Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG part 2 may be off 09:23 - Jul 25 with 16053 viewsmakaveli1882

QPR are looking to offload Toni Leistner before the start of the new season.

Thanks for the 80/1 at Reading

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-leistner-leaving-qpr-250719

This post has been edited by an administrator
BFG part 2 may be off on 12:38 - Jul 25 with 2450 viewsfrancisbowles

......and this season the window closes after the first game, so no chance of recruiting to rescue a bad start of four games, like last year!
BFG part 2 may be off on 12:42 - Jul 25 with 2421 viewsozexile

It will get toxic after about 45 mins at Stoke I reckon. Or until Rangel or Cameron break down. Which will come first?
BFG part 2 may be off on 12:51 - Jul 25 with 2371 viewssimmo

We're swapping a 29-year-old former captain for a 35-year-old on the basis the latter is possibly better with the ball...

Even that aside, 3 of our back 4 this season could be over 30 (with one close to 40) and injury-prone with absolutely no resell value.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 13:23]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:56 - Jul 25 with 2346 viewsDejR_vu

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:31 - Jul 25 by davman

The point is that if this lot do not get off to a good start, the church is already restless and it will become toxic quicker than it has ever gone before.
When that happens, any turn round will be very, very unlikely.

Keep optimistic if you can as I am sure that it will make you feel better than I feel, but I see little other than hurt starting in just over a weeks' time...

We can't do anything about what's going on at the moment but whatever the understandable angst, we can't let it spill over in to the games. They'll be under enough pressure as it is, it could just spiral out of control if the fans start getting on their backs. We need to stick with them somehow.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:09 - Jul 25 with 2259 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:56 - Jul 25 by DejR_vu

We can't do anything about what's going on at the moment but whatever the understandable angst, we can't let it spill over in to the games. They'll be under enough pressure as it is, it could just spiral out of control if the fans start getting on their backs. We need to stick with them somehow.

I agree, but we won't.

I won't be in full on abuse mode, but the way I am feeling right now, I will be expecting rubbish on the pitch and will be pretty resigned when we go one nil down. Deflated and Depressed will be the majority mood whilst watching QPR next season.

I know I am not the most positive person at the best of times (others debate whether their glass is full or half full, whereas I wonder if I even have a glass to worry about), but this season already just feels BAD.

Sorry.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:13 - Jul 25 with 2229 viewsDejR_vu

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:09 - Jul 25 by davman

I agree, but we won't.

I won't be in full on abuse mode, but the way I am feeling right now, I will be expecting rubbish on the pitch and will be pretty resigned when we go one nil down. Deflated and Depressed will be the majority mood whilst watching QPR next season.

I know I am not the most positive person at the best of times (others debate whether their glass is full or half full, whereas I wonder if I even have a glass to worry about), but this season already just feels BAD.

Sorry.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting to be sitting there clapping excitedly either.

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:26 - Jul 25 with 2159 viewsAntti_Heinola

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:13 - Jul 25 by DejR_vu

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting to be sitting there clapping excitedly either.

While i think relegation is looking increasingly likely, i also think we will have the odd great game and score a few great goals - just nowhere near enough.

Bare bones.

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 2088 viewsLblock

Big German hard case
Man mountain with a they shall not pass attitude at times
Could pick a pass
Captain
Done loads of great stuff off the pitch last season with the community team
Wife a complete and utter sort.

What's not to like? (Lack of pace aside)

I think this whole summer approach is a conspiracy to ensure the Blue & White have record drink sales from 3:55pm onwards.
I've kind of had enough of this season before it's even begun.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:42 - Jul 25 with 2050 viewspaulparker

Ray wilkins and Alan McDonald has zero pace and from what I’ve seen of Hall my dead nan could outpace him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:43 - Jul 25 with 2052 viewsDavieQPR

It's strange how some pretty bang average lower Championship players become super human when the club decides to sell or release them( Freeman aside).
BFG part 2 may be off on 13:47 - Jul 25 with 2028 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:42 - Jul 25 by paulparker

Ray wilkins and Alan McDonald has zero pace and from what I’ve seen of Hall my dead nan could outpace him

Agreed but Ray Wilkins had Les Ferdinand tearing it up in front of him. Not to mention all the others. None of this lot are going to get such a luxury.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 13:49]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:47 - Jul 25 with 2022 viewsqprd

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:47 - Jul 25 by makaveli1882

The starting line up v Preston 04/18/2019

QPR
1Ingram
24Kakay
37Leistner
33Lynch
3Bidwell
21Luongo Substituted for Smyth at 66'minutes
11Scowen Booked at 73mins
20Osayi-Samuel Substituted for Manning at 45'minutes Booked at 66mins
7Freeman
10Eze
17Smith Substituted for Sylla at 77'minutes

If it doesn't work out I feel sorry for the next manager who has to deal the team that has been assembled this summer,

knowing qpr's track record, when we sack warburton in april, the next manager will also have carte blanche to bomb out 15 players and bring in 15 new ones

remember when we thought ollie's 6 in, 6 out transfer window was crazy?
BFG part 2 may be off on 13:49 - Jul 25 with 2007 viewsNorthernr

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:47 - Jul 25 by qprd

knowing qpr's track record, when we sack warburton in april, the next manager will also have carte blanche to bomb out 15 players and bring in 15 new ones

remember when we thought ollie's 6 in, 6 out transfer window was crazy?

Remember when some thought Holloway was holding us back?
BFG part 2 may be off on 13:52 - Jul 25 with 1962 viewsAntti_Heinola

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:43 - Jul 25 by DavieQPR

It's strange how some pretty bang average lower Championship players become super human when the club decides to sell or release them( Freeman aside).

well, no one has said either Furs or BFG are superhuman - i think everyone has a pretty fair opinion of their abilities.

But at this stage, I'd take 11 'bang-average championship' players. Bang average should see us stay up in 12th, shouldn't it? Fine by me. Nothing wrong with a bit of averageness. It's being utter sh!te that worries me.

Bare bones.

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:52 - Jul 25 with 1963 viewsdistortR

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:38 - Jul 25 by Lblock

Big German hard case
Man mountain with a they shall not pass attitude at times
Could pick a pass
Captain
Done loads of great stuff off the pitch last season with the community team
Wife a complete and utter sort.

What's not to like? (Lack of pace aside)

I think this whole summer approach is a conspiracy to ensure the Blue & White have record drink sales from 3:55pm onwards.
I've kind of had enough of this season before it's even begun.

i thought that was a haiku at first!
BFG part 2 may be off on 13:53 - Jul 25 with 1953 viewsBklynRanger

I felt he was sorely missed when left out/injured toward the end of last season. Remember him coming on at half time in one of those games and making a huge immediate difference.

I can understand MW wants to play a certain way but what about when the situation doesn't call for that - no other option or type of player needed?

If that's the case Big Tone is better off out of it and I wish him nothing but the best. Fcuking daft decision.
BFG part 2 may be off on 13:58 - Jul 25 with 1915 viewssimmo

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:49 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Holloway also did a whole season with not 1 single loan player. Dead money and not progressing young players for someone else's benefit. Something that made complete sense for what we're trying to become.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:05 - Jul 25 with 1881 viewsdaveB

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:58 - Jul 25 by simmo

Holloway also did a whole season with not 1 single loan player. Dead money and not progressing young players for someone else's benefit. Something that made complete sense for what we're trying to become.

He did bring in Lua Lua on loan that season
BFG part 2 may be off on 14:10 - Jul 25 with 1854 viewsRblockPrior

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:49 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Am I allowed to say I miss Ollie?

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:17 - Jul 25 with 1823 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:43 - Jul 25 by DavieQPR

True, but are we really replacing them with better players? As Antti says - bang average would be fine right now.

My concern is that the team of "ball players" is far too lightweight to compete in the Championship. We are going to get bullied all over the park and it will not be pretty.

There is no big, slow lump to defend corners - Smith and Leistner were good at that, weren't they? This reliance on tippy tappy shite with players not good enough to do it and a squad where I think I am right in saying that apart from Wheeler, no one has ever scored double digit goals in a single season, cannot fill anyone with confidence.

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we go out yet?

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:17 - Jul 25 with 1818 viewsAntti_Heinola

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:58 - Jul 25 by simmo

it's a good point, but if loans keep us up, it's not dead money. you mean there's no chance of making a profit on them, which is something different.

Bare bones.

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:20 - Jul 25 with 1801 viewsdaveB

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:17 - Jul 25 by davman

True, but are we really replacing them with better players? As Antti says - bang average would be fine right now.

My concern is that the team of "ball players" is far too lightweight to compete in the Championship. We are going to get bullied all over the park and it will not be pretty.

There is no big, slow lump to defend corners - Smith and Leistner were good at that, weren't they? This reliance on tippy tappy shite with players not good enough to do it and a squad where I think I am right in saying that apart from Wheeler, no one has ever scored double digit goals in a single season, cannot fill anyone with confidence.

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we'll find out soon enough but if the manager wants to play a passing game then having big slow lumps in is not going to be a priority.

Overall if we had stuck with the same squad this season as last the predictions about how bad the season was going to be wouldn't be hugely different
BFG part 2 may be off on 14:35 - Jul 25 with 1740 viewsHunterhoop

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:31 - Jul 25 by davman

The point is that if this lot do not get off to a good start, the church is already restless and it will become toxic quicker than it has ever gone before.
When that happens, any turn round will be very, very unlikely.

Keep optimistic if you can as I am sure that it will make you feel better than I feel, but I see little other than hurt starting in just over a weeks' time...

I get this, but Warburton is following his ideology to a level which puts significant risk on the club. Conviction is one thing. But it needs to be tempered by the DoF, and he can’t accept that we shouldn’t have hired him!
BFG part 2 may be off on 14:43 - Jul 25 with 1693 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:35 - Jul 25 by Hunterhoop

I get this, but Warburton is following his ideology to a level which puts significant risk on the club. Conviction is one thing. But it needs to be tempered by the DoF, and he can’t accept that we shouldn’t have hired him!

True, but it should be nothing compared to the risk the board subjected us to when they were spunking all their money up the wall in those lean Premier Leagues. Unfortunately, those risks turned into issues, resulting in a crippled club. When this latest risk manifests, we really will have nothing left.

Can we go out yet?

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:44 - Jul 25 with 1681 viewsDejR_vu

BFG part 2 may be off on 13:26 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

While i think relegation is looking increasingly likely, i also think we will have the odd great game and score a few great goals - just nowhere near enough.

Well that would be something at least.

Who knows, maybe Warburton is about to show us that all the stuff spouted by the 'football people' that we've had managing us about how winning games is tantamount to brain surgery really is a load of old b@llocks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024