Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Streaming 17:29 - Nov 20 with 1560 viewsfrancisbowles

Probably best not to put any links up for unofficial streams. Could be problems for the site and Clive.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/protect-us-from-piracy-201120/
Streaming on 18:44 - Nov 20 with 1483 viewsLunarJetman

I’m all for this as long as they make sure the service they’re providing is decent and stable. As long as that is sorted out there’s no reason to not pay for the official stream.

Bit like the Retro kerfuffle earlier this year.
Streaming on 18:55 - Nov 20 with 1474 viewsstevec

Understand the clubs situation but when unofficial streams can be better than the official streams, and cost a tenner less, then the clubs need to sort that issue out.

Watched the Bournemouth game on official stream and I struggled to follow any fast flowing moves, the cross from Chair that eluded a couple of forwards was just a blur, had no clue where the ball ended up.
Streaming on 19:34 - Nov 20 with 1429 viewsnix

Personally I think this is fair enough. £10 isn't an awful lot for a live performance that gives us so much to talk about. I know there have been a few blips but I've seen all the official streams this season and haven't had many problems. And I don't think the problems are always at their end, sometimes tech just fails. It's pretty much the only way the club can make any money at the moment until the government backs down on its stance of at times allowing people indoors in pubs but yet not outdoors at football.

If we want the club to move forward, invest and indeed even survive, we've got to put something into it. It's not like Arsenal, Man U, Spurs etc where you think a lot of the cash is going into the directors pockets. We've all got to make our own decisions, but that's how I see it.
Streaming on 19:36 - Nov 20 with 1427 viewswood_hoop

I have a couple of time been tempted to put up streams. bit of a catch 22 for me though, don't want the club to lose revenue but for many supporters this virus has hit hard financially and I if could help only in very small way to see our games at no cost.

As not to get Clive or site into trouble, will refrain from doing so
Streaming on 21:55 - Nov 20 with 1306 viewsdenhamhoop2

Streaming on 19:36 - Nov 20 by wood_hoop

I have a couple of time been tempted to put up streams. bit of a catch 22 for me though, don't want the club to lose revenue but for many supporters this virus has hit hard financially and I if could help only in very small way to see our games at no cost.

As not to get Clive or site into trouble, will refrain from doing so

Well being a season ticket holder they already have my money it would be nice to have a stream that doesn't freeze towards the end of the match
Streaming on 22:16 - Nov 20 with 1277 viewsLythamR

Streaming on 18:55 - Nov 20 by stevec

Understand the clubs situation but when unofficial streams can be better than the official streams, and cost a tenner less, then the clubs need to sort that issue out.

Watched the Bournemouth game on official stream and I struggled to follow any fast flowing moves, the cross from Chair that eluded a couple of forwards was just a blur, had no clue where the ball ended up.

Where to you think the pirate streams are getting theirs from? they dont smuggle their own cameras and infrastructure in. they capture the official stream and restream it.
Streaming on 22:21 - Nov 20 with 1274 viewsNorthernr

Yeh, look, we've all had a drink, we all know the score, but don't post illegal streams on here. I'll delete them when I see them.

Steve the illegal streams are illegal streams of the same feed, so it's the same picture quality. There's no wonderful, secret, illegal, HD feed of Bournemouth 0-0 QPR.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Streaming on 22:22 - Nov 20 with 1267 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The only time I'm tempted to use a stream is when Sky are showing our match. I think we've had two matches on Sky so far. The first time I bought a day pass for Now TV and didn't like it. The second time I didn't bother. I actually felt bad about it and bought a load of merch from the QPR shop to compensate.

I'm getting up early tomorrow to do a self organised walk from home thing ending at Loftus Rd. I've raised £50 from myself and close family that I'll be donating to QPR in the community trust. Then going home to pay £10 to QPR+.

Bottom line is if the game is on QPR+ I'll happily pay. If it's not then I have to look elsewhere. I see that we've got a few games coming up on Sky. According to their website the Brentford game is on Sky Sports Football, Bristol City is on Sky Sports Football 🔴 and Millwall is on Sky Sports.

I'd like to watch these matches but all I see is a bunch of confusing 'packages' none of which I want.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Streaming on 22:27 - Nov 20 with 1259 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Streaming on 22:22 - Nov 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

The only time I'm tempted to use a stream is when Sky are showing our match. I think we've had two matches on Sky so far. The first time I bought a day pass for Now TV and didn't like it. The second time I didn't bother. I actually felt bad about it and bought a load of merch from the QPR shop to compensate.

I'm getting up early tomorrow to do a self organised walk from home thing ending at Loftus Rd. I've raised £50 from myself and close family that I'll be donating to QPR in the community trust. Then going home to pay £10 to QPR+.

Bottom line is if the game is on QPR+ I'll happily pay. If it's not then I have to look elsewhere. I see that we've got a few games coming up on Sky. According to their website the Brentford game is on Sky Sports Football, Bristol City is on Sky Sports Football 🔴 and Millwall is on Sky Sports.

I'd like to watch these matches but all I see is a bunch of confusing 'packages' none of which I want.

Well done on the walk, Clive.
Good work.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Streaming on 22:28 - Nov 20 with 1257 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Streaming on 19:34 - Nov 20 by nix

Personally I think this is fair enough. £10 isn't an awful lot for a live performance that gives us so much to talk about. I know there have been a few blips but I've seen all the official streams this season and haven't had many problems. And I don't think the problems are always at their end, sometimes tech just fails. It's pretty much the only way the club can make any money at the moment until the government backs down on its stance of at times allowing people indoors in pubs but yet not outdoors at football.

If we want the club to move forward, invest and indeed even survive, we've got to put something into it. It's not like Arsenal, Man U, Spurs etc where you think a lot of the cash is going into the directors pockets. We've all got to make our own decisions, but that's how I see it.

Great summary of how I feel.

I'd also add that the offy stream gives you London and Sinton who I think we're lucky to have.

I can't speak highly enough of the commentary, the reliability and the quality.

Streaming on 22:29 - Nov 20 with 1255 viewsNorthernr

Streaming on 22:22 - Nov 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

Is there somewhere we can chip in?
Streaming on 22:34 - Nov 20 with 1231 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Streaming on 22:29 - Nov 20 by Northernr

Is there somewhere we can chip in?

No sorry but if anyone feels like donating directly to the trust i'm sure they'd appreciate it. Cheers Clive.

Streaming on 23:00 - Nov 20 with 1208 viewsthame_hoops

Sanctimonious lot ! Seriously

I’ve been watching Rangers since 86 and pumped loads of money into the club via my tickets, merchandise, food and drink. I’ll watch a free stream and I won’t feel bad about it!
Streaming on 00:12 - Nov 21 with 1152 viewsVancouverHoop

I'd like to be supportive, but as an overseas subscriber to QPR+ the number of matches that are blocked due to Sky and other unidentified license holders is getting beyond a joke.

Watching the match elsewhere is not an option for us, nor do we get an equivalent reduction on our subscriptions when a game is withdrawn which, needless to say, went up this year.

I don't want to watch third-party streams, for the reasons mentioned and also the potentiality for introducing malware on to my system. But the Football League is thinking more about it's own bottom line than it's customers by trying to bully them in this way.
Streaming on 07:27 - Nov 21 with 1085 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Streaming on 23:00 - Nov 20 by thame_hoops

I’ve been watching Rangers since 86 and pumped loads of money into the club via my tickets, merchandise, food and drink. I’ll watch a free stream and I won’t feel bad about it!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/community/about-us/
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 7:44]

Streaming on 08:28 - Nov 21 with 1001 viewsstevec

Streaming on 22:21 - Nov 20 by Northernr

Yeh, look, we've all had a drink, we all know the score, but don't post illegal streams on here. I'll delete them when I see them.

Steve the illegal streams are illegal streams of the same feed, so it's the same picture quality. There's no wonderful, secret, illegal, HD feed of Bournemouth 0-0 QPR.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yeah, hold my hands up to you and Lytham, my keyboard was ahead of my brain and probably not for the first time.

Was thinking and comparing the days of Adel rather than like for like streaming, getting home from places like Reading and watching top quality replays from Algerian TV and Brazilian style commentating but, again, different from club streaming so get the picture.

Doesn’t alter the fact though that quality of club stream has distinct issues and doubt we’d pay a tenner a game and put up with it in any other situation than supporting our own team.

Be interesting to know exactly how much profit the club make on streams, I’m guessing no more than a million a season. Not to be sniffed at but considering the Championships reluctance to embrace a wage cap you wonder if they’re getting the task of salvation arse end up.
Streaming on 08:54 - Nov 21 with 977 viewsdaveB

Apart from the AFC Wimbledon friendly I've never had any issues with the stream, it's worked well for me. I do have moments in games where i can't work out if a shot went in or not fo a few seconds but thats the same when I go.
Streaming on 08:59 - Nov 21 with 970 viewsDorse

Streaming on 22:28 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd also add that the offy stream gives you London and Sinton who I think we're lucky to have.

'Great diagonal ball from Barrrrrr-bet'

Who?! Who, Nick?!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Streaming on 09:12 - Nov 21 with 944 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Streaming on 08:59 - Nov 21 by Dorse

'Great diagonal ball from Barrrrrr-bet'

Who?! Who, Nick?!

I know!

But we can get Terry Cinzano if you'd like.

Streaming on 09:54 - Nov 21 with 876 viewsterryb

Streaming on 23:00 - Nov 20 by thame_hoops

I don't think anybody in telling you not to watch these streams if you wish to.

You're just being asked not to post links to this site or to adverertise them.
Streaming on 10:27 - Nov 21 with 840 viewsDorse

Streaming on 09:54 - Nov 21 by terryb

I don't think anybody in telling you not to watch these streams if you wish to.

You're just being asked not to post links to this site or to adverertise them.

Either digitally, via the mediums of mime, interpretive dance or puppetry.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Streaming on 11:22 - Nov 21 with 786 viewsPinnerPaul

Streaming on 22:28 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

2/3 ain't bad as the song goes!

On a more practical note feed "quality" is down to a number of factors:-

Number and quality of cameras, skill of director and camera operators, technical quality of feed and whether the equipment/feed is HD or not.

And as I've said before London/Sinton having no access to a monior for replays etc at most away games just makes their job a whole lot harder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024