Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 115828 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 08:20 - Nov 6 with 1869 viewstraininvain

I wonder how important the potential senate run offs in Georgia might be to how this plays out with Trump.

GOP could be risking the senate if they back Trump’s post election madness. They’ll have to make a call on how this will go down with the average republican voter.

They might be better off withdrawing support and focussing on retaining the senate.
Trump on 08:30 - Nov 6 with 1842 viewsR_from_afar

Trump on 00:26 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Guardian US:

TV news networks including ABC, CBS and MSNBC stopped broadcasting the president’s remarks — which amounted to a series of un-democratic lies.

As MSNBC cut away from the White House, after the president falsely declared victory, anchor Brian Williams commented, “Here we are again in the unusual position of not only interrupting the president of the United States but correcting the president of the United States.”

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Trump on 08:52 - Nov 6 with 1793 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 07:59 - Nov 6 by Juzzie

Any footage anywhere?

There’s very little on the BBC News app and what i have seen he looks disconsolate and unconvincing in his own comments.

I don't know, watched it live on CNN, he basically stood there for half an hour and read out every consipiracy theory going, then stormed off without taking questions.
Trump on 08:59 - Nov 6 with 1780 viewsted_hendrix

Trump on 00:26 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Guardian US:

TV news networks including ABC, CBS and MSNBC stopped broadcasting the president’s remarks — which amounted to a series of un-democratic lies.

As MSNBC cut away from the White House, after the president falsely declared victory, anchor Brian Williams commented, “Here we are again in the unusual position of not only interrupting the president of the United States but correcting the president of the United States.”

He has the whitest teeth in the history of white teeth, If being president of America required that the president must have really white teeth then Trump surely should be president.

Pretty good fake tan too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Trump on 09:13 - Nov 6 with 1753 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can't they just share it?
Like Evans and Houllier?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump on 09:23 - Nov 6 with 1730 viewsmarkqpr

Trump on 09:13 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't they just share it?
Like Evans and Houllier?

More like Marsh and Francis!

I'm waiting for his Prison Guards Militia to turn up on the White House lawn declaring him under siege as the sole defender of Democracy.

Looks like he's lost this election race but he's certainly wins the race to the bottom. Every time.
Trump on 09:27 - Nov 6 with 1715 viewsnix

Can't Alan Sugar just tell him that for him his time is over, he's fired...
Trump on 09:34 - Nov 6 with 1697 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can we agree on one thing?

That centrism isn’t quite the draw to working class people as we think it is?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 9:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 09:36 - Nov 6 with 1690 viewsEastR

Trump on 00:06 - Nov 6 by aston_hoop

Hard to believe I just watched the adult leader of a democratic country speaking there. What a world we currently live in

The man’s lack of self-awareness, humility and fairness is staggering.

And yet, he has secured more votes than he did in 2016 and the largest number in history for a Republican candidate.

As they say over there, ‘go figure’.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Trump on 09:43 - Nov 6 with 1658 viewstraininvain

Trump on 09:34 - Nov 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s honestly your take home from the last few years after Brexit, Corbyn, Trump etc?

If Sanders had run against Trump he would’ve been annihilated.

It would help if Labour or the Dems actually tried to occupy the centre as opposed to left or left of centre.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 9:44]
Trump on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 1615 viewsnix

Biden reportedly takes the lead in Georgia for the first time. Really going to the wire.
Trump on 09:55 - Nov 6 with 1610 viewsMyke

Trump on 09:36 - Nov 6 by EastR

The man’s lack of self-awareness, humility and fairness is staggering.

And yet, he has secured more votes than he did in 2016 and the largest number in history for a Republican candidate.

As they say over there, ‘go figure’.

Just to be clear, I don't want Trump to win the election. But in terms of his lack of self-awareness and humility, that is not actually his fault. He has bee brainwashed and conditioned since the moment he was born to believe he is the best, that might is right, that money and power is everything and that anyone with an alternative view is dispensable. Those characteristics are what make him an excellent businessman and a disastrous President. He increased his vote because he put money in people's pockets and the weakness of his opponent - the latter being the same reason he was elected four years ago in the first place. His crassness is actually attractive to those that feel they can connect with him.
To be honest, Johnson is not that far away from the American model, while in Brazil they have a replica of Trump. Meanwhile, in Ireland we have incoherent, incompetents running the country. Our Taoiseach is such a bad orator that he has to read important announcements; like lockdown, off an autocue. Our Tánaiste, is significantly better when making speeches, but was reduced to a mumbling, stuttering, incoherent, when trying to answer unscripted questions in the Dail during the week. The reality is that truly great Statesmen are a dying breed
Trump on 09:58 - Nov 6 with 1599 viewsterryb

Trump on 08:03 - Nov 6 by wood_hoop

I knew the Republicans had made a mistake in Trump, there's hope for 2024....

https://us.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics/dog-mayor-rabbit-hash-kentucky-trnd/index

It was said on one station yesterday that White House officials were sugesting that Trump stands again in 2024 to correct his loss by cheating & fraud!

I hadn't realised till last night that Detroit & Philadelphia were the worst places on the planet for election fraud & as enenies of democrarcy.
Trump on 10:13 - Nov 6 with 1557 viewsKonk

Biden is about as centrist as you can get and he's gained more votes than anyone in US history, and will likely win the Presidency, so I'd say picking Biden over someone like Sanders, was the right thing to do in the circumstances. Do you seriously believe that Bernie Sanders would have performed as well in the suburbs as Biden or that significant numbers of Trump's working class followers would have voted for Sanders over Trump?

Having seen how many historically rock-solid Labour seats the Tories won in predominantly working class constituencies at the last election, can we all agree that Corbyn type manifestos/wish lists that voters view as unrealistic, aren't quite the draw to working class people that you think they are?

EDIT: If Biden wins, he will also have beaten an incumbent President, which doesn't usually happen, looks set to flip a number of states, looks to have secured 4m+ more votes than his opponent, and has done so despite an economy that was doing well before Covid-19, and where there's a lot of sympathy for Trump in terms of Covid-19 derailing the economy rather than any of his actions (whether that sympathy is deserved or not isn't really the issue, as it's all about perceptions). In my head, it's inconceivable that anyone could vote for Trump given who and what he is, but if you get all your 'news' from FOX, Right-wing radio hosts and like-minded Facebooks groups etc, then you're not going to share my views on Trump.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 10:31]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Trump on 10:16 - Nov 6 with 1547 viewsKonk

Trump on 09:58 - Nov 6 by terryb

It was said on one station yesterday that White House officials were sugesting that Trump stands again in 2024 to correct his loss by cheating & fraud!

I hadn't realised till last night that Detroit & Philadelphia were the worst places on the planet for election fraud & as enenies of democrarcy.

One theory is that if he quickly announces he'll run in 2024, then any federal investigations concerning his or his family's actions whilst in office, can be framed by Trump and his followers as politically-motivated, and therefore deter the Dems from pursuing cases.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Trump on 10:20 - Nov 6 with 1527 viewsnix

Trump on 10:16 - Nov 6 by Konk

One theory is that if he quickly announces he'll run in 2024, then any federal investigations concerning his or his family's actions whilst in office, can be framed by Trump and his followers as politically-motivated, and therefore deter the Dems from pursuing cases.

Interesting.

Another theory is that by being so disruptive about going now he's hoping he'll get an amnesty for him and his family in return for eventually leaving quietly.
Trump on 10:25 - Nov 6 with 1508 viewsMrSheen

Trump on 09:58 - Nov 6 by terryb

Great source here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convi

Pennsylvania certainly pulls its weight, and Kwame Kilpatrick, formerly Mayor of Detroit, is a star performer, but your local incarceration facility is a diverse place.
Trump on 10:40 - Nov 6 with 1475 viewsGaryT

Trump on 09:55 - Nov 6 by Myke

Just to be clear, I don't want Trump to win the election. But in terms of his lack of self-awareness and humility, that is not actually his fault. He has bee brainwashed and conditioned since the moment he was born to believe he is the best, that might is right, that money and power is everything and that anyone with an alternative view is dispensable. Those characteristics are what make him an excellent businessman and a disastrous President. He increased his vote because he put money in people's pockets and the weakness of his opponent - the latter being the same reason he was elected four years ago in the first place. His crassness is actually attractive to those that feel they can connect with him.
To be honest, Johnson is not that far away from the American model, while in Brazil they have a replica of Trump. Meanwhile, in Ireland we have incoherent, incompetents running the country. Our Taoiseach is such a bad orator that he has to read important announcements; like lockdown, off an autocue. Our Tánaiste, is significantly better when making speeches, but was reduced to a mumbling, stuttering, incoherent, when trying to answer unscripted questions in the Dail during the week. The reality is that truly great Statesmen are a dying breed

Trump is not an excellent businessman, he just likes to tell everyone he is. I could go on about his 6 bankruptcies and dodgy deals with foreign countries he shouldn't be dealing with but I don't have the energy. He's a fraud and a conman and a country that still believes it's the greatest in the world and the land of the free (despite all the evidence proving otherwise), fell for it. Every US citizen should be forced to watch "Where to invade next" to burst their bubble.

He's clearly not going to go without torching the place on the way out and whilst that's clearly a bad thing, I'm reminded of the story he used to tell about the serpent which ends with the words, "What did you expect, you knew I was a snake!".
Trump on 11:05 - Nov 6 with 1409 viewswood_hoop

Trump on 10:40 - Nov 6 by GaryT

Trump is not an excellent businessman, he just likes to tell everyone he is. I could go on about his 6 bankruptcies and dodgy deals with foreign countries he shouldn't be dealing with but I don't have the energy. He's a fraud and a conman and a country that still believes it's the greatest in the world and the land of the free (despite all the evidence proving otherwise), fell for it. Every US citizen should be forced to watch "Where to invade next" to burst their bubble.

He's clearly not going to go without torching the place on the way out and whilst that's clearly a bad thing, I'm reminded of the story he used to tell about the serpent which ends with the words, "What did you expect, you knew I was a snake!".

Not exactly skint as some would wish it seems, so much dodgy dealing probably hard to ever find out,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/16/donald-trump-has-at-least-1
Trump on 11:13 - Nov 6 with 1373 viewsPhildo

A lot fell for that though. I remember someone saying to me when he won- 'well having a businessman in charge will be good for a change.' Its a seductive, simplistic and therefore attractive idea. Businessmen turned politicians have tended not to be good at politics but the desire for 'something different' appeals to the human psyche I think.
Trump on 11:14 - Nov 6 with 1367 viewsGaryT

Trump on 11:05 - Nov 6 by wood_hoop

Not exactly skint as some would wish it seems, so much dodgy dealing probably hard to ever find out,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/16/donald-trump-has-at-least-1

A few years old now but just how many Trump supporters know anything about his dodgy dealings?

Trump on 11:27 - Nov 6 with 1321 viewsEastR

Indeed. His success in business was founded on, and is limited to, the property portfolio he inherited. What he is good at is self-promotion and creating a narrative that simplistic, misleading, divisive but remains popular.

Fair play to him for that. He is the living proof that apparently it is possible to fool many people most of the time.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Trump on 11:29 - Nov 6 with 1313 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump on 09:43 - Nov 6 by traininvain

That’s honestly your take home from the last few years after Brexit, Corbyn, Trump etc?

If Sanders had run against Trump he would’ve been annihilated.

It would help if Labour or the Dems actually tried to occupy the centre as opposed to left or left of centre.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 9:44]

Yeah it is.

‘If Sanders had run against Trump he would’ve been annihilated’

Can I asked what this is based on and what centrism actually is policy wise? What does it offer people?

Biden’s election pitch of ‘not being Trump’ doesn’t seem like a tangible benefit to working class people to me. I don’t see how it gets uninsured people into full and decent healthcare, reduces home repossession, or cleans poisonous water in Detroit.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 11:36]
Trump on 11:35 - Nov 6 with 1291 viewswood_hoop

Thursday, 6 May 2021, date of next local elections in the UK, will be interesting to see if Starmer can put across to the electorate just how much he has rid the LP of Corbynsm.

Not a GE but maybe a litmus test for where the LP is heading, after Johnson's fiasco so far of dealing with things it shouldn't be too hard to win back some support from the 'red wall' districts, notably that when the latest lockdown kicked in, back to 80% furlough rate but northern cities only offered 67% a few weeks ago, nothing to do with Tory heartlands being kicked in the balls as well now by the virus.

Maybe centrist to you Bazz but if LP dosn't move away from Corbynites then the wilderness is where they will stay.
Trump on 11:40 - Nov 6 with 1271 viewstraininvain

Trump on 11:29 - Nov 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah it is.

‘If Sanders had run against Trump he would’ve been annihilated’

Can I asked what this is based on and what centrism actually is policy wise? What does it offer people?

Biden’s election pitch of ‘not being Trump’ doesn’t seem like a tangible benefit to working class people to me. I don’t see how it gets uninsured people into full and decent healthcare, reduces home repossession, or cleans poisonous water in Detroit.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 11:36]

It’s based on watching the disastrous Corbyn experiment over here and actually listening to what Brexit and Trump voters have to say.

Nearly 70m people voted for Trump and many of them like his policies on tax etc. They can’t all be labelled racists.

I’m amazed that people still think the answer to Trump and Brexit is to move further to the left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024