Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tangerine Match Thread 18:41 - Sep 25 with 25165 viewsPinnerPaul

Not sure the 'Blackpool' thread counts as a match thread, so have started a bona fide one!

Who knows what the score/team will be.

I'll go for 1-2 I'm sorry to say
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 25 with 2176 viewsHunterhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 19:50 - Sep 25 by loftus77

I know what you mean, Hunter, but it just feels wrong...the whole thing... - for the fans who have travelled, for a competition that gave us our only major honour to date etc.

Hope I'mm proved wrong tonight - I obviousy just do not get modern football.

Don’t get me wrong, I 100% agree with you and FDC just said about this clearly not being SM’s best team.

I would love us to take the cup seriously. I don’t understand why we consider it less important than the league. In my view, it’s not, especially when “mid table” is the target!

And I get hot frustrating it must be for the fans.

I was just saying that it’s not the worst cup side we’ve put out before. At least there’s a semblance of logic to players and positions and several have been first teamers at some point.

Oh, there you go, losing now. Typical. Must have been the most silently celebrated goal ever.

Btw, we’ve committed 11 fouls to their 0?! Wtf?!
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:16 - Sep 25 with 2165 viewsted_hendrix

We haven't lost yet

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:17 - Sep 25 with 2125 viewsderbyhoop

We're not at the races

Blackpool attempts 6, On Target 4
QPR 1 and 1

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:19 - Sep 25 with 2036 viewsFDC

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 25 by qprd

wait, so was scowen not taken off due to injury?

From the comms it sounded like he was subbed immediately after getting away with what should've been a second yellow

Chair on a yellow too now
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:19 - Sep 25 with 2038 viewskropotkin41

This is what you call a capitulation Could have stayed in W12 and saved the petrol. The team that is, not me.... cos I'm in Wales :)
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 20:22]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:20 - Sep 25 with 1985 viewsHunterhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 25 by daveB

mate thats a weak side, if that team started in a league game they'd get slaughtered. Pissing away another cup competition

See above, just explaining why I don’t think it’s *that* weak on paper. I agree it’s still nowhere near our strongest side, and it pusses me off we take this approach to the cups. I think football has gone mad with the way cups are seen nowadays.

I just meant there appears to be some logic at least and that’ve put worse sides out in cup games before.

Probably get tonked now. Was Scowen taken off due to injury or tactics?
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:21 - Sep 25 with 1968 viewsderbyhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:19 - Sep 25 by FDC

From the comms it sounded like he was subbed immediately after getting away with what should've been a second yellow

Chair on a yellow too now

Predicted the yellow for Chair. After 2 previous offences.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:21 - Sep 25 with 1957 viewsaston_hoop

Frankie Sutherland scored for Bromley, forgot about him!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:22 - Sep 25 with 1911 viewsHunterhoop

15 fouls now...in 36 mins?! Wtf is going on?!
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:25 - Sep 25 with 1811 viewsFDC

Lesser Spotted Goss on a yellow now too... Defo not finishing this with a full compliment of players
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:25 - Sep 25 with 1801 viewsbosh67

What a weird team to put out tonight. Just weird and they appear to be kicking Blackpool up in the air to no effect.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:26 - Sep 25 with 1776 viewsqprd

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:25 - Sep 25 by FDC

Lesser Spotted Goss on a yellow now too... Defo not finishing this with a full compliment of players

you know somethings up with the squad when goss expends enough energy to get a booking
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:27 - Sep 25 with 1748 viewsdaveB

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:20 - Sep 25 by Hunterhoop

See above, just explaining why I don’t think it’s *that* weak on paper. I agree it’s still nowhere near our strongest side, and it pusses me off we take this approach to the cups. I think football has gone mad with the way cups are seen nowadays.

I just meant there appears to be some logic at least and that’ve put worse sides out in cup games before.

Probably get tonked now. Was Scowen taken off due to injury or tactics?

He was about to be sent off as was kicking lumps out of them.

Agree we've picked worse ones for the cup but away at Blackpool chance of last 16 and we've tried to win with one arm tied behind our back. I don't think McClaren is in a strong enough position to do this. I know we have 3 games next week but seems one extreme to the other at the moment, not going to do the kids a favour all thrown in with little experience in the side
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 20:28]
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:27 - Sep 25 with 1717 viewsHunterhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:25 - Sep 25 by bosh67

What a weird team to put out tonight. Just weird and they appear to be kicking Blackpool up in the air to no effect.

17 fouls after 40! Our rate of fouls is increasing!

What is the record in a match?
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:29 - Sep 25 with 1654 viewspaulparker

Can we please end this dreadful season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:29 - Sep 25 with 1649 viewsRs_Holy

Well I suppose it’s best to go out quietly this round rather than conceding a cricket score against a Liverpool or ManUre in the next!!!?
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:30 - Sep 25 with 1635 viewsHunterhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:27 - Sep 25 by daveB

He was about to be sent off as was kicking lumps out of them.

Agree we've picked worse ones for the cup but away at Blackpool chance of last 16 and we've tried to win with one arm tied behind our back. I don't think McClaren is in a strong enough position to do this. I know we have 3 games next week but seems one extreme to the other at the moment, not going to do the kids a favour all thrown in with little experience in the side
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 20:28]

Agree. Hell of a risk from him. I do think he needs to be more conciliatory all round to the fan base or he’s cooked.

And yes, very strange to have neither the skipper or vice skipper in the squad!
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:30 - Sep 25 with 1615 viewsMistication92

Anyone got a commentary link?
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:31 - Sep 25 with 1588 viewsHarbour

4 Rs booked can see a red coming...have this team ever played together?
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:32 - Sep 25 with 1543 viewsderbyhoop

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:26 - Sep 25 by qprd

you know somethings up with the squad when goss expends enough energy to get a booking

BBC saying 4th booking was to Cousins. His only mention in first 40 minutes.

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:33 - Sep 25 with 1527 viewsactonman

Teams ruffle us up all the time but seem to do it methodically and without consequence from the officials . We do it and just turn into a pub team .
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:33 - Sep 25 with 1527 viewsdavman

Smith, Cousins and especially Scowen clearly don't want to challenge the first team. They are truly dreadful.

Scowen completely lost it, was taken off before he got sent off.

No one seems to want to play it forward.

Shocking ref too. This is not a great Tuesday.

BOS and Hall only positives so far.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:33 - Sep 25 with 1523 viewscolinallcars

This looks like being an evening of utter humiliation for the Rangers
The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:35 - Sep 25 with 1424 viewsbosh67

Are we going to starve Sylla to death for game time. I find it disgraceful that one of the players who can actually put the ball in the net on occasion doesn't even make this bench. We treat our players like c*nts sometimes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Tangerine Match Thread on 20:35 - Sep 25 with 1411 viewsqprd

Who needs a cup run when we can worry about finishing 17th
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024