Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers 03:19 - May 7 with 8629 viewsmylot50years

What's all the fuss about, to even consider slagging Ollie off for his failings this past season, of course we should be looking forward to the fact that next time around our away form can only improve
( the law of averages and all that ) the dwindling home support must surely pick up, and of course the unpredictability of team selections and tactics will be a thing of the past, After all we are only little QPR so what should we really expect, well for those deluded amongst us who claim to be Rs supporters who also continue to back IH with the above agenda, and who are quite happy to look forward to much of the same for the next campaign. Can I suggest It's possibly time to take a good look at yourself and where it may apply, reframe from supporting IH from your front room and come along to HQ next season and if God forbid Holloway is still here, at least your opinion may have some ground's to be taken seriously. Other than that why don't you just keep fcuking stum.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 07:42 - May 7 with 5701 viewsdanehoop

Always a good thing to post in the wee small hours when you are feeling a bit tired and emotional isn’t it?

Never knowingly understood

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:06 - May 7 with 5575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grandad has pissed the bed again.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:12 - May 7 with 5559 viewsRangersw12

I will bite

Reduce wage bill tick
Blood youngsters tick
keep club in the division tick

He's done everything that has been expected this season.

Yes he has made mistakes but I don't think anyone else would of done any better . He deserves a chance to see if he can kick on and improve the team if not then we should look to geyvrid when his contract expires next year
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:28 - May 7 with 5515 viewsessextaxiboy

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:12 - May 7 by Rangersw12

I will bite

Reduce wage bill tick
Blood youngsters tick

Yes he has made mistakes but I don't think anyone else would of done any better . He deserves a chance to see if he can kick on and improve the team if not then we should look to geyvrid when his contract expires next year

Exactly , whatever your opinions of his selection, formation,tactics,interviews etc they are just that ..opinions
The facts are in the numbers ,league position,points,young players ,wages ,the numbers do not lie .
For balance the only thing that concerns me are the attendances ,seems consolidation didnt float the boat for some . Personally seeing the youngsters given a go made it an enjoyable end to the season ..
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:53 - May 7 with 5455 viewsBklynRanger

Are you this patronising in real life 'mylot'? Fcukin hell.

The tired old argument that only those making regular trips to 'HQ' have the right to an opinion. I've made regular trips all season and don't feel anymore validated than someone who gets up at strange times of the day or night to listen to commentary or wrestle with a stream. And you don't even include the people who regularly go to away games - they're the ones who've suffered most under Olly's time here.

Total bollocks.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:56 - May 7 with 5444 viewsDejR_vu

I will bite

Reduce wage bill tick
Blood youngsters tick

All true. Also, we have finished 16th this year, two places higher than last year, with three points more this season and a goal difference that isn't quite as bad as last year. So there's no denying there's been progress by all of those measures.

But, on the other hand, we've endured two runs of six consecutive defeats, only saved a third by a freak result. The away record is utterly appalling. The team selections have been, to be kind, bemusing. As has been pointed out by others, just when you think we've found a formula, he goes out of his way to change things, with predictable results. The football, by and large, has been poor. Even the last two months, where many will argue things have been a lot better, actually haven't been that great. 18 points out of 36, a big improvement, but still only just top 10 form over an entire season. It just seems that the view has been clouded by a result at Villa, and draw at Fulham because we are so utterly inept away from home. It could be that the last two months has been a corner turned, or it might just be part of the Holloway cycle.

IH has been a manager for over 20 years. He's had his successes, most notably Blackpool, and us first time, and to a lesser extent Palace. He's had his failures, Leicester / Millwall. He's an average manager.

He's done a decent job here, better than I thought he would, but he's average. If the extent of your ambition is to be an average Championship club, bobbing around mid-table, with the odd foray into the top eight he should stay. If the club is ambitious to go further he should be thanked for the job he's done and sent on his way.

The biggest danger is not moving IH on, it's trusting a Board with an abysmal record of appointments, finding the better managers that are out there.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 10:01 - May 7 with 5426 viewsJAPRANGERS

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:53 - May 7 by BklynRanger

Are you this patronising in real life 'mylot'? Fcukin hell.

The tired old argument that only those making regular trips to 'HQ' have the right to an opinion. I've made regular trips all season and don't feel anymore validated than someone who gets up at strange times of the day or night to listen to commentary or wrestle with a stream. And you don't even include the people who regularly go to away games - they're the ones who've suffered most under Olly's time here.

Total bollocks.

post of the month!

If mylot is right, I can have no opinion on anything as HQ is a zillion miles away init?
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers (n/t) on 10:04 - May 7 with 5419 viewsPunteR

OP doesnt once mention any replacement managers. Not a very helpful post and just makes mylot look a grumpy old git. Maybe thats me in another 20 years..lol
[Post edited 7 May 2018 10:08]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 10:28 - May 7 with 5338 viewsAgedR

Take more water

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:22 - May 7 with 5228 viewsNov77

I will bite

Reduce wage bill tick
Blood youngsters tick

"He's done everything that has been expected this season."

lee hoos has said that they budgeted for a tenth place finish this season so he hasn't done what the club expected. He's done what we expected.

why the club thought we would finish tenth under him is beyond me, as in all his time at this club he has never finished that high.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:26 - May 7 with 5215 viewsPunteR

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:22 - May 7 by Nov77

"He's done everything that has been expected this season."

lee hoos has said that they budgeted for a tenth place finish this season so he hasn't done what the club expected. He's done what we expected.

why the club thought we would finish tenth under him is beyond me, as in all his time at this club he has never finished that high.

They are hardly going to say his target is 16th are they?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:36 - May 7 with 5189 viewsNov77

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:26 - May 7 by PunteR

They are hardly going to say his target is 16th are they?

under this manager that should of been their expectation, the triumph of hope over experience!

same again next year lads!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:57 - May 7 with 5150 viewskensalriser

I'm really looking forward to an entire summer of interminable threads about Holloway in which the same people make the same points over and over again.

Not.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 14:54 - May 7 with 5032 viewsBoston

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:57 - May 7 by kensalriser

I'm really looking forward to an entire summer of interminable threads about Holloway in which the same people make the same points over and over again.

Not.

‘Sell in May and go away’.....enjoy the summer, next season ‘we’re gonna win the league’.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 16:07 - May 7 with 4920 viewsT_Block

Unbelievable ,no accounting for reducing the wage bill in half and no accounting for introducing new players.No understanding it is his coaching team not just Holloway.Typical stupid comments.

I do wonder who these people are.I would like to judge them
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 16:16 - May 7 with 4893 viewskensalriser

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 14:54 - May 7 by Boston

‘Sell in May and go away’.....enjoy the summer, next season ‘we’re gonna win the league’.

and now you're gonna believe us
and now you're gonna believe us
and now you're gonna believe uuuuus

oh perhaps you won't then

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:03 - May 7 with 4792 viewsNorthernr

I've been to almost every game this season and think you're talking a lot of drunk crap. Is that a valid opinion or not?
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 18:44 - May 7 with 4620 viewsTearsofrage

Regrettably vino collapso has taken its toll. Utter bilge. If Mr Mylot wishes to engage in irony perhaps he/she should understand some basic principles of humour. When advised to "look at myself" I cringe as the mirror has some terrible truths about ageing and the subtle but irrevocable decline of my physical state, Metaphorically I need precious few lessons about self-address from the self-righteous inane rantings of anyone who believes they are entitled to success because they come to HQ. Does anyone really believe that inner wisdom about football is solely acquired by those with a loud, offensive and self-opinionated voice.The arrogant presumption that anyone who "dares" to believe that Ollie might be on the right lines doesn't attend is a laughable assertion. I go every week and to many away games. I choose to support my team not from my front room but at Loftus Road. I'd love us to play in a 40.000 all-seater stadium and to be vying with the Spurs and Chelscum. Merely wishing (with closed eyes and clenched teeth - and fists) and crassly ill-informed dismissals of anyone differing from your POV is the mark of just not understanding what being a supporter is all about. Join in debate don't vilify any other opinion. Like many I have doubts about the management of the team but "I shant thank God" to see the back of Ian Holloway.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 22:27 - May 7 with 4422 viewsmylot50years

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:03 - May 7 by Northernr

I've been to almost every game this season and think you're talking a lot of drunk crap. Is that a valid opinion or not?

Well as it happens I've done 44 league games and 2 cup, so maybe we have both been there though the unacceptable garbage, that we have both had to endure, and on the back of these mostly pathetic away performances had to then inturn listen to the bewildering reason's from Holloway as to why and where it all went wrong. As it happens I don't need to be drunk to express my opinions on here, after 61 years of watching QPR I prefer to have a clear head when commenting on something that I regard as extremely important to the future wellbeing of my club, by someone who it would appear thrives on doing the unexpected for the simple reason to gain cheap headlines for himself. Of coarse if your valid opinion is that let's do it all again next season because it surely must get better then so be it, but at that point I must soberly and vigorously have my own opinion an opinion I pray TF and others also share.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 22:30 - May 7 with 4414 viewsPunteR

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 22:27 - May 7 by mylot50years

Well as it happens I've done 44 league games and 2 cup, so maybe we have both been there though the unacceptable garbage, that we have both had to endure, and on the back of these mostly pathetic away performances had to then inturn listen to the bewildering reason's from Holloway as to why and where it all went wrong. As it happens I don't need to be drunk to express my opinions on here, after 61 years of watching QPR I prefer to have a clear head when commenting on something that I regard as extremely important to the future wellbeing of my club, by someone who it would appear thrives on doing the unexpected for the simple reason to gain cheap headlines for himself. Of coarse if your valid opinion is that let's do it all again next season because it surely must get better then so be it, but at that point I must soberly and vigorously have my own opinion an opinion I pray TF and others also share.

Blimey , you were being serious.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers (n/t) on 22:31 - May 7 with 4411 viewsdanehoop

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 22:27 - May 7 by mylot50years

[Post edited 7 May 2018 22:32]

Never knowingly understood

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 23:04 - May 7 with 4361 viewsMyke

All credit to Mylot for retaining his err ... passion for the club after over 60 years following us through thin and thin (not a typo). I have only managed 41 years and have gone from cry to sigh in that time. Course I've only been to 'HQ' a couple of times so my opinion counts for nowt
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 01:27 - May 9 with 4096 viewstimcocking

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:57 - May 7 by kensalriser

Not.

Can i like this post more than once?

Ps Having just watched that Sheff Wed video, i find it impoosible to fathom how anybody who professes to be a QPR fan can have anything but love for Ian Holloway.

Pps Also, i just don't think the people so keen to see him leave are getting the point of the opposite view. It's not that we couldn't get a better manager, but that football is far more about the players' relationship with the manager and the mood in the dressing room etc. than it is about formation. With all these youngsters, it could be catastrophic to change now.

It's a tough call, i can see both sides, but i'll never understand the need for such an aggressive stance towards your fellow Rangers fans.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 1:32]
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 03:31 - May 9 with 4069 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 01:27 - May 9 by timcocking

Can i like this post more than once?

Ps Having just watched that Sheff Wed video, i find it impoosible to fathom how anybody who professes to be a QPR fan can have anything but love for Ian Holloway.

Pps Also, i just don't think the people so keen to see him leave are getting the point of the opposite view. It's not that we couldn't get a better manager, but that football is far more about the players' relationship with the manager and the mood in the dressing room etc. than it is about formation. With all these youngsters, it could be catastrophic to change now.

It's a tough call, i can see both sides, but i'll never understand the need for such an aggressive stance towards your fellow Rangers fans.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 1:32]

This is part of why this argument is going on for so long: it's not about how we feel about Holloway, it's about what we think about his performance.

You'd have to think that a prospective manager's man-management and player development skills would be part of the assessment criteria.

I get the love for Holloway, but it doesn't make up for the way we're going.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 08:56 - May 9 with 3965 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 03:31 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

This is part of why this argument is going on for so long: it's not about how we feel about Holloway, it's about what we think about his performance.

You'd have to think that a prospective manager's man-management and player development skills would be part of the assessment criteria.

I get the love for Holloway, but it doesn't make up for the way we're going.

If I started to THINK about football instead of FEEL for it, I’d jack it all in and go down IKEA every Saturday with the missus instead.

The thinking part is for Lee Hoos and Sir Les. Our job is to support. I’m not throwing Olly under the bus just because we finished 16th.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024