Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play Paddy Kenny 20:34 - Sep 30 with 3475 viewsloftboy

Apologised for calling us tinpot and said it was a reaction to some qpr fans calling his kids fat and ugly, I despair at some of our fans sometimes.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 21:31 - Sep 30 with 2656 viewsRangersw12

He's talking rubbish

He was laughing at us because we lost 5-0 to Swansea and Rangers fans quite rightly called him out on it calling him bitter he the started calling us tinpot etc
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 00:56 - Oct 1 with 2429 viewstimcocking

Ah, sh!t happens. Paddy was bloody quality for us, i'll forgive him, we can all lose our temper. Glad to see he's apologised.
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 07:54 - Oct 1 with 2269 viewsNorthernr

At the time, he was right. And the way he was treated, I don't blame him for having a pop.
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 08:19 - Oct 1 with 2212 viewsToast_R

The amount of money that went on the two clowns Cesar and Green to replace a keeper who was just a capable was an absolute fail of epic proportions. Tin Pot doesn't even cover the prologue.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 8:21]
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 09:05 - Oct 1 with 2130 viewsLimerickR

He was sloshed that night, but some of it was funny.

I remember him posting our illustrious manager's car park space titled "Mark Hughes OBE" with the caption "Out Before Easter". Wasn't wrong was he?
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 09:42 - Oct 1 with 2081 viewsDejR_vu

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 07:54 - Oct 1 by Northernr

At the time, he was right. And the way he was treated, I don't blame him for having a pop.

If he had called out the owners and the management that would have been fair enough. But calling the club tinpot was out of order. That was never going to go down well with the fans and felt like an insult to everyone, fans included. Up until Hughes, he’d been treated well by the club and the fans (player of the year ahead of Adel😳), won one of only two promotions in his career with us at a time when he thought his career was over. I would have thought the good outweighed the bad. Gloating once he’d left just rubbed salt in the wound for the fans, who were only ever going to be the ones bothered by his bollox on Twitter.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 10:05 - Oct 1 with 2034 viewsW7Ranger

Certainly forgiven by me. He made a mistake (calling us tinpot whilst still smarting about how he'd been treated is hardly crime of the century is it) and he's apologised for it. That should be the end of it in my opinion.

REALLY poorly treated by that useless twunt Hughes. Was gutted when he left. Fantastic 'keeper. One of the best I've seen down the R's for years. Personally I think he was even better than Smithies.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:39]
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 10:38 - Oct 1 with 1966 viewsdaveB

It seemed at the time he was reacting to being sold and replaced by Greeen and sent several tweets laughing about us losing 5-0, was clearly pissed and when a few fans had a go at him he called us tin pot as he was then in his eyes at a much bigger club. Probably a lesson to professional footballers not to tweet to their former club when pissed. I doubt he meant it but was bloody stupid
Login to get fewer ads

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 10:41 - Oct 1 with 1954 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton called us out while taking our wages. I can forgive Kenny, but not Barton.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 11:06 - Oct 1 with 1891 viewsRangersw12

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 10:41 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Barton called us out while taking our wages. I can forgive Kenny, but not Barton.

Still think the most shameful thing about that period was when some fans sang "one Joey Barton " at the Sheff Wed game

Bloke had been mocking us for a year and we welcome him back with open arms
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 11:09 - Oct 1 with 1869 viewsbakerloo8

Professional footballers treated poorly. I weep 🤣

Always like Paddy. Good keeper and played his part in a great side. Few shandies and a mouth off wont change that.
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 11:39 - Oct 1 with 1826 viewsHayesender

Still love his celebration in front of the Leicester fans after the last minute winner

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 11:42 - Oct 1 with 1814 viewskensalriser

All a bit infantile really, especially the people taking great umbrage at someone saying something horrid about their football club.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 11:59 - Oct 1 with 1792 viewsDejR_vu

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 11:42 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

All a bit infantile really, especially the people taking great umbrage at someone saying something horrid about their football club.

I’m not sure a few people expressing a view on something that happened about 10 years ago qualifies as taking ‘great umbrage’, more a simple opinion.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 12:22 - Oct 1 with 1755 views00calben

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 07:54 - Oct 1 by Northernr

My exact thoughts at the time and still today.
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 12:38 - Oct 1 with 1712 viewsR_from_afar

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 08:19 - Oct 1 by Toast_R

The amount of money that went on the two clowns Cesar and Green to replace a keeper who was just a capable was an absolute fail of epic proportions. Tin Pot doesn't even cover the prologue.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 8:21]

Green's career with us certainly tailed off but he was in goal when the club's all time clean sheet record was set, and for the play-off final. I still have great respect for him, for Kenny too, although that rant was poor.

I also don't blame Cesar for coming to the club when Hughesless decided it would be a good idea to buy two first choice 'keepers in a week, at an eye-watering cost to the club.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 12:39 - Oct 1 with 1714 viewscharmr

Celebrated wildly in front of us one year when he was playing for sheff utd up at Brammel lane way back.

Deservedly won poty for me, kept us in so many game. Never fully realized how good he was and somewhat unorthodox. Saw his wife with and his kids all in Rangers shirts with his name on the back at a game, very sweet.
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 13:22 - Oct 1 with 1627 viewsW7Ranger

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 12:38 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

Green's career with us certainly tailed off but he was in goal when the club's all time clean sheet record was set, and for the play-off final. I still have great respect for him, for Kenny too, although that rant was poor.

I also don't blame Cesar for coming to the club when Hughesless decided it would be a good idea to buy two first choice 'keepers in a week, at an eye-watering cost to the club.

What all time clean sheet record?

Kenny kept 25 cleans sheets in one season. Green kept around 19 in one season.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 13:23]
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 13:46 - Oct 1 with 1575 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 13:22 - Oct 1 by W7Ranger

Consecutive clean sheets?

Sounds vaguely familiar...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 13:47 - Oct 1 with 1575 viewsMyke

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 13:22 - Oct 1 by W7Ranger

I think Green may have had more consecutive clean sheets than Kenny. Both keepers served us very well , a fact sometimes forgotten. Although Kenny wasn't great for Ireland
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 14:05 - Oct 1 with 1533 viewsW7Ranger

Aaah ok. Yes consecutive clean sheets sounds about right.

All I know is the Kenny's performances (for me) were consistently better than Green's.
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 14:09 - Oct 1 with 1519 viewsfrancisbowles

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 13:47 - Oct 1 by Myke

I think Green may have had more consecutive clean sheets than Kenny. Both keepers served us very well , a fact sometimes forgotten. Although Kenny wasn't great for Ireland

Quite a few of Green's were in that spell when McClaren was doing what he was (past tense) good at, coaching senior pros, particularly the defence. I think we went 15 unbeaten at the start and then struggled a bit when he left, and had to settle for 4th and the play offs.
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 15:01 - Oct 1 with 1454 viewsW7Ranger

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 14:09 - Oct 1 by francisbowles

Quite a few of Green's were in that spell when McClaren was doing what he was (past tense) good at, coaching senior pros, particularly the defence. I think we went 15 unbeaten at the start and then struggled a bit when he left, and had to settle for 4th and the play offs.

Think it was only about 10 or 11. Then lost up at Burnley.

But yes, it coincided with McClaren coaching, then leaving!
Fair play Paddy Kenny on 15:03 - Oct 1 with 1450 viewsBoston

I had a couple of Brazilians working for me back then, liked their football but not overly familiar with the English game. I remember one morning informing them that my club had just signed Cesar...couple of seconds silence until one of them turned around and said, “then you are no good!”

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 15:12 - Oct 1 with 1425 viewsToast_R

Fair play Paddy Kenny on 12:38 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

Rob Green was a steady Championship goalkeeper no more. He was never an improvement on Kenny in a million years and the fact we signed him in the Premier League where he plundered goal after goal because, well, he just wasn't very good, proves my point. A total waste of money.

I didn't make much of Cesar either, positioning on free kicks was shambolic. A classic case of an Agent fluttering his eye lids at the club and QPR taking the bait.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 15:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024