Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on then, where will we finish this season? 11:51 - Jul 24 with 11313 viewsSnipper

I’m worried about our defence, but if we can add Trent Sainsbury, and Kakay can step into Furlong’s right back position, I think we’ll finish 8th-10th.

I’m excited about the youngsters we have, and if anybody can improve them and get them playing well, it’s McLaren.

We’re going to need a lot of luck with injuries and suspensions though. Fingers crossed.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 11:54 - Jul 24 with 4143 viewsGloucs_R

Bottom 8 at the moment. No cover for defence, Lynch and BFG are slow so need to add a CB.

Up front, need a 15 goal striker. Sylla looks like he's not bothered at the moment. Smith looks hungry but is a little one dimensional. Connor..............anyway..........

If we dont have a load of inuried and we can add a striker and another CB plus a RB on loan, then maybe mid table.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:01 - Jul 24 with 4116 viewshopphoops

Nailed on fourth.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:02 - Jul 24 with 4105 viewskingsburyR

a surprising 6th and lose in the semis!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:07 - Jul 24 with 4081 viewsconnell10

16th maybe.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:20 - Jul 24 with 4027 viewsEsox_Lucius

I'll take 19th or higher right now. We have some tough opening fixtures and a few losses will have the fans baying for blood and demoralise the team. The online Legion of Gloom won't help matters either if we struggle early on.

The grass is always greener.

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:20 - Jul 24 with 4026 viewsRblockPrior

I would say about 14th, with the likes of Eze, Smyth, Freeman and Luongo we can be a real threat however I just don't see our defence being good enough to mount a challenge any higher, in addition to that we just don't have the depth in the squad, we need to make at least 3 signings before the season has started, even if they are are on loan.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:21 - Jul 24 with 4021 viewsMedwayR

Anywhere between 12th and 16th imo, so I'll go for 14th I guess.

Poll: Who’s better?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:28 - Jul 24 with 3989 viewspaulparker

17th & another season were we are inconsistent

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 3976 viewsAntti_Heinola

For some reason, probably losing our amazing keeper and our best defender, I have a deep, deep sense of foreboding. I actually think we'll fight relegation, and Macca will be gone by January. Hope not, just have a bad feeling.

Bare bones.

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:40 - Jul 24 with 3920 viewskensalriser

Are the replacements better than than the departees? If not it's hard to see how we might finish any higher than last season, unless the promising young players step up rapidly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:45 - Jul 24 with 3907 viewsRs_Holy

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 12:32 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

For some reason, probably losing our amazing keeper and our best defender, I have a deep, deep sense of foreboding. I actually think we'll fight relegation, and Macca will be gone by January. Hope not, just have a bad feeling.

I think a lack of goals could really hurt us this coming season. Nothing in the pot for a new striker and its difficult to see who's going to improve in the current squad (Eze maybe but we shouldnt expect too much).
We leaked goals last year and as mentioned we've lost a superb keeper and some experienced defenders.
I'd settle for 20th with the odd upset victory along the way.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:00 - Jul 24 with 3839 viewsDando

With the players who have left, and the lack of replacements - I just hope we dont go down as it stands.

Lost our keeper who was worth a number of points himself, lost our Captain who had pace and won us way more points than we did without him in the team. As it stands, Bidwell is probably our best fit defender, which says it all really when he still divides opinion amongst many despite an improvement in his game.

Upon first glance, Leistner looks strong but very slow - and we all know Lynch is a clumsy injury prone player who rarely hits his peak form. Add to that, the lack of quality strikers at the club, it does concern me. Will be really disappointing if Washington gets ahead of Wheeler, Samuel and Smyth who have all looked sharp in pre season if the defence is sorted out, I will feel more positive but if we get off to a bad start then we all know the fans will immediately turn on Mclaren and be calling for Ollie again!

Last year there were a number of teams which you could consider looked "weak" on paper, but this year I can only really think that Rotherham will be favorites to go down. Are there any other teams that are particular "weak"?
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:01 - Jul 24 with 3836 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Can’t see us scoring many more goals (if any) as things stand. That coupled with a weaker defense on paper doesn’t make it look too promising. Only thing I can see going for us over a lot of other teams is that we’ve had a relatively settled side (on the field) for a couple of seasons now, which might work in our favour. A lot of championship experience in there now.

Other than that, isn’t it about time we had some new manager bounce? (Ha). Love to see us threatening top half this year but it will take a few of our youngsters surprising us to do that. Most optimistic I can be is 14th.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:06 - Jul 24 with 3815 viewsLowerloftLad

16th to 20th any higher will be a bonus

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:07 - Jul 24 with 3807 viewswombat

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:01 - Jul 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

Can’t see us scoring many more goals (if any) as things stand. That coupled with a weaker defense on paper doesn’t make it look too promising. Only thing I can see going for us over a lot of other teams is that we’ve had a relatively settled side (on the field) for a couple of seasons now, which might work in our favour. A lot of championship experience in there now.

Other than that, isn’t it about time we had some new manager bounce? (Ha). Love to see us threatening top half this year but it will take a few of our youngsters surprising us to do that. Most optimistic I can be is 14th.

hopefully avoiding relegation , young squad who are gonna get pelters once it starts going wrong on the pitch (not from me ), no defence no real goal scorers and a crap manager whos odds on to be gone by jan

praying im wrong but havent gone into a new season so totally pi$$ed of as i have the coming one for many years , one step forward 5 steps back

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:12 - Jul 24 with 3776 viewsRangersw12

Relegation dogfight and a real chance of going down

Fingers crossed I'm wrong and we manage to have a decent season
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:19 - Jul 24 with 3756 viewsWadR

In terms of worse teams in the league - Rotherham, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn all have significantly weaker squads than us. Not sure there's much between ours and Reading/Sheff Wed/Sheff Utd (good manager though)/Norwich.

I liked what I saw of Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury (and think he might do well) but Ipswich have overachieved under McCarthy and could conceivably go down.

Hull, Villa, Birmingham are all an absolute mess. Swansea are having cashflow problems, have a squad very us circa 2013 and an inexperienced manager.

Think there's more than enough potentially crap teams that mean we should be 18th+
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 13:20]
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:35 - Jul 24 with 3686 viewsTGRRRSSS

Bottom 6 almost certainly, and quite probably relegated and thayts before the FFP penalties.

Hold very little hope this season.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:41 - Jul 24 with 3660 viewsdanehoop

Solid mid table if we start reasonably well. Confidence will grow. Possibly higher if Maclaren does a warnock and builds a team around Eze. Get a rough start and a few injuries then it will become more challenging as there doesn’t look to be much depth to the squad.

Never knowingly understood

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:44 - Jul 24 with 3654 viewsMancR

I agree with you Wad, there are lots inconsistent teams and others with problems.
You can just hear the doom mongers cracking their knuckles in preparation for a keyboard assault the minute things don't go well.
As always this will be a rough, tough league with plenty of ups and downs.
I'll go for 13-14th🙏
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:45 - Jul 24 with 3645 viewsToast_R

No idea but as I guess I'd say bottom half.
Difficult to sell this sh*t isn't it?
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:46 - Jul 24 with 3647 viewsAntti_Heinola

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:01 - Jul 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm less worried about goalscoring to be honest.
I would like a new striker, but once we went 4 at the back we scored 18 goals in our last 10 games. We don't have one outstanding scorer, but we do have possible goals from a number of sources and I do think Eze could get quite a lot this season - 10 if he gets a start, and Freeman crossing for Smith gets you about 10 a season.
It's the defence. No reliable keeper (I know it's unfair but i have zero confidence in Ingram - he looks miles off to me). No right back. Huge issues at CB. One left back. Hugely concerning.

Bare bones.

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:47 - Jul 24 with 3627 viewsDorse

Looking at the squad (as it stands) we have some really exciting prospects: Kakay and Furlong on the right; Chair, Oteh, Manning, Eze in the middle; a fit-again Wheeler with BOS at full speed; Lumley and Ingram should be raring to go; Little Smyth - mmmmm. All looks good so far.

But we, unaccountably, still employ Lynch who may well be Father Christmas and we have very little cover in the defence. We saw last season how desperate things got after just 2 injuries. When that ran to 5 injuries, it is frankly astonishing that we survived. Baptiste is only ever a replacement and Hall needs to be treated extremely carefully if he's ever going to get back to fitness.

And we still desperately need some sort of inspiration up front. If we go 4-2-3-1, then we know that the '1' will be Smith the Elder. Now, he is never going net 15-20 goals which lumps all the pressure on the '3' to pick up the pace and share the scoring between them. This is something the club has failed to achieve since the heady days of Heidi and Terrorbat. And the baffling selection of Washington at wide left doesn't help.

I don't think we're far off. No, stop laughing, I'm serious. Another first choice CB and the persistent sphincter clenching might subside a bit. A striker who can score 15 goals and the whole thing looks do-able. If we play actual wide men in wide positions: BOS left and, say, Smyth right...? Who knows.

Top 10.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:51 - Jul 24 with 3608 viewsHooped_Pullie

Very hard to say. Easy to be pessimistic, although personally my reasons for same wouldn't be the ones oft quoted by others. Sure, injury and suspension could hit hard, but I am more concerned about the fact that a lot of young players burst on to the scene and then we see their performances take a dip before they rise again and find the consistency of the average adult professional player. Our extreme reliance on youth means we can't afford that dip, however temporary. I do think we need a few more experienced bodies in before the 9th of next month, after that we'll struggle to get anyone who's out of contract, and we know that the Club is averse to the kind of loans which other Championship clubs use to their advantage, albeit probably for financial reasons as much as ways of working.

If we end up having the kind of season we had last year and the year before, hovering sixth or seventh from the bottom on an ongoing basis, I expect TF to discover a new meaning to the word 'unpopular'. I also expect to hear Ian's name emanating from the general direction of the Loft, because while 16th will be accepted from him it certainly won't be accepted from Scteeve. Anything which looks worse than the last two seasons and it's full-on tin hat time : you won't need to wait for hard Brexit to see what real civil unrest looks like...
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 13:56 - Jul 24 with 3584 viewsMick_S

I'm waiting for bob566 to call it and I will agree with whatever he says.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 13:56]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024