Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? 09:29 - Sep 12 with 16714 viewsKonk

Fulham v Arsenal is the 12:30 kick-off today, meaning that if we win, we will go top of the table. Win heavily and we will probably still be top of the table by the end of the weekend. If we then continue that form and win all our remaining matches heavily, we will probably have been top of the table for the entire duration of the season. Remarkable.

Has any team ever achieved this before? Hopefully Scott Parker will see this, print it off and let it form the basis of his team talk. Fulham FC -The Untoppables 2020/21. Sod's law that grounds are closed when this happens. Even so, I couldn't be prouder. I'm starting fundraising to get a statue of Kenny Tete for the pavement outside the Chancellors. COYW.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 11:48 - Sep 14 with 2840 viewsE1Hoop

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 10:21 - Sep 14 by Konk

Well, that's the unbeaten record gone, then. It had to go sometime, and now that monkey's off our back, we can just concentrate on trying to win the remaining games. It's all to play for.

A back four that wasn't great in the Championship wasn't filling me with too much confidence before the game, but I think Parker was right to stick with that defence rather than rush in players who've signed a couple of days before the game. It did rather starkly demonstrate that we need at least one, and preferably two really decent CBs in before the window shuts. Once my new favourite player that I've never seen before, Kenny Tete, is in the side, we will be unbeatable, though.

As for Parker's comments - I don't really have a problem with that - just being brutally honest, and I'm sure the players have figured it out themselves. We weren't a very good side last season, so, depressing as it is, I think the club would see 17th place this year as a decent achievement. Three cheers for modern football.

FULFORCE - Yeah, I'm not really sure what that's all about. I think our marketing team might be FULOFSHITIDEAS.

“Preferably two decent centre backs.”
A return for the mighty Dan Burn?
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 17:50 - Sep 14 with 2693 viewsNoelmc

All 3 teams up from the Championship struggled defensively at the weekend. Ten goals conceded between the 3 of them.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 18:05 - Sep 14 with 2663 viewsted_hendrix

Our first away game at WHL after the play off final and we were pulled apart defensively, sat there thinking jeez this is gonna be a long, long hard season, got beat 4-0.
It was a long, long hard season and I do not miss the Prem one Iota.

The euphoria of Bobby Zamora day was soon a fast fading distant memory,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:03 - Sep 30 with 2387 viewsKonk

Right, I'm beginning to think that we might not win the league this season after all. Something's not quite clicking. I can't put my finger on what's gone wrong so far, but you'd think that with more or less the same defence that conceded only 81 goals last time we were in the PL, we'd at least be solid at the back.

Some of our fans are suggesting that a big part of the problem might be having a part-time DOF, based in the States, with no background in football, identifying and approving all signings using an analytics model he and his mates have established as part of an IT project at college. But I have absolute faith in Tony Khan - he never leaves signings to the last minute, we always address the obvious shortcomings in personnel and he always learns from his mistakes. We were so well prepared last season, that we managed to sign Hector just after the August deadline and then pay him to train with us until the window reopened again. That's forward planning.

On the good news front, at least the grounds are shut.

PS. Big Dan Burn all the way!

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:06 - Sep 30 with 2381 viewsMick_S

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:03 - Sep 30 by Konk

Right, I'm beginning to think that we might not win the league this season after all. Something's not quite clicking. I can't put my finger on what's gone wrong so far, but you'd think that with more or less the same defence that conceded only 81 goals last time we were in the PL, we'd at least be solid at the back.

Some of our fans are suggesting that a big part of the problem might be having a part-time DOF, based in the States, with no background in football, identifying and approving all signings using an analytics model he and his mates have established as part of an IT project at college. But I have absolute faith in Tony Khan - he never leaves signings to the last minute, we always address the obvious shortcomings in personnel and he always learns from his mistakes. We were so well prepared last season, that we managed to sign Hector just after the August deadline and then pay him to train with us until the window reopened again. That's forward planning.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:11 - Sep 30 with 2359 viewsTheChef

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:03 - Sep 30 by Konk

Pleased to see the announcement that more signings are needed, that was pretty obvious. And that strategy worked very well last time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:18 - Sep 30 with 2337 viewsLongsufferingR

Who even knows what the "right" way is anymore? Spend £100m and get relegated, spend nothing and get relegated, have a manager with a system in place that surprises people so you stay up but then get relegated the following season?

It's so sad that so soon after the joy of a promotion, you have to put up with 9 months of spankings, just like we did last time. 3 games in and Fulham and WBA have conceded 21 goals already.

There but for the grace of god.......
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:26 - Sep 30 with 2305 viewsKonk

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:06 - Sep 30 by Mick_S

Yeah, big Mike is looking right at home in our defence this season.

I'm going with a Capricorn One/faked Moon landings approach to this season. When we finish with 2 points and a GD of -108, I'm gonna be all over social media claiming the whole season was faked. Covid-19 is a big fat lie used as an excuse to shut the grounds, so they could televise our weekly tonkings without any witnesses in the ground to go public about what was actually happening; which is that when you see 'Fulham' looking hopelessly out of their depth and/or a bit dogshi t, it's actually a load of actors who support Brentford running round with masks on, pretending to be Tim Ream, Tom Cairney etc.

The whole Covid thing is being controlled by Matthew Benham, Dean Gaffney and the Mayor of Staines. They threw the match at Wembley so that we could get promoted and then humiliated. Ask yourself why the best team in world football lost to Fulham in the play-offs? Why was their keeper stretching his legs on Wembley Way when Joe Bryan scored his free-kick from 40 yards? This is all massively fu cking plausible, btw.

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:31 - Sep 30 with 2277 viewsDWQPR

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:26 - Sep 30 by Konk

I'm going with a Capricorn One/faked Moon landings approach to this season. When we finish with 2 points and a GD of -108, I'm gonna be all over social media claiming the whole season was faked. Covid-19 is a big fat lie used as an excuse to shut the grounds, so they could televise our weekly tonkings without any witnesses in the ground to go public about what was actually happening; which is that when you see 'Fulham' looking hopelessly out of their depth and/or a bit dogshi t, it's actually a load of actors who support Brentford running round with masks on, pretending to be Tim Ream, Tom Cairney etc.

The whole Covid thing is being controlled by Matthew Benham, Dean Gaffney and the Mayor of Staines. They threw the match at Wembley so that we could get promoted and then humiliated. Ask yourself why the best team in world football lost to Fulham in the play-offs? Why was their keeper stretching his legs on Wembley Way when Joe Bryan scored his free-kick from 40 yards? This is all massively fu cking plausible, btw.

Good point well made Konk. Was the demolition of the Riverside stand and replace it with a permanent building site covered in tarpaulin also part of the strategy to put off weekend strollers down the towpath from peering over the gates to have a sneeky glimpse of what was going on beyond?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:37 - Sep 30 with 2266 viewsTheChef

Never mind eh, doesn't Scott Parker look gorgeous in his blazer and grey slacks combo?

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:50 - Sep 30 with 2186 viewsfrancisbowles

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:37 - Sep 30 by TheChef

Never mind eh, doesn't Scott Parker look gorgeous in his blazer and grey slacks combo?

I've heard a rumour, from within the club, that discussions are going on with Eddie Howe.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:53 - Sep 30 with 2178 viewsLongsufferingR

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:50 - Sep 30 by francisbowles

I've heard a rumour, from within the club, that discussions are going on with Eddie Howe.

For style tips?
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:59 - Sep 30 with 2169 viewsKonk

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:31 - Sep 30 by DWQPR

Good point well made Konk. Was the demolition of the Riverside stand and replace it with a permanent building site covered in tarpaulin also part of the strategy to put off weekend strollers down the towpath from peering over the gates to have a sneeky glimpse of what was going on beyond?

I'm not quite sure why they've demolished the Riverside, but it's definitely all part of some conspiracy and whatever the reason behind it, it's probably to keep the public away.

Eddie Howe - I'm not Parker's biggest fan, but anyone would be screwed with our current DOF/recruitment model, so I feel quite sorry for Parker. Literally the only positive that Tony Khan brings to the job is that his Dad is a multi-billionaire who's prepared to finance his son's football project, so we get a new stand out of it and shouldn't go bust whilst he's around. He wouldn't have got an interview for a DOF role at any club in world football if his Dad wasn't worth billions. Parker publicly having a pop at Khan for his comments on Monday, and also some pops at transfer policy/activity, aren't going to be doing much for his chances of hanging about as we get stuffed every week, but I respect him for speaking up.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:09 - Sep 30 with 2140 viewsLythamR

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:59 - Sep 30 by Konk

I'm not quite sure why they've demolished the Riverside, but it's definitely all part of some conspiracy and whatever the reason behind it, it's probably to keep the public away.

Eddie Howe - I'm not Parker's biggest fan, but anyone would be screwed with our current DOF/recruitment model, so I feel quite sorry for Parker. Literally the only positive that Tony Khan brings to the job is that his Dad is a multi-billionaire who's prepared to finance his son's football project, so we get a new stand out of it and shouldn't go bust whilst he's around. He wouldn't have got an interview for a DOF role at any club in world football if his Dad wasn't worth billions. Parker publicly having a pop at Khan for his comments on Monday, and also some pops at transfer policy/activity, aren't going to be doing much for his chances of hanging about as we get stuffed every week, but I respect him for speaking up.

If you can hold on to Parker for another month Wayne Rooney may well be available!
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:10 - Sep 30 with 2138 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sympathies, Konk. We've all been there, and it's no fun.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:24 - Sep 30 with 2100 viewskensalriser

Parker's on a win win here, he either keeps the job or gets the sack, a payoff, and a new gig before Christmas.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:25 - Sep 30 with 2093 viewsswitchingcode

😂Took you a while to work that out.Dampens the disappointment of Wembley when you fear we would have performed the same.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:27 - Sep 30 with 2087 viewsted_hendrix

Sounds to me like Konk is suffering from major withdrawal symptoms.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:28 - Sep 30 with 2086 viewsHarbour

Hope your form improves and you get some points on the board. If that fails you could try for improving your luck by reinstating the MJ statue!
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:34 - Sep 30 with 2059 viewsTheChef

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:53 - Sep 30 by LongsufferingR

For style tips?

When it comes to football style, look no further.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 17:08 - Sep 30 with 1997 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:28 - Sep 30 by Harbour

Hope your form improves and you get some points on the board. If that fails you could try for improving your luck by reinstating the MJ statue!

Or reinstating MH?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 17:36 - Sep 30 with 1966 viewsrsonist

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:06 - Sep 30 by Mick_S

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 17:55 - Sep 30 with 1940 viewsMrSheen

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:34 - Sep 30 by TheChef

When it comes to football style, look no further.

Europe's finest...Guy Roux

Hard to look past a German Helmut

Uncle Monty Lobanovskiy
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 23:03 - Sep 30 with 1766 viewsDWQPR

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 17:36 - Sep 30 by rsonist

“100% false lie”. Sounds to me then that Khan Jnr hasn’t gone to any games recently.

I really get the feeling that Konk is actually enjoying seeing his team getting stuffed in the big league. Maybe he’s hoping that FulFarceham will take Derby’s record from them.

And given young Scotty Parker’s choice of attire I look forward to seeing him wearing a three quarter length fishtail coat complete with snorkel fur lined hood and target on the back. He would then he know as a Scott Parka!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 23:07 - Sep 30 with 1751 viewsqprxtc

They should never have sold Richard Money.

Not to Luvervetpool neither.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024