Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr 15:29 - Aug 14 with 5455 viewsEssex_Hoop

Hi all

I am wanting to take my 5 year old daughter to football and qpr are a team that I have had a soft spot for many years probably since Trevor Sinclair scored that goal.

For the past id say 5 or so years I've lost the love of football mainly because of the commercial side of the game but I'm looking to start goon. To games after work during the week and taking my daughter on the weekends so qpr is a good team for me to go and watch as I'm on the central line.

The help I need is what stand do I need to buy tickets for me and my 5 year old daughter?

Looking for a family friendly for when she comes and doesn't matter for me to be honest for week nights.

Thanks for your help in advance, what is the current match day prices. Would love to go to the Newcastle home game :)
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 15:41 - Aug 14 with 4739 viewsessextaxiboy

Last sentence gives it away ............
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr (n/t) on 16:10 - Aug 14 with 4681 viewsBrianMcCarthy

[Post edited 14 Aug 2016 16:11]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 16:47 - Aug 14 with 4594 viewsBoston

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 15:41 - Aug 14 by essextaxiboy

Last sentence gives it away ............

Why don't you offer door to door service...nice earner that, South Shields to W12.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 16:49 - Aug 14 with 4590 viewsDylanP

QPR is definitely a family friendly ground. it is small and the seats are close to the ground. The West Paddock is generally considered the family paddock, which would seem the ideal situation for what you are looking for.

Having said that, we are talking about a football game so even best case scenario you will likely hear some swearing and even potentially some crude chants. I know whenever I took my kids when they were little I would always have words with them first about how adults sometimes swear at football matches, etc.

My other suggestion for kids is to bring some of her favourite snacks. The snack bars are unlikely to stock much that she would like and its a kinda long game for a 5-year old.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 16:51 - Aug 14 with 4582 viewsBoston

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 16:49 - Aug 14 by DylanP

QPR is definitely a family friendly ground. it is small and the seats are close to the ground. The West Paddock is generally considered the family paddock, which would seem the ideal situation for what you are looking for.

Having said that, we are talking about a football game so even best case scenario you will likely hear some swearing and even potentially some crude chants. I know whenever I took my kids when they were little I would always have words with them first about how adults sometimes swear at football matches, etc.

My other suggestion for kids is to bring some of her favourite snacks. The snack bars are unlikely to stock much that she would like and its a kinda long game for a 5-year old.

You're a nice bloke Dylan,

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 17:10 - Aug 14 with 4508 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 16:49 - Aug 14 by DylanP

Just in case....

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Tickets/HowToBuy

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 17:24 - Aug 14 with 4460 viewsdanehoop

QPR Family Stand is in the lower loft and is pretty good for match day experience. Meet the mascots on the way in and a bit of face painting as well. The area is behind the goal, so you get a good view of the game and it is fairly accessible as you only walk up one flight of stairs to reach the stand. Food behind the stand isn't bad, my lad usually usually plumps for a hot dog and coke before the game starts.

I have membership at QPR which is a fairly inexpensive way to help ensure that I can get tickets for the game if my son wants to go,as we get options on tickets before they go on general sale. QPR box office (not Ticketmaster) can be really helpful as well.

Never knowingly understood

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 17:26 - Aug 14 with 4454 viewsenfieldargh

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 16:47 - Aug 14 by Boston

Why don't you offer door to door service...nice earner that, South Shields to W12.

https://www.google.co.uk/?ion=1&espv=2#q=auf%20wiedersehen%20pet%20geordie%20acc

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 17:55 - Aug 14 with 4371 viewsTGRRRSSS

HUhhhmmmmm new to football - Essex but decides West London???

If you come to say the Rochdale game that would be a good safe and cheap way to start...

Newcastle is likely to be a very tough one to get tickets for especially after our start this season.

Wigan at home another possible on a Saturday...
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 18:45 - Aug 14 with 4245 viewsbaldyhoop

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 17:55 - Aug 14 by TGRRRSSS

HUhhhmmmmm new to football - Essex but decides West London???

If you come to say the Rochdale game that would be a good safe and cheap way to start...

Newcastle is likely to be a very tough one to get tickets for especially after our start this season.

Wigan at home another possible on a Saturday...

Come on lads, we're better than this

And anyway, first things first: what's your favourite cheese?
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 19:06 - Aug 14 with 4202 viewsEssex_Hoop

Thanks for the helpful comments. Sad some people can't see I'm asking a question because I dot know te answers.

I didn't say I was new to football. I have been a fan of arsenal for over 20 years but the way the club is run I've had no interest in going to a game that cost me a fortune and I get no enjoyment out of it. Haven't had an interest in them for about 5 years. I any support a team I have no faith in.

My daughter has asked me to take her to a game for a while and I'm not giving arsenal my money so another club cam have it.

I said the Newcastle game because I think it would be a good match.

I've been to champions league games and the reason for west London is I work in St. Paul's so can get to the games easy. And live along the central line.

I only come on here because I didn't know what stands to look where the family bit was and what tickets I need to buy seeing as I'd mostly just do general sale tickets or single tickets.

Looking to go on my own mostly. Get away from the stresses of life and watch a bit of football.
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 19:22 - Aug 14 with 4159 viewsItalianR

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 19:06 - Aug 14 by Essex_Hoop

Thanks for the helpful comments. Sad some people can't see I'm asking a question because I dot know te answers.

I didn't say I was new to football. I have been a fan of arsenal for over 20 years but the way the club is run I've had no interest in going to a game that cost me a fortune and I get no enjoyment out of it. Haven't had an interest in them for about 5 years. I any support a team I have no faith in.

My daughter has asked me to take her to a game for a while and I'm not giving arsenal my money so another club cam have it.

I've been to champions league games and the reason for west London is I work in St. Paul's so can get to the games easy. And live along the central line.

I only come on here because I didn't know what stands to look where the family bit was and what tickets I need to buy seeing as I'd mostly just do general sale tickets or single tickets.

Looking to go on my own mostly. Get away from the stresses of life and watch a bit of football.

Looking to get away from the stresses of life for the stresses of QPR? Seems like a good trade-off.
Anyway, the Lower Loft is the family stand, you can only get in if you are with an under-16, so should be what you're looking for. When you're on your own, any other seat will do, unless you get a seat directly behind one of the pillars. For a one-off, just ring the box office; if you plan to come every now and again, get a membership (you get first dibs, a discount on every ticket, a few goodies that may be of enjoyment to your daughter).
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 20:30 - Aug 14 with 4049 viewsJuzzie

Newbies always welcome.

Lower Loft probably a good start being the family section.

The big games are always the draw but yes, I'd too recommend trying a less glamorous fixture too as a bit of a dry run, as it were.

Tickets can be bought online and printed at work/home or you could call the box office and have a chat with them.

Details can be found via www.qpr.co.uk
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 20:51 - Aug 14 with 3993 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome to the madhouse!

The other posters are better to advise you than I am so I'll leave them at it. Hope you and your daughter grow to love our little family!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 07:46 - Aug 15 with 3721 viewsGloucs_R

My lad was 5 when I took him, lower loft is the best place as it's the family stand and they have a family games room down there, giving out sweets, games to play etc.

Home fans only though, everywhere is hostile for away fans in home areas.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 07:48 - Aug 15 with 3718 viewsloneranger1

As above, welcome to the madhouse!

As a Rangers fan of 14 years and a young-ish dad with a 4 year old daughter, I took her to the friendly with watford the other day, we sat in Lower Loft which I'll repeat next time.

I usually sit in Ellerslie Road in R Block but I think Lower Loft is definitely a better bet with a young 'un - language generally a bit tamer and close to the action... had no idea about the face painting down there but will be looking out for it next time for my girl!

Good luck, hope you have a winning debut...
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 08:01 - Aug 15 with 3701 viewswestberksr

still find it very odd referring to the Lower Loft as the family stand when in days gone by it was the main spot for the more vocal support (for those over the age of 40 I suppose).

for the OP's benefit, do you have to be a member to buy in the Lower Loft or any other restrictions (apart from accompanying kids in tow); think the club will be policing games such as Newcastle for invasions of away fans.
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 08:28 - Aug 15 with 3668 viewsessextaxiboy

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 19:06 - Aug 14 by Essex_Hoop

Where in Essex?
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 08:47 - Aug 15 with 3631 viewsizlingtonhoop

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 08:28 - Aug 15 by essextaxiboy

Where in Essex?

No, it's in Hertfordshire...

Doesn't work so well written, that one.
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 09:39 - Aug 15 with 3573 viewsbaldyhoop

Favourite cheese? It's a tradition on here
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 10:17 - Aug 15 with 3531 viewsToast_R

My advice is, with a kid in tow - get to the ground early to avoid the last pint Pete's at 2:55pm. I'm sure it's probably alright in the Lower Loft entrance mind.

You should definitely bring your daughter along, looks like this season is going to be a good one, she'll love it and every new supporter helps. We may have a 30K stadium to fill in years to come.
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 10:28 - Aug 15 with 3507 viewsessextaxiboy

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 08:47 - Aug 15 by izlingtonhoop

No, it's in Hertfordshire...

Doesn't work so well written, that one.

Its all in the question mark my friend . ... Its Ware I typed it
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 10:31]
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 10:41 - Aug 15 with 3473 viewsdaveB

Newcastle at home is a Tuesday night game so not idea for a 5 year old, bring her to the Preston game on Saturday instead
Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 21:18 - Aug 16 with 3252 viewsDylanP

A couple of additional things:

1. If you are on your own, then I would suggest the R Block. Its always got a good atmosphere there. Lower Loft is better if you have the little one in tow, but on your own you might as well get right in the thick of things.

2. He wasn't kidding about the cheese thing. Its a tradition on here that new comers need to reveal their favourite cheese. So come on then .. we won't stop nagging until you let us know!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Advice for a newbie - new to qpr on 10:25 - Aug 17 with 3129 viewsMrSheen

The Lower Loft and West Paddock seats are both a long way from a roof, so your daughter's baptism of fire might end up being a bit soggy if it's raining. I would pick a quieter game, and go for South Africa Road, Ellerslie Road (not R block, everyone stands up) or even School End lower towards the back. This is the away stand but we get the lower tier for smaller attendances (eg Rotherham: if you sit in the back rows you will have weather protection, as well as being unreachable from the upper tier. It happens.

I can guarantee your daughter will be bored and may find it frightening. You won't know about the latter until you go. Bring loads of sweets and try to sit near an aisle as she might want to pay a lot of phantom trips to the toilets. The toilets will be a test of nerve for both of you - this ain't the Emirates! Be patient, and be prepared that you won't see all the game. You might want to consider a trial run on your own to get to know the lie of the land first.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm putting you off. It's a big responsibility taking a little one to a game but hopefully you will both enjoy it. She'll love being the only Rangers fan in her class!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024