Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. 09:44 - May 18 with 4623 viewsqpr_1968

not putting these bands down, but never quite got them....matter of taste really.

rolling stones
beatles.
stormzy.
ub40

the odd track/single, but none of their albums in my collection.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 10:05 - May 18 with 2421 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Beatles
Iron Maiden
Morrissey
U2
Sade

The grass is always greener.

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 10:11 - May 18 with 2410 viewspeterlund_dk

Prince
David Bowie
Pink Floyd

These are the bands/artists that my self-proclaimed musically knowledgeable friends "simply cannot understand" that I don't get.

But as you say. It's a matter of taste.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 11:07]
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 10:59 - May 18 with 2329 viewsSonofNorfolt

Joy Division
The Libertines
Kanye West

One can pi ss in a bucket and get a better sound.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 11:37 - May 18 with 2293 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I was just about to say what a good thread then I saw Northolts post on Joy Division!

Two of the best albums ever from their short career.

UB40 were great until Red Red Wine then rapidly went downhill.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 11:43 - May 18 with 2278 viewsqprxtc

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 10:59 - May 18 by SonofNorfolt

Joy Division
The Libertines
Kanye West

One can pi ss in a bucket and get a better sound.

With you 100% on those Mel. Joy Division...waste of bloody time. New Order even more so.

I’ll add:

The Smiths
The Stone Roses
Oasis
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Primal Scream
Soft Cell
Pet Shop Boys
The Eagles
The Clash
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 11:46 - May 18 with 2270 viewsSonofNorfolt

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 11:37 - May 18 by CroydonCaptJack

I was just about to say what a good thread then I saw Northolts post on Joy Division!

Two of the best albums ever from their short career.

UB40 were great until Red Red Wine then rapidly went downhill.

Ahh but this is about who you don't like not who you do.

For me Joy Division sound like a group of lower 6th formers let loose in the metalwork department.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:02 - May 18 with 2247 viewscharmr

Classic Rock And the Marshall amp sound.

Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It’s a scientific fact. Homer Simpson
[Post edited 18 May 2020 12:06]
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:04 - May 18 with 2244 viewsDannyPaddox

Led Zeppelin. Whiny vocals and a bloke showing off in a guitar shop. The sound of hairy men from the 1970s masturbating.
Login to get fewer ads

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:07 - May 18 with 2229 viewsMrSheen

Plenty to choose from but I’ll pick Nick Cave. I tried, but I just don’t get it.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:09 - May 18 with 2222 viewsqprxtc

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:07 - May 18 by MrSheen

Plenty to choose from but I’ll pick Nick Cave. I tried, but I just don’t get it.

Yep, plus Tom Waits.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:13 - May 18 with 2204 viewsDannyPaddox

Nick Cave inauthentic tosser. Tom Waits is class.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:14 - May 18 with 2198 viewsaston_hoop

Bon Jovi. I say this every time this comes around. But I hate them.

Muse. They actually started ok too, just got properly shite.

REM. I just don't get it, its possible they're just rubbish.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:21 - May 18 with 2183 viewsqprxtc

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:13 - May 18 by DannyPaddox

Nick Cave inauthentic tosser. Tom Waits is class.

One night in The Pav you can give me the Tom Waits spiel and I’ll see the light.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:23 - May 18 with 2179 viewsStanisgod

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:04 - May 18 by DannyPaddox

Led Zeppelin. Whiny vocals and a bloke showing off in a guitar shop. The sound of hairy men from the 1970s masturbating.

Nurse, he's escaped!!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:39 - May 18 with 2141 viewsNov77

The smiths
REM
George Formby

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:40 - May 18 with 2139 viewsjohncharles

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:04 - May 18 by DannyPaddox

The sound of hairy men from the 1970’s masturbating. Hmmm have to take your on that Danny
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:35]

Strong and stable my arse.

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:42 - May 18 with 2131 viewsjohncharles

Coldstream Guards
Grimethorpe Colliery
Dagenham Girl Pipers

Strong and stable my arse.

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 13:10 - May 18 with 2091 viewsfrancisbowles

Boney M.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 13:14 - May 18 with 2085 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dire Straits and Queen can sometimes give me the time tits.

In fact, Dire Straits covering Bo Rhap in a UB40 styley with Taylor Swift on lead vocals and Noel Gallagher on twangy guitar, would cause me to to chin someone.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 15:19 - May 18 with 1975 viewsDannyPaddox

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 12:21 - May 18 by qprxtc

One night in The Pav you can give me the Tom Waits spiel and I’ll see the light.

Well seeing as you’re ...

👍🏼
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 15:33 - May 18 with 1959 viewsNov77

John Hammond did an entire album of Tom Waits covers, that was my 'way in', then went back and bought all the albums, the bloke's a genius.

credited with the line "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 15:36 - May 18 with 1954 viewsQPRSteve

Beach Boys
REM
Oasis
Cockney Rebel
Supertramp
Genesis
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 15:38 - May 18 with 1952 viewsWokingR

Simple Minds
Just didn't get it.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 15:53 - May 18 with 1932 viewsstevec

Nirvana.

In fact any band that becomes ‘posthumously great’.

Smells like my arse, more like.
Top bands or singers that you've never taken to. on 16:30 - May 18 with 1893 viewsHayesender

Meat loaf

Queen

Eurythmics

Dire straights

Prince

Micheal Jackson

Whitney Houston

James Brown

All a load of old nonsense imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024