Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox 19:15 - Aug 9 with 8244 viewsMancR

Eze and Furlong have signed new deals, Freeman didn't leave even when a reasonable fee was offered. We haven't become involved in auctions of rising players wages. We probably haven't tossed money away in agents fees and we have taken some big earners of the wage bill.
But people still bleat about a lack of signings when it appears we are being prudently managed with a medium to long term view being take.
Worst of all Hoos, Fernandes etc are being abused left right and centre. Are people effing nuts?
At least this way QPR might be around to support for the foreseeable 👍

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:19 - Aug 9 with 5185 viewsLongtimeR

Excellent post
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:33 - Aug 9 with 5082 viewsYorkRanger

Good post. It is clearly going to be a tough season but at least all this nonsense is out of the way now. A couple of loan players up front and at CB hopefully to come and then let's see where it goes.

The stuff on Twitter particularly is laughable. A hole bunch of people who seem to have completely missed all of the club's well documented problems.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:45 - Aug 9 with 5003 viewsJuzzie

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:33 - Aug 9 by YorkRanger

Good post. It is clearly going to be a tough season but at least all this nonsense is out of the way now. A couple of loan players up front and at CB hopefully to come and then let's see where it goes.

The stuff on Twitter particularly is laughable. A hole bunch of people who seem to have completely missed all of the club's well documented problems.

“a hole”... very true!
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:49 - Aug 9 with 4984 viewsted_hendrix

I'm in agreement with you Manc, I don't get all the frenzy around Sky and the last few minutes of the stupid transfer window slamming shut nonsense that people now seem to crave for.
I have never seen or witnessed the abuse that Hoos and Fernandes are apparently getting due to the fact that I am not on twit or face ache or any other such like media outlet thing.
The only time I find out about it is when I log in here, whilst I suppose there is a need for social media from the club I do wonder why say Tony Fernandes uses it?
Anyway look, we've played one game lost the bastard and yet we're not in the relegation zone so what's not to like?

I will concede though that in certain areas of the pitch we look a bit weak but we've got a new Manager so as far as I'm concerned it's his job to get on the training pitch with our squad and get some bloody work done I'd assume he's doing that anyway.

Maybe get a few loans in where needed over the next few weeks and see where we go from there, gonna be a tough season though, but when isn't it?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:56 - Aug 9 with 4939 viewsStraightR

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:33 - Aug 9 by YorkRanger

Some of the stuff on Twitter is disgusting, even by the abysmally low standard of "debate" on that platform. "F**k off ya Yank C**t" is hardly useful, whether or not you agree with the Lee Hoos.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:02 - Aug 9 with 4906 viewsted_hendrix

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 19:56 - Aug 9 by StraightR

Some of the stuff on Twitter is disgusting, even by the abysmally low standard of "debate" on that platform. "F**k off ya Yank C**t" is hardly useful, whether or not you agree with the Lee Hoos.

Jesus wept.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:07 - Aug 9 with 4857 viewsrichranger

...and we bought in 2 promising under 23s who could well become first-teamers very soon.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:28 - Aug 9 with 4740 viewspaulparker

I disagree it’s been a poor summer, we lost 3 defenders and replaced them with one
We lost the leagues top keeper for half a Gary madine
We have no cover at left back and none at right back our competitors have bought well
We cannot compete with Wigan or even Ipswich
We are continually linked with donkey Chris Martin
All the money we do have us put towards FFP because our owner is a buffoon he should be abused as he has put this club back 20 years
Still no warren farm on the horizon
The only positive is we didn’t under sell Freeman and we got Eze on a long term deal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 4634 viewscolinallcars

I'm glad I don't look at Twitter.....I can't believe people come out with stuff like that. Makes this and other boards seem like bastions of decorum andgood taste.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 4634 viewsMancR

Can't believe I'm doing this but I will take your baited hook.
3 defenders gone- all on huge salaries. Nedum wasn't without clangers, Robinson injured and well Perch was perch!
No I ain't doing this pp. you only ever see the negative and are blinkered to other people's views. You'll never be a happy qpr fan. Enjoy celebrating our problems whenever they occur
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:49 - Aug 9 with 4617 viewsEsox_Lucius

The trouble is, he isn't alone. So many "fans" are wallowing in their own misery and sharing that misery all over the internet. Just turn up at the games, cheer the team on and leave all the negativity where it belongs; at the bottom of a glass.

The grass is always greener.

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:51 - Aug 9 with 4614 viewsTrom

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:28 - Aug 9 by paulparker

I disagree it’s been a poor summer, we lost 3 defenders and replaced them with one
We have no cover at left back and none at right back our competitors have bought well
All the money we do have us put towards FFP because our owner is a buffoon he should be abused as he has put this club back 20 years
The only positive is we didn’t under sell Freeman and we got Eze on a long term deal

20 years ago we were screwed and taking out the ABC loan - just saying
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:07 - Aug 9 with 4522 viewsLblock

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:51 - Aug 9 by Trom

So taking us back 20 years is almost spot on then?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 4504 viewssmegma

Not on tw@tter but I am on faceache (well said Ted). Some of our 'fans' need a slap, some i even know and class as 'friends'. '
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:21 - Aug 9 with 4437 viewspaulparker

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:51 - Aug 9 by Trom

And in 20 years we haven’t progressed one iota ,
Leicester , Fulham, palace , Bournemouth, Southampton off the top of my head have also been in trouble and admin and in palace case they have been in admin twice , we are now light years away from them
In that 20 years we have no training ground we are behind other clubs in regards of stadiums
We had our chance not once but twice and we still blew it , we cannot compete with ipswich, Wigan and Blackburn when it comes to finance this season even Brentford are showing us up
I have nothing against the youngsters in this side I hope they do well but this hasn’t been a successful summer no matter how many die hard fans try to dress it up we are in a right old mess

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:22 - Aug 9 with 4429 viewsHunterhoop

Post of the month.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:27 - Aug 9 with 4406 viewsTrom

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:07 - Aug 9 by Lblock

So taking us back 20 years is almost spot on then?

Well, the only time we haven't been in trouble financially is when Tony et al came in and started spending. So all they've done is waste their own cash.

The difference now is that we are constrained from spending due to FFP rules, whereas back then it was because we had no sources of cash and were forced into administration. So this time bankruptcy is not such a threat.

No doubt the shareholders made a mess of it but they've remained at the club and have converted debt into equity. So no burden to the club ultimately.

The only way to convert equity into cash is to sell the club and the only way to sell the club is to turn it into a viable business or find somebody with more money than sense. Given you used to have to be a millionaire but now have to be a billionaire I'd say the latter is unlikely.

You can be angry at the wasted opportunity but it is what it is. I think you just have to accept that this is the new reality for QPR. On the plus, it means we are forced to develop players. It's been great to see players come through from the youth teams.

Even 20 years ago we'd stopped producing youth players to any meaningful degree. So you can argue that actually we've been set back more than 20 years to a time when the club had an identity and meaning in the community.

Bringing players through, developing and selling was the QPR of old. Personally, I doubt any of us support QPR for the glory. It's much more about family ties and locality of the club. I like this new QPR.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:27 - Aug 9 with 4405 viewsDejR_vu

Should be outed and banned

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:28 - Aug 9 with 4397 viewsStevenageRanger

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:21 - Aug 9 by paulparker

And in 20 years we haven’t progressed one iota ,
Leicester , Fulham, palace , Bournemouth, Southampton off the top of my head have also been in trouble and admin and in palace case they have been in admin twice , we are now light years away from them
In that 20 years we have no training ground we are behind other clubs in regards of stadiums
We had our chance not once but twice and we still blew it , we cannot compete with ipswich, Wigan and Blackburn when it comes to finance this season even Brentford are showing us up
I have nothing against the youngsters in this side I hope they do well but this hasn’t been a successful summer no matter how many die hard fans try to dress it up we are in a right old mess

The original post is spot on IMO.

I have learnt SOME fans just love to moan. People saying we have lost Nedum, the same Nedum who was slated every single week by no doubt them fans. Play the YOUTH people cried out for, we are doing that.

Some people will never be happy. We are QPR not Barcelona, we will sell our players if the price is right, we wont get every player we want, just because we love the club (well most of us) doesnt mean a Striker from Accrington or a defender from Huddersfield feels the same way!!

I don't think for one minute we will challenge this year but will get behind the team and enjoy it.

If it makes you that wound up supporting the club at the minute take a break, we will still be here in years to come and you may get the love back.

Come on you R's
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:29 - Aug 9 with 4390 viewsHunterhoop

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:49 - Aug 9 by Esox_Lucius

The trouble is, he isn't alone. So many "fans" are wallowing in their own misery and sharing that misery all over the internet. Just turn up at the games, cheer the team on and leave all the negativity where it belongs; at the bottom of a glass.

Exactly Esox.

I don’t get it. Misguidedly perhaps, I am really looking forward to Sat. Meeting my mates, a few beers, the excitement of a new season and some exciting youngsters coming through. It’s great.

Can’t wait to SUPPORT my team.

None of us are here for the glory. Deep down, we all know it’s tough. But surely we all will us on to do well.

If anyone has any twinges about wanting us to fail “to prove a point”, or “prove you right”, do us all a favour and don’t come to games. We all have opinions, all get frustrated, all criticise. But, we are all meant to be supporters.

Everyone on Sat, support our team.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:40 - Aug 9 with 4321 viewsdaveB

I'm sick of all the moaning, not digging out PP as think he does make some very valid points so don't want this to come across as me having a go at him. I'm just sick of the moaning and groaning on facebook and twitter

I just think it's been non stop for years now. First we signed too many players, then not enough, the the wrong sort it's never blood ending. Whatever they do gets attacked.

A year ago it was non stop moaning that Holloway would try and sign too many players (he didn't) then moans he would chop and change the system (he didn't) then moans he didn't change the system and was holding back these wonderful players, then when he got sacked moans that the new man wasn't good enough, now it's moans the players are not good enough so we need more and we need to sign more players.

I'm not for a second suggesting everything is wonderful and we have no problems, we could go down this season just as we could have done last year but we could have a decent season. I've no idea what will happen thats part of the charm.

We'll need to do well in the loan market but really I just don't think it's all as bleak as many make out.

It seems that success is now judged on how many players you sign. Sky today going on about how great Everton have done and laughing at Spurs making no signings, you know when the football starts Spurs will be miles better than Everton but that doesn't seem to matter
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 4281 viewsAgedR

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:27 - Aug 9 by Trom

Well, the only time we haven't been in trouble financially is when Tony et al came in and started spending. So all they've done is waste their own cash.

The difference now is that we are constrained from spending due to FFP rules, whereas back then it was because we had no sources of cash and were forced into administration. So this time bankruptcy is not such a threat.

No doubt the shareholders made a mess of it but they've remained at the club and have converted debt into equity. So no burden to the club ultimately.

The only way to convert equity into cash is to sell the club and the only way to sell the club is to turn it into a viable business or find somebody with more money than sense. Given you used to have to be a millionaire but now have to be a billionaire I'd say the latter is unlikely.

You can be angry at the wasted opportunity but it is what it is. I think you just have to accept that this is the new reality for QPR. On the plus, it means we are forced to develop players. It's been great to see players come through from the youth teams.

Even 20 years ago we'd stopped producing youth players to any meaningful degree. So you can argue that actually we've been set back more than 20 years to a time when the club had an identity and meaning in the community.

Bringing players through, developing and selling was the QPR of old. Personally, I doubt any of us support QPR for the glory. It's much more about family ties and locality of the club. I like this new QPR.

Fantastic post.

I like this QPR too.

A return to punching above our weight would be nice, however, anyone harking back to those ridiculous transfer deadline days we had can get plenty of tha over the other side of Hammersmith.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:58 - Aug 9 with 4246 viewscolinallcars

I like to think we have “bottomed out” and will become stable. One day very soon, the top Prem clubs with their oversees owners will join a Euro Super League with no promotion or relegation our leagues will change because of this and the Prem will be less of a promised land, leading to a rethink on how our clubs are run financially.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 22:15 - Aug 9 with 4126 viewsNW10Hoop

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:28 - Aug 9 by paulparker

"All the money we do have us put towards FFP because our owner is a buffoon he should be abused as he has put this club back 20 years "

Respectfully disagree. It's not our owners' buffoonery that is making us sell our best players and have to seek transfers from the bottom of the barrel. Even if we had stayed within the FFP rules in the past we'd still struggle to work within the league's stipulations.

We have a group of owners who have very deep pockets, and while I do think they have learnt lessons and would never sign another Bosingwa or SWP, if it were within the rules, they'd be aiming for transfers of a different calibre and price range than we currently are.

The things holding us back are -
The FFP rule - it seems impossible for a club of our size to thrive with the current laws.
Our stadium - The need for extra revenue from our stadium are more urgent than ever while our owners aren't allowed to chuck their money into the club for transfers and wages.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 22:22 - Aug 9 with 4086 viewskensalriser

Fernandes isn't 'the' owner.

Never has been, and now isn't even a majority shareholder.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024