Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cupski 2018 Thread 18:04 - May 20 with 101460 viewsLblock

I’ve been pretty non plussed about the Copa Mundial this year which is unusual as I’ve always loved it. Perhaps FIFA have contributed to my overall “fcuk it” view to the modern game, I’ve never felt so remote from a tournament Inger-Lund have been in.
Part of me hopes it lives up to the scam it is with Russia being awarded 317 penalties in the group stages, empty stadiums with Escape To Victory dubbed crowd cheering noises all capped off with a plucky squad of kids winning it so rhino nose becomes Sir Gareth

Current questions for those buzzing about it or who simply know:-

1. Any good Apps for iPhone anyone come across? (Preferably free)

2. Can anyone recommend a Fantasy Competition for the tournament? I’ve been asked to run one at work; think the Sun used to do a simple one; no idea if they are as I haven’t bought a newspaper this decade.

3. Any players people recommend sticking in above / hidden jems????

4. What fixtures do we think are ones to make an effort to watch out of the current group stages? May have to organise work schedule and ensure a regular spot in The Leicester Arms on Warwick Street for any midweek afternoon games

5. What nation picks up the Jules Rimet this year for you? I’m thinking probably Germany but the last time they tried to conquer all the Russia issue didn’t work out well for them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:01 - Jun 18 with 3065 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:56 - Jun 18 by Stanisgod

It wasnt, it was England's achievement
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:59]

Not disputed.

It’s still crass, and serves only as a reminder of what we WAS.

Get rid, and if we must, put two on the shirt next time we win it.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:10 - Jun 18 with 3039 viewsToast_R

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:53 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who said throw trophies away?

Be proud but don’t live in the past.

What are you harping on about?
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:16 - Jun 18 with 3017 viewsToast_R

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:53 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who said throw trophies away?

Be proud but don’t live in the past.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:23 - Jun 18 with 2998 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Congrats to England. I missed the first 55 minutes but was impressed with what I did see. Nice touch, movement and energy. Probably a bit slow to get shots off but good and patient and completely deserving of the winner.

Well done!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:29 - Jun 18 with 2982 viewsMrSheen

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:23 - Jun 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Congrats to England. I missed the first 55 minutes but was impressed with what I did see. Nice touch, movement and energy. Probably a bit slow to get shots off but good and patient and completely deserving of the winner.

Well done!

And you missed the good bit! Tunisia barely crossed the halfway line except for the 15 minutes they were behind, but caused England a few worrying wobbles when they did.I know Southgate wants to play a patient style, but when Tunisia were pressing, it was crying out for long balls in the channels for our quick wide players to chase rather than Henderson facing his own goal playing it back to the edge of our area.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:39 - Jun 18 with 2960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:29 - Jun 18 by MrSheen

And you missed the good bit! Tunisia barely crossed the halfway line except for the 15 minutes they were behind, but caused England a few worrying wobbles when they did.I know Southgate wants to play a patient style, but when Tunisia were pressing, it was crying out for long balls in the channels for our quick wide players to chase rather than Henderson facing his own goal playing it back to the edge of our area.

Ya, I heard the first 15-20 was damn good.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:14 - Jun 18 with 2916 viewsJigsore

can't even blame the Tunisians really, if the referee is sh*t enough to allow you to get away with it then why wouldn't you do it?

we really ought to have scored at least 3 in the opening quarter of the match but I just cannot get over how f*cking awful that ref was. 0 control over the game, 0 authority. i'm sure half the point of VAR is they can whisper in your ear 'mate, if you don't review this incident you're going to look like a complete f*cking tit' and he just ignores it. absolutely unbelievable.

but job done I suppose. Kane is brilliant, looks like he's past that late season form that came from playing him half-fit.

Southgate also really needs to make his subs sooner. that game was fading into the void far sooner than the 70 minutes he made his first sub.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 07:15 - Jun 19 with 2799 viewsLblock

That Sterling is pure class in front goal isn’t he?!?!

Thank God for Harry Kane

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 08:30 - Jun 19 with 2739 viewsTheChef

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:14 - Jun 18 by Jigsore

can't even blame the Tunisians really, if the referee is sh*t enough to allow you to get away with it then why wouldn't you do it?

we really ought to have scored at least 3 in the opening quarter of the match but I just cannot get over how f*cking awful that ref was. 0 control over the game, 0 authority. i'm sure half the point of VAR is they can whisper in your ear 'mate, if you don't review this incident you're going to look like a complete f*cking tit' and he just ignores it. absolutely unbelievable.

but job done I suppose. Kane is brilliant, looks like he's past that late season form that came from playing him half-fit.

Southgate also really needs to make his subs sooner. that game was fading into the void far sooner than the 70 minutes he made his first sub.

Mostly enjoyed that and should have had the game sewn up by half time, but hey, it's England. Thought the players kept positive and got what they deserved in the end. Not easy when for most of them it was their first game in a World Cup.

Thought everyone did well except Lingard, Young and Ali (who seemed half crocked anyway and should have come off earlier). Rashford and Loftus-Cheek did well off the bench and should be pushing for a starting place.

Re the refs, typical that for most of the tournament so far they and VAR have looked fairly good, and we get the first stinker. No idea how we didn't get at least one pen, and how not one Tunisian player was booked.

Main thing is , we won!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 10:32 - Jun 19 with 2666 viewsRangersw12

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:01 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not disputed.

It’s still crass, and serves only as a reminder of what we WAS.

Get rid, and if we must, put two on the shirt next time we win it.

Have a day off FFS with your self loathing nonsense

Winning the world cup in 66 was this countries greatest football achievement and should be celebrated and remembered
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 10:52 - Jun 19 with 2637 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 10:32 - Jun 19 by Rangersw12

Have a day off FFS with your self loathing nonsense

Winning the world cup in 66 was this countries greatest football achievement and should be celebrated and remembered

Ah fck off.

If you cant be bothered to read everything I said don't bother commentating.

I'm off out for a bit. Going to wear my great grandad's Boer War medal around ASDA.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:30 - Jun 19 with 2600 viewsjohncharles

Come on lads, let’s not fight amongst ourselves. The best team won and deservedly so. Tunisia did what did what they could to a get a draw. I’ve seen much worse. They weren’t a team of cloggers out to maim you. I’ve seen teams so negative they hardly crossed the halfway line. As for Harry Kane’s “penalty”, I watched just about every game Charlie Austin played for Rangers and he should have had at least twenty penalties in similar incidents. You learn to live with it.
Congratulations Gareth Southgate.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:31]

Strong and stable my arse.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:42 - Jun 19 with 2575 viewswillis1980

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:30 - Jun 19 by johncharles

Come on lads, let’s not fight amongst ourselves. The best team won and deservedly so. Tunisia did what did what they could to a get a draw. I’ve seen much worse. They weren’t a team of cloggers out to maim you. I’ve seen teams so negative they hardly crossed the halfway line. As for Harry Kane’s “penalty”, I watched just about every game Charlie Austin played for Rangers and he should have had at least twenty penalties in similar incidents. You learn to live with it.

agree with this (avoiding the use of the phrase du jour "100%")

why didnt england one or two of their players around kane to avoid him being speartackled, ive seen other sides do this and it works. The buffers would free up kane to do what he can do.

all in all a good first half, my hairline has probably receeded a little after the second half. I was a bundle of nerves for the second half much to my girlfriends amusement.

I find myself question my knowledge of the game as players who I didnt think did that well like Henderson and Young get praised by panelists and commentators after the match.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:09 - Jun 19 with 2512 viewsloftboy

How come the Colombian got sent off? Is the double jeapordy rule an English one only

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:09 - Jun 19 with 2512 viewsTGRRRSSS

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:30 - Jun 19 by johncharles

The Austin games were not managed by VAR and hadnt had FIFA tell everyone they were clamping down on it though.

Hopeless ref (at best)

Good result youy often find that you have to scrape a few results in World Cups etc - difference here is England actually managed it.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:05 - Jun 19 with 2458 viewsRangersw12

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 10:52 - Jun 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ah fck off.

If you cant be bothered to read everything I said don't bother commentating.

I'm off out for a bit. Going to wear my great grandad's Boer War medal around ASDA.

I will comment on what I want you div

You're a self loathing mug and everything that is wrong with modern Britain

[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 14:11]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:15 - Jun 19 with 2419 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:05 - Jun 19 by Rangersw12

I will comment on what I want you div

You're a self loathing mug and everything that is wrong with modern Britain

[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 14:11]

Yeah alright Richard Littlejohn. Enjoy your day.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:20 - Jun 19 with 2406 viewsRangersw12

Brilliant to see people get behind the country and celebrations when we scored .

Imagine what the country would be like if we won it...

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:34 - Jun 19 with 2370 viewsloftboy

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:53 - Jun 18 by loftboy

Best World Cup tweet yet😇

May have just been beaten 🤪
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 14:35]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 17:22 - Jun 19 with 2284 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:34 - Jun 19 by loftboy

May have just been beaten 🤪
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 14:35]

VOT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 17:44 - Jun 19 with 2246 viewsjohncharles

You've got to laugh.......... unless you're Polish.

Strong and stable my arse.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 18:18 - Jun 19 with 2213 viewsstevec

First set of games played and there s the distinct possibility we are in a group that is set up to go as far as the semi finals without playing any of the big names en route.

Bizarrely, Belgium/England could be between two sides both desperate to throw the game.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:50 - Jun 19 with 2127 viewsDorse

Russia v Egypt first half.

Turgid.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:19 - Jun 19 with 2082 viewsMrSheen

Fark Egypt are terrible. How long can you sit there with a Pharaoh headdress on?
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:23 - Jun 19 with 2062 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Have Russia brought on Novichok yet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024