Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG part 2 may be off 09:23 - Jul 25 with 16055 viewsmakaveli1882

QPR are looking to offload Toni Leistner before the start of the new season.

Thanks for the 80/1 at Reading

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-leistner-leaving-qpr-250719

This post has been edited by an administrator
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:23 - Jul 25 with 2499 viewsNorthernr

Well, we're clearly going all in. It absolutely has to go well, because otherwise you're going to be handing over a team built entirely for a manager with a very particular style of play.

Feels rather like we're hurtling down a very steep hill atm, and we'll just have to wait and see what the landing is like.
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:31 - Jul 25 with 2453 viewsdistortR

What happens if Luongo and leistner aren't moved on? Will we be left with 2 of our most experienced, and presumably better paid, players ostracised from the squad?

Mental
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:31 - Jul 25 with 2450 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:05 - Jul 25 by Hunterhoop

What I don’t get is this narrative that’s not a ball player. He was far more competent in possession than Lynch, and is a far far better defender than anything we’ve got.

Put it this way, we’ve sold Matt Smith, and if we sell Leistner we’ll have absolutely no one at the club able to deal with Matt Smith when we play relegation rivals, Millwall.

That seems unbelievable stupid.

I think it’s less to do with lack of ball playing ability in Leistner’s case. More about lack of pace and mobility. We really have been hamstrung by this in recent seasons and addressing it may go someway towards improving our ability to win games when not playing well.

To be honest I never got the impression he was that happy here.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 10:32]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:33 - Jul 25 with 2435 viewsjohnhoop

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:23 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Well, we're clearly going all in. It absolutely has to go well, because otherwise you're going to be handing over a team built entirely for a manager with a very particular style of play.

Feels rather like we're hurtling down a very steep hill atm, and we'll just have to wait and see what the landing is like.

Thing is that if we do, as I strongly suspect is likely to happen, crash and burn at the bottom of that hill at the start of the season, the impact on Warburton will be negligible. I’m sure, with his previous history, that he’s probably financially set up for the rest of his life, whatever happens to little old QPR. But if his dogmatic, plan A at all costs approach does hit the rocks it’s the fans who are going to be left clinging to the wreckage.
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:33 - Jul 25 with 2435 viewsstevec

Warburton is clearly taking some risks but at this level we've put up with far too many players who simply can't pass and move. Championship footballers should be capable of this.

There is a risk of no Plan B. Maybe the only way to avoid reverting back to Plan B is not to have one in the first place. Again, for four seasons we've adapted the way we play to the players we've got rather than adapt the players to the game we want to play.

16th, 18th, 19th. Hardly a success was it.
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:33 - Jul 25 with 2431 viewsHunterhoop

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:31 - Jul 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

I think it’s less to do with lack of ball playing ability in Leistner’s case. More about lack of pace and mobility. We really have been hamstrung by this in recent seasons and addressing it may go someway towards improving our ability to win games when not playing well.

To be honest I never got the impression he was that happy here.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 10:32]

Play him alongside someone with pace. He reads the game well. Had Deeney in his pocket and he and Furlong kept a clean sheet at Forest. They deserved a statue for that!
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:36 - Jul 25 with 2408 viewsGloucs_R

So do we now think Cameron will be first choice?

BFG was rumoured to be on quite big wages.

Sorry Clive, missed this one before adding to the older one.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 10:37]

Poll: Are we staying up?

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:37 - Jul 25 with 2395 viewsNorthernr

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:36 - Jul 25 by Gloucs_R

So do we now think Cameron will be first choice?

BFG was rumoured to be on quite big wages.

Sorry Clive, missed this one before adding to the older one.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 10:37]

Ordinarily we'd have stuck with the original, but this one took off. Soz.
Login to get fewer ads

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:37 - Jul 25 with 2390 viewsflynnbo

Rumours of Worrall from Forest.
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 2358 viewspaulparker

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:37 - Jul 25 by flynnbo

Rumours of Worrall from Forest.

Was he at Rangers last season on loan ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 2363 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He didn't play at the end of last season and he's not likely to play much this season.

With that in mind, it makes sense to take money for a 29-year old. Like others, I'm not at all bothered that we're breaking up our defence. It's been woeful.

Wonder what he's worth...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:46 - Jul 25 with 2327 viewsAntti_Heinola

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:42 - Jul 25 by paulparker

Was he at Rangers last season on loan ?

yes played 20 times.
He's only 22. Obvs Warbs knows him from Forest. Obvs.

Bare bones.

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:49 - Jul 25 with 2310 viewsAntti_Heinola

sounds unlikely.
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-ma

Bare bones.

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:00 - Jul 25 with 2256 viewsDejR_vu

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:33 - Jul 25 by stevec

Warburton is clearly taking some risks but at this level we've put up with far too many players who simply can't pass and move. Championship footballers should be capable of this.

There is a risk of no Plan B. Maybe the only way to avoid reverting back to Plan B is not to have one in the first place. Again, for four seasons we've adapted the way we play to the players we've got rather than adapt the players to the game we want to play.

16th, 18th, 19th. Hardly a success was it.

I agree that the only way to make sure we change our style of play is to persevere, come what may, work through the inevitable pain, and hope we can do it quickly enough to avoid getting relegated. We're putting ourselves in a position where we have absolutely no other choice. I'm just not sure that doing it with an almost entire new team is a better way to go than using some of the players we already had. Just seems to add risk to an already risky strategy.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:09 - Jul 25 with 2206 viewscolinallcars

For so many times it's been Too Little Too Late for the Rangers. Now it seems to be Too Much Too Soon. I'll be amazed if this raggle taggle team can stay up. To use yet another cliche we'll be Hell Bent For Leather on the way to League 1.
BFG part 2 may be off on 11:13 - Jul 25 with 2179 viewsRblockPrior

With our current squad it wouldn't be unfair to think we are heading towards a relegation fight, however as mentioned there will be alot of the unknown with these players and the team so we may be surprised. That said who we get in as the second striker may make or break us

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:13 - Jul 25 with 2176 viewswestberksr

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:05 - Jul 25 by Hunterhoop

What I don’t get is this narrative that’s not a ball player. He was far more competent in possession than Lynch, and is a far far better defender than anything we’ve got.

Put it this way, we’ve sold Matt Smith, and if we sell Leistner we’ll have absolutely no one at the club able to deal with Matt Smith when we play relegation rivals, Millwall.

That seems unbelievable stupid.

reminds me of Arry in the prem signing Rio to play 3-5-2 and selling Simpson to Leceister (possibly our most stupid sale ever) and then having to revert to 4-4-2 after a game and a half, complaining we don't have a right back

See this looking like a pretty spineless defence; especially in CB. Apart from his lack of pace, I liked pretty much every aspect of BFG2; could be a huge loss if true. Especially as I hoped Furlong would move to CB as he has ability in the air and looked pretty uncompromising; but he's gone already
BFG part 2 may be off on 11:27 - Jul 25 with 2106 viewsPBLOCK

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:13 - Jul 25 by westberksr

reminds me of Arry in the prem signing Rio to play 3-5-2 and selling Simpson to Leceister (possibly our most stupid sale ever) and then having to revert to 4-4-2 after a game and a half, complaining we don't have a right back

See this looking like a pretty spineless defence; especially in CB. Apart from his lack of pace, I liked pretty much every aspect of BFG2; could be a huge loss if true. Especially as I hoped Furlong would move to CB as he has ability in the air and looked pretty uncompromising; but he's gone already

I liked Leistner personally ok so he had a few iffy games and to be fair I’ve seen milk turn quicker but what he did have was decent positional sense, was very decent in the air and had a fair bit of grit and determination and loved a tackle. When we signed Barbet some of the comments I read about him was that he is good as long as he has a bit of a brute alongside him which Leistner is.

If Leistner is home sick or wants to go then fair enough. If it’s purely a financial decision the club need to make for the greater good then fine. If he’s being unceremoniously dumped as Warburton doesn’t rate him then I find that puzzling as he is more than ok at this level

Warburton is making some ballsy decisions I hope for his sake they come off
BFG part 2 may be off on 11:32 - Jul 25 with 2064 viewsSuperhoop83

I sometimes have a dream in which the QPR team is made up of players I've never seen or even heard of. Strangely, the team seems to do quite well.

Part of my dream has now come true. I hope the other part of the dream does too, but I have no idea how it will end.

My guess is that it may go actually ok and that we will see some better football. However, I would be keeping BFG2 if I was in charge and was allowed to. He may be slow but he was superb for us at times last season.

Suffering since 1978.

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:36 - Jul 25 with 2032 viewsrsonist

Does anyone at all at this point still believe that the activity of this club during this window corresponds to whatever was said in Warburton's job interview.
BFG part 2 may be off on 11:39 - Jul 25 with 2015 viewsdaveB

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:36 - Jul 25 by rsonist

Does anyone at all at this point still believe that the activity of this club during this window corresponds to whatever was said in Warburton's job interview.

Well we are signing players who fit into how he wants to play so possibly yes
BFG part 2 may be off on 11:45 - Jul 25 with 1987 viewsTonto

I totally get that there are 2 potential sides to a transfer, and this one may not have been instigated by the club although the rumours suggest it was.

but of all the transfers out so far this summer, this is the most odd to me. Even odder than Matt Smith, which I also found odd.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:50 - Jul 25 with 1962 viewsMick_S

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:23 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:04 - Jul 25 with 1893 viewsMatch82

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:39 - Jul 25 by paulparker

Is there any point in next season ?

I suspect little point and even fewer actual points
BFG part 2 may be off on 12:31 - Jul 25 with 1749 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 11:13 - Jul 25 by RblockPrior

With our current squad it wouldn't be unfair to think we are heading towards a relegation fight, however as mentioned there will be alot of the unknown with these players and the team so we may be surprised. That said who we get in as the second striker may make or break us

The point is that if this lot do not get off to a good start, the church is already restless and it will become toxic quicker than it has ever gone before.
When that happens, any turn round will be very, very unlikely.

Keep optimistic if you can as I am sure that it will make you feel better than I feel, but I see little other than hurt starting in just over a weeks' time...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024