Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A day that will live in infamy 20:50 - Jul 21 with 28211 viewscolinallcars

So, it looks like Boris Johnson will be named as next PM tomorrow. This country has hit rock bottom. If you think Theresa May was the worst, then think again.
A day that will live in infamy on 20:56 - Jul 21 with 7344 viewsWatford_Ranger

Give it ten minutes.
A day that will live in infamy on 21:23 - Jul 21 with 7263 viewsjohncharles

A day that will live in infamy on 20:56 - Jul 21 by Watford_Ranger

Give it ten minutes.

Hope to God he doesn’t last that long

Strong and stable my arse.

A day that will live in infamy on 21:27 - Jul 21 with 7259 viewsted_hendrix

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!

I'll get me designer coat.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

A day that will live in infamy on 21:32 - Jul 21 with 7246 viewsTonto

He will be revealed on Tuesday rather than to orrow but other then that...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

A day that will live in infamy on 22:44 - Jul 21 with 7089 viewsTacticalR

There was some interesting psychodrama from Johnson's biographer Sonia Purnell in today's Observer about how 'Al' became 'Boris':

'Unable to cope with the constant moves and Stanley’s womanising, Charlotte suffered a severe breakdown when the family went to Brussels. Her absence in hospital led to the Johnson brood having to learn how to fend for themselves.

Al and Rachel — the two eldest — were sent away to prep school in England. Family friends recall that Al now came under fire for his Turkish lineage and the fact that he lived in Brussels. As self-protection he started to hone an English eccentric persona, a seemingly bumbling figure in tatty clothes concealing a finely tuned mind bent on survival. By the time he went on to Eton, this public version of Al was growing more flamboyant — a transformation he enforced by changing to the more distinctive name of Boris.'

(The family lived in Brussels because Johnson's father was Head of Prevention of Pollution Division at the European Commission. He was one of the first British bureaucrats appointed to work at the European Commission after the United Kingdom joined in 1973. He later became an MEP.)

The 10 ages of Boris Johnson: a guide to his road to power
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/21/boris-johnson-route-to-number-1

Air hostess clique

A day that will live in infamy on 23:30 - Jul 21 with 7014 viewsDavieQPR

Not quite rock bottom I mean it's not Corbyn.
A day that will live in infamy on 00:32 - Jul 22 with 6940 viewsBoston

"A Day That Shall Live In Infamy"...would the next line be, he's coming out of the Sun?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A day that will live in infamy on 08:50 - Jul 22 with 6712 viewsWokingR

Login to get fewer ads

A day that will live in infamy on 08:58 - Jul 22 with 6695 viewsEsox_Lucius

A day that will live in infamy on 23:30 - Jul 21 by DavieQPR

Not quite rock bottom I mean it's not Corbyn.

If you think Corbyn would be a worse PM than Corbyn then you have been seriously brainwashed by MSM. Ask yourself why Corbyn has been the centre of one of the longest running, and most vicious character assassination campaigns ever seen conducted by the MSM.

The grass is always greener.

A day that will live in infamy on 09:03 - Jul 22 with 6682 viewscolinallcars

With support for Corbyn supposedly weakening, Johnson will probably call an early election saying it's “ in the interests of democracy “
A day that will live in infamy on 09:14 - Jul 22 with 6665 viewsessextaxiboy

A day that will live in infamy on 09:03 - Jul 22 by colinallcars

With support for Corbyn supposedly weakening, Johnson will probably call an early election saying it's “ in the interests of democracy “

Well it can't be had both ways, he is either elected by the members with no.election or he calls one .Do you expect him to wait until the opposition is ready ?
A day that will live in infamy on 09:17 - Jul 22 with 6655 viewsjohnhoop

Yeah because that worked so well for May.
A day that will live in infamy on 09:17 - Jul 22 with 6654 viewsessextaxiboy

A day that will live in infamy on 08:58 - Jul 22 by Esox_Lucius

If you think Corbyn would be a worse PM than Corbyn then you have been seriously brainwashed by MSM. Ask yourself why Corbyn has been the centre of one of the longest running, and most vicious character assassination campaigns ever seen conducted by the MSM.

So if there is an election and Labour make no headway it will be the media's fault ?
A day that will live in infamy on 09:25 - Jul 22 with 6626 viewsElHoop

Gravitas semper victor.

Or something like that anyway - ask Radiohead.
A day that will live in infamy on 09:33 - Jul 22 with 6614 viewsstevec

Some of you lot do love a 'Can't do'.

Labour party, full of them. Tories with May & Hammond the same.

The best thing about Boris, hes' a 'Can do'. And Can do's at least have a good go at it, even if it ends in failure.

As I've said all along, Boris will be leader, he'll call a quick election, oust the rebels in his party (if he's got any sense), force either a Deal in our favour with the EU or if they persist with their intransigence, go for No Deal on Oct 31st and fck the EU over via taxation.

If it's in their Court, they will blink first.
A day that will live in infamy on 09:34 - Jul 22 with 6612 viewseghamranger

Spitting image would of had a field day... they could of done a whole programme on him and trump.

You wouldn’t have ever thought that these 2 clowns would be running countries.

Gawd help us!!
A day that will live in infamy on 09:35 - Jul 22 with 6612 viewsrobith

Yeah funny one that on the front of the time today, citing 40% of members not supporting him, given 38% of them voted for Owen Smith
A day that will live in infamy on 09:42 - Jul 22 with 6592 viewsessextaxiboy

A day that will live in infamy on 09:33 - Jul 22 by stevec

The best thing about Boris, hes' a 'Can do'. And Can do's at least have a good go at it, even if it ends in failure.

As I've said all along, Boris will be leader, he'll call a quick election, oust the rebels in his party (if he's got any sense), force either a Deal in our favour with the EU or if they persist with their intransigence, go for No Deal on Oct 31st and fck the EU over via taxation.

Between now and October there will be a constant stream of news about side agreements struck ,fears about medicine, just in time ,flights, visas , right to remain and seasonal labour will all be addressed Watering down the fear factor will be a big tactic IMO .
A day that will live in infamy on 09:48 - Jul 22 with 6573 viewsessextaxiboy

A day that will live in infamy on 09:35 - Jul 22 by robith

Yeah funny one that on the front of the time today, citing 40% of members not supporting him, given 38% of them voted for Owen Smith

They have lost over 10% of those members . More likely to have voted for Smith than Corbyn IMO
A day that will live in infamy on 09:49 - Jul 22 with 6571 viewsngbqpr

He certainly 'can do' lying and 'can do' racism, I'll give you that.

Best regards

One of 'you lot'

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

A day that will live in infamy on 09:52 - Jul 22 with 6563 viewspaulparker

A day that will live in infamy on 08:58 - Jul 22 by Esox_Lucius

Because he is a anti Semite maybe

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A day that will live in infamy on 09:57 - Jul 22 with 6555 viewsstevec

A day that will live in infamy on 09:52 - Jul 22 by paulparker

Because he is a anti Semite maybe

PP, as I understand it, racism doesn't count if you're on the Left, only if you're on the right.
A day that will live in infamy on 10:10 - Jul 22 with 6523 viewsdaveB

Good to see his bullshit has worked, he's not a can do man, he's so full of crap it's unbelievable. I'm not sure why anyone thinks the EU will blink first, if we go with no withdrawal agreement we then have to agree a deal with the EU on our future relationship and seeing how good Old Boris negotiated the Olympic Stadium we'll probably end up paying more to be out of it

That nonsense with the kipper the other day summed him up, make a joke and get people onside and angry over something that isn't actually true. Worked a treat in the referendum and happening again now
A day that will live in infamy on 10:27 - Jul 22 with 6487 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A day that will live in infamy on 22:44 - Jul 21 by TacticalR

There was some interesting psychodrama from Johnson's biographer Sonia Purnell in today's Observer about how 'Al' became 'Boris':

'Unable to cope with the constant moves and Stanley’s womanising, Charlotte suffered a severe breakdown when the family went to Brussels. Her absence in hospital led to the Johnson brood having to learn how to fend for themselves.

Al and Rachel — the two eldest — were sent away to prep school in England. Family friends recall that Al now came under fire for his Turkish lineage and the fact that he lived in Brussels. As self-protection he started to hone an English eccentric persona, a seemingly bumbling figure in tatty clothes concealing a finely tuned mind bent on survival. By the time he went on to Eton, this public version of Al was growing more flamboyant — a transformation he enforced by changing to the more distinctive name of Boris.'

(The family lived in Brussels because Johnson's father was Head of Prevention of Pollution Division at the European Commission. He was one of the first British bureaucrats appointed to work at the European Commission after the United Kingdom joined in 1973. He later became an MEP.)

The 10 ages of Boris Johnson: a guide to his road to power
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/21/boris-johnson-route-to-number-1

That article makes depressing reading.

Frightening.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A day that will live in infamy on 10:33 - Jul 22 with 6472 viewsHarbour

Terrible Mayor awful Foreign Secretary Man is a disaster
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024