Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasons to be Cheerful …. 01:16 - Dec 1 with 3905 viewsDylanP

Reasons to be Cheerful Part 1

We have the best form of all teams in the bottom half of the Premiership.

No team in the bottom half of the Premiership have picked up more points than us over the past 5 games. In fact, only Burnley have picked up as many points as us over the last 5 games but Burnley have a -3 goal difference and scored only 5 goals over that period whereas we have a +1 goal difference and scored 8 goals during those 5 games. And they remain below us in the table. It is kind of an amazing fact, especially seeing as we have played the number 1 and 2 teams in the division during that time, and not one that I would guess that too many people would have guessed.

We have two wins, one draw and two losses -- 7 points. Burnley have the same record over the past 5 games. Here is the form over the past 5 games, cut and pasted from The Guardian -- http://www.theguardian.com/football/premierleague/table

11 Liverpool 13 5 2 6 16 18 -2 17
Drew with Hull Lost to Newcastle Lost to Chelsea Lost to C Palace Won against Stoke
12 Stoke 13 4 3 6 13 16 -3 15
Lost to Southampton Drew with West Ham Won against Spurs Lost to Burnley Lost to Liverpool
13 Sunderland 13 2 8 3 12 19 -7 14
Lost to Arsenal Won against C Palace Drew with Everton Drew with Leicester Drew with Chelsea
14 C Palace 13 3 4 6 18 22 -4 13
Drew with West Brom Lost to Sunderland Lost to Man Utd Won against Liverpool Drew with Swansea
15 West Brom 13 3 4 6 13 18 -5 13
Drew with C Palace Won against Leicester Lost to Newcastle Lost to Chelsea Lost to Arsenal
16 Aston Villa 13 3 4 6 7 18 -11 13
Lost to QPR Lost to Spurs Drew with West Ham Drew with Southampton Drew with Burnley
17 Hull 13 2 5 6 14 20 -6 11
Drew with Liverpool Lost to Southampton Lost to Burnley Lost to Spurs Lost to Man Utd
18 QPR 13 3 2 8 14 25 -11 11
Won against Aston Villa Lost to Chelsea Drew with Man City Lost to Newcastle Won against Leicester
19 Burnley 13 2 5 6 9 21 -12 11
Lost to Everton Lost to Arsenal Won against Hull Won against Stoke Drew with Aston Villa
20 Leicester 13 2 4 7 13 21 -8 10
Lost to Swansea Lost to West Brom Lost to Southampton Drew with Sunderland Lost to QPR

What are your reasons to be cheerful?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 1:22]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 02:05 - Dec 1 with 3004 viewsLOTR

My kids are sitting an in class assessment. The room is dead silent. I'm at the front of the class and just let a fairly loud fart go. None of them even looked up and realised it was me, in fact i doubt many of them heard it.

I'm cheerful about that.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 02:36 - Dec 1 with 2989 viewsthemodfather

we must build on this win, start a run....we must be due a draw at swansea! then home games v wba and burnley are cup finals for us.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 04:42 - Dec 1 with 2932 viewsFredManRave

Great theme for a thread Dylan. Can't see it getting too many replies though as the theme of the moment seems to be reasons to be irritated, or such like and in general negative aspects of Rangers and life in general.

But anyway, here goes; I'm cheerful for being as optimistic as I've been all season in the possibility and hope that we will stay up this season and doing so playing some decent football and playing with an energy and fight that is a pleasure to watch.

Away from football I'm appreciative (more than cheerful) of the life I lead in general. Even more so when I see and read how bad it could potentially be and is for so many people.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 4:44]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 05:10 - Dec 1 with 2925 viewstimcocking

And crucially, we're just so much cooler than any other team. I always have a smug self satisfaction that i support, clearly by some distance, the coolest team in the world, even if we're not great at playing football.

This week i shall proudly wear my (last season's beautiful) QPR shirt whilst out in the day time, even f the sheep amongst us say such thing is not permitted.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 07:20 - Dec 1 with 2854 viewsDorse

Ended up 'downing' Tim's post by accident - now polite society demands I at least respond to the thread. Vargas and Isla - two reasons for great cheer right there. We look so much better when they play.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 08:09 - Dec 1 with 2782 viewsPommyhoop

We got Charlie Austin.
And pretty soon we will once again see a QPR player in an England shirt.
Its gonna feel weird.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 09:12 - Dec 1 with 2717 viewsstowmarketrange

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 08:09 - Dec 1 by Pommyhoop

We got Charlie Austin.
Its gonna feel weird.

Part of me hopes that Charlie doesn't get the call from woy.
If the stories in the papers are right he already seems to think that our club and £64k a week is beneath him.
We need him to do his best for us for as long as he can to maybe prove to the football world that he can score consistently rather than just for a few games in a row.
Lets not lose him too soon.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 10:38 - Dec 1 with 2675 viewsWeaverQPR

Id rather Ings got called up ahead of Austin so Charlie can concentrate on scoring goals for us. Selfish I know.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 19:56 - Dec 1 with 2565 viewsDylanP

Green -- Bloody hell has he looked good this year.
Dunne -- I just love him this year. He is immense.
Vargas -- Everytime he gets the ball we look exciting.
Austin -- He just cannot stop scoring goals. 5 goals in 5 games!

That is 4 reasons really!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 22:01 - Dec 1 with 2488 viewsCiderwithRsie

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 09:12 - Dec 1 by stowmarketrange

Part of me hopes that Charlie doesn't get the call from woy.
If the stories in the papers are right he already seems to think that our club and £64k a week is beneath him.
We need him to do his best for us for as long as he can to maybe prove to the football world that he can score consistently rather than just for a few games in a row.
Lets not lose him too soon.

Those under the age of about 40 may not remember when we used to get players into the England side, but I can tell you that back in those days players used to leave us specifically because they thought they had a better chance of an England cap if they did so. (e.g. Seaman.) Bardsley, who was loyal, more or less proved the point.

So be careful what you wish for. Charlie getting capped while playing for us would help prove a player can achieve his ambition bysigning for QPR.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 23:38 - Dec 1 with 2405 viewsMrGrieves

Danehoop's thread. Shows the best of our club.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 23:42 - Dec 1 with 2404 viewsTacticalR

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 07:20 - Dec 1 by Dorse

Ended up 'downing' Tim's post by accident - now polite society demands I at least respond to the thread. Vargas and Isla - two reasons for great cheer right there. We look so much better when they play.

You can up it back to 0 if you've accidentally downed it.

Air hostess clique

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 00:16 - Dec 2 with 2381 viewsbarabajagal

We're not bottom, and may be out of relegation places by Christmas, happy times ahead...
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 00:23 - Dec 2 with 2375 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All of the above, including the Danehoop thread.

Would emphasise the Austin-for-England point, which may sound odd coming from an Irishman but if he played for England it would be great for our standing amongst players, supporters, opposition and media. It would have massive benefit for our club.

Also - isn't it just great to see Rangers fans happy again?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 10:25 - Dec 2 with 2246 viewsessextaxiboy

That we havnt sacked the manager despite pages of "fugg ov outa my club " threads every time we lose away to a top 6 or form team .
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 10:27 - Dec 2 with 2243 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 08:09 - Dec 1 by Pommyhoop

We got Charlie Austin.
Its gonna feel weird.

There has ben a lot of hype surounding Aguero, Costa and Sanchez and how they have taken the league by storm, yet Austin has only one less than Sanchez. Hadn't realised that untill I looked up the top scorers this morning.Keep doing it on the "down low" Charlie!
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 10:54 - Dec 2 with 2223 viewsballbag

Reason to be cheerful - we have equalled the worst Premier League points tally set by Derby with 25 games still to go.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 11:11 - Dec 2 with 2206 viewsDiscodroids

Grey friars bobby still knocking em dead with his goals to game ratio of 1 in every 452 , whilst 'leading the line', 'working the channels', and 'bringing others into play' before falling over and shattering his pelvic bone into a million pieces

being in the bottom three, but having a greater goals to shot ratio than chelsea.

having a better PA than chelsea

having better catering facilities than chelsea

a breakout of good will between the klan and the badder meinhoff factions on LFW.

Bondy at last awakening from his locked in syndrome on a saturday afternoon

niko, despite being as slow and ineffective as ever, coming back to loftus road even better looking.

not renewing yossi and gary oniels contracts

not signing stuart downing

not tying down 'RIO' to a ten yer deal in order to beat off the stiff competition and gold rush for his signature

the finney posting at chelsea not being true, i grimaced at that one.

joe jordan still breathing

harold still retaining that timotei tahitian gold shine to his hair without the use of dyes..a modern day miracle.

alex mcarthy.jordan mutch.leroy fer.stephen caulker. not even scratched the surface with this group...build the side around them.the futures bright.

"Health service glasses, gigolos and brasses"
reasons to be cheerful 1,2,3
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 12:36]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 13:38 - Dec 2 with 2115 viewswhittocksRs

Charlie Austin. My man crush is reaching dangerous levels.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 14:20 - Dec 2 with 2080 viewsCiderwithRsie

Austin is the biggie.

Most newly promoted teams struggle with adjusting to a league where they don't get as much possession as when they were dominating the league below, face defenders who dont give as many chances, and opposing forwards who take every chance even when they've been shut out for 80 odd minutes.

Having maybe the best goal poacher in the league means we are always in with a chance.

Also, due credit to Redknapp, if we wanted to win the league I reckon we'd need a much meaner defence, much like the way we started last season. But in a league that we aren't going to win an approach like Saturday's where we win by the odd goal in 5 is I think the right approach. At least we aren't boring and we can be proud of the team. Please please please try playing that way away from home - we couldn't have lost any more games that way.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 14:27 - Dec 2 with 2069 viewsTW_R

We have over twice as many points now than we did at the end of Nov 2012. In fact, we've currently got more points now than we did on 31st Dec 2012.

We were also 8 points off safety on both of those dates with a worse goal difference.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 14:49 - Dec 2 with 2046 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 10:25 - Dec 2 by essextaxiboy

That we havnt sacked the manager despite pages of "fugg ov outa my club " threads every time we lose away to a top 6 or form team .

Ah listen, we're all happier now, but let's not rewrite history - we were playing utter crap against anyone we met and Redknapp couldn't stir himself either physically or emotionally to look bothered, hence the entirely justified calls for his departure.

If he returns to that sulking attitude, he should be dumped without hesitation, but for now we're doing alright and so is he. Hopefully it continues for all our sakes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 14:59 - Dec 2 with 2021 viewswhittocksRs

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 14:49 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah listen, we're all happier now, but let's not rewrite history - we were playing utter crap against anyone we met and Redknapp couldn't stir himself either physically or emotionally to look bothered, hence the entirely justified calls for his departure.

If he returns to that sulking attitude, he should be dumped without hesitation, but for now we're doing alright and so is he. Hopefully it continues for all our sakes.

+1

I would have been happy for him to go before the United match after the 'bonus game' comment, as I'm certain that attitute has leaked over to the players, and that's why we are so poor away from home. No confidence from the manager = no confidence from the players.

But he has us playing well at home, and that might be enough. We have to stick until the end of the season now.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 15:11 - Dec 2 with 1997 viewsHantsR

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 00:23 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

All of the above, including the Danehoop thread.

Would emphasise the Austin-for-England point, which may sound odd coming from an Irishman but if he played for England it would be great for our standing amongst players, supporters, opposition and media. It would have massive benefit for our club.

Also - isn't it just great to see Rangers fans happy again?

Yes all of the above and the subsequent posts.

I was beginning to forget just how flippin' marvelous it was to see a great match with players I liked and who look like they wanted to play for us. I had a big smile on my face all the way back down the M3 on Saturday and I was like a schoolboy scrutinising every report, every comment and watching every playback all over the weekend and even yesterday.

Just re-read Danehoop's thread - heartwarming and life affirming indeed.

I've also just come back from a great game of golf, had a very tasty pastie and feeling quite mellow with a creeping excitement about tonight's game.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 15:12 - Dec 2 with 1992 viewsrosseeles

I cant see why people keep going on about Charlie, he's scored some lucky goals, is hardly in the game except to accidentally score off his backside and has a knee that's ready to explode at a moments notice.

If someone could send that scouting report over to Everton id be very grateful
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024