Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cupski 2018 Thread 18:04 - May 20 with 101462 viewsLblock

I’ve been pretty non plussed about the Copa Mundial this year which is unusual as I’ve always loved it. Perhaps FIFA have contributed to my overall “fcuk it” view to the modern game, I’ve never felt so remote from a tournament Inger-Lund have been in.
Part of me hopes it lives up to the scam it is with Russia being awarded 317 penalties in the group stages, empty stadiums with Escape To Victory dubbed crowd cheering noises all capped off with a plucky squad of kids winning it so rhino nose becomes Sir Gareth

Current questions for those buzzing about it or who simply know:-

1. Any good Apps for iPhone anyone come across? (Preferably free)

2. Can anyone recommend a Fantasy Competition for the tournament? I’ve been asked to run one at work; think the Sun used to do a simple one; no idea if they are as I haven’t bought a newspaper this decade.

3. Any players people recommend sticking in above / hidden jems????

4. What fixtures do we think are ones to make an effort to watch out of the current group stages? May have to organise work schedule and ensure a regular spot in The Leicester Arms on Warwick Street for any midweek afternoon games

5. What nation picks up the Jules Rimet this year for you? I’m thinking probably Germany but the last time they tried to conquer all the Russia issue didn’t work out well for them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 18:58 - Jun 16 with 3154 viewsMrSheen

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 17:55 - Jun 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Chrissy Waddle tribute penalty.

Cracking game.

Hard lines. Have to beat Australia and France now, but a great effort.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:03 - Jun 16 with 3145 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Belter of a game. Denmark haunted lucky.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:04 - Jun 16 with 3136 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Peru my new favourite side (minus England).

Very Keeganesque kamikaze tactics.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:05 - Jun 16 with 3137 viewsdannyblue

Yes enjoyed Peru a lot. Heart and pace and skill and great kit. Fingers crossed for them.

Tonight's game could be good too. Prettiness of Modric and Rakitic against the power of Naija
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:08 - Jun 16 with 3132 viewskomradkirk

Enjoying it so far,haven't had a bet at all and maybe that curtails my anger issues.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:30 - Jun 16 with 3040 viewswillis1980

The Nigeria vs Croatia game isn’t a thriller so far.

Have to say Peru’s endeavour today has definitely won them some admirers.

Really happy for Iceland, partially down to liking the underdog and an inability to support Argentina as i fail to get over “those” England and Argentina World Cup games. You do feel that Iceland will eventually run out of luck.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:32 - Jun 16 with 2995 viewsdannyblue

If that’s a pen (and it is), Matt smith should have three a game.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:50 - Jun 16 with 2972 viewsstevec

Nigeria absolute sh it. Think it was 1990 finals they were saying within 10 years African countries would be dominating world football. Conversely every World Cup they all seem to go backwards.
Login to get fewer ads

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:15 - Jun 16 with 2953 viewsToast_R

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:50 - Jun 16 by stevec

Nigeria absolute sh it. Think it was 1990 finals they were saying within 10 years African countries would be dominating world football. Conversely every World Cup they all seem to go backwards.

Pele said that.

Still Cameroon 1990 and Guyana 2010 the best teams Africa produced. A long way from dominating though.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:31 - Jun 16 with 2940 viewsLblock

Best thing of this evening's game was Victor Moses enhancing his reputation on the world stage as a cheating, diving, Chelscum vvanker

Love it.

Admittedly, that was one of the poorer games thus far but, in a weird way, I find all of them intrieging

Must be the bottle of Corona mixed with Rose wine

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:24 - Jun 17 with 2813 viewspaulparker

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:31 - Jun 16 by Lblock

Best thing of this evening's game was Victor Moses enhancing his reputation on the world stage as a cheating, diving, Chelscum vvanker

Love it.

Admittedly, that was one of the poorer games thus far but, in a weird way, I find all of them intrieging

Must be the bottle of Corona mixed with Rose wine

The old PP dark horses tag strikes again I had Nigeria and Egypt to do well
Btw apart from the Aussie Pen none of them have been penalties all have been won cheating glad Denmark won as Peru’s pen was a disgrace just because you have a slight bit of contact doesn’t mean it’s a foul hopefully Southgate has instructed young , Ali and sterling to keep going over as the refs are giving them , I can see tommorow being a frustrating game surely Tunisia cannot be as bad as the other African teams

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:16 - Jun 17 with 2797 viewsQPR_Nippon

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:58 - Jun 16 by Rs_Holy

Loving Alex Scott as a pundit... way way better than Phil Neville (not difficult I know).

Ah, good not just me then! An absolute breath of fresh air.

Look forward to seeing a lot more of her over the next month. And it's purely because she's an excellent pundit. No other reason, honest:)
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:31 - Jun 17 with 2782 viewsBenny_the_Ball

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 03:10 - Jun 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't believe I'm biased towards Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm just judging him on his merits. Tonight he dived. Yet again. And winked, Yet again. If Portugal were playing England tonight, what would the headlines be? Again.

You are biased towards him because your dislike of Ronaldo the person is clouding your judgement of Ronaldo the player.

Yes, he loves himself a wee bit too much but some of the reaction on this message board is frankly embarrassing. I didn't notice anyone question Henry's sexuality when he deliberately handled the ball against Ireland.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:00 - Jun 17 with 2731 viewsdannyblue

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:31 - Jun 17 by Benny_the_Ball

You are biased towards him because your dislike of Ronaldo the person is clouding your judgement of Ronaldo the player.

Yes, he loves himself a wee bit too much but some of the reaction on this message board is frankly embarrassing. I didn't notice anyone question Henry's sexuality when he deliberately handled the ball against Ireland.

I understand his sexuality isn't really in question. An open secret in Portugal.

But you're right, that's got nothing to do with his quality as a Footballer. Besides Adel, I think he's the best we've ever seen.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 16:09 - Jun 17 with 2687 viewsloftboy

Is it me or does Philip Neville sound like David Attenborough when he’s in a jungle clearing trying not to disturb the Gorillas!!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 16:23]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 16:53 - Jun 17 with 2645 viewsjohncharles

Mexico 1 - 0 against the whining, whinging, moaning, complaining and tantrums Germany.

Strong and stable my arse.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 17:54 - Jun 17 with 2593 views2Thomas2Bowles

Zee Germans never did well around Moscow
Well done Mexico
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 17:55]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 18:02 - Jun 17 with 2573 viewsLblock

Ariba! Ariba!

The pitch won it for Mexico.... it’s all about the “underlay, underlay, underlay”

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:22 - Jun 17 with 2505 viewsMrSheen

Most Brazilian looking Brazil team since 2002. Really look the business.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:53 - Jun 17 with 2486 viewsStanisgod

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:00 - Jun 17 by dannyblue

I understand his sexuality isn't really in question. An open secret in Portugal.

But you're right, that's got nothing to do with his quality as a Footballer. Besides Adel, I think he's the best we've ever seen.

I assume that's a wind up

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:12 - Jun 17 with 2457 viewsjohncharles

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:22 - Jun 17 by MrSheen

Most Brazilian looking Brazil team since 2002. Really look the business.

Brazil 1 - 1 Switzerland

Strong and stable my arse.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:57 - Jun 17 with 2419 viewsCiderwithRsie

This is turning into an terrific World Cup.

I'm getting a bit nervous that England are going to stink it up and either produce a 0-0 bore-draw or a feeble defeat to Tunisia.

Come on lads, just go out and express yourselves.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:40 - Jun 17 with 2378 viewsLblock

My fear too....

I'm amazed at how into it I am now compared with two weeks or so back.

Really enjoyed all I've seen thus far.
Could do without going from Danny Murphy commentrary to Mark Lawerson back to back -- it's like taking a load of Ketamine and following it with Horlicks.
Apart from that it's great.

Fingers crossed no norty-ness hereon in and Gareth's Goslings put on a bit of a show.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:11 - Jun 17 with 2307 viewsdannyblue

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:53 - Jun 17 by Stanisgod

I assume that's a wind up

Alright, besides Adel and Akos.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:48 - Jun 17 with 2277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:31 - Jun 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Benny,

I have no idea of his sexuality, I certainly didn't mention it, I never would have thought of it, and I have no interest in it. My comments about him are purely of the sporting nature I swear to you. Or, to be precise, his unsporting nature. I have no kids, but I have godkids, nieces and nephews and while I teach them to play hard and hearty I teach them to play fair. I have never used Cristiano Ronaldo as an example.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024