Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? 12:54 - Jan 3 with 75947 viewsBathRanger

I haven't seen this question asked before but after reading this article:

http://www.sport.net/msv-duisburg-forced-to-change-winter-break-plans-in-turkish

(purely for football reasons of course ) and seeing that MSV Duisburg play in blue and white hoops, I wondered what other teams also play in a home kit similar to QPRs? Oxford City are one. Any others, here or abroad? Obviously Germany's World Cup 2nd kit was red and black hoops, but 2nd and away kits change regularly and I was thinking more of teams that always play in hoops.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 13:36]
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 20:51 - Oct 29 with 5862 viewsNewEnglandR

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj13K

Halifax RLFC

I remember this day at Wembley 1987 well. My beloved St Helens RLFC lost 19-18
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 05:58 - Oct 31 with 5785 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Look at this QPR like beauty from Duisburg.

‘Are you Herr Green in disguise?’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2018/feb/26/ingolstadt-score-while-du
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 13:31 - Nov 21 with 5656 viewsBathRanger

Great that this thread is (just about) still going.

Western Province Rugby in South Africa:

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 13:33 - Nov 21 with 5652 viewsBathRanger

And a bit closer to home, the infamous Chippenham Town U10s:

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 15:28 - Nov 21 with 5612 viewsMick_S

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 09:33 - Aug 19 by Monahoop

In Turku in Finland there is a team called Goose Park Rangers. Not only do they play in blue and white hoops, but their badge is almost identical to ours other than the Q is replaced by a G. I believe they were formed by a couple of R's expats living over there.

Found this Mona:

https://www.facebook.com/79742413610/photos/pb.79742413610.-2207520000.154281400

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 23:03 - Jun 22 with 5185 viewsTacticalR

New South Wales Waratahs

Air hostess clique

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 23:28 - Jun 22 with 5153 viewsBoston

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 23:03 - Jun 22 by TacticalR

New South Wales Waratahs

I'm waiting for the day this is inflicted on us at away fixtures.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 09:47 - Jun 23 with 5101 viewsdannyblue

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 05:58 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Look at this QPR like beauty from Duisburg.

‘Are you Herr Green in disguise?’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2018/feb/26/ingolstadt-score-while-du

Hoops vs Dennis and a nuts keeper. Fantastic
Login to get fewer ads

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 14:03 - Aug 14 with 4483 viewsR_from_afar

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 16:54 - Jan 3 by cyprusmel

I believe that Plovdiv, Bulgaria play in the hoops

"The stadium is also known as Plovdiv's Loftus Road - a tribute to the English team QPR, which plays in the same hooped kit as Spartak".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion_Todor_Diev

Another one: Carl Zeiss Jena between 1980 and 1983, including on their journey all the way to the final of the Cup Winners' Cup

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 19:24 - Aug 14 with 4369 viewsJogo

Deportivo La Caruna changed over to hoops.

https://images.app.goo.gl/h1aVaSt5cR6qUTDo6

And scrapped them pretty quick
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 19:26]
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 21:29 - Oct 30 with 3676 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half hearted

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 12:36 - Oct 31 with 3509 viewshantssi

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 14:03 - Aug 14 by R_from_afar

"The stadium is also known as Plovdiv's Loftus Road - a tribute to the English team QPR, which plays in the same hooped kit as Spartak".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion_Todor_Diev

Another one: Carl Zeiss Jena between 1980 and 1983, including on their journey all the way to the final of the Cup Winners' Cup

I’ve been to Plovdiv (not the stadium though!) when we went skiing in Pamporova.
I’ll have to make a point of visiting if we ever go there again.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 12:37]
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 14:07 - Oct 31 with 3468 viewsTacticalR

Sporting Kansas City

Air hostess clique

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 15:26 - Oct 31 with 3424 viewsgolborne

Love the city and gutted I didn’t buy this third kit on one of my many trips there. The club shop in the shopping centre next to the ground were selling this off and could have got the whole kit for about €40…

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 16:13 - Oct 31 with 3402 viewsBoston

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 15:26 - Oct 31 by golborne

Love the city and gutted I didn’t buy this third kit on one of my many trips there. The club shop in the shopping centre next to the ground were selling this off and could have got the whole kit for about €40…

Throw a bit of bleach in when you're next washing yer regular kit.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 18:36 - Oct 31 with 3351 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 15:26 - Oct 31 by golborne

Warning: Printer Cartridge Low
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 19:00 - Oct 31 with 3324 viewsJogo

NK Osijek in Croatia's top flight.
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 20:11 - Oct 31 with 3274 viewsBlameMcLintock

Norwegian second tier club Ranheim from Trondheim are this season playing in a hooped jubilee kit as a tribute to their original kit from 1921. The locals quickly named the kit "Sing-Sing" after the famous American prison.

I always thought the back of this model is something we should consider for ours...
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 06:04 - Nov 1 with 3178 viewsLoftgirl

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 13:08 - Jan 3 by BathRanger

Durrrr! Can't believe I forgot them!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 13:09]

Easy to do!
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 13:19 - Aug 28 with 2629 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 13:20]
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 16:17 - Aug 28 with 2492 viewsGaxZE

Oxford City
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 22:51 - Nov 1 with 2174 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 09:37 - Nov 2 with 1998 viewsMrSheen

Greece RL. Kept the score under a hundred at the weekend.
What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 09:54 - Nov 2 with 1970 viewsngbqpr

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 22:51 - Nov 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

That mini-stand placement is...interesting.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 18:57 - Nov 2 with 1852 viewsNewBee

What other teams play in blue & white hoops? on 14:44 - Jan 3 by FredManRave

Argentinean Rugby team shirt from 2011;

I read once that many rugby teams originally adopted hoops because the shirts made them look more muscular, whereas football clubs adopted stripes, since it made them look sleeker/faster.

Dunno if it's true, but there's quite a marked difference in the preponderance of hoops vs stripes between the two codes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024