Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG part 2 may be off 09:23 - Jul 25 with 16054 viewsmakaveli1882

QPR are looking to offload Toni Leistner before the start of the new season.

Thanks for the 80/1 at Reading

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-leistner-leaving-qpr-250719

This post has been edited by an administrator
BFG part 2 may be off on 23:22 - Jul 25 with 2412 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

BFG part 2 may be off on 19:08 - Jul 25 by Northernr

But is the answer not to adapt yourself as the manager, and work with what you've got. Adapt your style to suit the players.

Not come in, write off everything you inherit, and try and do 12 out and 12 in over one transfer window. If we're a fully functioning team in the first half of this season, in whatever style, after this summer, Warburton should be in the New Year's honours list.

Unless Les Ferdinand is completely useless that would have been sorted out in detail before Warburton was offered the job. Soon enough Leistner would have known where he stood and any problems would be coming from him. Or Les could actually be useless?

I agree that the number of changes are a big worry, but better to clear out the whole lot rather than try to stagger on with the defensive problems we saw at the start of last season.. It isn't as if Furlong and Leistner are actually capable of doing anything other than hoofing it down the channels.
BFG part 2 may be off on 23:48 - Jul 25 with 2352 viewsozexile

BFG part 2 may be off on 23:22 - Jul 25 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Unless Les Ferdinand is completely useless that would have been sorted out in detail before Warburton was offered the job. Soon enough Leistner would have known where he stood and any problems would be coming from him. Or Les could actually be useless?

I agree that the number of changes are a big worry, but better to clear out the whole lot rather than try to stagger on with the defensive problems we saw at the start of last season.. It isn't as if Furlong and Leistner are actually capable of doing anything other than hoofing it down the channels.

We could be begging for that by November
BFG part 2 may be off on 00:14 - Jul 26 with 2313 viewsbosh67

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:39 - Jul 25 by paulparker

Is there any point in next season ?

I am not sure what all the fuss is about. The players we have had over the last two seasons have consistently failed to get us relegated. Time to move on!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BFG part 2 may be off on 02:40 - Jul 26 with 2252 viewstimcocking

Mediocre. Not in the same class as Jack Robinson or Chief by any stretch of the imagination.

And personally, i wouldn't select any man who chose salmon coloured ankle boots whatever their ability.
BFG part 2 may be off on 07:53 - Jul 26 with 2153 viewsdistortR

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:45 - Jul 25 by oldmisery

Whilst I realise that these two are getting on a bit and are more likely to pick up injuries or perhaps recover from knocks more slowly than their colleagues, their playing records are quite good. Since coming to England, Rangel's record is:-
393 first team appearances in 12 seasons (average 32.75 per season) and Cameron's is :-
205 first team appearances in 7 seasons (average 29.28 per season).
I think it's a tad harsh to believe they will be in the Keiron Dyer category and maybe they have also been signed because they are 'good eggs' and their experience will assist in helping the younger contingent off the pitch as well as on it.

Their playing history is that - history.

36 and 34 respectively.

distortR aka middle-agedmisery
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:15 - Jul 26 with 2030 viewsoldmisery

BFG part 2 may be off on 07:53 - Jul 26 by distortR

Their playing history is that - history.

36 and 34 respectively.

distortR aka middle-agedmisery

As a middle-aged misery you may not be old enough to remember that many fans were not exactly ecstatic about our signing of a 34 year old 'Arsenal has-been' in 1973.
However Frank McLintock would become one of the stalwarts of our best ever team and one of our best ever defenders; playing 155 games in the four seasons (average of 38.75 per campaign) before his retirement at the age of 38.

I'm not suggesting that Rangel or Cameron will have the same effect on our club as Frank did but his playing history with Leicester City and Arsenal wasn't just 'history' and although he was the skipper of the 1970/71 double winners, he has been quoted as saying the best years of his career were spent at Loftus Road.
BFG part 2 may be off on 12:15 - Jul 26 with 1909 viewsdistortR

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:15 - Jul 26 by oldmisery

As a middle-aged misery you may not be old enough to remember that many fans were not exactly ecstatic about our signing of a 34 year old 'Arsenal has-been' in 1973.
However Frank McLintock would become one of the stalwarts of our best ever team and one of our best ever defenders; playing 155 games in the four seasons (average of 38.75 per campaign) before his retirement at the age of 38.

I'm not suggesting that Rangel or Cameron will have the same effect on our club as Frank did but his playing history with Leicester City and Arsenal wasn't just 'history' and although he was the skipper of the 1970/71 double winners, he has been quoted as saying the best years of his career were spent at Loftus Road.

lets hope so mate.

My concerns are the heightened risk of lay-offs due to age, the fact where they might be close to the point where they just can't do it anymore (Especially given the need for us to be spot on with signings due to our financial restraints), and that I would have thought warburton's style of play will require 'legs'.

tbh although I really like the bloke, it's Angel I would have done without, but we are undeniably light at right back.

Hopefully I'm wrong!!
BFG part 2 may be off on 15:36 - Jul 26 with 1775 viewsoldmisery

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:15 - Jul 26 by distortR

lets hope so mate.

My concerns are the heightened risk of lay-offs due to age, the fact where they might be close to the point where they just can't do it anymore (Especially given the need for us to be spot on with signings due to our financial restraints), and that I would have thought warburton's style of play will require 'legs'.

tbh although I really like the bloke, it's Angel I would have done without, but we are undeniably light at right back.

Hopefully I'm wrong!!

And talking about being light at right back, we're allegedly in for a guy who will be 26 in a couple of months time and who has been at Chelsea for 18 years - but has never made a first team appearance! Instead he's been on loan at eight different clubs over the past seven years.
Login to get fewer ads

BFG part 2 may be off on 16:05 - Jul 26 with 1673 viewsdaveB

BFG part 2 may be off on 19:08 - Jul 25 by Northernr

But is the answer not to adapt yourself as the manager, and work with what you've got. Adapt your style to suit the players.

Not come in, write off everything you inherit, and try and do 12 out and 12 in over one transfer window. If we're a fully functioning team in the first half of this season, in whatever style, after this summer, Warburton should be in the New Year's honours list.

last 2 managers pretty much worked with what they had and we ended up with Lynch playing most weeks so can kind of see where Warburton is coming from in rather getting rid if he doesn't want them. Obviously a very risky move though if it goes tits up
BFG part 2 may be off on 12:56 - Jul 31 with 1228 viewsR_from_afar

I may not be bang up to date on this but Warburton spoke about Toni the other day, as follows. It's relatively positive, if, like me, you think we need to keep Toni.
"I've got to bed in some central defenders, I'm not playing three at the back so I've gone with the two so Toni will want to play absolutely.

"He came on again and did well today and Tuesday when he came on at Brighton so he's a very high quality and experienced player.

"It's just fitting the right bodies in the squad. I want competition for places and the new bodies coming in give us competition for places."

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:00 - Jul 31 with 1200 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:56 - Jul 31 by R_from_afar

I may not be bang up to date on this but Warburton spoke about Toni the other day, as follows. It's relatively positive, if, like me, you think we need to keep Toni.
"I've got to bed in some central defenders, I'm not playing three at the back so I've gone with the two so Toni will want to play absolutely.

"He came on again and did well today and Tuesday when he came on at Brighton so he's a very high quality and experienced player.

"It's just fitting the right bodies in the squad. I want competition for places and the new bodies coming in give us competition for places."

Alternatively if you’re looking to sell a player it’s a good idea to talk up their atributes.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024