Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565382 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 17:01 - Dec 19 with 6445 viewsLblock

Just started SAS Rogue Heroes.

Love it.

Richard from The Inbetweeners has certainly bulked up

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 22:01 - Dec 19 with 6290 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 11:49 - Dec 19 by MrSheen

Great tip. Really into it now, so dark. Do you think Ellen Barkin got the terrible cosmetic surgery specially for the part?

I did wonder. The crazy thing is, it actually makes her look older! Incredible acting though. And yes, it is deliciously dark. And it gets darker.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 04:10 - Dec 21 with 5999 viewsLadbrokeR

Just binge watched the recruit on Netflix. It’s all about a lawyer Owen Hendricks who works for the CIA and how he becomes involved in the field. I thought it was quite good.
Half decent tv on 06:38 - Dec 21 with 5945 viewsHAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 04:10 - Dec 21 by LadbrokeR

Just binge watched the recruit on Netflix. It’s all about a lawyer Owen Hendricks who works for the CIA and how he becomes involved in the field. I thought it was quite good.

I watched the first two and wasn't that bothered. Gave it a chance and it got better. Just need to watch final episode tonight.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 07:09 - Dec 21 with 5927 viewsbollockchops

The Singing Detective is on bbc i player at the mo ,thats xmas snorted !!
Half decent tv on 14:01 - Dec 28 with 5523 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm glad I gave this a miss.

I just watched Cabinet of Curiosities on Netfix which was superb.
The one with Robocop as a 70's guru felt like it was made in 1979! Great stuff I enjoyed all 10 episodes.

Betaal is good fun too, easy going anglo-indian Zombie story where 1857 British zombie soldiers go on a rampage. It's very entertaining with some decent one liners.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 14:43 - Dec 28 with 5476 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 20:03 - Jun 1 by Ranger_Things

I think that was me.
If you haven't already then check out Snowfall. It's about the 80's LA crack epidemic fuelled by the CIA. 4 series on iPlayer, created by John Singleton. Good soundtrack too.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 20:06]

I have just watched the first 3 series of Snowfall. I found it pretty addictive.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 09:23 - Jan 2 with 5324 viewsRamseyR

The BBC Drama ...Mayflies

Only two parts

The story of lifelong mates, one asking the other to assist him in ending his life in Switzerland.
Really hit a nerve with me...similar ages...similar background. Great soundtrack
Powerful stuff indeed, and you might find you have something in your eye
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 20:19 - Jan 3 with 5172 viewsRanger_Things

Godfather of Harlem on Lionsgate/Amazon. I binged the first season over the Christmas break and now halfway through the second. Decent.
Half decent tv on 23:53 - Jan 3 with 5107 viewsMrSheen

Probably been mentioned already, but 1883 (Paramount Plus) is a true epic. Sentimental and slow at times given its running time, but it looks magnificent. The first prequel to Yellowstone, and mostly the plot of Lonesome Dove, but that’s such a great book I don’t mind.
Half decent tv on 14:01 - Jan 4 with 4997 viewsPinnerPaul

New series of 24 hrs in A & E last night.

Its a tough watch at times and not just for some of the medical stuff, but the back stories they get the people to tell are often moving/surprising/funny/sad and sometimes all of those!
Half decent tv on 14:25 - Jan 4 with 4947 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 23:53 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

Probably been mentioned already, but 1883 (Paramount Plus) is a true epic. Sentimental and slow at times given its running time, but it looks magnificent. The first prequel to Yellowstone, and mostly the plot of Lonesome Dove, but that’s such a great book I don’t mind.

I might try that, thanks Sheener.

I tried 'Yellowstone' but found it a bit soapy and joyless.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 17:57 - Jan 4 with 4858 viewsLblock

Just finished the 4th series of Ozark

Disappointed

Maybe I left it too long after watching 1-3 (which were brilliant) but it just didn’t hold me and at 14 episodes I thought it was 4 to 6 too long.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 18:05 - Jan 4 with 4852 viewsE17hoop

2nd series of White Lotus was excellent.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 22:16 - Jan 4 with 4737 viewsLogman

Anyone see Ukraine: The People's Fight on BBC 2 at 9 this evening ? Filmed literally on the front line under fire from Russians in the Donbas region, it followed volunteer troops on the battlefield and support lines involved in the re-take of Kherson. Quite surprised some of the information was shared. Very interesting and at the same time captivating. Well worth watching if on I-Player.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 22:17]
Half decent tv on 18:55 - Jan 5 with 4432 viewsRanger_Things

Alice in Borderland, Netflix. Japanese show based on the Manga, it’s kind of Battle Royale x Squid Game.
Half decent tv on 08:36 - Jan 6 with 4214 viewswombat

Half decent tv on 23:53 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

massive fan of yellowstone , and 1883 was brillaint as well , not enjoying the latest spin off with harrison ford so much though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Half decent tv on 08:58 - Jan 6 with 4191 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 08:36 - Jan 6 by wombat

massive fan of yellowstone , and 1883 was brillaint as well , not enjoying the latest spin off with harrison ford so much though

SPOILER ALERT

Got to episode four of 1883 yesterday and nearly died of boredom.

An entire episode of people in huge wagons crossing a small stream.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 09:12 - Jan 6 with 4166 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Half decent tv on 18:05 - Jan 4 by E17hoop

2nd series of White Lotus was excellent.

Yes, I have just finished that. Very enjoyable and the format lends itself to lots more series.
Half decent tv on 09:41 - Jan 6 with 4132 viewsozexile

Never ever had any interest in the Addams Family and turned it on for the wife but "Wednesday" on Netflix s really really good. Great soundtrack as well.
Half decent tv on 11:58 - Jan 6 with 4062 viewsrobith

Finished His Dark Materials. Season 3 is slightly hindered by the fact that the third book is absolute bonkers, but that is as good an adaptation of one of the greatest fantasy trilogies ever written as we are ever going to get.

The Amber Spyglass is 22 years old and that ending never gets an easier
Half decent tv on 19:23 - Jan 11 with 3865 viewsBluce_Ree

Finished The Bear. It's about a guy running his dead brother's sandwich joint in Chicago. It's one of those ones where you're not sure about it and then it ends up being amazing but you can't explain why. The acting is as good as I've seen.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Half decent tv on 19:58 - Jan 11 with 3814 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 09:23 - Jan 2 by RamseyR

The BBC Drama ...Mayflies

Only two parts

The story of lifelong mates, one asking the other to assist him in ending his life in Switzerland.
Really hit a nerve with me...similar ages...similar background. Great soundtrack
Powerful stuff indeed, and you might find you have something in your eye

I didn't know they'd made a series out of this already, Andrew O'Hagan's novel (also titled Mayflies) only came out in 2020. It's a fantastic read by the way, so I'd be interested to see how they've dramatised it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 21:43 - Jan 11 with 3682 viewsRanger_Things

Castle Rock on Lionsgate/Amazon. Stephen King series, properly creepy.
Half decent tv on 21:50 - Jan 11 with 3662 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 08:58 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

SPOILER ALERT

Got to episode four of 1883 yesterday and nearly died of boredom.

An entire episode of people in huge wagons crossing a small stream.

Set to Irish C&W?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024