Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My dad 22:25 - Apr 8 with 7594 viewsbosh67

My dad, Paul passed away this morning at Watford General Hospital from cancer and Coved19. I hadn't been able to see him for 3 weeks because the hospital couldn't allow visitors, which I totally understand. He managed to hold on long enough to wish me happy birthday on the phone yesterday, for which I will always be truly grateful.

My dad took me to my first QPR game when I was 5 and we sat side by side at QPR through the bad times, the even worse times, the just plain awful times and the occasional amazing and 'why we all love QPR' times. 46 years we sat together with my dad asking me why certain substitutions had been made and others not, and why the manager had no idea what he was doing. But we loved it and it was so lovely to be with my dad sharing that. Even over the last year when my dad wasn't so feeling so good we would talk after every game and talk every day about what was going on at the club. He really loved Rangers and win lose or draw we just loved being there watching the game with all the great people we got to know around us. I have missed it and will miss it a lot.

The doctors, nurses, surgeons and everyone who looked after my dad are putting their lives on the line for us and I just wanted to recognise, having seen it all first hand, what an amazing group of people they are. Coved19 is really evil. Really evil. I've been stuck in 2 A&E lock downs and it really is a plague.

I will miss being at games with my dad but I have been lucky to spend so much of my life with him at our wonderful club.

Please stay safe out there everyone.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My dad on 02:42 - Apr 9 with 1187 viewsbob566

Beautifully written bosh. Don't know you but my thoughts are with you. Amen to your dad
My dad on 04:24 - Apr 9 with 1169 viewsMiss_Terraces

So sorry to hear of your loss, as you say this thing is evil. I hope the wonderful times are a comfort to you
RIP Paul

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

My dad on 04:50 - Apr 9 with 1158 viewsKiwi76

Really sad news Bosh - clearly some lovely memories to savour.
Best wishes from downunder
My dad on 07:36 - Apr 9 with 1091 viewsqprxtc

God bless your Dad. And you and your family Bosh. Lovely tribute to him.

Love.
My dad on 07:49 - Apr 9 with 1079 viewseasthertsr

Everyone who has lost a loved one will know what you and your family are feeling right now. The pain is just awful, what helped me through was all that huge bank of memories I had ,especially the ones where we spent time together and the ones that made me laugh. Thinking of you Bosh.
My dad on 07:52 - Apr 9 with 1075 viewsflynnbo

Please accept my sincerest condolences, Bosh. Cherish those memories which will help you through hard times.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:54]
My dad on 08:09 - Apr 9 with 1059 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lovely tribute, Bosh. You were very lucky to have your Dad as such a good friend and he was clearly very lucky to have you as a friend and son.

My thoughts are with you, a chara, my love to your family.

RIP.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

My dad on 08:29 - Apr 9 with 1044 viewsWoog

Very sorry about your sad loss, Bosh. Heartfelt and eloquent tribute. RIP your dad.
Login to get fewer ads

My dad on 08:30 - Apr 9 with 1041 viewsWokingR

It's stories like this that put everything into perspective
Thinking of you mate.
My dad on 08:39 - Apr 9 with 1026 viewsBlackCrowe

Very sorry for you loss Bosh. The best of wishes to you and your family.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

My dad on 08:53 - Apr 9 with 999 viewsBostonR

My condolences. Your Dad will always be with you.
My dad on 08:54 - Apr 9 with 999 viewsqprd

I’m so sorry. My condolences to you and your family

RIP Paul
My dad on 09:05 - Apr 9 with 988 viewsPhildo

So sorry to read this Bosh - may he rest in peace
My dad on 09:10 - Apr 9 with 979 viewsenfieldargh

So sorry to hear you sad news.Going to qpr with your dad is one of the greatest bonds that can be had.

I also spent years sitting with my dad in SAR, we had season tickets together for years.

THe discussions we had about various players being good or bad was always interrupted by a goal celebration. I didnt like Tony Sealy, not sure why I really picked on him until he popped one in and my dad looked at me and smiled. Will never forget that

Now both my boys are regulars at LR and I'm moving up the age ladder!

Keep strong Bosh, my thoughts are with you

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

My dad on 09:36 - Apr 9 with 955 viewsstevec

My dad on 09:10 - Apr 9 by enfieldargh

So sorry to hear you sad news.Going to qpr with your dad is one of the greatest bonds that can be had.

I also spent years sitting with my dad in SAR, we had season tickets together for years.

THe discussions we had about various players being good or bad was always interrupted by a goal celebration. I didnt like Tony Sealy, not sure why I really picked on him until he popped one in and my dad looked at me and smiled. Will never forget that

This.

So sorry to hear of your loss, a lovely tribute you paid to your relationship with him.

Always remember my dads vocal support of Micky Leach, and he was proved right! QPR was the hardest thing to do in the immediate years after dads early departure. Keep the faith it gets better.
My dad on 09:49 - Apr 9 with 939 viewsdannyblue

I hope your dad has found some peace. Fantastic he was able to hold on and wish you happy birthday.
My dad on 09:59 - Apr 9 with 926 viewsenfieldargh

My dad on 09:36 - Apr 9 by stevec

This.

So sorry to hear of your loss, a lovely tribute you paid to your relationship with him.

Always remember my dads vocal support of Micky Leach, and he was proved right! QPR was the hardest thing to do in the immediate years after dads early departure. Keep the faith it gets better.

yes I remember him being called Donkey Leach.
Never understood it.

QPR lives on even though we all melt away.

QPR not just a football club, it shapes many peoples lives

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

My dad on 10:00 - Apr 9 with 926 viewsEastLondonR

Really sorry for your loss Bosh. RIP Paul
My dad on 10:02 - Apr 9 with 923 viewswelwynranger

My dad on 09:10 - Apr 9 by enfieldargh

This also .My sons both came to HQ at 4 years old both now in their 40s. Season ticket holders with me.
Sorry for your loss.
My dad on 10:03 - Apr 9 with 922 viewshoopsmark

Such sad news....condolences to you all Bosh...
My dad on 10:16 - Apr 9 with 903 viewsKonk

Really sorry to hear that, mate. From your postings over the years, it’s clear how much you loved his company. Glad you got to speak with him on your birthday. RIP.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

My dad on 10:18 - Apr 9 with 890 viewsJuzzie

So sorry to hear this Bosh. May he lovingly Rest In Peace.
My dad on 10:20 - Apr 9 with 888 viewsNoelmc

Beautiful tribute Bosh.

Sounds like you have some fantastic memories of your Dad. Even 20 years after his death I still think of my Dad when I go to see QPR as we had some great shared times there too.

Condolences to you and all your family.

RIP Paul.
My dad on 10:24 - Apr 9 with 878 viewsPaddyhoops

So sorry to hear about your dad, Bosh.
Heartfelt sympathies from a fellow hoop and watford resident of 19 years.
May he rest in peace!🙏🙏
My dad on 10:31 - Apr 9 with 858 viewsDWQPR

Bosh my condolences and may your Dad Rest In Peace. I was lucky enough to be at my Dad’s side when he passed, but he was out of it totally for the last few days, you have the solace that you were able to speak with him on your birthday and that will encourage and support you in the coming days, weeks, months and years. His seat at HQ will always be his, maybe lent to other supporters but that is his seat. I often wonder what my own Dad would think of the current crop of stars that this team has produced this year. He loved Marsh, he loved Bowles, he really rated Stainrod, enjoyed Byrne, maybe not so much Wegerle, thoroughly enjoyed Taarabt and I’m sure he would have loved Eze and would be looking forward to the development of Chair. In fact I’m sure he is up there now having enjoyed the season to date. There is a big collection of QPR supporters beyond those pearly gates and I’m sure your Dad has been most welcomed into the throng.

God bless you all.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024