Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 23:10 - Feb 15 with 4928 viewsBklynRanger

A game of fine margins against an expensively assembled team. Some things could have been done better at both ends but I was proud of us so no point talking about it.

On the Ellerslie Road afterwards there was a whole 'EPL' style camera and light crew scene interviewing a Watford fan - quickly swarmed by children screaming 'Watford are shit'.

Proud and gutted in equal measure.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 23:19]
Just back on 23:16 - Feb 15 with 3900 viewsDejR_vu

Thought we played well but we’ve got a soft under-belly.

Got the impression Watford had another couple of gears if needed.

Decent game. Good atmosphere.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just back on 23:31 - Feb 15 with 3753 viewsBostonR

I thought Watford were dreadful and there for the taking. It’s a missed opportunity and with a bit more belief and propers subs we deserved more. Loved watching Leistner dominate fatboy Deeney and Freeman plus Luongo were excellent in the second half.
We just need a bit of luck to go our way and results will come. Have to say if they are top 10 in PL it must be a poor standard.
Just back on 23:51 - Feb 15 with 3617 viewskensalriser

Watford did what they needed to do. I thought they were a competent, tidy side with some decent players but strangely boring. No flair and Deeney's starting to look a bit like a thinking person's Grant Holt. Gray was anonymous.

In the end we failed to put away any of our three decent chances (if Wells had connected properly with instead of shanking Freeman's pass that was a goal) and Watford scored from one half chance.

If we can play like this most weeks we won't be bothered by any relegation trouble.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just back on 00:10 - Feb 16 with 3520 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thought we had good shape and were more than a match for them in most areas. Very unlucky with their goal and at absolutely the wrong time. Thought the subs were about right. Someone is due a spanking from us and I really really hope it's West Brom!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 00:28 - Feb 16 with 3429 viewsbob566

Freemans first half performance was so good. Think a few clubs might come knocking
Just back on 00:43 - Feb 16 with 3360 viewsVancouverHoop

You'd think so. He's clearly Premier League standard and this Summer would be the right time, given his age.
Just back on 01:47 - Feb 16 with 3229 viewsWilloW4

Just back on 23:16 - Feb 15 by DejR_vu

Thought we played well but we’ve got a soft under-belly.

Got the impression Watford had another couple of gears if needed.

Decent game. Good atmosphere.

We should of gone for it... I thought we were powder puff poor ... Watford were were lazy and poor... Ropey goal.. But they never really got out of second gear.... Very disappointed all round.
Just back on 01:57 - Feb 16 with 3206 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 01:47 - Feb 16 by WilloW4

We should of gone for it... I thought we were powder puff poor ... Watford were were lazy and poor... Ropey goal.. But they never really got out of second gear.... Very disappointed all round.

Powder puff poor?!! Wake the fcuk up.

They’re, sadly, a top 10 Prem club! We have one of the lowest budgets in the Champ. Their team tonight probably costs 5 times what ours does to pay each week.

We were marginally better, marginally deserved the result. We didn’t get it. Luck fcked us.

But you either get behind this team and understand where we’re at...or you don’t.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 07:37 - Feb 16 with 2886 viewstraininvain

Just back on 01:57 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

They’re, sadly, a top 10 Prem club! We have one of the lowest budgets in the Champ. Their team tonight probably costs 5 times what ours does to pay each week.

We were marginally better, marginally deserved the result. We didn’t get it. Luck fcked us.

But you either get behind this team and understand where we’re at...or you don’t.

That’s the way I see it. Hard to feel too disappointed as we were the better team and the players gave 100% against a better team. Just didn’t get the luck we deserved which is the story of the last few games.

I’m clinging to the hope that must be due a lot of good luck after all this bad luck!
Just back on 07:38 - Feb 16 with 2885 viewsMancR

"powder puff poor" ?!?! No we effing weren't.
Just back on 08:01 - Feb 16 with 2812 viewsdavman

Just back on 01:57 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

***dons tin hat***

We were fantastic and competed all over the pitch. BUT, aside from crosses, how many saves did Uncle Fester have to make?

I think our attack was, and generally has been since Xmas, a bit "powder puff". Along with the Midfield and the defence, it is My biggest worry about next season.

As to the smallest budget in the league not quite yet, but we are getting there. Millwall can't afford Matt Smith's wages FFS. More cloth cutting needed over the next two seasons.

Just think what we'll be like without Luke Freeman...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just back on 08:02 - Feb 16 with 2795 viewsDiscodroids

I only watched the game at home on bt sport so defer to people that were there and saw the game in the flesh but my initial reaction on the watford goal was that Lumley went to ground slower than frankie fraser in his rampton romper suit straight jacket after experimental home office pacification drugs were laced in his bread and water.

It also seemed to me that he jumped over the shot which reminded me of Ingram for Bristol City's first goal against us in their 3 nil win at Loftus road back in August. Joe was Possibly unsighted due to so many bodies in the way.

Just an observation and not putting my size 10 red or dead chukka boots in, he reminds me of a young chris woods and i hope he's our goalie for the next ten years.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 8:35]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Just back on 08:17 - Feb 16 with 2728 viewsStreathamRanger

Someone said a couple of games ago that Lumley could do with a rest but we just don't have anyone capable of coming in to replace him. My view on last night was that he looked lacking in confidence. A bit slow off his line on a few occasions and nowhere near as mouthy as he was earlier in the season.
Not been the same since he got kicked in the face at Villa. Hopefully his confidence along with the rest of the team will return once we pick up a win or two.
On a side note, I thought Cousins was excellent playing higher up the pitch and we lost our way once Pav went off and he was pushed out wide. Bodes well for the rest of the season though if he can play like that more regularly.
Just back on 08:25 - Feb 16 with 2682 viewsDiscodroids

It might have been the 8 cans of Adnams southwold lager altering the five known senses but i thought Cousins was decent last night.

A bit like Ben Gladwin and Jordan Mutch I still cling to this insane hope that he will come good. He's built like Mike Katz ripped to the tits on creatine monohydrates and imo, gives us a bit of physicality as opposed to the finer graceful arts of Luongo and Freeman.

Having said that he'll probably play like Geoff Pike in the next game.

What a bastard. The remainder of the season now looks about as exciting as a trip to Kwik fit to have your wheels tracked and balanced.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 8:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Just back on 08:48 - Feb 16 with 2584 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Just back on 00:10 - Feb 16 by CliveWilsonSaid

Thought we had good shape and were more than a match for them in most areas. Very unlucky with their goal and at absolutely the wrong time. Thought the subs were about right. Someone is due a spanking from us and I really really hope it's West Brom!

If not West Brom. Could we build up with a few wins and save the spanking for Stoke please
Just back on 08:59 - Feb 16 with 2500 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 08:48 - Feb 16 by dodge_stoke_r

If not West Brom. Could we build up with a few wins and save the spanking for Stoke please

Yes. I can sanction that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 09:09 - Feb 16 with 2454 viewsPunteR

For their goal why did we have two marking the short corner ? We seemed a bit lopsided leaving them space at the back for a free shot, then when the player mishit it we were all over the shop. Thats how i saw their goal anyway. Gutting.

We worked really hard and were the better team. Freeman is fantastic , best player on the pitch. Cousins played well i thought especially the first half putting in some good tackles and chasing down. We just lacked the finishing touch or the killer ball to get through the defence. The big man little man combo of Wells and Smith wasn't there and very rarely one of our players got on the end to Smiths knock downs unfortunately because there were opportunities.
I didn't see a gulf in class between the two sides as i was expecting and thought Watford were pretty average.
Shame we couldn't progress but the players this season have done well and are a massive improvement to the ones we've had in the past.
Good to sing the OBZ song and reminisce but i couldn't help think how much that season actually cost us in the end. Yeh we will probably sell Freeman this summer unfortunately.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 09:24 - Feb 16 with 2392 viewsHadders

Credit to the club for pricing this fairly , as it was wonderful to have the old place filled to the rusty rafters, and the atmosphere was the best this season. A great advert for Friday night football, though that needs no advertising to me: I always love it. It was "only" the 5th Round , but if we'd taken our chances and won last night, it would have been one of those electrifying occasions we remember for years. You could tell it meant a lot to the players, too - they were desperate to score and did us proud.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 15:07]
Just back on 09:42 - Feb 16 with 2297 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back on 08:02 - Feb 16 by Discodroids

I only watched the game at home on bt sport so defer to people that were there and saw the game in the flesh but my initial reaction on the watford goal was that Lumley went to ground slower than frankie fraser in his rampton romper suit straight jacket after experimental home office pacification drugs were laced in his bread and water.

It also seemed to me that he jumped over the shot which reminded me of Ingram for Bristol City's first goal against us in their 3 nil win at Loftus road back in August. Joe was Possibly unsighted due to so many bodies in the way.

Just an observation and not putting my size 10 red or dead chukka boots in, he reminds me of a young chris woods and i hope he's our goalie for the next ten years.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 8:35]

Comms were saying that the shot for the goal was deflected, Disco.

Not sure if true or not.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 09:42 - Feb 16 with 2296 viewsCroydonCaptJack

For all those saying Watford didn't get out of gear, that is rubbish. We were excellent and comfortably had the better chances. They took virtually the only one they had at a crucial time. Their subs prove they knew they were in a match last night.
Just back on 10:06 - Feb 16 with 2220 views08olesen

Just back on 08:17 - Feb 16 by StreathamRanger

Someone said a couple of games ago that Lumley could do with a rest but we just don't have anyone capable of coming in to replace him. My view on last night was that he looked lacking in confidence. A bit slow off his line on a few occasions and nowhere near as mouthy as he was earlier in the season.
Not been the same since he got kicked in the face at Villa. Hopefully his confidence along with the rest of the team will return once we pick up a win or two.
On a side note, I thought Cousins was excellent playing higher up the pitch and we lost our way once Pav went off and he was pushed out wide. Bodes well for the rest of the season though if he can play like that more regularly.

Agreed, I thought Cousins was one of the best players on the pitch. I thought BFG did well against TD as well. I came away very frustrated last night, because they did all the hard work and just could not find that finish, very annoying.

A lot of them look like they are suffering from a long season at the moment. I think we look a little slower on the press and less clinical at the top. That being said, it was a great atmosphere and we can be proud of the lads.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Just back on 10:21 - Feb 16 with 2164 viewslondonscottish

Just back on 09:42 - Feb 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Comms were saying that the shot for the goal was deflected, Disco.

Not sure if true or not.

I didn't notice a deflection but the goal did come across a bit soft from where I was in the lower loft.

It was literally the first time in the game that we gave any real space in a dangerous area and they took it.

Bastsrds.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Just back on 10:21 - Feb 16 with 2160 viewsStreathamRanger

Just back on 10:06 - Feb 16 by 08olesen

Agreed, I thought Cousins was one of the best players on the pitch. I thought BFG did well against TD as well. I came away very frustrated last night, because they did all the hard work and just could not find that finish, very annoying.

A lot of them look like they are suffering from a long season at the moment. I think we look a little slower on the press and less clinical at the top. That being said, it was a great atmosphere and we can be proud of the lads.

BFG did a great job and got a number of important blocks and tackles in. We also seem to have a version of Grant Hall back who may not be made of glass. Just a shame that Michael Oliver allowed Deeney to ref the second half.
We have a small squad with very little depth so inevitable the players will get tired especially when the games start stacking up as they have done recently. One win, however ugly, should go someway to re-energising the team a bit who, for all their faults, are a very likeable squad who all give 100%.
Just back on 10:48 - Feb 16 with 2081 viewsfrancisbowles

Just back on 09:09 - Feb 16 by PunteR

For their goal why did we have two marking the short corner ? We seemed a bit lopsided leaving them space at the back for a free shot, then when the player mishit it we were all over the shop. Thats how i saw their goal anyway. Gutting.

We worked really hard and were the better team. Freeman is fantastic , best player on the pitch. Cousins played well i thought especially the first half putting in some good tackles and chasing down. We just lacked the finishing touch or the killer ball to get through the defence. The big man little man combo of Wells and Smith wasn't there and very rarely one of our players got on the end to Smiths knock downs unfortunately because there were opportunities.
I didn't see a gulf in class between the two sides as i was expecting and thought Watford were pretty average.
Shame we couldn't progress but the players this season have done well and are a massive improvement to the ones we've had in the past.
Good to sing the OBZ song and reminisce but i couldn't help think how much that season actually cost us in the end. Yeh we will probably sell Freeman this summer unfortunately.

I think you need two defenders go to mark when two opponents move to take a corner, otherwise you have a two on one develop if they do play it short.
Just back on 11:12 - Feb 16 with 1999 viewsNW5Hoop

I thought Watford were obviously the better team, but we had the better of the game, if you see what I mean. When they needed to be, they were better than us at crucial times in crucial areas. But I thought we gave them a very good game, and we certainly wouldn't have been undeserved winners.

Cousins was excellent last night. Freeman was more noticeable, but Cousins had a brilliant game mopping things up and playing sensible passes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024