Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarah Millican 22:39 - Jun 6 with 8306 viewsDorse

I can't be the only one that has a strange crush on her, can I? God, my mid-life crisis is really building up momentum. I'm about 6 months away from buying a Harley here.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sarah Millican on 11:13 - Jun 7 with 2373 viewsLowerloftLad

Saw her live at the hammersmith Apollo after QPR had beaten arsenal 2-1. I can confirm she is not funny at all

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Sarah Millican on 11:16 - Jun 7 with 2362 viewsDiscodroids

in the same league as marcus brigstocke as unfunniest cnt ever.

and that includes little miss jocylen , citizen khan, stephen k amos, russel howard and the dreadful shappi khorrasnadi, who comes from iran you know.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sarah Millican on 11:21 - Jun 7 with 2357 viewsqpr1976

Sarah Millican on 11:16 - Jun 7 by Discodroids

in the same league as marcus brigstocke as unfunniest cnt ever.

and that includes little miss jocylen , citizen khan, stephen k amos, russel howard and the dreadful shappi khorrasnadi, who comes from iran you know.

And the male equivilent - Omid Djalii (?) - 1 joke, and it's not that funny 3rd time round.
Sarah Millican on 11:28 - Jun 7 with 2352 viewsNov77

How to become a comedian in one easy lesson:

employ an overly stated regional accent.

like dat one from liverpoooel.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sarah Millican on 11:39 - Jun 7 with 2336 viewsMark1

'Arry Redknapp Top,Top comedian with SWP in supporting cast.
Sarah Millican on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 2299 viewsexiled_dictator

Sarah Millican on 11:21 - Jun 7 by qpr1976

And the male equivilent - Omid Djalii (?) - 1 joke, and it's not that funny 3rd time round.

omid djalili is of iranian descent, but born in london.
shappi khorsandi, on the other hand, was born in tehran like me.
in fact, she was also part of the same rescue mission that brought me over to london after the religious freaks with beards and long dresses took over.

in iran, it is illegal to be funny or laugh in public.
many people just disappear as a result of watching sarah millican on youtube.
it is also illegal to be left handed, homosexual, support manchester united, or own more than 6 goats, unless you are a farmer.
all these crimes are punishable by having to watch sarah millican on youtube with the volume on, and set to continuous repeat.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Sarah Millican on 12:20 - Jun 7 with 2273 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sarah Millican on 09:48 - Jun 7 by FDC

Katy Brand did an interview with Shaun Keavney a while back where she spoke quite persuasively about the vicious circle female comedians are stuck in, basically arguing that the prejudice that prevents them from getting the high paying tv gigs makes it more difficult to do the loss-leading work like travelling to festivals etc that you need to do to make it as a stand up.

Cameron Esposito, Kristen Schaal, Katie Mulgrew, Sara Pascoe and Katherine Ryan are all decent comedians off the top of my head.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2015 9:54]

I'd argue some bang average and even very bad females are given more of a chance than they deserve nowadays as someone or other will go mental if any panel show or stand-up night doesn't feature a woman.

Maybe it's just me but if I go to a stand-up gig, typically there will be one female act and three or four males. I can honestly say after many such gigs that I've never found the woman funniest or second funniest.
Sarah Millican on 14:16 - Jun 7 with 2174 viewswgchoop

Sarah Millican on 05:03 - Jun 7 by danehoop

Really? So you have to be male to be funny. Probably white also. Maybe from the south too.

Guess that makes you quite a sexist biggot to be honest. Best get back to Roy Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson to show us what funny is.

Just because he doesn't like female comedians this means he's a racist bigot ffs get a life !!!
I don't like red cars does that make me a member of the kkk.idiot
Login to get fewer ads

Sarah Millican on 16:51 - Jun 7 with 2067 viewsdanehoop

OK, clearly you failed to understand the post. It was underlining the stupidity of the sweeping judgemental statement that there are no funny female comedians, by making an equally ridiculous judgemental sweeping statement. Kind of like you have - but without thinking about it.

There are lots of tremendously funny or unfunny comedians out there. The gender, race creed or colour of said comedians is irrelevant to whether they are funny. Equally their physical appearance ability of disability have no relevance to their merits as a comedian.

That he doesn't find Sarah Millican funny is absolutely fine. I think she is OK, but now I'd agree with one of the other posters that she is perhaps over exposed and I think her material is looking a bit thin. I don't think her accent, looks or gender play any part in that. To suggest otherwise seems a very odd and frankly sexist comment and I stand by that assertion given his original premise.

Never knowingly understood

Sarah Millican on 16:56 - Jun 7 with 2060 viewsPommyhoop

Sarah Millican on 09:48 - Jun 7 by FDC

Katy Brand did an interview with Shaun Keavney a while back where she spoke quite persuasively about the vicious circle female comedians are stuck in, basically arguing that the prejudice that prevents them from getting the high paying tv gigs makes it more difficult to do the loss-leading work like travelling to festivals etc that you need to do to make it as a stand up.

Cameron Esposito, Kristen Schaal, Katie Mulgrew, Sara Pascoe and Katherine Ryan are all decent comedians off the top of my head.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2015 9:54]

Good old Marti pioneering for the cause.
She even squeezes out the obligatory racist joke .
But Eeeee the lass could sing..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sarah Millican on 16:58 - Jun 7 with 2058 viewsDiscodroids

i used to like stuart lee until i discovered hes a rampant left winger.

hes dead to me now..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sarah Millican on 17:05 - Jun 7 with 2049 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Sarah Millican on 17:47 - Jun 7 with 1989 viewspaulparker

I think stand up has got worse over the years I can name about 3 I would watch
Mickey Flanagan , lee mack and at a push Peter Kay
Had the misfortune to see Stephen k Amos once , Mrs P got free tickets and dragged me along
What a load of Sh1t, even to this day I use that experience to my advantage in any argument we have , also we went to see Alan Carr live and again it was awful, the highlight was the missus offering the woman next to her to a punch up outside

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sarah Millican on 17:57 - Jun 7 with 1978 viewsAgedR

Sarah Millican on 16:58 - Jun 7 by Discodroids

hes dead to me now..

Politics aside, IMHO Stewart Lee is in a completely different class.

He also must be the hard working comedian ever, he's always playing somewhere.

Saw his latest work for the TV show and will be going back in September to see it again. He self publiceses to keep the price down (£25). Even if you don't agree with his leftyness, I'd say fair play to that.

His '80s Comedian' skit about Jesus and Joe Pascale is probably the most brutally brilliant piece of comedy I've ever seen.

Oh, my main point is that his wife, Bridget Christie, is another example of an excellent female comedian.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Sarah Millican on 18:09 - Jun 7 with 1959 viewswgchoop

Sarah Millican on 17:47 - Jun 7 by paulparker

I think stand up has got worse over the years I can name about 3 I would watch
Mickey Flanagan , lee mack and at a push Peter Kay
Had the misfortune to see Stephen k Amos once , Mrs P got free tickets and dragged me along
What a load of Sh1t, even to this day I use that experience to my advantage in any argument we have , also we went to see Alan Carr live and again it was awful, the highlight was the missus offering the woman next to her to a punch up outside

Stephen k Amos should not be aloud to tout himself as a comedian and should be sued for false advertisement every time he tours.
on the positive side think there are some good stand ups like ones already mentioned also Sean locke,Jimmy carr and some good female stand ups amy shumer,Sarah Silverman,holly Walsh.
Sarah Millican on 18:21 - Jun 7 with 1899 viewspaulparker

Sarah Millican on 18:09 - Jun 7 by wgchoop

Stephen k Amos should not be aloud to tout himself as a comedian and should be sued for false advertisement every time he tours.
on the positive side think there are some good stand ups like ones already mentioned also Sean locke,Jimmy carr and some good female stand ups amy shumer,Sarah Silverman,holly Walsh.

He was painful , i didn't even laugh once and he went on for about 3 hours
Sean Locke is good although I don't find Jimmy Carr as funny as he once was,
Top one I've ever seen was Bob monk house he was at an old company's Xmas do and he was funny as hell

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sarah Millican on 19:30 - Jun 7 with 1839 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sarah Millican on 16:51 - Jun 7 by danehoop

OK, clearly you failed to understand the post. It was underlining the stupidity of the sweeping judgemental statement that there are no funny female comedians, by making an equally ridiculous judgemental sweeping statement. Kind of like you have - but without thinking about it.

There are lots of tremendously funny or unfunny comedians out there. The gender, race creed or colour of said comedians is irrelevant to whether they are funny. Equally their physical appearance ability of disability have no relevance to their merits as a comedian.

That he doesn't find Sarah Millican funny is absolutely fine. I think she is OK, but now I'd agree with one of the other posters that she is perhaps over exposed and I think her material is looking a bit thin. I don't think her accent, looks or gender play any part in that. To suggest otherwise seems a very odd and frankly sexist comment and I stand by that assertion given his original premise.

I gave an opinion that all female comedians are rubbish and for some reason you've got offended by that. I'm yet to find one that really makes me laugh either live or on tv.

I'm not saying her gender, looks or accent are why I find her so painfully unfunny, but unless her material has changed then just about every joke is about how hilarious it is that she's a fat ugly geordie.
Sarah Millican on 19:43 - Jun 7 with 1812 viewsizlingtonhoop

Sarah Millican on 16:58 - Jun 7 by Discodroids

hes dead to me now..

An atheist who sends his kids to a Catholic school.
Sarah Millican on 19:47 - Jun 7 with 1804 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sarah Millican on 20:00 - Jun 7 with 1786 viewsdistortR

Good news is, you've got a free run there, mate!
Sarah Millican on 20:03 - Jun 7 with 1776 viewsCHUBBS

Unless they possess as strange a mind as yours,i don't see how any one could decipher your pathetic attempt at irony.
The man is entitled to his opinion just like you,here's an idea! there are people out there who actually see the world differently ,yeah i know they're all wrong and you know it all but hey why not just allow them their right without thrusting your pitiful agenda on them.
Sarah Millican on 21:18 - Jun 7 with 1699 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

"There are lots of tremendously funny or unfunny comedians out there. The gender, race creed or colour of said comedians is irrelevant to whether they are funny. Equally their physical appearance ability of disability have no relevance to their merits as a comedian."

Unfunny comedians? Un feckin' funny? Are you for real?

I could name a billion unfunny, brown, female, disabled, catholic sikhs that are unfunny. Covering your bases there eh? Vote labour did you?
Sarah Millican on 21:20 - Jun 7 with 1692 viewsMark1

I've never seen 1 live I thought was funny either.

I don't mind Jo Brand though.

I don't find Eddie Izzard that funny either.
Sarah Millican on 22:36 - Jun 7 with 1621 viewsdanehoop

ok. You all win. Enjoy the board. I am not posting again. It been a good laugh in places but I increasingly find it difficult to enjoy posting on here with so few people who I genuinely agree with.

Never knowingly understood

Sarah Millican on 22:45 - Jun 7 with 1593 viewsPunteR

Sarah Millican on 19:43 - Jun 7 by izlingtonhoop

An atheist who sends his kids to a Catholic school.

Are there any atheist schools out there though?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024