Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players for next season 22:56 - Apr 10 with 13182 viewsScubaHoop

Please don't shout at me, I'm all up for training the players we have already especially with the improvements several players have shown under this new regime & I'm not looking for ten new players but it's clear that we do need a few fresh faces.

Who'd you all want?
Players for next season on 08:06 - Apr 11 with 3133 viewsDorse

I think the CB slot worries me most. If we aren't going to sign Angella, we're desperately short for next year in both numbers and quality.

With the exception of Hall (and probably Nelson who wasn't with us all that long) the club's record for buying centre backs over the past 5 years has read like a Who's Who of has-beens, never-weres, Kia Joorabchian mega buys etc. It's frightening when you look at the sheer number of failures. The club has to get it right this time.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players for next season on 08:49 - Apr 11 with 3093 viewsrsonist

I was surprised to read that Kevin McDonald's been bombed out at Wolves recently. Could be just the sort of experience and nous we need in the middle.

Would try very hard to hijack Adam Matthews making his loan at Bristol City permanent. Very experienced but still young, an engine up and down the right side. Shame we couldn't have swapped him and Bridcutt for Sandro, Caulker in January - Sunderland are giving them away.

Cameron McGeehan is a young rough and tumble box to box midfielder at Luton who looks about ready to step up. Absurd barnet though. Adam Forshaw at Boro is a similar player worth asking about but probably won't be ready to leave until next midseason window now.

Since the club bid for Emyr Huws in January I'd expect them to go back in this summer. You'd think Tozser is out and they want to share Faurlin's workload again. If that move doesn't come off I'd suggest Oliver Norwood at Reading who's always impressed me. Probably be costly however.

Think the success of Hall will see some more Spurs or ex-Spurs wash up on our shore. Grant Ward is a nippy winger doing okay on loan at Rotherham. John Bostock was linked with us recently, wouldn't hurt to give him a look I suppose. Is Alex Pritchard ready to give up and leave?

Think the club would like to swap Phillips for Calum McManaman - we'll be very lucky if we can pull that one off now.
Players for next season on 09:28 - Apr 11 with 3051 viewsElHoop

I don't know how many players we'll have left from the current squad - not many at all I reckon. So we will need reinforcements in all departments.

I terms of what we'd need even if we have the same squad as now, I would say that a right back is a priority. But so many will be leaving that i reckon that around 10 players will be coming in. I suspect that we'll need wingers, centre backs and midfielders. Strikers - we're probably OK but maybe a young kid as back up if we don't have one who is good enough already. It's hard to say without knowing who is actually going. JFH has earned the right to tinker around with the squad as he sees fit.
Players for next season on 09:54 - Apr 11 with 3024 viewsOldPedro

Best thing about this thread is people are generally talking about reasonable potential signings rather than some of the ludicrous ones we have made in the past few years

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Players for next season on 09:55 - Apr 11 with 3018 viewspaulparker

If we lose Phillips & Hoilett as wingers id like us to go for Bradley Dack at Gillingham he is going to be a good little player

Anthony Limbombe at NEC, 19 goals from 50 starts as a winger , could be a decent shout
Leeds had a million pound bid turned down in Jan

Rico Henry would be good for back up at Left back for Robinson

Romeo at Millwall (Jazzy Bs Boy) would be a good right back option

Hanley at Blackburn or Dunk at Brighton could be good with Hall at Centre back

centre Mid is where we are lacking imho we need a box to box player , get rid of Henry & Toszer and possibly go for the likes of Cairney at Fulham , Westwood at Villa , Bridcutt at Sunderland , Zac Clough at Bolton , also maybe worth getting a bid in for Nick Powell at Utd and getting his career on track

up top I think with Chery, Polter and Washington we would only need one more
so perhaps a cheeky bid for Lee Gregory at Millwall or perhaps Jonathan Walters at Stoke, yes he is 34 but could be a very decent signing at our level for a couple of seasons

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players for next season on 10:18 - Apr 11 with 2991 viewsDiscodroids

Players for next season on 08:49 - Apr 11 by rsonist

I was surprised to read that Kevin McDonald's been bombed out at Wolves recently. Could be just the sort of experience and nous we need in the middle.

Would try very hard to hijack Adam Matthews making his loan at Bristol City permanent. Very experienced but still young, an engine up and down the right side. Shame we couldn't have swapped him and Bridcutt for Sandro, Caulker in January - Sunderland are giving them away.

Cameron McGeehan is a young rough and tumble box to box midfielder at Luton who looks about ready to step up. Absurd barnet though. Adam Forshaw at Boro is a similar player worth asking about but probably won't be ready to leave until next midseason window now.

Since the club bid for Emyr Huws in January I'd expect them to go back in this summer. You'd think Tozser is out and they want to share Faurlin's workload again. If that move doesn't come off I'd suggest Oliver Norwood at Reading who's always impressed me. Probably be costly however.

Think the success of Hall will see some more Spurs or ex-Spurs wash up on our shore. Grant Ward is a nippy winger doing okay on loan at Rotherham. John Bostock was linked with us recently, wouldn't hurt to give him a look I suppose. Is Alex Pritchard ready to give up and leave?

Think the club would like to swap Phillips for Calum McManaman - we'll be very lucky if we can pull that one off now.

Amazed to hear Kevin Mcdonald frozen out at wolves, seems as if he is on his way To Rangers.

A premier league player in every department other than Pace.

I sound like a buddhist chant With theses 3 players on lfw , but Tavernier , Lansbury or Craig Bryson, Waghorn .

fold space and send to Geidi Prime : Traore, Henry, Angella, Toszer, Phillips, Hoilett,Gobern.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Players for next season on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 2971 viewsbob566

whatever happened to grego-cox.

Is he on loan somewhere or just not good enough. Thought he might break through.
Players for next season on 10:40 - Apr 11 with 2966 viewsrsonist

Jon Walters is a very good shout. Not sure they'll let him go now but worth keeping tabs on.

After Chery and Polter I can certainly see plenty more business from abroad. We were recently linked with this lad in the Dutch second division. Good name....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-battling-
Login to get fewer ads

Players for next season on 10:46 - Apr 11 with 2955 viewsrsonist

Hadn't heard about Jazzie B's son playing for Millwall.... I consider that a no-brainer signing regardless of whether the lad can play or not. Got to do it for the culture.
Players for next season on 11:15 - Apr 11 with 2899 viewspaulparker

Players for next season on 10:46 - Apr 11 by rsonist

Hadn't heard about Jazzie B's son playing for Millwall.... I consider that a no-brainer signing regardless of whether the lad can play or not. Got to do it for the culture.

He isn't a bad little player, very good on the ball , very quick and good in the tackle
he needs to fill out a little bit and his heading isn't great but will become a decent player with the right coaching

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players for next season on 11:54 - Apr 11 with 2865 viewsDANRANGER

Players for next season on 09:55 - Apr 11 by paulparker

If we lose Phillips & Hoilett as wingers id like us to go for Bradley Dack at Gillingham he is going to be a good little player

Anthony Limbombe at NEC, 19 goals from 50 starts as a winger , could be a decent shout
Leeds had a million pound bid turned down in Jan

Rico Henry would be good for back up at Left back for Robinson

Romeo at Millwall (Jazzy Bs Boy) would be a good right back option

Hanley at Blackburn or Dunk at Brighton could be good with Hall at Centre back

centre Mid is where we are lacking imho we need a box to box player , get rid of Henry & Toszer and possibly go for the likes of Cairney at Fulham , Westwood at Villa , Bridcutt at Sunderland , Zac Clough at Bolton , also maybe worth getting a bid in for Nick Powell at Utd and getting his career on track

up top I think with Chery, Polter and Washington we would only need one more
so perhaps a cheeky bid for Lee Gregory at Millwall or perhaps Jonathan Walters at Stoke, yes he is 34 but could be a very decent signing at our level for a couple of seasons

Some very good realistic shouts on here. However unless Walters is out of contract and willing to take a pay cut then it won't happen. Not too many experienced pros have worked out for us recently. Derry/hill but that was under warnock and chemistry was perfect.
Players for next season on 12:19 - Apr 11 with 2823 viewsrsonist

Players for next season on 11:54 - Apr 11 by DANRANGER

Some very good realistic shouts on here. However unless Walters is out of contract and willing to take a pay cut then it won't happen. Not too many experienced pros have worked out for us recently. Derry/hill but that was under warnock and chemistry was perfect.

Warnock was very much after Walters before Stoke came in so he gets that seal of approval at least.

I don't know, if Hughes goes on another shopping spree he could be surplus to requirements. I'm sure the relegated clubs would probably be all over him and matching his wage though.

Also Washington could be a similar player eventually so that takes priority really.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 12:21]
Players for next season on 13:19 - Apr 11 with 2752 viewspeejaybee

Players for next season on 09:54 - Apr 11 by OldPedro

Best thing about this thread is people are generally talking about reasonable potential signings rather than some of the ludicrous ones we have made in the past few years

Why not try for Messi.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Players for next season on 13:46 - Apr 11 with 2712 viewssimmo

A lot of these suggestions seem to be for number 10's - Lansbury, Clough, Cairney, etc. The last thing I think we need is another number 10 IMO, all of the above and people like Roofe would be great signings but we already have 3/4 players that can play that one position and I don't think we should get back in the habit of buying someone just because we could or we want them.

Guranteed starters for next season seems to be

------------------Smithies--------------------
?-----------Hall--------Chief------Robinson
--------------Luongo-----?-------------------
?--------------------Chery-------------------?
-------------------Polter----------------------

With Washington, Phillips, El Karate, Doughty, Gladwin, etc we have plenty of others in contention to fill the blanks or be the back-ups, but in terms of what we really NEED;

A RB, a big ugly CB, a box to box midfielder and dependent on who goes, a winger or 2. I also think it's worth trying to get a holding/Henry type player as an option in the middle.

Players I have coveted a while would be James Henry, Adomah, Bridcutt, Iorfa. They would fill some of what we need too. The box to box one is difficult...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players for next season on 14:12 - Apr 11 with 2683 viewss1cRanger

Players I would welcome at Loftus Road next season and think they could be good additions:

Alex Pritchard - West Bromwich Albion (on loan from Spurs)
Max Gradel - Bournemouth
Will Hughes - Derby
Joel Ward - Crystal Palace
Adam Clayton - Boro
Gaëtan Bong - Brighton
Ben Mee - Burnley
Adam Armstrong - Coventry (on loan from Newcastle)
Players for next season on 14:31 - Apr 11 with 2590 viewssimmo

Players for next season on 14:12 - Apr 11 by s1cRanger

Players I would welcome at Loftus Road next season and think they could be good additions:

Alex Pritchard - West Bromwich Albion (on loan from Spurs)
Max Gradel - Bournemouth
Will Hughes - Derby
Joel Ward - Crystal Palace
Adam Clayton - Boro
Gaëtan Bong - Brighton
Ben Mee - Burnley
Adam Armstrong - Coventry (on loan from Newcastle)

None of those are realistic IMO. Maybe a couple by next Janusary if they are being left out the PL squads

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players for next season on 15:07 - Apr 11 with 2540 viewsadhoc_qpr

Players for next season on 14:31 - Apr 11 by simmo

None of those are realistic IMO. Maybe a couple by next Janusary if they are being left out the PL squads

Agree, we'd be a backward step in every case for those listed!

Only Armstrong isn't already playing at this level or better for a bigger club, but i'd expect him to be in Newcastle's first team after relegation next season.
Players for next season on 17:29 - Apr 11 with 2438 viewsderbyhoop

Players for next season on 00:29 - Apr 11 by HollowayRanger

big centreback

that's sorted

caulkers coming home!

sandro and fer following

People have been hung, drawn and quartered for less contentious remarks.

Sadly, the former (Caulker) is probably true. I think the other 2 will be gone..

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players for next season on 18:00 - Apr 11 with 2418 viewsJigsore

Players for next season on 17:29 - Apr 11 by derbyhoop

People have been hung, drawn and quartered for less contentious remarks.

Sadly, the former (Caulker) is probably true. I think the other 2 will be gone..

nah no one will take Caulker, I can't believe Liverpool actually thought it was worth a punt

he's not beyond help though. A bit of therapy from Jimmy and some pre-season exposure to our hard grafters and he could reignite his career here in the second tier

or we could sew him into a sack and dump him into a canal at Villa away next year

one of the two i'm sure

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Players for next season on 18:43 - Apr 11 with 2382 viewseghamranger

Players for next season on 18:00 - Apr 11 by Jigsore

nah no one will take Caulker, I can't believe Liverpool actually thought it was worth a punt

he's not beyond help though. A bit of therapy from Jimmy and some pre-season exposure to our hard grafters and he could reignite his career here in the second tier

or we could sew him into a sack and dump him into a canal at Villa away next year

one of the two i'm sure

I'm with you re caulker. I reckon JFH could help/sort him out. Get shot of Sandro and Fer.

Some good suggestions on here Harriott, Pritchard, Adomah, Clarke Harris
Players for next season on 19:46 - Apr 11 with 2337 viewsDANRANGER

Read an article by hoos suggesting we look at players not making the grade at elite clubs ala what burnley have done and it's a fair shout. They have huge squads and we should target players who have had decent coaching who now want to make the grade. For example clayton at boro looks a real class act and was picked up cheap from city so there will be others of such quality. Otherwise it's lower league as there are so many better options than us and we are no longer a good pay day. Scout for specific roles not just because a player is available and no need to get desperate and pay over the odds.

There's plenty of talent out there and I trust JFH to get it right. As long as we keep on improving with decent additions then we should continue to think long term and give him time as going to be tougher championship next year.
Players for next season on 20:11 - Apr 11 with 2313 viewsrsonist

Players for next season on 19:46 - Apr 11 by DANRANGER

Read an article by hoos suggesting we look at players not making the grade at elite clubs ala what burnley have done and it's a fair shout. They have huge squads and we should target players who have had decent coaching who now want to make the grade. For example clayton at boro looks a real class act and was picked up cheap from city so there will be others of such quality. Otherwise it's lower league as there are so many better options than us and we are no longer a good pay day. Scout for specific roles not just because a player is available and no need to get desperate and pay over the odds.

There's plenty of talent out there and I trust JFH to get it right. As long as we keep on improving with decent additions then we should continue to think long term and give him time as going to be tougher championship next year.

Absolutely. The "secondary market" if you like is just as important as producing our own players and will only become more so as Prem clubs get richer, hoover up more talent, and stay risk-averse. Most of the lower league gems we talk about are former EPL graduates anyway - they're not all former brickies and postmen.

Clayton actually isn't the best example because he left City when he was 21 and it still took him another four years to mature before Boro bought him for a couple of million. They also swapped a player for him, Danny Butterfield, who Hudds sold on to Derby for £4m a year later. So it really doesn't always click for players straight away.
Players for next season on 20:55 - Apr 11 with 2262 viewsNorthLondonR

Players for next season on 18:43 - Apr 11 by eghamranger

I'm with you re caulker. I reckon JFH could help/sort him out. Get shot of Sandro and Fer.

Some good suggestions on here Harriott, Pritchard, Adomah, Clarke Harris

Good news whilst begrudgingly listening to talksh1te earlier when a swans fan texted in to say something on the lines of "no coincidence that we are playing well and picking up results since moving Shelvey onto Newcastle and bringing in the excellent Fer"...

Has there ever been a club however who have enacted a loan with a view to a permanent transfer deal?
Players for next season on 20:57 - Apr 11 with 2261 viewsstevec

Agree. No more League One gambles please, we've got more than enough already.
Players for next season on 21:08 - Apr 11 with 2232 viewsQPRDave

Agree with your post Dan, but as always not all that glitters turns into gold, I'm thinking the Man Utd kid Keane was it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024