10:07 - Mar 2 with 1832 viewsGwyn737

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 23:05 - Mar 1 by felixstowe_jack

Of course history is being rewritten with the benefit of hindsight.

At the time were very few reliable tests for Covoid so with a limited supply very few could be tested with only a few thousand a week being tested. Doctors Nurse and heath workers were given priority as well as patients in hospital.

I totally agree.

Although I think there are lessons to be learned around the second lockdown and the linked restrictions, some seem to have forgotton how genuinley frightening it was and how little we knew and understood in spring 2020.

The release of the Whatsapp messages which come without any form of context is very unhelpful IMO.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 11:07 - Mar 2 with 1810 viewscontroversial_jack

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 10:07 - Mar 2 by Gwyn737

I totally agree.

Although I think there are lessons to be learned around the second lockdown and the linked restrictions, some seem to have forgotton how genuinley frightening it was and how little we knew and understood in spring 2020.

The release of the Whatsapp messages which come without any form of context is very unhelpful IMO.

You are spot on. Hindsight is wonderful, but it was scary at the time as we could see no end to it.

The lockdowns and masks worked well. It brought cases right down and gave the medical depts time to recover.

The Jury is still out on vaccinations. They may have mitigated the worse effects of this disease, but didn't stop the spread and didn't give immunity for more than a few months at best It's fortunate this virus has weakened. Science really had no answer, behaviour and discipline did far more imo
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 12:06 - Mar 2 with 1797 viewsswan65split

LBH just look at those in control at the time. i wouldnt trust one if them to fry an egg let alone run a Country.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 12:45 - Mar 2 with 1789 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 11:07 - Mar 2 by controversial_jack

You are spot on. Hindsight is wonderful, but it was scary at the time as we could see no end to it.

The lockdowns and masks worked well. It brought cases right down and gave the medical depts time to recover.

The Jury is still out on vaccinations. They may have mitigated the worse effects of this disease, but didn't stop the spread and didn't give immunity for more than a few months at best It's fortunate this virus has weakened. Science really had no answer, behaviour and discipline did far more imo

Interestingly, the Spanish flu, Asian flu and Hong Kong flu epidemics of the past all waned when the virus mutated to become less virulent and more transmissible.

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 15:48 - Mar 2 with 1767 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 08:06 - Mar 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

This episode sums us up.

A minister revealing his messages with other ministers to an author, reprehensible stuff.
The author betraying trust and passing on the messages to a newspaper.
The media drawing all sorts of conclusions from a limited view of the issues without regard for those affected

So let me be clear on your position.
An author assisting a politician finds what appears to be inconstistencies ( lies even) in what was said to the public and what was said between the politicians and advisors.
But you don't think that the author had a duty to make the information known to the mislead public?
Yet only yesterday in parliament Starmer was berating the government on supposedly spending £85 Million on a COVID Investigation and not publishing the results.
So do you or do you not want to know what actually went on during the decision making processes or not?
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 16:46 - Mar 2 with 1747 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 15:48 - Mar 2 by A_Fans_Dad

So let me be clear on your position.
An author assisting a politician finds what appears to be inconstistencies ( lies even) in what was said to the public and what was said between the politicians and advisors.
But you don't think that the author had a duty to make the information known to the mislead public?
Yet only yesterday in parliament Starmer was berating the government on supposedly spending £85 Million on a COVID Investigation and not publishing the results.
So do you or do you not want to know what actually went on during the decision making processes or not?

Yes, using all in the information, all the witnesses and all the evidence not just one medium.
Incomplete information leads to incorrect conclusions, Hancock handed all these messages to the inquiry last year, these is nothing hidden in respect of these messages.
The Covid Inquiry is Independent not a Government Inquiry. If Starmer was serious we would have an Inquiry in Wales and then I would not why I could not be there when my father died in Wales and I was not allowed to travel from England or attend his death bed.

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:52 - Mar 2 with 1714 viewsSullutaCreturned

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 16:46 - Mar 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, using all in the information, all the witnesses and all the evidence not just one medium.
Incomplete information leads to incorrect conclusions, Hancock handed all these messages to the inquiry last year, these is nothing hidden in respect of these messages.
The Covid Inquiry is Independent not a Government Inquiry. If Starmer was serious we would have an Inquiry in Wales and then I would not why I could not be there when my father died in Wales and I was not allowed to travel from England or attend his death bed.

The Chilcott inquiry was independent and that turned into a whitewash for Blair.

Hancock gave these mesaages to the inquiry but maybe the results wouldn't be published so the public would never know the full truth, just what the guilty politicians want us to know?

Not to defend Oakshotte here BUT is anybody defending Hancock? Because that would make absolutely no sense to me given what we know. He is still an MP despite everything, he is a disgrace, an imbecile and a person deserving of deep scutiny.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 21:07 - Mar 2 with 1712 viewsKilkennyjack

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 08:58 - Mar 2 by raynor94

Arch Brexiteer, of course.

The timing was obviously deliberate to spoil the Rishi good news.

It smells like the sort of thing that Johnson would do…..

Be a great day when both Johnson and Hancock are jailed.

Beware of the Risen People

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 21:29 - Mar 2 with 1699 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:52 - Mar 2 by SullutaCreturned

The Chilcott inquiry was independent and that turned into a whitewash for Blair.

Hancock gave these mesaages to the inquiry but maybe the results wouldn't be published so the public would never know the full truth, just what the guilty politicians want us to know?

Not to defend Oakshotte here BUT is anybody defending Hancock? Because that would make absolutely no sense to me given what we know. He is still an MP despite everything, he is a disgrace, an imbecile and a person deserving of deep scutiny.

He is dull as can be to employ this woman who has previous form for doing this sort of thing.

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 07:04 - Mar 4 with 1612 viewsmangohilljack

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 11:07 - Mar 2 by controversial_jack

I hope that post was tongue in cheek. masks and lockdowns worked?

Explain to me how they worked? They were there from start to finish (masks and lockdowns) it didn't stop any transmission ....the numbers were always up and down despite masks and lockdowns. I fail to see where you can say with any certainty they they worked?

They didn't
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 07:06 - Mar 4 with 1603 viewsmangohilljack

Midazolam Matt will go to prison one day for his care home fiasco
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 08:39 - Mar 4 with 1575 viewsGwyn737

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 07:04 - Mar 4 by mangohilljack

I hope that post was tongue in cheek. masks and lockdowns worked?

Explain to me how they worked? They were there from start to finish (masks and lockdowns) it didn't stop any transmission ....the numbers were always up and down despite masks and lockdowns. I fail to see where you can say with any certainty they they worked?

They didn't

How do viruses spread?

If the answers has anything at all to do with interactions than of course lockdowns work.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 10:16 - Mar 4 with 1551 viewsmax936

And Hancock isn't?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64844081

Two peas from the same pod, for me!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 12:31 - Mar 4 with 1537 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 21:07 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Arch Brexiteer, of course.

The timing was obviously deliberate to spoil the Rishi good news.

It smells like the sort of thing that Johnson would do…..

Be a great day when both Johnson and Hancock are jailed.

She’s a journalist. It’s her job. In an ideal world the Ministers and MPs would be absolutely terrified of journalists holding them to account. But the political and media sphere have become so entwined that it’s hard to separate one from the other these days.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 18:57 - Mar 4 with 1517 viewsbuilthjack

Another habitual liar.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 1504 viewsDr_Winston

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 08:39 - Mar 4 by Gwyn737

How do viruses spread?

If the answers has anything at all to do with interactions than of course lockdowns work.

Given what science knows about how respiratory viruses spread, the idea that forcing everyone to stay indoors and limiting their ability to go outside is perhaps one of the most staggeringly moronic ever devised by any Government, ever.

People should have been encouraged to go outdoors, not prevented from doing so. And whoever forced schools to close should be facing prison time. That's damage it will take a generation to undo.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 22:27 - Mar 4 with 1473 viewsmajorraglan

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 12:31 - Mar 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

She’s a journalist. It’s her job. In an ideal world the Ministers and MPs would be absolutely terrified of journalists holding them to account. But the political and media sphere have become so entwined that it’s hard to separate one from the other these days.

She is a journalist, but she was employed to ghostwrite Hancock’s memoirs so I’d have thought she would observe a duty of confidentiality regarding their professional relationship. Given Oakshott’s anti lockdown views, her previous involvement with the Huhne business, the fact she’s in a relationship with RIchard Tice the arch brexiteer and leader of the Reform Party I think Hancock was made to give her the gig.

The point you make about journalists holding politicians to account or not!! is well made, they are too cosy and are unlikely to challenge and expose as it’s a case of biting the hands that feeds them - we’ve seen similar down here when fans highlight the lack of intrusive questioning re the Swans. The most recent example I can think of where journalists have asked a politician searching questions was when Truss did the regional radio shadows and imploded.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 22:29 - Mar 4 with 1472 viewsGwyn737

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:41 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

Given what science knows about how respiratory viruses spread, the idea that forcing everyone to stay indoors and limiting their ability to go outside is perhaps one of the most staggeringly moronic ever devised by any Government, ever.

People should have been encouraged to go outdoors, not prevented from doing so. And whoever forced schools to close should be facing prison time. That's damage it will take a generation to undo.

Keeping people apart reduces transition. Limiting outdoor activities was daft but I still believe the first lockdown was necessary (even though some restrictions were not necessary).

As I’ve said before, the first school closure was needed. The second one was not.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 10:46 - Mar 5 with 1422 viewscontroversial_jack

The first and second waves were equally as bad, so lockdowns were justified for both'

During the Spanish flu epidemic of 1918 - which started in the USA. There was no vaccine or treatment, so masks, social distancing and quarantining was used even back then. Cities in the US that applied these measures did considerably better than those that didn't same happened here, those measures reduced transmission considerably and save many many lives
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024