Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton to be liquidated this week 11:13 - Aug 26 with 16299 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Unless they find a buyer by 5pm tomorrow. Got to feel sorry for the fans. It's going to be an awful 30 hours for them. Let's hope Ken Anderson stops being an absolute w*nker.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 16:57 - Aug 27 with 3112 viewsloftboy

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 16:51 - Aug 27 by colinallcars

Well, yes and no. Presumably if the EFL wanted to break away, it would be down to a vote. Can't see the likes of Leeds, Forest, Derby etc turning their hacks on the chance of promotion to the Prem.

I’d imagine some of the so called bigger clubs would leave the EFL and become part of a PL2

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 17:35 - Aug 27 with 2998 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 16:47 - Aug 27 by loftboy

Fûcking sky sports news have got a Bolton/Bury expulsion countdown clock. You couldn’t make that shit up.

Honestly think that should be the final straw for most fans with Sky. Not only are they probably one of the key reasons they are in this mess, but they then treat an extremely emotional case, in which people's careers and emotions are at stake, and make a full on mockery of it. Action is needed, a boycott is needed

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 17:41 - Aug 27 with 2982 viewsDWQPR

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 16:45 - Aug 27 by CamberleyR

As did Darlington & Hereford.

Newport County started from the bottom of the pyramid and worse still the because they wanted to restart in the English pyramid they were banned from playing home games in Wales thanks to the FAW. Hence their nickname is the Exiles.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:13 - Aug 27 with 2888 viewsJiSungParkRangers

Of course the last team they beat was QPR
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:34 - Aug 27 with 2822 viewsMiss_Terraces

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 16:29 - Aug 27 by BostonR

What on earth have the EFL Board been doing for the last 5yrs? There appears to be a total lack of governance at any level in that organisation. Football administration and management at that governing body level, is shot.
How long before the Championship clubs make a move on the EFL as not being fit for purpose?

What have the EFL Board done?
They are politicians, so nothing except talk bollox.
If football was run by supporters, this would never have happened

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:46 - Aug 27 with 2769 viewsted_hendrix

Fûcking sky sports news have got a Bolton/Bury expulsion countdown clock. You couldn’t make that shit up.

Fcking vultures.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:50 - Aug 27 with 2756 viewsDeepcutMark2

Absurdly bad judgement.

Although the crowds of kids (and adults ffs) pestering the reporter at Bolton to get on the telly was a sign that there's plenty who don't care.

All entertainment.....
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:55 - Aug 27 with 2741 viewsloftboy

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:50 - Aug 27 by DeepcutMark2

Absurdly bad judgement.

Although the crowds of kids (and adults ffs) pestering the reporter at Bolton to get on the telly was a sign that there's plenty who don't care.

All entertainment.....

Particularly the dick who was old enough to know better in the red hoodie.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:57 - Aug 27 with 2730 viewsDeepcutMark2

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 18:55 - Aug 27 by loftboy

Particularly the dick who was old enough to know better in the red hoodie.

"Not my club mate...."
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 19:36 - Aug 27 with 2641 viewsderbyhoop

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 22:21 - Aug 26 by Roller

Perhaps if clubs made more effort to adhere to FFP rather than recklessly overspend and try to find ways around the regulations then traditional old clubs like Bolton and Bury wouldn't be going to the wall.

Bury took out a £1million loan secured against Gig Lane at an interest rate of 10% a month in their bid to win promotion. That means that at the end of 1 year their loan cost them £1.38million on top of the principle sum.

When they were relegated from the Premier League, Bolton did not cut their cloth accordingly and managed lose a further £50 million in their first season in the championship taking their debt up to over £160 million.

I feel desperately sorry for the clubs' supporters and all the owners and staff of small local businesses who have already gone under, or are struggling like hell not to, as a result of their mismanagement.

I doubt these two will be the last.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread but I'd heard that Bury were paying Nicky Maynard 6k per week. This was in L2 where the top wage is around 800.

That is not sustainable and shouldnt be allowed. Needless to say, he's moved on.

Is there a case for a salary cap as well as FFP.? Whether it applied to individual players or the first team squad could be a matter for debate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 19:47 - Aug 27 with 2609 viewsMiss_Terraces

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 19:36 - Aug 27 by derbyhoop

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread but I'd heard that Bury were paying Nicky Maynard 6k per week. This was in L2 where the top wage is around 800.

That is not sustainable and shouldnt be allowed. Needless to say, he's moved on.

Is there a case for a salary cap as well as FFP.? Whether it applied to individual players or the first team squad could be a matter for debate.

Yes, it is ridiculous. There are non League teams who pay more. Jamie O'Hara was on £10k.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 19:48 - Aug 27 with 2603 viewsClive_Anderson

Maybe the league shouldn't allow transfers to go through if the wages and fees are greater than the club can afford.

Not sure what they can do about teams relegated from the Premier League though. They can't enforce clubs to sign players with relegation clauses when they aren't in the league anymore.
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 20:20 - Aug 27 with 2521 viewsVancouverHoop

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 19:47 - Aug 27 by Miss_Terraces

Yes, it is ridiculous. There are non League teams who pay more. Jamie O'Hara was on £10k.

Allegedly there have been players at Southern/Isthmian Premier level who've been on £1,000 a week. I assume not many, and not for very long, but sugar-daddy will pay until the sugar runs out. Gates of 200 per match certainly aren't going to cut it.

As has been discussed here before hard salary caps, as in most North American leagues aren't going to work, as there are too many other options. Most FL players could find a team in Europe somewhere (until the end of October anyway!) A breakaway FL is a nice idea but for most clubs the devil you know is a safer bet than the devil you don't. History shows that competitive leagues in other sports, ice hockey, grid-iron, etc. either collapse due to lack of appeal, or get eaten up by the league they were fighting with.

Whatever changes are mooted they also need to be sanctioned by the FA, and it's at that level that something conclusive might be done. So far as I can see they're the only organisation in the game (outside of large media companies) that, potentially, have real teeth to make something happen. Though in my lifetime they've been as much use as a pair of recycled NHS dentures. But constitutionally they have the ability to exert authority on the EPL, FL and other English leagues. It'd take a well organised and concerted coup to shake the dust out of the blazers that occupy those seats though.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 20:22]
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 20:51 - Aug 27 with 2460 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shame Bury and Bolton weren’t failing banks, they would have been saved.

[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 21:15]
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 20:59 - Aug 27 with 2431 viewsblacky2013

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 19:47 - Aug 27 by Miss_Terraces

Mind you I seem to remember when Chris Wright was in charge that our youth players were reported to be earning more than a grand a week. Forget FFP what the FA should do is stop owners loading debt onto the club. If owners want to spend silly money on players and wages then make the owners put the transfer money and full contract amount into the clubs account. After the first year the owner can take a portion (one third on a 3 year contract) back as long as the club doesn't fall into the red.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 21:02]
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 23:12 - Aug 27 with 2211 viewsVancouverHoop

Bury have officially been expelled from the Football League.

League One will now comprise of 23 Clubs for the remainder of the campaign and relegation places in the division reduced to three, which will result in a full complement of 24 Clubs in 2020/21. A discussion will take place with EFL Clubs on the consequential impact in League Two when Clubs next meet in September 2019.

from statement by EFL Board.

Bolton have been given 14 days "to resolve their administration and conclude a sale of the club,"
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 23:45]
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 00:22 - Aug 28 with 2097 viewsFredManRave

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 23:12 - Aug 27 by VancouverHoop

Bury have officially been expelled from the Football League.

League One will now comprise of 23 Clubs for the remainder of the campaign and relegation places in the division reduced to three, which will result in a full complement of 24 Clubs in 2020/21. A discussion will take place with EFL Clubs on the consequential impact in League Two when Clubs next meet in September 2019.

from statement by EFL Board.

Bolton have been given 14 days "to resolve their administration and conclude a sale of the club,"
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 23:45]

So cold and matter of fact. How did it come to this, that a club formed in 1885 effectively no longer exists.

Terrible news and a very sad day for football. A lesson needs to be learned, and quickly, so that controls, accountability, law changes, etc can be put in place so that this situation doesn't arise again.

Shocking that it was allowed to come to this and without any apparent support being offered by third parties. Shouldn't all league clubs have come together and made some kind of statement, gesture, stand?!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49489146

RIP Bury FC.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 01:31 - Aug 28 with 2028 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

League 1 and 2 clubs don't have the same FFP rules as the Championship, they have the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). This limits spending on player wages to 60% (League 1) and 55% (League 2) of club turnover.
However if an owner puts in more money as equity rather than loans, they can bump up the turnover to allow more to be spent on wages. Some owners can afford to do it, others can't and Bury is the end result.
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 03:28 - Aug 28 with 1983 viewstimcocking

Disgusting state of affairs.

Bolton and Bury liquidated this week, the Amazon and the Taiga next week.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 3:32]
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 07:04 - Aug 28 with 1858 viewspaulparker

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 03:28 - Aug 28 by timcocking

Disgusting state of affairs.

Bolton and Bury liquidated this week, the Amazon and the Taiga next week.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 3:32]

I’m sure the people of Bury will be pleased when Gigg lane is turned into another Aldi and Lego set housing estate

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 07:19 - Aug 28 with 1838 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How do we (QPR fans) stop this happening to us?

Things might look ok today but football clubs get sold like second hand cars to fcking idiots. How do we get ourselves into a position to scrutinise what the board is doing? Either this one or whichever comes after it?

It wasn’t that long that were jangling buckets ourselves and were a fag paper away from disappearing.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 7:29]
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 07:38 - Aug 28 with 1800 viewsTGRRRSSS

Very sad day for all football fans (proper ones) but I think this is what Dale wanted all along, much more money to be made via maybe a property venture?

EFL dit and proper clearly unfit for purpose - whilst we all knew this we now have direct evidence.

Bolton next youd have to fear but again they've been treated very differently however it remainsd to be seen whether the administrator begins liquidating maybe?
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 10:48 - Aug 28 with 1661 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 16:49 - Aug 27 by QPR_John

"refuse promotion/relegation and see what happens then"

The Premier League will think all their Christmases have come at once. This is the very thing they want

Maybe. But it would kill competition and become quite dull after the first season or two. Fans of 80% of the clubs would just have season after season of zero excitement - no chance of winning anything, but no relegation fight either. It couldn't last.

Bare bones.

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 15:03 - Aug 28 with 1521 viewsQPR_John

Bolton to be liquidated this week on 10:48 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

Maybe. But it would kill competition and become quite dull after the first season or two. Fans of 80% of the clubs would just have season after season of zero excitement - no chance of winning anything, but no relegation fight either. It couldn't last.

I could not agree more but that is the view of people like us. The Premier Leagues audience is made up in the most part by people who want to watch <insert club name here> regardless of the result.
Bolton to be liquidated this week on 15:29 - Aug 28 with 1481 viewsMick_S

Is this still running for Bolton? Sorry, I'm at work and can't get Sky.

A proper new low for Sky.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024