Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565433 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 10:59 - Aug 8 with 5458 viewsozexile

Just started The Sandman. Not really into fantasy tv but enjoyed ep 1.
Half decent tv on 23:04 - Aug 11 with 5238 viewsRanger_Things

One for the 90’s Hip Hop heads: Wu-Tang An American Saga on Disney.
Half decent tv on 05:37 - Aug 12 with 5146 viewsOutWestR

Half decent tv on 08:16 - Aug 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Getting to the end of Better Call Saul, which has been superb in every way. Last week's episode was the first merge with Breaking Bad and - I thought - the worse for it.

It jarred a bit I thought. But it did make me go back and watch the ‘Better Call Saul’ episode of BB to remind myself of their first meeting. Interesting to see Saul’s appearance on BB for the first time - wouldn’t have put it down as spin off material, but it’s been excellent.
I thought the brief crossover in this week’s episode was better. Gutted there’s only one more episode to go…
Half decent tv on 06:53 - Aug 12 with 5126 viewsdmm

Half decent tv on 10:59 - Aug 8 by ozexile

Just started The Sandman. Not really into fantasy tv but enjoyed ep 1.

Yep, I'm watching Sandman and enjoying it too. Neil Gaiman has an incredibly fertile and creative mind and I've enjoyed a few of his books in the past, particularly 'Neverwhere' as it is set in 'London Below'.
Half decent tv on 07:53 - Aug 12 with 5087 viewsPhildo

Under the banner of heaven on disney plus. A true story of a murder tied up with radical mormonism - which I knew nothing about. Andrew Garfield etc very good in it.
Half decent tv on 10:04 - Aug 13 with 4952 viewstraininvain

I know it’s been mentioned already but Better Call Saul just gets better and better imho. This week’s penultimate episode was possibly its best ever. Bring on the series finale next week!
Half decent tv on 10:40 - Aug 13 with 4915 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Half decent tv on 06:53 - Aug 12 by dmm

Yep, I'm watching Sandman and enjoying it too. Neil Gaiman has an incredibly fertile and creative mind and I've enjoyed a few of his books in the past, particularly 'Neverwhere' as it is set in 'London Below'.

The first half of the series is very good, the second half not so good. Really didn't understand the gender swapping of Constantine's character, that felt felt very forced as he is such an iconic character in the DC universe, but the whole show is rife with a heavy dose of intersectionality so I suppose they had their reasons unless they didn't have the rights. The girl who plays Rose Walker is not the greatest actor and that arc really suffers for it, but the Death episode was really good (even though they radically changed her appearance too but that didn't bother me at all) and Hammersmith Bridge even makes an appearance!
Half decent tv on 11:40 - Aug 15 with 4736 viewsTacticalR

Extraordinary Attorney Woo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_Attorney_Woo

It's being broadcast simultaneously on Netflix and a Korean TV channel. It's the second most popular TV series in Korea.
https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/08/drama-viewership-ratings-aug-1-7-2022/

Sugary stuff by Western standards, and I don't think there's much point in getting into whether its portrait of autism is realistic, but I'm finding it really enjoyable (and quite moving).

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 18:08 - Aug 17 with 4546 viewsWatfordR

Watched the last episode of Better Call Saul, and I have to say I thought it was a magnificent end to a show that I enjoyed more and more with each passing series. Others have commented before about how much easier it was to care about the characters than with Breaking Bad, and I think that's spot on.

I believe the show has never won an Emmy, but that's surely going to be put right this year.
Half decent tv on 00:00 - Aug 18 with 4479 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 18:08 - Aug 17 by WatfordR

Watched the last episode of Better Call Saul, and I have to say I thought it was a magnificent end to a show that I enjoyed more and more with each passing series. Others have commented before about how much easier it was to care about the characters than with Breaking Bad, and I think that's spot on.

I believe the show has never won an Emmy, but that's surely going to be put right this year.

am just starting season 3 of that, looking forward to seeing how it ends
Half decent tv on 08:57 - Aug 18 with 4406 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm watching the Spanish 'El Cid' on Amazon. I'm on series 2 really, really enjoying it.

Urraca...kaka *in Vic Reeves voice*

#Dusky

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 09:15 - Aug 18 with 4387 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 08:57 - Aug 18 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm watching the Spanish 'El Cid' on Amazon. I'm on series 2 really, really enjoying it.

Urraca...kaka *in Vic Reeves voice*

#Dusky

That's Colin Farrell, ya?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 09:19 - Aug 18 with 4372 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 09:15 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

That's Colin Farrell, ya?

Possibly.

Half decent tv on 09:25 - Aug 18 with 4369 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok. Maybe not.

Half decent tv on 10:30 - Aug 22 with 4173 viewsRanger_Things

House of the Dragon first episode was alright.
Half decent tv on 12:39 - Aug 22 with 4098 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 19:22 - Jul 10 by daveB

The Offer on Paramount+ is really good. Drama about the making of the Godfather. The casting is superb especially whoever is playing Al Pacinio, that was freaky how much like him he was

This was really good but if you are doing a mini series on the making of The Godfather, it had to be. A few 'for dramatic effect' liberties taken but nothing that detracted from the main characters and their pursuit for perfection.

I haven't finished watching The Lazarus Project, The Undeclared War and Black Bird yet (I don't expect the first two to blow me away but Black Bird is looking promising) but this was the best thing I've seen for a while.
Half decent tv on 12:45 - Aug 22 with 4080 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 12:39 - Aug 22 by GaryT

This was really good but if you are doing a mini series on the making of The Godfather, it had to be. A few 'for dramatic effect' liberties taken but nothing that detracted from the main characters and their pursuit for perfection.

I haven't finished watching The Lazarus Project, The Undeclared War and Black Bird yet (I don't expect the first two to blow me away but Black Bird is looking promising) but this was the best thing I've seen for a while.

Black bird was very good. Also worth a watch on Apple, Five days at memorial and Bad Sisters.
Half decent tv on 12:53 - Aug 23 with 3871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Finally watched the last episode of 'Better Call saul' last night.
Nicely wrapped up, I thought.
Overall, one of my favourite programmes of modern times, and heartily recommended.

Half decent tv on 02:29 - Aug 24 with 3696 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 18:08 - Aug 17 by WatfordR

The ending was outstanding, and emotional.
Half decent tv on 02:34 - Aug 24 with 3685 viewsSydneyRs

Anyone watched 'Marriage' with Sean Bean and Nicola Walker?

For me, it is compelling and at times really uncomfortable viewing. Has elements of The Office style long pauses and is quite dark but at the same time does have lighter moments. For a lot of it nothing really happens but that's kind of the point.

I've watched 3 episodes so far. Its definitely a bit different and won't be to everyone's taste.
Half decent tv on 10:04 - Aug 24 with 3563 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was going to watch this but started the 'Crackow Monsters' which is great fun.

I'm glad I didn't. *contains spoilers*

Half decent tv on 10:20 - Aug 24 with 3537 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 10:04 - Aug 24 by Metallica_Hoop

I was going to watch this but started the 'Crackow Monsters' which is great fun.

I'm glad I didn't. *contains spoilers*

The Critical Drinker on YouTube is great. He really went to town on Kenobi

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 10:21 - Aug 24 with 3537 viewsHAYESBOY

Under The Banner of Heaven is now on Disney+. Very good. Based on true events.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 11:04 - Aug 24 with 3484 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 02:34 - Aug 24 by SydneyRs

Anyone watched 'Marriage' with Sean Bean and Nicola Walker?

For me, it is compelling and at times really uncomfortable viewing. Has elements of The Office style long pauses and is quite dark but at the same time does have lighter moments. For a lot of it nothing really happens but that's kind of the point.

I've watched 3 episodes so far. Its definitely a bit different and won't be to everyone's taste.

Good call, it has been superb in my humble opinion. It reminds me of a Beckett play in some ways.

There are some incredibly mundane, but well observed and highly realistic, scenes, and the series delves into how people treat each other, manipulate each other, and push their own agendas.

It has bravely examined themes like envy, loss of self-worth, selfishness, and paranoia.

I've found it gripping but as you say, much of it is dark and the way it explores the characters' fears and feelings does make it uncomfortable at times.

Many would say it's dull viewing but there are moments of tension and drama and to introduce any more would take away a lot of the brutal realism.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 11:07 - Aug 24 with 3468 viewsrobith

I never hear anyone talk about it, but Westworld is really really good
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024