Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Site Improvement Suggestions 14:33 - Jul 27 with 4354 viewsTacticalR

It was mentioned a while ago that the site was going to be improved at some point.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Add year to threads and posts so you've got a clue when something was posted.

2. Add ability to link to individual posts in other threads (at the moment you can only link to the beginning of another thread).

3. Add support for linking to a particular time in a Youtube video. This would be handy for longer music and football videos.

4. Add support for linking to other video providers e.g. Vimeo.

5. Fix the LFW Windows 10 Chrome bookmarks bug.
No icon when creating a bookmark for LFW in browsers in Windows 10 by TacticalR 15 May 2016 21:42
On my laptop when I create a bookmark for any page in LFW in Windows 10, then the LFW icon isn't shown, just the default blank icon for the browser. I use Chrome but I can see the same behaviour in other browsers (Firefox and Microsoft Edge). LFW is the only site I see with this problem, all the other bookmarks show their correct individual site logos.

Versions:
Windows 10: Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.0)
Chrome: 50.0.2661.102 m
Firefox: 46.0.1
Microsoft Edge: 25.10586.0.0

Air hostess clique

Site Improvement Suggestions on 15:07 - Jul 27 with 2949 viewsisawqpratwcity

Good suggestions, especially 1, 2 and 5. Currently using Firefox for LFW because Chrome (with W10) was giving me secured LFW pages that were completely blank.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Site Improvement Suggestions on 15:18 - Jul 27 with 2933 viewskingsburyR

On my Samsung I still get some threads where the text runs off the side of the white text box making it impossible to read!

Apart from that its a marvelous site!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Site Improvement Suggestions on 16:06 - Jul 27 with 2871 viewsFDC

Site Improvement Suggestions on 15:18 - Jul 27 by kingsburyR

On my Samsung I still get some threads where the text runs off the side of the white text box making it impossible to read!

Yeah this has been an issue for years now, really annoying! Only seems to happen in Chrome, not Firefox. But Firefox renders stuff in a way that makes all the text very small.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 20:45 - Jul 27 with 2748 viewsDorse

More ads for sheds and nostril grooming products.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Site Improvement Suggestions on 22:04 - Jul 27 with 2704 viewsLongsufferingR

I can't help thinking that the site would be a much happier place if it changed allegiance to the team who had the biggest win each weekend.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 22:53 - Jul 27 with 2663 viewsAshdown_Ranger

More editing options. Eg, bold, italic, colour.

Ability to edit quoted text, so that the bit you want to comment on can be isolated, instead of repeating whole screeds of text...
Site Improvement Suggestions on 23:17 - Jul 27 with 2651 viewsBlackCrowe

The only thing i'd like (and i know cost prohibits it understandably, is for it to have an app to make it more mobile-friendly.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Site Improvement Suggestions on 00:29 - Jul 28 with 2610 viewsPunteR

Site Improvement Suggestions on 23:17 - Jul 27 by BlackCrowe

The only thing i'd like (and i know cost prohibits it understandably, is for it to have an app to make it more mobile-friendly.

agree . make it mobile friendly. the blue bar is a pain

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Site Improvement Suggestions on 13:53 - Jul 28 with 2457 viewsFDC

Site Improvement Suggestions on 22:53 - Jul 27 by Ashdown_Ranger

Ability to edit quoted text, so that the bit you want to comment on can be isolated, instead of repeating whole screeds of text...

you can do bold and italic now. Agree that editing quoted text would make long threads much easier to read.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 14:06 - Jul 28 with 2426 viewsisawqpratwcity

Site Improvement Suggestions on 13:53 - Jul 28 by FDC

you can do bold and italic now. Agree that editing quoted text would make long threads much easier to read.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to edit posts? It's not like you have to type them out yourself. You can always cut the bits you want to refer to and paste them into your reply inside quotation marks.

Perhaps if we just kept our posts short?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Site Improvement Suggestions on 14:27 - Jul 28 with 2425 viewsLongsufferingR

Site Improvement Suggestions on 14:06 - Jul 28 by isawqpratwcity

Am I the only one that doesn't want to edit posts? It's not like you have to type them out yourself. You can always cut the bits you want to refer to and paste them into your reply inside quotation marks.

Perhaps if we just kept our posts short?

ok
Site Improvement Suggestions on 22:46 - Apr 6 with 1828 viewsTacticalR

Site Improvement Suggestions on 22:53 - Jul 27 by Ashdown_Ranger

Yep, that would be good.

Air hostess clique

Site Improvement Suggestions on 23:21 - Apr 6 with 1785 viewsMatch82

You can (usually) remedy that by rotating your device to landscape mode and refreshing. Though that's annoying to do in itself!
Site Improvement Suggestions on 23:23 - Apr 6 with 1783 viewsCiderwithRsie

Site Improvement Suggestions on 13:53 - Jul 28 by FDC

Not very user friendly though. Ditto with editing, you can do it but it's a pain.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 23:27 - Apr 6 with 1773 viewsloftboy

An idiots guide on how to post a photo on an iPhone, always come out with the link rather than the pic when I try.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Site Improvement Suggestions on 23:40 - Apr 6 with 1766 viewsPunteR

Stick Bazzaintheloft on mute.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Site Improvement Suggestions on 00:04 - Apr 7 with 1732 viewsBoston

!!!! Try not supporting Chelsea.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Site Improvement Suggestions on 00:17 - Apr 7 with 1721 viewsBoston

Hmm, make copy and paste pics easier.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Site Improvement Suggestions on 06:35 - Apr 7 with 1651 viewsNorthernr

1 - make sure there still is a site next season.

That’s literally it atm.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 07:48 - Apr 7 with 1592 viewsnix

Site Improvement Suggestions on 06:35 - Apr 7 by Northernr

That’s literally it atm.

Don't frighten us Clive!

Is if possible to make it easier to post videos/pictures etc? It's such a faff atm going by the instructions, so I don't bother.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 07:49 - Apr 7 with 1592 viewsDorse

Site Improvement Suggestions on 06:35 - Apr 7 by Northernr

That’s literally it atm.

Always easier when there is actual football happening. As it is, the site may need a rebrand as Loft For Assorted Ideas. Where is Geoff Cameron when we need him? Surely when he played midcentrefieldsman for the Ocelot Spungoes, he was able to cure corona virus simply by giving it a hard stare?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Site Improvement Suggestions on 09:00 - Apr 7 with 1558 viewsNorthernr

Site Improvement Suggestions on 07:48 - Apr 7 by nix

Don't frighten us Clive!

Is if possible to make it easier to post videos/pictures etc? It's such a faff atm going by the instructions, so I don't bother.

Well atm the arse has fallen out of the advertising completely overnight and people are paying for things out of their own pockets so, like I say, I think tech developments and improvements are someway down the list atm. Does it function, does it still exist - that's basically what we're going for for the forseeable.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 09:29 - Apr 7 with 1525 viewsnix

Site Improvement Suggestions on 09:00 - Apr 7 by Northernr

Well atm the arse has fallen out of the advertising completely overnight and people are paying for things out of their own pockets so, like I say, I think tech developments and improvements are someway down the list atm. Does it function, does it still exist - that's basically what we're going for for the forseeable.

If the site is struggling to support itself, you may need to ask for donations. There are probably enough of us still getting a salary to be able to donate to keep the site going until advertising picks up again.
Site Improvement Suggestions on 09:48 - Apr 7 with 1508 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree with this. Dramatic times calls for needed measures. Justgiving etc facility for a one cash-circumstance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Site Improvement Suggestions on 10:02 - Apr 7 with 1471 viewswood_hoop

Site Improvement Suggestions on 09:29 - Apr 7 by nix

If the site is struggling to support itself, you may need to ask for donations. There are probably enough of us still getting a salary to be able to donate to keep the site going until advertising picks up again.

+1

Clive you are at the helm of a great site, if a few shillings from us helps keep it going don't hesitate to get it on the roll.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024