Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elected Supporter on the Board 10:22 - Jul 29 with 2528 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Been bleating on about this for ages, but putting aside the practicalities would this be something people would want?

The board rightly or wrongly get a lot of stick, and I think a lot of it comes from frustration of being outside the decision making process.

I'm not suggesting shares or a paid position but it would be nice to have a supporter present wouldn't it? Like a silent partner.

What does everyone think?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:25 - Jul 29 with 1649 viewsDorse

#votebazz

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:26 - Jul 29 with 1637 viewsstevec

If you're loaded Bazza then you have my blessing.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:30 - Jul 29 with 1625 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:26 - Jul 29 by stevec

If you're loaded Bazza then you have my blessing.

I was thinking more of Clive or someone with experience dealing with the Club regularly.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:31 - Jul 29 with 1623 viewsDorse

Irony aside, I think it's a pretty good idea but I expect the club would say that they already do Supporters' Meetings.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:32 - Jul 29 with 1620 viewsNorthernr

Fantastic idea but...

Wouldn't touch the job with a shitty stick. There's a huge amount of resentment and stick sent QPR supporters way from other QPR supporters just because they dare run a website, or record a podcast once a week. Imagine what the poor sod who's actually on the board would get.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:33 - Jul 29 with 1618 viewsrunningman75

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:30 - Jul 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I was thinking more of Clive or someone with experience dealing with the Club regularly.

Judging from the informative and analytical reports by Clive I would have thought he should get a Russian election result of nearly 100 per cent in terms of support in terms of being elected, from Loft for Words members.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:34 - Jul 29 with 1612 viewsstevec

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:30 - Jul 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

As any good Union man knows, once you get invited onto the top table the proviso is you become 'one of them' and stop speaking out, so for that reason, I'm out.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:36 - Jul 29 with 1602 viewsdaveB

Andy Evans should be on the board as a fan but also having done a brilliant job with the community trust over the years
Login to get fewer ads

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:37 - Jul 29 with 1599 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:34 - Jul 29 by stevec

As any good Union man knows, once you get invited onto the top table the proviso is you become 'one of them' and stop speaking out, so for that reason, I'm out.

Then you vote them out next time or stand yourself!
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:38 - Jul 29 with 1593 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Have the LSA ever tried to push for something like this before? Have they been invited in?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 1587 viewsstevec

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:37 - Jul 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Then you vote them out next time or stand yourself!

And as you probably know, it doesn't work like that.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:44 - Jul 29 with 1573 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:39 - Jul 29 by stevec

And as you probably know, it doesn't work like that.

What’s the alternative?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:56 - Jul 29 with 1542 viewsrsonist

Hindsight genius fans have been just as fcking wrong as the board throughout this mess.

Outside of the "decision making process" - as a safeguarding role to stadium community type stuff (Andy Evans) it's a nice ceremonial gesture they could consider (and perhaps may do to sweeten the council's rhetoric), but it would only be that.

Can the relationship to fans associations be stronger in general, absolutely. Can fans associations themselves be stronger, more organised, unified, absolutely also and that's what we should be thinking.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:35 - Jul 29 with 1502 viewsessextaxiboy

One of the difficulties would be deciding who could vote . My youngest son is 24 and has had a ST since he was 7 . Would he have been denied a vote when he was younger while a JCL in the W12 club was not ?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 1497 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:35 - Jul 29 by essextaxiboy

One of the difficulties would be deciding who could vote . My youngest son is 24 and has had a ST since he was 7 . Would he have been denied a vote when he was younger while a JCL in the W12 club was not ?

Don’t think you’ll find many JCLs this season!

Members and season ticket holders maybe?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 1472 viewsLongsufferingR

Where would the elected supporter representative stand on Brexit?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:51 - Jul 29 with 1463 viewsTonto

Our support must be amongst the most whiney and split. there are so many groups and sub-groups, who all seem to fallen out with each other at least twice and then formed their own group, because they didn't like the beer in the pub they met at or some other stupid reason. I cant see them all agreeing on one person. It makes the Northern Irish negations look like a walk in the park.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:55 - Jul 29 with 1451 viewsDixie_CT

Elected Supporter on the Board on 10:36 - Jul 29 by daveB

Andy Evans should be on the board as a fan but also having done a brilliant job with the community trust over the years

Everton have done this with Dr Denise Blaxendale and also elected her to Deputy CEO although I think she is now CEO.

Definitely a fan of this model as it speaks volumes about if a club authentically value and trusts its community arm.
Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:59 - Jul 29 with 1437 viewsAntti_Heinola

Why bother? The board already do whatever the knobheads on twitter tell them to do anyway.

Bare bones.

Elected Supporter on the Board on 12:03 - Jul 29 with 1415 viewstimcocking

Elected Supporter on the Board on 11:59 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Why bother? The board already do whatever the knobheads on twitter tell them to do anyway.

Exactly what i was thinking ...
Elected Supporter on the Board on 12:04 - Jul 29 with 1418 viewsDejR_vu

I think it's a good idea if you can get the right person, otherwise it makes things worse.

The right person would have to genuinely understand the intricacies of the financials, have enough about them to be prepared to be stand up to the other board members and be unpopular with them and a large section of the support base and accept that on the basis that they were doing what they thought right for the club, and have enough time to dedicate to it. A retired Board member of a listed company would be ideal (in most cases; there are some right wallys sat on some Boards). And they would have to be prepared to do it all for no remuneration to avoid perceived conflict of interest.

On the latter, that's why anyone employed by the club, regardless of how much affinity they have with the club, is going to be limited in what they do. They're only human, so they' re only going to push back so far when they know their careers are potentially on the line.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Elected Supporter on the Board on 12:28 - Jul 29 with 1364 viewsflynnbo

Gove or Pete Doherty?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 12:33 - Jul 29 with 1351 viewsBucksRanger

Michael Nyman?
Elected Supporter on the Board on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 1335 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elected Supporter on the Board on 12:04 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

I think it's a good idea if you can get the right person, otherwise it makes things worse.

The right person would have to genuinely understand the intricacies of the financials, have enough about them to be prepared to be stand up to the other board members and be unpopular with them and a large section of the support base and accept that on the basis that they were doing what they thought right for the club, and have enough time to dedicate to it. A retired Board member of a listed company would be ideal (in most cases; there are some right wallys sat on some Boards). And they would have to be prepared to do it all for no remuneration to avoid perceived conflict of interest.

On the latter, that's why anyone employed by the club, regardless of how much affinity they have with the club, is going to be limited in what they do. They're only human, so they' re only going to push back so far when they know their careers are potentially on the line.

Well any candidate would have to run a manifesto and provide qualifications.

The point is you get to choose who you’d want to speak for you rather than someone unelected with zero prior interest in QPR.

It works well in a lot of clubs and isn’t something new.

Watch this space!
Elected Supporter on the Board on 13:13 - Jul 29 with 1296 viewsTheChef

Not sure what happened to the supporters' group with Pat Harrison as chair, which existed years ago. I think there is footage of it included in The Four Year Plan.

There was a meeting at LR a few years ago which discussed resurrecting it, but I don't believe anything came of it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024