Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG part 2 may be off 09:23 - Jul 25 with 16052 viewsmakaveli1882

QPR are looking to offload Toni Leistner before the start of the new season.

Thanks for the 80/1 at Reading

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-leistner-leaving-qpr-250719

This post has been edited by an administrator
BFG part 2 may be off on 14:45 - Jul 25 with 2851 viewsoldmisery

BFG part 2 may be off on 12:42 - Jul 25 by ozexile

It will get toxic after about 45 mins at Stoke I reckon. Or until Rangel or Cameron break down. Which will come first?

Whilst I realise that these two are getting on a bit and are more likely to pick up injuries or perhaps recover from knocks more slowly than their colleagues, their playing records are quite good. Since coming to England, Rangel's record is:-
393 first team appearances in 12 seasons (average 32.75 per season) and Cameron's is :-
205 first team appearances in 7 seasons (average 29.28 per season).
I think it's a tad harsh to believe they will be in the Keiron Dyer category and maybe they have also been signed because they are 'good eggs' and their experience will assist in helping the younger contingent off the pitch as well as on it.
BFG part 2 may be off on 14:51 - Jul 25 with 2830 viewsRangersw12

Anyone worried we're going to be easy to play against and will be bullied next season

We seem to have nobody with any height or anyone who won't get pushed off the ball

I feel sorry for Ainsworth having to deal with this situation in December
BFG part 2 may be off on 14:57 - Jul 25 with 2790 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:51 - Jul 25 by Rangersw12

Anyone worried we're going to be easy to play against and will be bullied next season

We seem to have nobody with any height or anyone who won't get pushed off the ball

Ainsworth won't. He'll struggle 'til December and then will need to add a big physical lump or two to an over inflated squad that no-one wants to take players from to play HIS playing style.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BFG part 2 may be off on 15:16 - Jul 25 with 2676 viewspaulparker

BFG part 2 may be off on 14:51 - Jul 25 by Rangersw12

I don’t think we conceded goals for being weak physically last year it was poor decision making and a lack of football intelligence that cost us so many goals and points , perhaps Warburton has studied the tapes from last year and wants to reform the back line completely

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BFG part 2 may be off on 15:26 - Jul 25 with 2637 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 15:16 - Jul 25 by paulparker

I don’t think we conceded goals for being weak physically last year it was poor decision making and a lack of football intelligence that cost us so many goals and points , perhaps Warburton has studied the tapes from last year and wants to reform the back line completely

You may be right, but look at the clearances Lynch and Leistner made over the season. Not sure that Barbet and Hall would have those sorts of stats.

So, they may be better ball players, but call me a dinosaur - one ball player at CB and one big old lump who can get their head in and lump it and / or the opposition please all day long...

Can we go out yet?

BFG part 2 may be off on 15:36 - Jul 25 with 2595 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, it's going to be interesting...

There was a feeling last year that because of the lack of pace in our defence we sat too deep and invited pressure on ourselves, which probably asked our centre-backs to make more headed clearances than otherwise.

We'll see if playing further up the pitch will help our appalling goals-conceded totals of previous years.

Buckle up, this could be some ride!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BFG part 2 may be off on 15:41 - Jul 25 with 2562 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Really have no idea how this is going to play out, and that makes it a frightening proposition.

Seems to me we lack a bit of toughness now.
BFG part 2 may be off on 16:28 - Jul 25 with 2418 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cameron and the Beard at CB might be interesting.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

BFG part 2 may be off on 16:48 - Jul 25 with 2346 viewsjohnhoop

BFG part 2 may be off on 16:28 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

Cameron and the Beard at CB might be interesting.

What, “interesting” as in the old Chinese curse “May you live in interesting times”?
BFG part 2 may be off on 16:54 - Jul 25 with 2308 viewsAntti_Heinola

BFG part 2 may be off on 16:48 - Jul 25 by johnhoop

What, “interesting” as in the old Chinese curse “May you live in interesting times”?

er... yes?

Bare bones.

BFG part 2 may be off on 17:37 - Jul 25 with 2220 viewsVancouverHoop

But new boss Mark Warburton is unimpressed with Leistner and wants to install a new skipper.

Warburton has made it clear Leistner is not in his plans and the player has been made available to other clubs.

These kind of statements always raise more questions than they answer for me. Exactly why is Warburton unimpressed by Leistner? How, and to who, has he made it clear that he's not in his plans.

We can maybe guess the second, but it'd helpful to have the first answered in detail. Is it a question of requisite skills, or a clash of personalities? Or something else?

Because there has been such an extended silence on Leistner's future it's added to the uncertainty heading into this one. Some of us figured something might be up when he failed to be picked in the later matches, but apparently that's not the case. It's all as muddy as The Baseball Ground in January.
BFG part 2 may be off on 18:04 - Jul 25 with 2156 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

BFG part 2 may be off on 17:37 - Jul 25 by VancouverHoop

But new boss Mark Warburton is unimpressed with Leistner and wants to install a new skipper.

Warburton has made it clear Leistner is not in his plans and the player has been made available to other clubs.

These kind of statements always raise more questions than they answer for me. Exactly why is Warburton unimpressed by Leistner? How, and to who, has he made it clear that he's not in his plans.

We can maybe guess the second, but it'd helpful to have the first answered in detail. Is it a question of requisite skills, or a clash of personalities? Or something else?

Because there has been such an extended silence on Leistner's future it's added to the uncertainty heading into this one. Some of us figured something might be up when he failed to be picked in the later matches, but apparently that's not the case. It's all as muddy as The Baseball Ground in January.

The first is very easy to answer. Leistner is slow, has poor distribution and proved unsuited, like the rest of our defence, in playing the ball out on the ground when McClaren tried to turn those geese into swans. So not a Warburton type of player. You wouldn't want to make a player who did not suit the intended style of play captain. Would you?

It was a fairly safe to assume that all of that defence were on their way out. Warburton has watched the videos.
BFG part 2 may be off on 18:12 - Jul 25 with 2124 viewsOldPedro

BFG part 2 may be off on 18:04 - Jul 25 by Spaghetti_Hoops

The first is very easy to answer. Leistner is slow, has poor distribution and proved unsuited, like the rest of our defence, in playing the ball out on the ground when McClaren tried to turn those geese into swans. So not a Warburton type of player. You wouldn't want to make a player who did not suit the intended style of play captain. Would you?

It was a fairly safe to assume that all of that defence were on their way out. Warburton has watched the videos.

If Warburton has been watching videos of all the players, did he not notice Rangel hanging back behind the other 3 defenders and continually playing the opposition on-side.....????

I'm normally quite excited and positive at the start of the season, but all I can think at the moment is whether there will be 3 worse teams this season.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

BFG part 2 may be off on 18:49 - Jul 25 with 1991 viewsVancouverHoop

You wouldn't want to make a player who did not suit the intended style of play captain. Would you?

First, I'd talk to him about the type of team I was intending to build. Then, as he is team captain, I'd talk to him to find out if he felt able, and willing, to play within that framework. If he said yes, then I'd give him the opportunity to try. If no, then I'd suggest he and I talk to LF about trying to find him another club. I definitely wouldn't bomb him out based on a few videos.
BFG part 2 may be off on 19:08 - Jul 25 with 1935 viewsNorthernr

But is the answer not to adapt yourself as the manager, and work with what you've got. Adapt your style to suit the players.

Not come in, write off everything you inherit, and try and do 12 out and 12 in over one transfer window. If we're a fully functioning team in the first half of this season, in whatever style, after this summer, Warburton should be in the New Year's honours list.
BFG part 2 may be off on 19:30 - Jul 25 with 1865 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BFG part 2 may be off on 19:08 - Jul 25 by Northernr

But is the answer not to adapt yourself as the manager, and work with what you've got. Adapt your style to suit the players.

Not come in, write off everything you inherit, and try and do 12 out and 12 in over one transfer window. If we're a fully functioning team in the first half of this season, in whatever style, after this summer, Warburton should be in the New Year's honours list.

Or maybe he just doesn't rate Leistner because, let's face it, he's slower than my Mom when she asked what she wants to drink.

BFG part 2 may be off on 19:31 - Jul 25 with 1865 viewsstevec

Clive, respect a lot of what you say, but think you’ve got it the wrong way round here.

At this level the players should be good enough to adapt to what the manager wants. The fact they have never been able to has been our problem for four seasons. We constantly adapt to what the players are capable of, so slow CBs we drop the side to fit, full backs who struggle to cross the half way line, we drop a winger in to help them. CM can’t pass and move so forwards become isolated.

This is likely to be a struggle to compete this season but we need Warburton to stay with it, the fans to stay off his back and if a player can’t cope with the system always be on the lookout for a replacement who can rather than fall back to compensating for the weakness.

As I said previously, 16th, 18th and 19th does not suggest the old approach was working.
BFG part 2 may be off on 19:34 - Jul 25 with 1852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BFG part 2 may be off on 19:31 - Jul 25 by stevec

Clive, respect a lot of what you say, but think you’ve got it the wrong way round here.

At this level the players should be good enough to adapt to what the manager wants. The fact they have never been able to has been our problem for four seasons. We constantly adapt to what the players are capable of, so slow CBs we drop the side to fit, full backs who struggle to cross the half way line, we drop a winger in to help them. CM can’t pass and move so forwards become isolated.

This is likely to be a struggle to compete this season but we need Warburton to stay with it, the fans to stay off his back and if a player can’t cope with the system always be on the lookout for a replacement who can rather than fall back to compensating for the weakness.

As I said previously, 16th, 18th and 19th does not suggest the old approach was working.

Agreed, Steve. Well put.

BFG part 2 may be off on 19:37 - Jul 25 with 1838 viewsNorthernr

Time will tell I guess.
BFG part 2 may be off on 19:38 - Jul 25 with 1834 viewsRangersw12

You make a good point about the fans. We really need to be behind the team and allow them to make errors as playing this passing football they will ultimately gift some sort goals

We want Loftus Road to be place where they can express themselves and play without fear it's gonna be a bad enough season as it is without W12 turning toxic
BFG part 2 may be off on 22:06 - Jul 25 with 1607 viewsHunterhoop

Agree, Clive. In our position, the coach’s job is to get the best from what’s available to him.

That is not what’s happening now

Steve talks a lovely positive game there (where was that last year?), but it’ll take some time to work out success or failure.

I’ll be singing Warburton’s name, and backing every QPR player come the season, BUT, as a “happy clapper”, and someone who tries to explain the finances, i’m worried. Too much, too soon. Much too much, much too soon.
BFG part 2 may be off on 22:08 - Jul 25 with 1602 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 19:38 - Jul 25 by Rangersw12

You make a good point about the fans. We really need to be behind the team and allow them to make errors as playing this passing football they will ultimately gift some sort goals

We want Loftus Road to be place where they can express themselves and play without fear it's gonna be a bad enough season as it is without W12 turning toxic

LR, or more correctly the KPFS FFS, is more likely to resemble a morgue. Its the away games that will turn toxic - our lot will probably turn on each other as they always seem to whn we're on the way down!

Can we go out yet?

BFG part 2 may be off on 22:15 - Jul 25 with 1577 viewsNorthernr

BFG part 2 may be off on 22:08 - Jul 25 by davman

LR, or more correctly the KPFS FFS, is more likely to resemble a morgue. Its the away games that will turn toxic - our lot will probably turn on each other as they always seem to whn we're on the way down!

There's been much less of that since the Premier League hangers on and their coke habits fcked off. Back down to the hardcore 600-800 or so now who either sit there resigned to it or stand at the back and sing about Akos Buszaky. Last time I remember a barney was three seasons ago when some wired slag at Birmingham started screaming "fck off you Kraut cnt" at Polter 30 seconds after he'd come on as a sub in the 88th minute.
BFG part 2 may be off on 22:16 - Jul 25 with 1574 viewsdannyblue

For the record I thought BFG2 was ok with the ball. Played it forward to feet ok, and didn't mind carrying it a bit when space opened up. Of course I wouldn't trust him to one touch it around a Klopp gegenpress, but that's not what's required. Bombing out a decent championship defender that we already have on the books seems rash to me, and doing it so obviously can only reduce any price achieved on the sale too.
BFG part 2 may be off on 23:05 - Jul 25 with 1470 viewsdavman

BFG part 2 may be off on 22:15 - Jul 25 by Northernr

There's been much less of that since the Premier League hangers on and their coke habits fcked off. Back down to the hardcore 600-800 or so now who either sit there resigned to it or stand at the back and sing about Akos Buszaky. Last time I remember a barney was three seasons ago when some wired slag at Birmingham started screaming "fck off you Kraut cnt" at Polter 30 seconds after he'd come on as a sub in the 88th minute.

Good to hear; I have avoided taking my lad to away games as it was a bit fruity 2-3 years ago...

May pick another couple for a road trip next season...

Can we go out yet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024