Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timewasting and sh1thousery 20:48 - Dec 15 with 7047 viewsNW5Hoop

I'm absolutely sick of it. We started wasting time immediately after the first goal today — after five minutes. There was one point where we won a free kick in our own half. Eze dribbled on into the Boro box and left the ball there. Wells retrieved it and kicked it five yards to someone else, who kicked it another five yards back. Before one of the Boro players finally kicked it all the way back.

In the second half, right in front of me, we won a throw. Bidwell decided he was unable to catch the ball lobbed gently to him by the Boro bench, and instead let it bounce of his chest. First he clutched his chest, as if he'd been punched, then when the ball was gently tapped back to him, he let it roll past him. When the linesman suggested he get on with it, he whined — he actually whined, I could hear it — "But he kicked it past me!" Six inches to your left, mate.

I don't care that everyone else does it, too. It's pathetic. It ruins the game. Referees have got to start clamping down on it properly. Just start throwing cards at them, and they'll grow out of it.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 20:52]
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 20:53 - Dec 15 with 5440 viewsEsox_Lucius

I couldn't agree more, we were the dominant force in today's game, why resort to all that bollocks. I don't like it in other teams and I don't like it in ours.

The grass is always greener.

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 20:58 - Dec 15 with 5399 viewsStanisgod

Totally agree. Can't moan at others when we do it ourselves. Lumleys the worst. Makes it so obvious and I thought we were lucky to get away with only 4 minutes extra injury/time added on or whatever it's called now.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:07 - Dec 15 with 5340 viewsenfieldargh

refs are totally blind to most of it or dont stamp down on it after 1st show.

I thought Flint reffed the game very well

Have refs forgotten about dissent?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:23 - Dec 15 with 5255 viewsNorthLondonR

I do agree but isn't it nice to be the team that resorts to it rather than having the Preston treatment time and again? It's a shit shower however and refs need to take control.

Not sure how they're supposed to with Pulis nagging down their lugs every time he disagrees with anything, which is most of the game. And Flint was embarrassing.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:33 - Dec 15 with 5221 viewsWatford_Ranger

There’s a line and I don’t think we crossed it today. Last week we were apparently naive so don’t think people can have it both ways. Frankly in this league take everything you can because you rarely get what you deserve.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:36 - Dec 15 with 5205 viewsNW5Hoop

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:33 - Dec 15 by Watford_Ranger

There’s a line and I don’t think we crossed it today. Last week we were apparently naive so don’t think people can have it both ways. Frankly in this league take everything you can because you rarely get what you deserve.

I'm not having it both ways. I hate everyone doing it. Referees should clamp down. We were wasting time after five minutes — how is that not crossing a line?
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:47 - Dec 15 with 5140 viewsdanehoop

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:36 - Dec 15 by NW5Hoop

I'm not having it both ways. I hate everyone doing it. Referees should clamp down. We were wasting time after five minutes — how is that not crossing a line?

Because in doing so we hadn't sufficiently transgressed the rules of the game sufficiently to be censured. In the approach we took,we kept the game at the speed we wanted and disrupted 'Boro's momentum.

We won today with what was potentially a weakened side. We generally played really well, had 17 shots on goal and thoroughly deserved to win against what on paper was an experienced tough and physical team.

Rather than complain about a perceived negative, especially when the officials didn't feel it merited significant attention , perhaps enjoy a rare moment of success after a couple of weeks of disappointment.

Never knowingly understood

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:47 - Dec 15 with 5140 viewsWatford_Ranger

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:36 - Dec 15 by NW5Hoop

Without checking my stopwatch, I wouldn’t call it excessive á la Preston. We weren’t rushing but why would we? Is it any worse than Shotton preparing every throw-in for ten seconds?

I wasn’t at Leeds but it sounded like we were desperate at times last week and did cross the line there.
Login to get fewer ads

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:02 - Dec 15 with 5082 viewsNW5Hoop

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:47 - Dec 15 by danehoop

Because in doing so we hadn't sufficiently transgressed the rules of the game sufficiently to be censured. In the approach we took,we kept the game at the speed we wanted and disrupted 'Boro's momentum.

We won today with what was potentially a weakened side. We generally played really well, had 17 shots on goal and thoroughly deserved to win against what on paper was an experienced tough and physical team.

Rather than complain about a perceived negative, especially when the officials didn't feel it merited significant attention , perhaps enjoy a rare moment of success after a couple of weeks of disappointment.

That's my point. We weren't censured. We should have been. Every team who does it should be. The game is meant to be an entertainment, not a grim exercise in trying to make sure no football is played. And it's a new thing - the last two or three years. Before then it was generally confined to the last few minutes of a game. Referees at the World Cup stamped down on it, so I don't know why the Championship ones can't.

I'm glad we won, but I am sick of all the things that ruin football as a spectacle. I am more concerned about enjoying the game for itself than enjoying it purely because my team won. So I'll moan about this as much as I like.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 22:11]
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 5048 viewscolinallcars

I agree - people spend a lot of money to see a match and by blatant time wasting, teams are robbing us by devaluing the spectacle. It must stop.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:16 - Dec 15 with 5006 viewsQPR_John

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:02 - Dec 15 by NW5Hoop

That's my point. We weren't censured. We should have been. Every team who does it should be. The game is meant to be an entertainment, not a grim exercise in trying to make sure no football is played. And it's a new thing - the last two or three years. Before then it was generally confined to the last few minutes of a game. Referees at the World Cup stamped down on it, so I don't know why the Championship ones can't.

I'm glad we won, but I am sick of all the things that ruin football as a spectacle. I am more concerned about enjoying the game for itself than enjoying it purely because my team won. So I'll moan about this as much as I like.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 22:11]

"Referees at the World Cup stamped down on it, so I don't know why the Championship ones can't"

You answer your own question. Championship referees are not World Cup referees
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:23 - Dec 15 with 4964 viewsNW5Hoop

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:16 - Dec 15 by QPR_John

"Referees at the World Cup stamped down on it, so I don't know why the Championship ones can't"

You answer your own question. Championship referees are not World Cup referees

No, it's a policy thing, not an ability thing. WC refs were given instructions to clamp down on stuff that ruined the spectacle, with generally admirable results. Wish the FA would do the same in the English game.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:59 - Dec 15 with 4836 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't think we crossed a line today. As danehoop points out we had a weakened team and when you score early on it's wise to take the heat out of the game for a few minutes.

The one bit that I thought was too much was late on when Lumley caught a ball uncontested then for no reason dropped in stages to the ground and lay there holding the ball. Friend (I think) stood beside him and while looking at the ref started counting the passing seconds with his fingers (his own fingers, not Lumleys', which would be a foul I suppose).

Generally speaking, we have been naïve for years. While I don't like excessive timewasting I think some of it is wise and we could do with more of it, not less.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 23:21 - Dec 15 with 4759 viewsQPR_John

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:59 - Dec 15 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think we crossed a line today. As danehoop points out we had a weakened team and when you score early on it's wise to take the heat out of the game for a few minutes.

The one bit that I thought was too much was late on when Lumley caught a ball uncontested then for no reason dropped in stages to the ground and lay there holding the ball. Friend (I think) stood beside him and while looking at the ref started counting the passing seconds with his fingers (his own fingers, not Lumleys', which would be a foul I suppose).

Generally speaking, we have been naïve for years. While I don't like excessive timewasting I think some of it is wise and we could do with more of it, not less.

"The one bit that I thought was too much was late on when Lumley caught a ball uncontested then for no reason dropped in stages to the ground and lay there holding the ball."

He could have easily slipped on the wet surface I don't know. But the point is how would you phrase any law to penalise that
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 23:40 - Dec 15 with 4696 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I paid my money today and didn't come out of it thinking I was robbed because of timewasting. I enjoyed the game, the timewasting is part of it. Our ball boy throwing the ball away a personal highlight of me. I will agree though that Lumley does take the piss a bit with it. Does it from the 1st minute to the last, even if we aren't winning. It's a bit odd. I want to see it stamped down on, but if it gets us a win and we aren't getting done for it then personally couldn't care less. That being said I'm sure my mind will change if Forest are doing it to us next Saturday and we lose

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 00:20 - Dec 16 with 4600 viewsstowmarketrange

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 23:40 - Dec 15 by RANGERS4EVER

I paid my money today and didn't come out of it thinking I was robbed because of timewasting. I enjoyed the game, the timewasting is part of it. Our ball boy throwing the ball away a personal highlight of me. I will agree though that Lumley does take the piss a bit with it. Does it from the 1st minute to the last, even if we aren't winning. It's a bit odd. I want to see it stamped down on, but if it gets us a win and we aren't getting done for it then personally couldn't care less. That being said I'm sure my mind will change if Forest are doing it to us next Saturday and we lose

Or Hull doing it to us in our last home game.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 01:13 - Dec 16 with 4511 viewssmegma

We never got a yellow card today. People are moaning the referee didn't book anyone for time wasting.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 01:50 - Dec 16 with 4465 viewsqprd

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:08 - Dec 15 by colinallcars

I agree - people spend a lot of money to see a match and by blatant time wasting, teams are robbing us by devaluing the spectacle. It must stop.

Really?

So if qpr didn’t timewaste and boro used the extra time to score an equaliser, would you be happier than if We won with blatant time wasting?

I actually enjoyed the timewasting. It’s part of the gamesmanship, just like when the boro defender pulled down wzolek on the counter. Why should qpr not take advantage of the rules that every other team is?

Why is lumleys timewasting any different than oteh going to the corner flag?

I’d rather win cynically than draw or lose sportingly.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 06:53 - Dec 16 with 4296 viewstimcocking

I agree completely about time wasting. They need to eradicate it now. Games are fifteen minutes shorter than they should be. Expensive enough, without making them shorter.

I didn't think we did much wasting today, though, did we? And with a few minutes to go, waste away, i don't mind then, that's only sensible.

Needs to be sorted by the powers that be. You can't blame the managers, their jobs are on the line.

While we're at it, shirt pulling is really getting on my tits now. It seems obligatory for both players nowadays.

Although when playing, i'd do it when i had to.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 6:56]
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 10:30 - Dec 16 with 3985 viewsfrancisbowles

My impression today was the referee wasn't going to allow excessive time wasting, so the players, by and large, respected that and didn't do much more than 'take their time'.

I thought there was a lot less than I have seen in other games.

I am pleased that we have lost a bit of naivety and aren't consistently conceding late goals as we used to do.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 10:53 - Dec 16 with 3915 viewsjonno

Disgraceful though it is, it would be unrealistic to expect some teams not to engage in it when others do. This is a professional sport after all. It's up to the authorities to stamp it out so that all teams abide by the same rules.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 11:30 - Dec 16 with 3848 viewsted_hendrix

I'm in the hypocrite camp.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 13:00 - Dec 16 with 3744 viewsTearsofrage

Time-wasting is regrettable and wrecks the spirit of the game but if it frustrates the likes of the obnoxious Flint who attempted to ref the game from the first minute and the sheer bloodyminded unpleasantness of any Pulis team then I, like Mr Hendrix am 100% for it. I'd love to watch 90 minutes of blinding football played with sportsmanship and skill but that, sadly, wins few points in a cynical football world.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 15:16 - Dec 16 with 3630 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I absolutely love seeing it from the Rs but cannot abide it in others. Filthy dirty Northern tactic for them, cunning gamesmanship from us.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 15:41 - Dec 16 with 3588 viewsterryb

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 13:00 - Dec 16 by Tearsofrage

Time-wasting is regrettable and wrecks the spirit of the game but if it frustrates the likes of the obnoxious Flint who attempted to ref the game from the first minute and the sheer bloodyminded unpleasantness of any Pulis team then I, like Mr Hendrix am 100% for it. I'd love to watch 90 minutes of blinding football played with sportsmanship and skill but that, sadly, wins few points in a cynical football world.

The "spirit of the game" is broken everytime you deliberately foul an opponent! Or set up an offside trap that catches them unaware.

I have no problem with either!

I didn't think that we overdid the time wasting yesterday & I didn't think Hull did either. Neither time did anyone do more than i would have done if I'd been a player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024